Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
Silly question on the Suzuka TT: How do you maintain max charge in the KERS? I am usually a little above 1/2 charge at the start/finish line when the time starts, and most of the top drivers are over 3/4 charge. And I have less than half coming out of the hairpin after the bridge, which kills my S3 time.

Last edited:
Silly question on the Suzuka TT: How do you maintain max charge in the KERS? I am usually a little above 1/2 charge at the start/finish line when the time starts, and most of the top drivers are over 3/4 charge. And I have less than half coming out of the hairpin after the bridge, which kills my S3 time.
Most drivers carry more speed on their second lap coming out of the hairpin after the bridge in this a TT, rather than their start lap I think.

Last edited:
How annoying is the Lexus event? I watched the #1 replay on the leaderboard and noticed that the kers battery is flat at the end of the lap. So technically you'd have to pause and retry after every lap and then deal with cold tyres again. Of course you could spend a lap just recharging the battery but I feel like that on its own would throw me off really quickly.

Last edited:
Here's my tune for F1. Best time with it 1:19.680.

How annoying is the Lexus event? I watched the #1 replay on the leaderboard and noticed that the kers battery is flat at the end of the lap. So technically you'd have to pause and retry after every lap and then deal with cold tyres again. Of course you could spend a lap just recharging the battery but I feel like that on its own would throw me off really quickly.
Can you justify that there is such a thing as "cold tyres" in this event? I had to test this and didn't feel any difference after having a warm up lap before the fast lap. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20210501_115642_1.jpg
    IMG_20210501_115642_1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20210501_115706_2.jpg
    IMG_20210501_115706_2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:
The new F1 TT would be great except being at Barcelona, of course it becomes a lottery of whether you survive jumping the final chicane :grumpy: Even at max ride height and softest suspension it's still 50:50 whether I survive or not. Probably not gonna spend too much time on this.

Hold the brake when you start the lap until you come out of the chicane, this will prevent the battery depleting until the last moment.
Move brake balance to the rear.
Brake softer, earlier and trail brake longer into the corners to maximise the braking time.

Those are the main points. In the FIA thread some people have reported there is a new trick now of pressing the brakes lightly coming out of corners to get even more energy, but I can't figure out how it works.

Can you justify that there is such a thing as "cold tyres" in this event? I had to test this and didn't feel any difference after having a warm up lap before the fast lap. :)
I just assumed that you'd start with cold tyres, but then I guess there's no point simulating that if there's no tyrewear to begin with.

A lot of people say there's no tyre temps if there's no tyre wear, but I'm not convinced personally. In the Lewis Hamilton challenges if I turn around and do a few burnouts/donuts I have a much better grip in the first turn than if I go directly. Obviously you are not sitting on the grid for 2 minutes like the FIA races so the "coldness" is not that severe, but it's still there.

The Lexus hybrid seems like it's powered by 2xAA batteries :lol: Barely any extra acceleration and gone just after a lap.

Last edited:
What is your configuration for the lexus?

This seems to stay mystery for ever :lol::lol:

Mega lap my friend :cheers:

Thanks Miguel :cheers:
Small mistake on the lap missed one apex and that chicane is always a gamble. But quite happy with that 👍

For my lexus tune, I dropped front springrate to 2.60. Like in prianos tune. It will give better grip to front :cheers:

Last edited:
This seems to stay mystery for ever :lol::lol:

Thanks Miguel :cheers:
Small mistake on the lap missed one apex and that chicane is always a gamble. But quite happy with that 👍

For my lexus tune, I dropped front springrate to 2.60. Like in prianos tune. It will give better grip to front :cheers:

Thank you, my friend, thank you very much

Your welcome! This was my current setup for lexus. Kuorianen has some special setup that he’s not willing to share :lol::lol:
Not sure why :confused: :cheers:
Fantastic time congrats. A good setting help for sure, but some people are just very fast . The most important at my level is be comfortable with my car. I'm not to able to drive this F1 100% , my own tune allow me to reach my limit.
Have a good night.

Thanks my friend :cheers:

I think it's possible to improve. but i found the correct setup only yesterday so not have enough time.
The key of the setup spring rate configuration 2,60 3.5 in @praiano63 setup:cheers:
Well done, that's P2! I have noticed that you have recently joined to some racing team (T-GTCQ), maybe. Can you tell something about that? I'm just curious about what it means to be part of some team. :)

Back