Time Trial Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Stewyripper

Stewyripper

Thanks for the gears and setup gained me 1.3 seconds on the first lap.:cheers::cheers::cheers: :tup::tup::tup:

2. xtrax

xtrax

Well done :cheers:

Yes nice gear , i also very quickly improve
    Thanks @v8_pursuit for this excellent gear box :bowdown:

3. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

Great lap time. :tup:

You´re welcome. :cheers:

4. Bertracer

Bertracer

Hi guys

Gonna give the red bull ring tt a go this week so will try a couple of the tunes.. Thank you for sharing them

One question, which car of the 2 are people using?
    Thanks

Bert

v8_pursuit and Stewyripper like this.
  5. Wheelie87

Wheelie87

:tup::tup:TOP GERBOX SETUP :bowdown::bowdown: just did a 01:54.626:D optimum lap 01:54.242:banghead::lol:

6. sdi_03

sdi_03

Man, I do hate that redbull ring. :lol:
    Will test the v8 gearbox, need to rev the bolts out of the gt with my setup.
    1:54.683 atm. Lose 1 sec on t1 :banghead:

waukazoo, v8_pursuit, xtrax and 2 others like this.
  7. Roweer1

Roweer1

I think You’ll find that most people are using the Toyota
    Well certainly I am, and I’m using the Settings from @v8_pursuit, they seem to suit me fine; thank You for posting them
    I did a 1.54.958 with the old gearbox, but when I changed to the new one, it gave me a big improvement to a 1.54.294 -and i’m even more confident with these gears to improve on that, than i was with the old gearbox.
    Can’t resist mentioning, that furthermore I’m rapidly approaching Geezer-age and I’m sitting in an armchair, using DS4 with x-and Squarebuttons for throttle and brake -meaning my throttle is the on/off-type, and i don’t do simultaneous brake/throttle...
    Will try out @xtrax ’s settings at some point...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021 at 11:10 AM
  8. waukazoo

waukazoo

:bowdown: @v8_pursuit Well done!
    Amazing setup with your new gears. It works really well on this combo.
    Thanks for sharing! :cheers:

9. xtrax

xtrax

I try setup on both cars , i don't feel really a difference

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021 at 4:11 PM
    v8_pursuit likes this.
  10. xtrax

xtrax

@v8_pursuit did a new try with your setup.

But i still have issue on some corners. I lost the rear, probably i keep my feet on the break or accelerate to early.
    But I manage to do 1.53.903 by just reducing the front height to 130 mm so not too bad ;)

And by changing parameter by parameter, I arrived slowly to this new setup, obviously with your excellent gear box :tup:
    New time 1.53.649 with the subaru :gtpflag:
    upload_2021-1-19_22-11-11.png

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021 at 9:13 PM
  11. xtrax

xtrax

Super time using the DS4 :tup:

Sorry to ask, what means Geezer-age, i try in google translate but it gave as answer Age Geezer. This doesn't help me. :D

12. Roweer1

Roweer1

Thank You. Excellent time You have; Will try Your setup.
    I think another expression for Geezer would be “Old Fart” In GTPlanet world it also refers to a group of players at the age of 60+. I think @Stewyripper belongs to that group. I’m not quite there yet,as i will turn 58 at June 3.

13. xtrax

xtrax

Thanks for explanation :tup:

Ok i have some time to reach Geezer age, but not so much Only few years less than you :cheers:

14. sdi_03

sdi_03

Redbullis is slowly opening its secrets to me. 1:53.473 :cheers:
    SUPER thanks to v8 for the transmission :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

E372ACB1-BCCD-4339-88D3-512C231F227E.jpeg
    heres my tune for gt. :)

15. xtrax

xtrax

@sdi_03 super time :tup:
    i will try your setup, thanks for sharing :cheers:
    Yes this track is not easy and many difficulties to manage .

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021 at 7:08 PM
    sdi_03, Roweer1, fordlaser and 2 others like this.
  16. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

You did a great lap. :cheers:

Super lap time. :cheers: And thanks for the tune. I will try this later. :tup:

Same here. Fantastic time and thanks for the share. :cheers::cheers: I will try this later too.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021 at 9:13 PM
    sdi_03, Roweer1, xtrax and 2 others like this.
  17. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Hi mate for the first time in over a month, I am finally using my wheel again and I hope to be around your time soon I hope :cheers:.

18. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

I'm happy to see you back in the grid my friend. :)
    Cheers for a good competion. :cheers:

xtrax, Stewyripper, Roweer1 and 2 others like this.
  19. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

@sdi_03 and @xtrax: I tested both of your setups, but I had only time for a couple of laps. I came close to my best time with both. So each is excellent as I can see on the leaderboard too. :bowdown:

But as stated, this track is tricky, and sometimes I have oversteer and sometimes understeer, but with both setups at different turns. Maybe a combination of both should suit my driving style. I will post my results.

But anyway, I have much fun exchanging setups with you and so to improve and to learn and to be a better driver. Thanks for that. :cheers:

xtrax, sdi_03, Stewyripper and 3 others like this.
  20. Roweer1

Roweer1

Nice to see @xtrax & @sdi_03 stirring up the TX clan a bit :tup:
    I’ve been using @v8_pursuit’s setup conservatively till today, when i maxed out at 1.54.001. I tried @xtrax setup, but i couldn’t get to grips with it; kept losing the rear.
    This evening i went for @sdi_03’s setup. Though it did feel harder to drive -the DS4 probably isn’t making it easier- I immediately felt, there was a sharper turn-in; that it would only be a matter of time till i could control it and improve my best lap. And sure enough: within the hour, i did a 1.53.810 -quite happy with that.:)
    Thanks to the folks that are sharing their setups here. I’d be lost without You!:bowdown::cheers:

21. xtrax

xtrax

Yes you 're right, when you are confortable with a setup for several days you have some marks and reflex and changing with a new setup, it's take time to change mark and reflex. I think it's what happened when i try your setup and @sdi setup.

and mix of setup could help without changing the complete setup.

Yesterday i improve to 1.53.328 with the same setup except for rear toe set to 0.00 instead of +0.15 ,=> taken on @sdi_03 setup :tup:
    as i already took the height and camber from @v8_pursuit , I will say that my setup is already a mix of setup :D Thanks guy for sharing setup :cheers:

Whouah great time with DS4 :bowdown: , for me it's impossible to drive with DS4 :dunce:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021 at 7:22 PM
    v8_pursuit, sdi_03, fordlaser and 2 others like this.
  22. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

Absolutely brilliant time. :bowdown: I´m 1,5s behind. :cheers:

My setup after a couple of days is a mix of setups too. I usually apply what works for me best. And your time is very impressive. :tup::cheers:

23. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

Hi guys, I finally got under 1:55. Exactly 1:54,847. Here's my setup with a gearbox update. But remember, I'm A DS4 user driving with the sticks and automatic gears, so this is might not an improvement for everyone. Give this a try:
    The basic setup is from @sdi_03 with the following changes:

BB - 3
    Front height 145mm
    Rear camber 1,5

Gears:
    Final to 2,500
    Max speed to min
    Final gear remains at 2,500!!!

You can play with the individual gears to suit your driving and braking style.
    Have fun... :cheers:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021 at 12:09 AM
    xtrax, Stewyripper and Roweer1 like this.
  24. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

Talk about tight - I improved my BMB time by about a tenth and moved up over 1,000 places!!! :lol:

Stewyripper and xtrax like this.
  25. oooMaXimumooo

oooMaXimumooo

Hi everyone,Ive been lurking for a while. Thanks for sharing setups and gear ratio’s. Does anyone consider changing the rims of the car with 2 inch up? If so, any of them better than the other? I see the no 1 on the board has upgraded his (if I am right). Happy racing

Stewyripper and xtrax like this.