Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
Now with a few changes to @COLOMBIAMIGUE7 tune, I am ahead of my ghost but losing time on the last corner now.
Honda S660 '15 (N200)
Power Level: 3 Weight Reduction Level: 3
Power Ratio%: 235 Weight Reduction%: 92
Traction Control:
Tyres: Front: Sports Hard Rear: Sports Hard
Brake Balance (Front/Rear): -4
Suspension
Ride Height mm: 88/85
Natural Frequency Hz: 1.95/1.95
Anti-Roll-Bar Level: 10/1
Damping Ratio (Compression) %: 60/64
Danping Ratio (Rebound) %: 90/94
Camber Angle (-) Degree(s): 1.0/2.4
Toe Angle Degree(s): 0.00/In 0.35
Aerodynamics
Downforce Level- Front: n/a Rear: n/a
LSD
F/R
/5
/35
/5
Transmission
Max Speed kmh: 210
1st: 2.924
2nd: 1.926
3rd: 1.463
4th: 1.183
5th: 1.003
6th: 0.875
Final Gear: 4.623

Well gang the new setup.

upload_2021-6-11_11-18-28.jpeg

upload_2021-6-11_11-19-5.jpeg

upload_2021-6-11_11-19-36.jpeg

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
@COLOMBIAMIGUE7: Great improvement of your already great tune my friend. :cheers: 👍 It´s more stable in the Esses in my opinion. I mess it up in the last turn most of the time. I´m ahead of my ghost and then the same as @fordlaser stated before, I try too hard and mess it up.

@fordlaser: Great lap mate. You´re now ahead of me. :cheers: 👍 I´m too using BB 0 in the last days. Maybe this is better with automatic gears.

@Stewyripper: Keep going strong my friend. You are within the top 1% drivers. :cheers: That´s what I try to achieve usually.

Last edited:
@COLOMBIAMIGUE7: Great improvement of your already great tune my friend. :cheers: 👍 It´s more stable in the Esses in my opinion. I mess it up in the last turn most of the time. I´m ahead of my ghost and then the same as @fordlaser stated before, I try too hard and mess it up.

@fordlaser: Great lap mate. You´re now ahead of me. :cheers: 👍 I´m too using BB 0 in the last days. Maybe this is better with automatic gears.

@Stewyripper: Keep going strong my friend. You are within the top 1% drivers. :cheers: That´s what I try to achieve usually.
Thanks my friend :cheers:. That lap time did I really think we need to change the gears a bit to suit Automatic users, for example if we see a @COLOMBIAMIGUE7 or any other player that posts a gearbox on here and they use Manual, we need to change the gears just a little bit rather than not changing anything.
I am definitely getting better lap times by doing this :), and these latest changes I made to COLOMBIAMIGUE7 gearbox is faster than my time that I posted, and changing BB to 0 did really help me but I am taking a rest now for the next TT.

I see my place (from the last ones) at +44,000 in the Gr.2 event and +22,000 in the Suzuka S660 event. This since the first day that the list also has the times of previous events, Gr3 in Mout Panorama and M3 in Alsace... Has anyone else found this error or is it just on my PS?

I just tried the new setup posted above. Its very different, took me a while to get used to but I'm within 2 tenths of the old setup after far fewer laps' practice.

I think the new one has more mid corner grip (due to camber) and is ultimately faster than the old one, but if you exceed the limit, it bites you hard. I need to practice more.

If I'm unsure on mid-corner to exit, I find the "Senna style" pulsed throttle application helps a lot with direction while still giving good acceleration.

Edit: now at 1:00.3

Last edited:
A tune for the Alpine A110 at BB:

Power ratio 180% (249 BHP 28.4 kgfm). Weight Red 92% (657 kg)

TCS: 0
Tyres: SH (fixed by event)

Brake Bal: -2 (I happen to run with ABS off, just what I like, your mileage may vary!)

Ride Height: 110mm/110 mm
Nat Freq: 1.90/1.90
ARB: 10/3
DampC: 60/65
DampR: 95/90
Camber(-): 0.9/3.0
Toe: In 0.10 / In 0.60

LSD IT: 5
LSD Accel: 8
LSD Braking: 5

Gearing (sorry, forgot initial FD)
Max Speed 93 mph

1st: 2.150/ 85
2nd: 1.740/118
3rd: 1.470/ 140
4th: 1.248/ 164 UNUSED
5th: 1.042/ 212 UNUSED
FD: 2.130

Notes:

On stock settings, this car is extremely tail happy! Hopefully I have tamed her a bit.

You might consider dropping the rear RH to absolute minimum.

The LSD Accel is set for stability, higher accel values make the car very twitchy, you get wheelspin and power oversteer. I tried higher values with more toe in to compensate, but it didn't help me.

Dampers may not be optimal - feedback and criticism appreciated.

Camber I believe is pretty decent, more front camber made the car too twitchy on initial turn in.

Line: The first (90deg) corner is critical, brake from the absolute outside of the main straight and clip the apex raised inside a little, it surprisingly doesn't upset the balance of the car too much . Early gas on exit saves you a lot of time. The next corner, start from the outside of the track and dial her in towards the inside, you want to exit in the leftmost lane to set you up early for turning in to the right hander, as its exit will try to fire you into the pit lane! Again, early gas on exit is critical here to get you entering the final banked corner in 3rd gear. The final corner should be taken inside on entry - outside mid corner (climb the ramp to the black and white signage mid corner) - drop to the inside on exit where the hatched green pattern is. Again early gas is critical here, roll on full gas and hold your breath until the finish line.

Gearing: I wanted to try to get 4 usable gears for this track, but couldn't find a decent range with the transmission settings (including flip/reverse flip). So three usable gears it is.

I find oval type tracks weird, they're so wide that you can take many lines. It helps to look as far ahead as possible through the corner for landmarks to get you positioned right. Don't look at the tarmac under your nose!

33.707 is my best so far.

Last edited:
A tune for the Alpine A110 at BB:

Power ratio 180% (249 BHP 28.4 kgfm). Weight Red 92% (657 kg)

TCS: 0
Tyres: SH (fixed by event)

Brake Bal: -2 (I happen to run with ABS off, just what I like, your mileage may vary!)

Ride Height: 110mm/110 mm
Nat Freq: 1.90/1.90
ARB: 10/3
DampC: 60/65
DampR: 95/90
Camber(-): 0.9/3.0
Toe: In 0.10 / In 0.60

LSD IT: 5
LSD Accel: 8
LSD Braking: 5

Gearing (sorry, forgot initial FD)
Max Speed 93 mph

1st: 2.150/ 85
2nd: 1.740/118
3rd: 1.470/ 140
4th: 1.248/ 164 UNUSED
5th: 1.042/ 212 UNUSED
FD: 2.130

Notes:

On stock settings, this car is extremely tail happy! Hopefully I have tamed her a bit.

You might consider dropping the rear RH to absolute minimum.

The LSD Accel is set for stability, higher accel values make the car very twitchy, you get wheelspin and power oversteer. I tried higher values with more toe in to compensate, but it didn't help me.

Dampers may not be optimal - feedback and criticism appreciated.

Camber I believe is pretty decent, more front camber made the car too twitchy on initial turn in.

Line: The first (90deg) corner is critical, brake from the absolute outside of the main straight and clip the apex raised inside a little, it surprisingly doesn't upset the balance of the car too much . Early gas on exit saves you a lot of time. The next corner, start from the outside of the track and dial her in towards the inside, you want to exit in the leftmost lane to set you up early for turning in to the right hander, as its exit will try to fire you into the pit lane! Again, early gas on exit is critical here to get you entering the final banked corner in 3rd gear. The final corner should be taken inside on entry - outside mid corner (climb the ramp to the black and white signage mid corner) - drop to the inside on exit where the hatched green pattern is. Again early gas is critical here, roll on full gas and hold your breath until the finish line.

Gearing: I wanted to try to get 4 usable gears for this track, but couldn't find a decent range with the transmission settings (including flip/reverse flip). So three usable gears it is.

I find oval type tracks weird, they're so wide that you can take many lines. It helps to look as far ahead as possible through the corner for landmarks to get you positioned right. Don't look at the tarmac under your nose!

33.707 is my best so far.
My tune is surprisingly similar in most areas except spring rate and camber, I did everything I could tomorrow reduce front grip and induce rear grip. I will try you settings and see if I can improve. I'm at 33:854
Managed to get to 33:669 but I seem to be stuck there.

Last edited:
I'd like to just mention one thing about the Alpine - I tried setting the rear to max height and the front to min height. Essentially, max rake. Unexpectedly, it made the rear end much more grippy.

Max rear toe-in, soft rear suspension and stabilizers...I think I also made the dampers stiffer to smoothen out the body roll a bit.

I'd like to just mention one thing about the Alpine - I tried setting the rear to max height and the front to min height. Essentially, max rake. Unexpectedly, it made the rear end much more grippy.

Max rear toe-in, soft rear suspension and stabilizers...I think I also made the dampers stiffer to smoothen out the body roll a bit.
When I lowered the front and raised the rear it made mine undrivable. I run the front high, rear low. I run the rear springs soft, fronts stiff, stabilizer 9 front, 1 rear, .5 rear camber, .1 front and my diff settings are all on minimum.

Last edited:
@NekoPufferPPP I just tried max rake on my tune I posted above. Like you say, I didn't get the expected oversteer, the car was nicely driveable. I couldn't quite match my previous time but I think that's just my human error between sessions. It handled equal to or better than my flat setup.

Rake is a weird setting in GT. In GT5 or GT6, reverse rake was very fast (glitched) as it gave oversteer on entry, improving turn in, then understeer on exit allowing full power to be applied.

I'd have expected a higher rear in this MR car to have raised the centre of mass, causing more load transfer overall, meaning worse cornering, oversteer biased, but better straight line acceleration since the longitudinal load transfer would help put weight over the rear wheels.

If different drivers are having different experiences with rake, it must be somewhat due to differences in other settings in the tunes. Very interesting.

I wonder, as BB raceway is a high speed track, is it an aerodynamic effect? I don't know if GT sport models body aerodynamics on a car with no wings.

I wonder, as BB raceway is a high speed track, is it an aerodynamic effect? I don't know if GT sport models body aerodynamics on a car with no wings.
It does, and it might be due to that, but I doubt such aerodynamics would make such a drastic difference, especially in a rear-heavy car.

When I was doing the Porsche endurance races in career, I was messing around with the ride height, and these same settings had an expected effect - lots of oversteer.

This Alpine is a different story for some reason... It could have something to do with how lightweight it is overall, thus, rake aerodynamics could have a greater effect on it than I would expect.

Back