Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
A4A8EEFF-3ED4-4E03-8B7A-F824215A1213.jpeg

8CE83495-1D65-4050-8754-314E881E197B.jpeg

FA2B6A86-2880-49E9-9C9F-284415C1A140.jpeg

My friends this is my Setup for the Alpine .. I made a mistake when entering the last cant damage my time pointing to a 6XXX Greetings I hope it helps you

Attachments

• D1D8EA3E-CCB7-44E4-AEA6-6142081F1419.jpeg
    D1D8EA3E-CCB7-44E4-AEA6-6142081F1419.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 39366DE5-C8DE-420E-A566-DA1D6FC3DF38.jpeg
    39366DE5-C8DE-420E-A566-DA1D6FC3DF38.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I was able to do a 33.254 just now. One thing I noticed is, apart from the obvious “get the first turn super right”, this car loses a lot of momentum every time it swings back or drift for too long. It’s not super obvious to notice, but pay attention to the RPM when you’re turning, specially when in 5th gear. So the the thing is: try to be precise. If you turn in too much, you’re losing a lot of time. If your having to correct too much, your losing a lot of time. Super smooth is the key!

Last edited:
I was able to do a 33.254 just now. One thing I noticed is, apart from the obvious “get the first turn super right”, this car loses a lot of momentum every time it swings back or drift for too long. It’s not super obvious to notice, but pay attention to the RPM when you’re turning, specially when in 5th gear. So the the thing is: try to be precise. If you turn in too much, you’re losing a lot of time. If your having to correct too much, your losing a lot of time. Super smooth is the key!
That's right my friend the car is too delicate to drive a wrong movement on the steering wheel and you lost all your work

@NekoPufferPPP I just tried max rake on my tune I posted above. Like you say, I didn't get the expected oversteer, the car was nicely driveable. I couldn't quite match my previous time but I think that's just my human error between sessions. It handled equal to or better than my flat setup.

Rake is a weird setting in GT. In GT5 or GT6, reverse rake was very fast (glitched) as it gave oversteer on entry, improving turn in, then understeer on exit allowing full power to be applied.

I'd have expected a higher rear in this MR car to have raised the centre of mass, causing more load transfer overall, meaning worse cornering, oversteer biased, but better straight line acceleration since the longitudinal load transfer would help put weight over the rear wheels.

If different drivers are having different experiences with rake, it must be somewhat due to differences in other settings in the tunes. Very interesting.

I wonder, as BB raceway is a high speed track, is it an aerodynamic effect? I don't know if GT sport models body aerodynamics on a car with no wings.
In my experience, reverse rake gives less understeer, but normal rake can give either under or oversteer depending on the car and other settings. The only way to really figure it out is just trial and error. Like many other aspects of the physics, when you use extreme values things tend to get a bit wonky. We know for a long time weight transfer tends to get overexaggerated in GT (e.g. MR/RR cars harder to drive than in proper sims and real life), and the suspension is overdamped to compensate this and make the game easier for casuals. Unfortunately, 2 wrongs doesn't make a right but these issues have persisted for years and PD doesn't seem to notice/care.

I wouldn't put it down to aero. The Alpine shows 0/0 in settings and it doesn't have any underbody downforce either.

@COLOMBIAMIGUE7 Nice tune again mate, got me down to 33.279.

I'm now going over my tune and others, its quite nice doing 10 laps of each to compare.

@LeGeNd-1 I think you are correct on the aero. A few nights ago (admittedly after a few beers) I ran the Alpine on SSRX and tried ride heights at min/min, max/max, min/max, max/min. No discernable difference in top speed, so no change in drag and therefore I assume no change in downforce. I swear I remember GT5 or 6 had differences.

@LeGeNd-1 I think you are correct on the aero. A few nights ago (admittedly after a few beers) I ran the Alpine on SSRX and tried ride heights at min/min, max/max, min/max, max/min. No discernable difference in top speed, so no change in drag and therefore I assume no change in downforce. I swear I remember GT5 or 6 had differences.
I think if the car doesn't show downforce numbers in settings screen, it's safe to assume it has no downforce/drag no matter the body rake. If the car has downforce numbers, then rake does affect drag. I did some tests with the F1500T-A when a FIA race allowed tuning last year. You get max speed with ride height min/min, followed by min/max, max/min and max/max slowest.

Back in old GT1-5, there is a wheelie trick where having negative rake can increase top speed disproportionately. This seems to have been patched in GT6/GTS however.

I think if the car doesn't show downforce numbers in settings screen, it's safe to assume it has no downforce/drag no matter the body rake. If the car has downforce numbers, then rake does affect drag. I did some tests with the F1500T-A when a FIA race allowed tuning last year. You get max speed with ride height min/min, followed by min/max, max/min and max/max slowest.

Back in old GT1-5, there is a wheelie trick where having negative rake can increase top speed disproportionately. This seems to have been patched in GT6/GTS however.

The good old days when you could drive out of the scenery, much fun was had then. The graphics have improved as well.😆😆😆:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I did a 1:36.585, but I feel so unstable all around. I don’t know how people are flattening out the whole chicane section, and just after that section, my braking is a die roll. Sometimes, it just locks all the wheels, and I go slowly into the wall.

Update: I was able to go flat on the chicanes, but it seemed a bit random if I’d get out “alive”.

Update: I just managed a 1:36.284! That was a scary lap!

Update: how are you all doing? Any times and tips?

Last edited:
New faster lap for me. Chevy is faster in my case.
Possible to low still 0.500 .
VERY IMPORTANT SHIFT BETWEEN 6000 TO 6200 RPM.
Ride height inches 2.16. 4.13
Brake balance -2
Have a good drive.
View attachment 1065123View attachment 1065122
I liked it! Instantaneously more consistent. Fastest lap was a 1:36.4 against my 1:36.28 with the Aston Martin, but consistent around 1:36.6.

Update: I just did a 1:36.275, which is 0.009 faster than my Aston Martin time, but I feel a lot more in control now! Thanks @praiano63 !!! I’ll post the video here in a bit. Maybe it helps someone.

Update:

Update: 1:36.168

Update: 1:36.045

Last edited:
@praiano63 , gotta tell you, that’s a solid setup for the Vette! I’ll try to explain so others can understand how to use it.

I’m using BB 2 to the back, and Praiano’s setup for the Corvette.

Always up shift aroun 6k RPM, maybe a bit later. Right about the middle of the bar.
But the genius is on how the car handles. The thing is using trail braking when turning into a corner, and, here’s the secret, use the gas pedal to finish rotating, right after the apex, specially on that turn right after the chicanes, where you have that late double apex thing to the left that goes uphill. That’s how you make some important time. Use your gas to rotate you into the uphill section with momentum enough to push you up. Check my last update in my last post, so you can see the video. Good luck everyone.

I wonder if the fast drivers are changing during the run. I can get around turns 1 and 2 faster with the BB forward, and faster around the hairpin at the bottom of the long straight with it set towards the back.

I wonder if the fast drivers are changing during the run. I can get around turns 1 and 2 faster with the BB forward, and faster around the hairpin at the bottom of the long straight with it set towards the back.
Dont know if I count as a fast driver, but tested few laps with Trueno.
BB 3 suited my driving style, but BB did not make a big difference IMO. Just brake early and trailbrake in to the corners. And dont let the wheelspin slow you down.
P40 atm. But can go to 1:51.xxx for sure if put more time to this.

BB 3 suited my driving style, but BB did not make a big difference IMO. Just brake early and trailbrake in to the corners. And dont let the wheelspin slow you down.
Thanks. I certainly consider you one of the fast drivers!

I am on BB2, P47 atm, but I'll wait for another TT, tired of this one 🙄😁

Hello guys, how are you doing, I hope everything goes very well A TIP for those who run With a steering wheel the test with the toyota 86, do it with a gear lever in H .. I do not have unemployment those who have it, try the leaders all with a lever in H.

Hello guys, how are you doing, I hope everything goes very well A TIP for those who run With a steering wheel the test with the toyota 86, do it with a gear lever in H .. I do not have unemployment those who have it, try the leaders all with a lever in H.
? What do you mean? Manual shifter in some position? Or what? 😄
I dont have shifter, but asking out of curiosity. 👍

Back