Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
This Toyota have very strange brakes, I have lots of problems at first corner and down in hole when I need to brake and start turning into corner. Its very easy to trigger abs and car have tendency to go straight

Hello Guys I can't understand some things in the tests with the cars already with their Default configuration ... Case of the first place ghost in the first sector the boy accelerates and in a single change from 2 to 3 he already takes more than a second in less than 100 meters ... He talked about the toyota 86 ... and most of these events did not achieve a clear driving with the cars already configured ...

Well I'm still in the top 1,000 (just!) at BB. Quite proud of that as there are nearly 13,000 entered!
I don't get the wall-riding bit - the second I hit a wall I get a 1.5 second penalty! And surely, even if you touch lightly and don't get a penalty, doesn't the friction just slow you down?
Not doing anything like as well on a real track like Fuji 😂

A 20million credit car (Ford) for the non tuning event and a ludicrously fast GTR for the tuned event.

I did 30mins in the GTR and thats it for me, much the same as the last few combos.

Sort it out PD :crazy:

Gotta love this week's TT's! Can't wait for someone to post an under 2 min setup for tokyo expressway, as my tune understeers badly. Currently at 2:04.xx . Man I love this car:)

Sub 2min tune. First draft, so will need some tweaks.

Attachments

• 72815D4E-C734-475E-B409-FFFA642115F2.jpeg
    72815D4E-C734-475E-B409-FFFA642115F2.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 9B43A87A-2691-40A6-AFFC-B04BB73E420B.jpeg
    9B43A87A-2691-40A6-AFFC-B04BB73E420B.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 36
I like it!!! A tune that doesn't have front and rear ARB's set at 10/10, why do so many do that?? Just like the rear diff set at 60/60/60, can they not feel how the rear diff settings change the handling?? That would be as close to a locked diff as you can get.

Hi! I'm confused about the gear ratios part.

For some reason when I put max speed at 200km/h like on your pic I can't change gears to the same values as yours.
Also if it's possible can you provide a pic of the other settings above it (quick tune/traction control/brakes)? Maybe it's part of my problem.

Sorry for stupid questions, I just bought the game few days ago and don't understand how people from leaderboard go 30 seconds faster than me in the same car :D

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210827161100.jpg
    Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210827161100.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210827161142.jpg
    Gran Turismo™SPORT_20210827161142.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 26
Hi! I'm confused about the gear ratios part.

For some reason when I put max speed at 200km/h like on your pic I can't change gears to the same values as yours.
Also if it's possible can you provide a pic of the other settings above it (quick tune/traction control/brakes)? Maybe it's part of my problem.

Sorry for stupid questions, I just bought the game few days ago and don't understand how people from leaderboard go 30 seconds faster than me in the same car :D
You need to set the final gear to 5.000 first. Then the soeed set up to 200kmh.
after these ones, set the final gear agoin to what its on the tune 👍

also remember to tune the power and weight also.

Last edited:
You need to set the final gear to 5.000 first. Then the soeed set up to 200kmh.
after these ones, set the final gear agoin to what its on the tune 👍

also remember to tune the power and weight also.
Thanks man, it worked. Significantly improved my PB with these settings, but I don't think sub 2 minutes is realistic for my skill level yet.
After 2 hours my hands can't take it anymore, but I'll definitely try again later. This game is so good.

Do you mind telling me what TCS have you used on this map? I experimented with it a bit and going from 3 to 1 improved my PB for only 1 second but the car got really unstable and hard to control. And with TCS 0 I was hitting every wall on the track.

Last edited:
Thanks man, it worked. Significantly improved my PB with these settings, but I don't think sub 2 minutes is realistic for my skill level yet.
After 2 hours my hands can't take it anymore, but I'll definitely try again later. This game is so good.

Do you mind telling me what TCS have you used on this map? I experimented with it a bit and going from 3 to 1 improved my PB for only 1 second but the car got really unstable and hard to control. And with TCS 0 I was hitting every wall on the track.
0 TCS for me, but use the setting that makes you fastest. Theres a lot of discussions about TCS on this forum. Search and youll find all the info on the driving aids. 👍👍

0 TCS for me, but use the setting that makes you fastest. Theres a lot of discussions about TCS on this forum. Search and youll find all the info on the driving aids. 👍👍
Some cars, for some drivers, can be quite stable with TC 1. For this car i'm using TC1 with good results (sub 2'01")

Thank you very much for this man. Still Trying. currently just below 2:02.

Edit: Now at 2:00.0xx . I'm realizing that the sub 2min mark is a tough challenge to beat.
Gotta love this one though! Has a nice GT1 feeling to it. In addition, no chance for cheaters :) . Smileys quickly going away as this TT's very frustrating. Major thanks to sdi for your tune, it is a wonder👌. I most probably will retry during the upcoming week, if I ever get the chance to.

To all, CHR33S and stay safe:cheers:

Last edited:
I think that requiring a garage car for the Spa TT is a poor decision as it probably locks a sizable chunk of the playersbase out of competing. Oh well. I for my part put in about an hour and clocked in at 2:16.583. The Ford is a smooth drive on the Racing Softs and surprisingly forgiving. Funnily enough I am tied with another guy for the exact same time...

E-CRgtfWEAQysul

I haven't tried the tuning event yet but I really love the East Loop track. How strict are the wall contact rules?

Last edited:
Back