Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
I think that requiring a garage car for the Spa TT is a poor decision as it probably locks a sizable chunk of the playersbase out of competing. Oh well. I for my part put in about an hour and clocked in at 2:16.583. The Ford is a smooth drive on the Racing Softs and surprisingly forgiving. Funnily enough I am tied with another guy for the exact same time...

E-CRgtfWEAQysul

I haven't tried the tuning event yet but I really love the East Loop track. How strict are the wall contact rules?
Very strict, one touch penalty as it should be.

I think that requiring a garage car for the Spa TT is a poor decision as it probably locks a sizable chunk of the playersbase out of competing. Oh well. I for my part put in about an hour and clocked in at 2:16.583. The Ford is a smooth drive on the Racing Softs and surprisingly forgiving. Funnily enough I am tied with another guy for the exact same time...

E-CRgtfWEAQysul

I haven't tried the tuning event yet but I really love the East Loop track. How strict are the wall contact rules?
It's a one touch penalty as it should be, stopping the wall riding.

I tried the set-up given by SDI-03 (thanks!) but don't get the 200Kmh max speed bit....... it's made me much slower because of the long straight.... have I missed something somewhere??? :dunce: Handles much better though!

You only have to look at a wall and get an invalid lap!

Last edited:
I tried the set-up given by SDI-03 (thanks!) but don't get the 200Kmh max speed bit....... it's made me much slower because of the long straight.... have I missed something somewhere??? :dunce: Handles much better though!

You only have to look at a wall and get an invalid lap!
Set the final drive to 5.000, then set 200kmh. Then set the final to what its in the tune, dont remember.
Check the individual gears, 5th is close to 430kmh when all things are set up correctly :cheers:

Set the final drive to 5.000, then set 200kmh. Then set the final to what its in the tune, dont remember.
Check the individual gears, 5th is close to 430kmh when all things are set up correctly :cheers:
Thanks, I'll have to fiddle some more. Tried that and the top speed I actually got was 310 Kmh (on the track).
Still languishing at the bottom end of top 4,000 but as there are only 6,849 players that's not really very good! :indiff:

Whoa. Finally made it under the two minute mark... Major thanks to SDI_03 ! Never worked on a TT that much I think. This one is all about confidence and patience I guess. The replay is so satisfying! I mentioned it before, but it really felt like GT1 to me. Probably the reason why I didn't give up. Couldn't be happier as a 3 day weekend is coming my way:).

Cheers to all and stay safe:cheers:

Whoa. Finally made it under the two minute mark... Major thanks to SDI_03 ! Never worked on a TT that much I think. This one is all about confidence and patience I guess. The replay is so satisfying! I mentioned it before, but it really felt like GT1 to me. Probably the reason why I didn't give up. Couldn't be happier as a 3 day weekend is coming my way:).

Cheers to all and stay safe:cheers:
Congrat AstroVex; you r right: patience is the key...

Ok, embarrassing but still couldn't get good top speed - checked other settings and saw power was only increased to level 2..... for some daft reason I thought this was already set to max (5). Upgraded and whacked the power up...... and moved up over 1,000 places! :cheers:

Still near the back end of top 3,000 and goodness knows how people are getting less than 2 minutes..... super well done to those that can! 🏁

I was actually wondering how is it possible I'm in top 100 in Ford Mark IV trial, and then I remembered that not a lot of people have it, and you can't use it if you don't have it. 2:16:090 after 10 laps, I think it's an ok time for a gamepad .
As a pad player too, I will give you an update on this later😉 currently just below 500th but I know I can do more.

EDIT: Didn't mess with the settings too much but couldn't get a better time than 2:18.7xx. This is the one time out of ten which I'm able to get through eau rouge correctly... Congrats man! You're fast. :) May I ask you what BB were you using?

Last edited:
As a pad player too, I will give you an update on this later😉 currently just below 500th but I know I can do more.

EDIT: Didn't mess with the settings too much but couldn't get a better time than 2:18.7xx. This is the one time out of ten which I'm able to get through eau rouge correctly... Congrats man! You're fast. :) May I ask you what BB were you using?
I improved it in the meantime, 2:15.488 :) Default BB, I rarely mess with car settings.

There were some mistakes, I could probably take off a few more tenths, but I'm satisfied with this.

Spent a couple of hours for the Time Trials this week-end. Here are my results:

GT3 @ Nurb 24h- Love this track, love the Supra too . I managed to get a 8:19.8xx. Pretty satisfied with this, though I would really like to beat this time in a Porsche RSR if possible. (Chasing those Kevin Estre vibes you know:lol:). I could still shave off a couple of seconds with the Toyota, but I consider my job done for now.

For those struggling with night time, try raising the level of exposure in game via your Menu> Options> Video output. You'll notice a great difference right away. Another tip would be to practice with the same settings in daylight first, just to give your muscle memory a boost. Surprisingly effective.

Rally Gr.B @ Sardegna- Well, now this one's equally fun as it is frustrating. Could not get under the 1:20's with the Subie, so I'll try some of the other cars later during the upcoming week. Currently at 1:20.4xx but I have some more work to do for sure.

Wish you guys a good week, cheers and stay safe:)

Love the ring, but 24h track and night is a bitch. So hard to do it clean. Managed a conservative 9:03 with the RSR with some grass on the tires, but I think I could eventually do an 8:30 within the next two weeks once I start pushing.

Tried the F-Type as well as the Italia and those were a no-go for me. You really need a planted car or else you spin out like nothing.

Not sure it would help much, but would be keen to see what tunes people are using on their cars at Sardegna.

Took a little off, now on 1:20.482 for #326, in the Focus.

Last edited:
My tunes for Ford and Hyundai
Hyundai seems to be more easy to drive, but is few tenths slower than Ford.
Happy hunting! :cheers:

Attachments

• 1CF4E7D5-6E10-47A1-884F-DA9AA9AAC3D4.jpeg
    1CF4E7D5-6E10-47A1-884F-DA9AA9AAC3D4.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 34
  • DAC57F42-9E6E-49EC-A54C-3EDDEEAD6C42.jpeg
    DAC57F42-9E6E-49EC-A54C-3EDDEEAD6C42.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 382CC627-4C8A-4D99-9B6D-0ECAFE0C0E02.jpeg
    382CC627-4C8A-4D99-9B6D-0ECAFE0C0E02.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 8FA3C7D5-EADA-4CD7-8B99-C9D112BC6134.jpeg
    8FA3C7D5-EADA-4CD7-8B99-C9D112BC6134.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
My tunes for Ford and Hyundai
Hyundai seems to be more easy to drive, but is few tenths slower than Ford.
Happy hunting! :cheers:
Thanks mate, I'll give it a try in the Ford.

Took a few tenths off, now on 1:20.072 for #268.

Have another crack at it tomorrow. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Yes doing the time trial runs on any track is a great way of beating the gold times in Circuit Experience. That's what I had to do.

As a player who just cannot get the hang of rally in this game, I am very pleased to have got back into top 2,000 (6,755 players at the moment) with a time of 1:24:xxx - which is only about 7 seconds off the leaders.... 🤣🤣🤣 On such a short course that's an eternity! How on earth do they do it????
The ring, I managed the first few corners before crashing because couldn't see anything - given up completely on that one!

Back