Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
As a player who just cannot get the hang of rally in this game, I am very pleased to have got back into top 2,000 (6,755 players at the moment) with a time of 1:24:xxx - which is only about 7 seconds off the leaders.... 🤣🤣🤣 On such a short course that's an eternity! How on earth do they do it????
The ring, I managed the first few corners before crashing because couldn't see anything - given up completely on that one!
See AstroVex post on Monday re changing exposure.

Meanwhile have snuck below 1:20 in the Focus using sdi's tune, now on 1:19.805 for #261.

I raised the LSD initial torque to 21 and 22 respectively and tried the old switcheroo with ride height.

Can't really say if these changes helped me or I'm just driving a bit better today, no matter.

Well, maybe it is helping, now on a more respectable 1:19.275 for #167.

Oh, and chasing sdi's ghost. :)

Took off a bit more, 1:19.029 for #140th. That's enough for today.

Last edited:
I'm using the Mustang around the ring. Looking at the top times, it does not seem to be a very popular choice! But for me it just seems to feel a lot more stable than many other cars. I am around the 8:19 mark. I discovered an improved line around one of the fast chicane sections half way around the lap last night when doing some lobby racing in a Gr4 car, which might knock a few tenths off if it works with the Gr3 cars too. I reckon i can go 2 seconds faster if I absolutely nail a clear lap, but there are just so many places where is easy to go wrong and completely ruin your lap.

Hey GTplanet gang, It's been a long time. :-)

@COLOMBIAMIGUE7 hey my friend, Thank you. Your time is good too and also @sdi_03 time.

My Setting in case it could help with excellent gearbox of @sdi_03 , thanks for the share 👍
1631970303872.png

I am also interested in the gearbox .......
for my part, impossible to reach 1746 in 6th ......
I cannot exceed 1300 and some ....
I made an equivalent setting in km / h but not with these figures from 4731 to 1746 ....
a mystery to me ...... :lol:
well, that's fine with me anyway, since I'm at 1 '19.112 ..... for the moment .....:lol:

this gearbox will remain a mystery ...... :confused:
but by dint of tweaking the settings, I managed to get into the 100 .....
with the setup of XTRAX .... modified to make it wiser ..... just the bars at 5-1 and -40 / + 15 .... :)
down to 1'18.9, I had an optimized time of 1 '18.4 .....
well for once I managed to do it in 1 '18.422 ....
a birthday present that I got myself in advance for my 72 years ...:cool::lol:... CTO-only..94th but already 97 tonight ..... :grumpy::lol:
on earth, i'm not doing too badly, but i would like to go so fast on the asphalt ...

Pretty satisfied with this, though I would really like to beat this time in a Porsche RSR if possible. (Chasing those Kevin Estre vibes you know:lol:)
this one's equally fun as it is frustrating. Could not get under the 1:20's with the Subie, so I'll try some of the other cars later during the upcoming week. Currently at 1:20.4xx but I have some more work to do for sure.
Well well well, a week later things changed a bit...
Managed to beat my Supra time with the RSR. Not by much, but I did. Currently at 8:19.2. - I am satisfied with this result.
PS: Holy wrap, these top leaderboard guys are insane! Almost beating the 8 min mark with BOP on... wow😶

As for the rallying TT, I only spent about half an hour with the Focus before improving at 1:19.1. Major thanks to @xtrax and @sdi_03 for that sensational tune you mad scientists created. Such a pleasure to handle.
Untitled.png
Thought I touched the wall, but the marshall took the right call

Fun fact, almost 7 minutes exactly between these two tt results...
On this note, I'm gonna call it done. Week ends quickly and I need to concentrate on the last 2 events of the FIA season for now.
Have a good week, cheers to all and stay safe!🌞

Last edited:
Used @sdi_03 tune for my Ford. After some tries was able to better my time from 1:20:1 to 1:19:1. A few more laps I did & went to 1:18:9. One of my invalidated laps was 1:18:4.

I've changed everything except for gearbox. I'll make changes t this now & see how much more can I improve.

I always use TC at 1. This time tried at 0. It seems faster no doubt.

Can someone guide me as to how to change the gears? I mean I'm confused as to how the sequence should be.
Top speed - final gear - gears - final gear etc.?
You can do it that way like you said, or you can use the transmission flip which is this below.
1. Final gear max
2, Top speed minimum
3. Adjust the gears so they are equal spacing
4. Adjust final gear to suit the track

Latest Posts

Back