Time Trial Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 20, 2020.

1. sdi_03

sdi_03

Brands time with audi TT 1:28.9.
    Optimum was .5xx
    Yes, ff cars are bit too powerfull.
    Huracan was also nice to drive, but slow :lol:

koshmare likes this.
  2. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5 Premium

Am I the only one who is not fastest with an FF car? To me the TT is only a bit better on the straights and maintaining stability on grass, but FR cars are a bit better everywhere else. I don't think I can gain more than a few hundredths of a second in the TT
    20200809_224951.jpg
    yet could still gain nearly two tenths in the Viper, mostly in the second to last sector.
    20200809_225033.jpg
    The Viper can carry a noticeable amount more mid corner speed than the TT and that makes the biggest difference.

fordlaser likes this.
  3. koshmare

koshmare

My final time

upload_2020-8-13_1-45-49.png

JEverettL and fordlaser like this.
  4. JoeDaSnow

JoeDaSnow

My personal best in both the Gr. 4 and McLaren P1 GTR Super Laps.

5. koshmare

koshmare

World records

Timm Sheehan and sirjim73 like this.
  6. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

dlshearon likes this.
  7. samsaoule

samsaoule

and so ??????? :confused: ........ what would be interesting is to tell us about your setup now that it's finished .......... even, during the current game .............. as does "sdi_03 " .......
    for us who are 5 "away from those times, we could try to progress by testing them .......... or modify them to do something if they are too extreme for us.
    because there, it is navel-gazing ........... it is: "wouahou .... look how fast I am going .....":lol: ... we have known it since time that you put us your videos, but us, that does not help us .....:confused:

8. sirjim73

sirjim73

Hi. These arent @koshmare times. He just views the replays of the fastest drivers, whoever they may be, and uploads them to YouTube so that everyone can see them.

Most of these trials tend to be won by aliens who dont tend to share settings, but at least you can look at the lap and spot where they might be e.g. taking a different line on a bend (curve if you're from US).

koshmare likes this.
  9. sdi_03

sdi_03

Tune for the sfrrtoyota :cheers:

63E0D5D8-266C-4930-9090-3D1558387E50.jpeg ADC277FB-11A6-4F1A-8346-F56196C107A2.jpeg

Camillo, samsaoule, LeGeNd-1 and 4 others like this.
  10. Mr P

Mr P

They wouldn't look so Alien if they shared the super secret settings hence why they don't want to share them :p

Just push for your best against your friends list and enjoy that battle :tup:

phineas777, 8l23ub and sirjim73 like this.
  11. Timm Sheehan

Timm Sheehan

Ok I need a little clarification here. For these Time Trial events we are allowed to tune down a car to get it in the N300 class, then have the system apply BoP to it before we race it?

I am going through all of my N300's to see which one is my best and then looked at the Meta Board (yeah I know I should look here first but I never do) only to find the most used Meta is an N400 that has been tuned down into the N300 range. Does that seem right?

12. 05XR8

05XR8

Yep. Like the article reads. It'll probably be those METAs mentioned.

dlshearon likes this.
  13. Mr P

Mr P

Great tune @sdi_03 :tup: I gave it a good run and I am nowhere near the front runners yet!... but this set up is good enough to close the gap! Thanks for sharing and saving us ages tweaking the car mate :cheers:

Here's my best lap so far but I know I can get another half a sec or so with your set up and everything cleaned up :)

COLOMBIAMIGUE7, sdi_03 and sirjim73 like this.
  14. mirial

mirial

I appreciate set-ups are immensely difficult, but to get started, try pausing the replays at head-on shots so that you have a good idea of their ride height and camber relative to your own and use that as a reference. Chassis roll will indicate approximately how soft the springs/roll bars are together with the dampers. If you're part of a small club, each of you could try out different avenues and then collaborate to advance.

The stock settings are so appallingly bad, particularly with the race cars and so aren't helpful to anybody so just end up compounding all sorts of other problems as well.

cosme likes this.
  15. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

While setups help, if anyone thinks they are going to be magically at the top of the leaderboard just by copying the top guy's settings they are sorely mistaken. The difference between good and default setup if probably 1 second on a normal track. But the difference between good and bad technique can be 2-3 seconds. For the S-FR I just used prairano's setup, adjusted the gearing and I was 1.8 seconds behind the top leader when I posted my time (which is roughly my usual gap at Sardegna from previous FIA races). Unless it's a very quirky combo (like the Kart at Tokyo Central or i3 Northern Isle 2 weeks ago), you can gain more time by studying the top guy's replay than fussing about setups. But of course, asking for setup is much easier than trying to get better ;)

I'm far from being a tuning expert, but here are some quick "fixes" I always do to make the default setup a bit better:
    - Lower ride height & stiffen spring/damper/ARB
    - Less grippy tyres generally need softer values
    - Drive a few laps, and adjust by 1-2 clicks (soften the end you feel is sliding first e.g. understeer -> soften front)
    - Quick camber tune, I take the weight of the car in tonnes and double it (e.g. if car weighs 1000kg = 1 ton = 1x2 = use 2.0 camber -> if you need more grip on one end, increase by 1-2 clicks)
    - Toe I start with -0.10 front and +0.20 rear (negative number = more oversteer, positive = more understeer)
    - Downforce if available always go maximum unless it's Oval track
    - LSD Decel & Initial low if car understeer, high if oversteer during turn in/apex
    - LSD Accel low if car oversteer, high if understeer during corner exit
    - Gearing use transmission flip* and adjust ratios so they keep the car around peak power as much as possible and top out just at peak power rpm
    *Move Final max right -> move top speed min left -> move 1st gear min left -> move last gear max right -> spread out middle gears evenly -> adjust Final for top speed needed
    - Brake balance is personal preference and sometimes I even move it corner by corner, just experiment

All done, close to 95% of a "perfect tune" in just around 30 mins usually ;) And the plus side is, you also learn the car & track very well in that time. Often my driving becomes so adjusted to my tune, I set faster times in it than the tunes posted on this thread despite my tune being technically "worse" :lol:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  16. samsaoule

samsaoule

it's a French-English Google translation ...
    but that's what I'm doing: adapting to my driving tunes from Praiano (to whom I wish a good recovery) and others who have put their garage on GTPlanet ...... (Jump-ace, fordlaser. ... etc ..... thank you to them) ..:bowdown:..... but there you go, always staying with the same setup, you end up always doing the same thing and the lap times don't go down anymore ..... ..
    this is why, when I can, I try others which force me to drive differently, to change course because of another balance of the car and sometimes, that turns out to be beneficial.
    and it is out of curiosity that I would like to know the setup of these "aliens" ...:bowdown:.. I might not be able to ride with them or much more slowly, but just try ..
    and as said "Mr P" I content myself at 71 years of beating from time to time my "little" brother of 69 years ...:lol::lol:... and that is enough for our happiness ...... (in what concerns this game of course ...) :):)
    214th anyway with the McLaren P1 .... that suits me ....... (on I do not know how many participants) :confused:
    and I hope not to have angry "koshmare", I did not know that he was content to put here the videos of the best laps .....
    good game and good lap times. :cheers: :gtpflag:

fordlaser, waukazoo, LeGeNd-1 and 3 others like this.
  17. SSAuto

SSAuto

My tune setup for the S-FR Racing Concept, hopefully it helps some people out :)
    Should I do one for the GT40 too?

LeGeNd-1, Mr P, cosme and 1 other person like this.
  18. sdi_03

sdi_03

Hello viewerds, super ET here. :lol:
    Was little busy so it took some time to hone the GT40 tune. Butt, here is my lap and tune. :cheers:
    Opt was few tenths faster, so top 15 times could be possible.

Transmission, set diff to 3.5 and then top speed 200 kmh. Then individual gears and diff
    I think thats the way I set it up.

waukazoo, LeGeNd-1, koshmare and 3 others like this.
  19. Mr P

Mr P

Another sweet tune @sdi_03 :tup: I tried a few laps earlier and it feels smooth... Thanks for sharing! :cheers:

waukazoo and sdi_03 like this.
  20. SSAuto

SSAuto

Gave the Ford GT40 a setup too, hopefully you enjoy it :)

waukazoo, LeGeNd-1 and sdi_03 like this.
  21. koshmare

koshmare

No problem, happens to me all the time :lol:

22. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

This is Gran Turismo 6 all over again.
    RNFetchBlobTmp_2nbpdgyxhy1mtftu117uod.jpg

23. sdi_03

sdi_03

Ok heres updated tune and new best time for GT40. 1:33.313
    Optimum was 1:32.8 so theres still some room for improvement.

:cheers:

24. sdi_03

sdi_03

So no one else is driving these TTs anymore?
    Well, Ill just drop this here :lol:
    Small tweak on suspension and transmission. P13 atm

25. borty26

borty26

Hello sdi_03,
    I made 1.33.886 with the controller with your first settings.

I'm testing the new ones tonight and I'm telling you;)

Thank you anyway for those.

8l23ub, Stewyripper and sdi_03 like this.
  26. COLOMBIAMIGUE7

COLOMBIAMIGUE7

Hello, how are you? Great Time ... I can't configure my Gearbox with your Values

Stewyripper likes this.
  27. sdi_03

sdi_03

Thanks!
    Set final to 3.500 then set top speed 200.
    Then the final again to what its on my vid. Now set the individual gears.
    This should work, let me know if you can do it thisway. :cheers:

COLOMBIAMIGUE7 and Stewyripper like this.
  28. COLOMBIAMIGUE7

COLOMBIAMIGUE7

Thanks a lot later I will try with your configuration Thank you

lfm58, sdi_03 and Stewyripper like this.
  29. waukazoo

waukazoo

@sdi_03 I'm still driving them.
    I have been using the Mazda RX500 but I've reached my limit with it.
    Tried your GT40 tune today and ran .600 better than I did with the Mazda.
    Very nice tune, Thanks for sharing it with us! :cheers:

lfm58, sirjim73, sdi_03 and 1 other person like this.
  30. borty26

borty26

Good evening everyone !!!
    With a little (a lot) of practice, I did 1.33.301.
    Pos 27, with the joystick I find it not so bad.

Thanks again sdi for the settings.

8l23ub, lfm58, COLOMBIAMIGUE7 and 3 others like this.