Time Trial Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, May 7, 2020.

1. DrAug

DrAug

Hey , here's the setup i used to set my Time ...

It's the first Time i setup a car on gts so i went for usual camber setup etc , it felt good but it was slower than the rather neutral setup i came up with ...

I suggest you all try the setup with ABS Off, as it's quite easy to manage around yamagiwa ...

As for the Gears you need to set final Gear first all the way to the right then set max speed then each Gear ratio , and then set final Gear according to track as i think this setup while suit most tracks ...

By the way the leading Guy seems to have an even better setup that i'm not able to match (looking at his turning inputs)

received_2363815837244999.jpeg received_1175093392841407.jpeg

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  2. DoctorNuu

DoctorNuu (Banned)

:bowdown: It's a different car. But now I got no more excuse for being slow. :( :censored:

3. DrAug

DrAug

Well don't worry and keep pushing for laps , this track might be easy to memorise and/or to Drive on but it's hard to nail

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  4. xtrax

xtrax

Well done for your time :tup:

And thank you for your setup :cheers:

waukazoo, DrAug and Stewyripper like this.
  5. Pearl Jam

Pearl Jam

3DF47C20-41DD-4FFC-95CE-34310C99FE0F.png Great tune, many thanks..as someone who doesn’t normally get anywhere near the top few hundreds, it’s a flying machine. :cheers:

xtrax, Stewyripper, lfm58 and 2 others like this.
  6. lfm58

lfm58

1:13.094
    Thank you very much to @DrAug setup helped me to grab 0.5 to my previous record.
    Potential around 1:12.6 would suggest me to push more even if this TT, driven by DS4, is destroying my fingers...
    Time to go to bed.
    Ciao

waukazoo, xtrax, sirjim73 and 3 others like this.
  7. NJ72

NJ72

Is it just me that thinks these time trial competitions etc. are all a bit moot as it's always the same few that win them?

Not that I'm ever going to be fast enough to compete, but maybe if once you'd won one you were excluded from future ones? Or perhaps there was a separate leaderboard for past winners?

dimassa19 likes this.
  8. dimassa19

dimassa19

It's good to run with the Aliens. If you try to approach them, your level goes up. I stayed a second and a half to enter the TOP 10! gt.png

JEverettL, xtrax, sirjim73 and 3 others like this.
  9. Pigems

Pigems Premium

These things are basically just a measuring stick for anyone not setting top times, just to see how close we can come to the Aliens. :)

10. mirial

mirial

PD have tried to level the playing field as much as possible everywhere but to no avail, so surely this is a sign that they should just divide the game into Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced/Elite? You'll get plenty of very good beginner, intermediate, advanced and elite drivers in each group to encourage you rather than discourage you.

NJ72 likes this.
  11. DoctorNuu

DoctorNuu (Banned)

Welcome to the harsh reality.
    I hope you are not saying that in races the best drivers will often not win because they are punted off ;-)

One could - maybe - have different leaderboards for D,C,B,A,A+ but that's quite arbitrary.

I've liked these TTs from the beginning (Licence tests in GT2). Back then I was sure that there must be cheating going on ;-)
    One just has to be humble and try to make top 500,100,50,... depending on personal level.

I also very much like the fact that these TTs are offered, so you have something to do if daily races are combos you don't like...

Stewyripper and Pigems like this.
  12. Pigems

Pigems Premium

If they subdivide the TT leaderboards into categories, you’ll just end up with DR tankers like we have in the daily races, people will cheat at any given opportunity unfortunately. It’s best to set personal goals, like getting within a certain % of the top time, or trying to beat your PB finishing position. Just make sure you don’t set your goals too high, or it can get discouraging very quickly.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    fastone371, ASH32, xtrax and 4 others like this.
  13. NJ72

NJ72

I'm not saying it because I'm sour, I'm never going to be up there, I just find it boring seeing the same times at the top of the leaderboard. Hardly newsworthy. Just like when Vettel won all the F1 races and Loeb won all the rallies, just lost the excitement for me.

I get it in a normal time trial, but when it leads to prizes or to live events etc. it makes me wonder why they don't just send invites out to the regulars every time.

14. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

I will give it a go this weekend but that is a very stacked leaderboard. I predict that the winning time for this challenge will be set in the final hour it is open (based on many of the daily races in Asia).

Thankyou sir... I did a 1:12.5 but I should be able to get this down to a 1:11.x, I am definitely missing a trick with driving the Super Formula car.

Edit: 1:12.1 for now.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    LeGeNd-1, xtrax, sirjim73 and 4 others like this.
  15. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Yeah, Mikhail did it with the X2014 TT at Dragon Trail. Hung around 2nd for a whole 2 weeks, then claimed P1 in the dying hours :crazy: From his replay it looks like he only drove 200 km to reach it as well (including the first session).

Being fast with practice is one thing, but having the confidence to be worldwide fastest with a time limit is another :bowdown:

sirjim73, xtrax and Stewyripper like this.
  16. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

My optimum is 1:11.6 but this will do for now (with Augh's setup - thanks!). Though it is still much more important to nail your driving than to nail the setup in my experience.

yamagiwa.png

L-Shooter_RB26 also does this nearly every week for daily races. His name won't be anywhere on the leaderboards with an hour to go before the Daily Races change over, but then you check the leaderboards after it has closed and nearly invariably his name is at the top.

xtrax, LeGeNd-1 and Stewyripper like this.
  17. xtrax

xtrax

New time set with Dr Aughablo's setup and small modifications, but really don't think that it's make a difference. (difference in bold)
    60 120
    6.20 6.50
    1 10
    51 53
    83 81

it's more psychological. when you can't do what you want and you don't understand why, we try to find a solution by modifying setup.
    Sometimes it helps :)

thanks a lot @DrAug for you setup, :cheers:
    thank to all guys that share your setups, experiences and tips. This help a lot to improve our skills.

Not sure if there is a degradation of car's performance after a certain number of KM in GT sport
    but in doubt, after several thousand of km, I wanted to restore the engine and the rigidity. But I didn't find the option in GT sport as we had in GT6.:confused:
    Do you know if this feature exists in GT Sport ?

So i buy a new car and immediately with DrAugh setup i improve my time.
    but I can't buy a car that costs a million every time. Already no more money

18. DoctorNuu

DoctorNuu (Banned)

SuperFormula TT: Any insight on why max ride height is best for Turn 1? (@DrAug)

The Mazda/Spa TT is really enjoyable.
    No ridiculous chicane-jumping here. Just going for a smooth, clean line everywhere.
    Avoided it for a while, because virtually no Spa experience plus new car, but it's a no frustration experience so far.

Hizal, of course hiding his lap. :dunce:
    He probably lifted after Eau Rouge to pay it back to Fraga :lol:

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    koshmare and Stewyripper like this.
  19. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

No. My XBOW that I have used for grinding BMB has over 9000 km on it and still has the same power and handling as Day 1. I compared with a freshly bought XBOW and it's exactly the same.

If you improve, it's probably just placebo effect, but hey if it makes you go faster then go for it :p

xtrax and Stewyripper like this.
  20. xtrax

xtrax

Thanks for the reply :tup:

So yes probably, and it's better as too expensive this car :lol:

Stewyripper likes this.
  21. Rangeraus

Rangeraus

Is it even possible to deliberately hide your lap anymore?

Stewyripper likes this.
  22. DoctorNuu

DoctorNuu (Banned)

I don't know how they do it, and obviously have never bothered,
    but some replays are definitely still missing. Less often, though, it seems.
    Connection "problems" :rolleyes:

Stewyripper likes this.
  23. koshmare

koshmare

That happens if you run out of free space in replay section

Pigems and Stewyripper like this.
  24. sdi_03

sdi_03

25. koshmare

koshmare

My personal best, made with @DrAug setup

upload_2020-6-4_13-39-36.png

World records

26. mthomas_95

mthomas_95

Quite surprised nobody topped my time considering I couldn't be bothered messing around with the hybrid before the lap started, worth about 3 tenths up the hill from the banked hairpin. Nicest way of describing how the Audi drives is 'quirky'

27. sdi_03

sdi_03

Good start :lol:
    C884A0B6-6F08-42A3-AC40-48B39A9146A1.jpeg

xtrax, dimassa19, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  28. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Pigems, dimassa19 and Stewyripper like this.
  29. NoStopN

NoStopN

It's that correct? Sport tires on dirt for the Raptor?

30. waukazoo

waukazoo

It does read that way but, the raptor is on dirt tires.

NoStopN, xtrax, lfm58 and 2 others like this.