Time Trial Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Tomiroquai

Tomiroquai

Cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut... CUT EVERYWHERE !

Mr P likes this.
  2. GT4Fun

GT4Fun

Hi people.
    I researched the Camaro Zl1 1LE tires and found that the following was used (for 7: 16.04 Nurburgring lap): exclusive Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar 3R summer-only tires. What do you think would be the equivalent tire in the GTS?
    Should I also set some specific settings to try to beat that laptime? Or was that laptime (7: 16.04) achieved with what we would call "GTS stock settings"?

sirjim73 and dimassa19 like this.
  3. Mr P

Mr P

Has there ever been any online TT with a live leaderboard at Maggiore where the front runners haven't cut corners to gain an advantage? Simple answer is No :p This track is cursed due to the track limits being rewritten by unscrupulous drivers who will do anything to get a top spot on the leaderboards ;):tup:

fastone371, Pigems and Captaingreg like this.
  4. benjoi84

benjoi84

But the track limits are the same for everyone. What's there to complain about?

5. Mr P

Mr P

It was an observation not a complaint :) I couldn't care less :tup:

Pigems, Romafo72 and benjoi84 like this.
  6. Tomiroquai

Tomiroquai

Anyone can cut if they want. Sure. I don't.

7. koshmare

koshmare

Yeah, track limits should be stricter

8. NoStopN

NoStopN

[​IMG]

Depending upon who you ask, it's an extreme summer tire. Looking at the tread design, it is a borderline race tire with some grooves cut into it to qualify as a street tire. It was designed to compete against tires like the Pirelli Trofeo R (came on the previous Z/28) & the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup series. All of them have very few grooves, but are listed as street tires. Now, with all of that said, it would likely be equivalent to the Sports Soft tires that the TT has us limited to. I'll run few more TT just for fun, because I can not get anywhere near the times of some of the other players.

9. Captaingreg

Captaingreg

Howdy gents. Had a go with Ferrari challenge again this morning. I actually had my abs set to weak and the sensitivity set to 0 on the DS4 without knowing, so I changed the ABS to default and upped the sensitivity to 5 to see how that went. Car feels more controllable when trail braking now, Track limits are a little on the wild side in this TT it seems...

Edit- down to 133.173 :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    sirjim73, lfm58, Dalone and 1 other person like this.
  10. BjoBosUndies

BjoBosUndies

BMB Raceway | Waste of engineering and metal ‘merican “Camaro” | 1:10.929 | DS4 & Auto

Presently 26th in the World

Romafo72, bduddy, lfm58 and 2 others like this.
  11. WheelmanSteve

WheelmanSteve

OMG! That Camaro! The ZL1 is the first car I've ever driven in this game that made we want to go to the dealer and write a check. Can we have a GT350R to go along with it? Pleeeeeeease?

Romafo72 likes this.
  12. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

I don’t know why they bother having white lines, it should be one tyre on, nuked lap imo, not two or four tyres over, the idea is to thread the needle within the confines of the lines.

fastone371 likes this.
  13. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

An easy fast gearbox for the Camaro ZL1 TT.

14. WheelmanSteve

WheelmanSteve

The discussion on track limits will never be settled, BUT, personally, I think they are too generous. I don't mind spending time finding the best line around the track, but I DO mind having to try to figure out how much of the fast line isn't actually on the track...

15. Tomiroquai

Tomiroquai

I just can't understand what's going on in PD's minds with track limits. Limits are the white lines, period.

In race conditions, there should be some indulgence with those limits, that could be just a little larger.

But in time trials, when you must prove how you master a track, there shouldn't be any indulgence.

16. NoStopN

NoStopN

I'm still waiting on the Challenger Touring Car from GT5 & 6 as a Gr. 4 car. Street cars need not apply. Many of us wanted the GT4.R Camaro instead of the ZL1. But at least the Challenger shouldn't take as much time to render since it was a premium model in 5/6.[​IMG]

sirjim73 and Romafo72 like this.
  17. Dalone

Dalone

1:11.046 for #52. Hard to crack into the 1:10's.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  18. Dmac72

Dmac72

Why allow indulgence with track limits in races?
    The race should always happen on the track, not beside it.
    Track limits are such an easy thing to measure that I fail to understand why PD haven’t sorted it yet.
    Whether a car is on or off the track is a matter of fact which is easily measured. Enforce it at all times, everyone racing the same track to the same rules, every time.

fastone371 and fordlaser like this.
  19. Dalone

Dalone

At last, snuck under the 1:11 bar with 1:10.975 for #51.

Happy with that for tonight, after midnight here, time to hit the cot.

Oh, used Praiano's 4 gear set up. Thanks for that mate.

praiano63, lfm58 and Captaingreg like this.
  20. Captaingreg

Captaingreg

Managed a 1:33.173 in the Ferrari after a few more solid practice sessions, I'd be super stoked to dip into the 1:32's but at this point I am starting to get the feeling it is beyond my driving ability haha. Currently ranked 163 :)

dimassa19 and lfm58 like this.
  21. Dalone

Dalone

Couple of things. Improved another little bit to 1:10.819 for #42, again using Praiano's new 4 gear set up.

So I looked at Praiano's ghost to see how he manages it but found he hasn't changed over to it (or improved on it) , his best is still using 6 gears.

Just curious mate if you think the 6 gears are the best option or the 4?

The 4 certainly helped me to improve.

Captaingreg and dimassa19 like this.
  22. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

For sure the 4 gear is as performant as the 6. It's just more easy to put the power down , giving more oportunity to low the time during a perfect lap.
    I just can't spend more time on this event , after some days on it at the beginning i had to do something else , short track like this are too repetitive, too much is too much , no fun anymore.

Captaingreg, waukazoo and Dalone like this.
  23. Dalone

Dalone

Fully agree about it being too short, feel the car is the wrong one for it also.
    I had a goal to aim for, sub 1:11, and that is what kept me going but as you say, the fun factor diminishes quickly here.
    Hopefully next week will be better, maybe a couple of laps somewhere or just a better car/track combination.
    Thanks again for the gear set up, cheers.

Captaingreg, waukazoo and praiano63 like this.
  24. MIE1992

MIE1992

What sort of combinations would you wanna see next? Here were my ideas:

-N100 @ Tokyo Central, tuning enabled
    -Gr.2 @ Fuji, tuning enabled
    -Gr.B @ RBR wet, tuning disabled
    -BMW i3 @ Nurburgring, tuning disabled
    -F1500T-A @ Interlagos, tuning disabled
    -Ford Mustang Gr.B @ Fisherman's Ranch, tuning disabled

Overall, I think having tuning be enabled is best for when multiple cars are permitted, as I think this can lead to an interesting diversity of strategies and cars populating the leaderboards.

Captaingreg and Dalone like this.
  25. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

Mount panorama N300 road car / sport hard , tuning allowed. A lot of cars are very good there and it's a great pleasure to drive. I love to drive the Jaguar type E in this configuration on this wonderfull Australian circuit.

26. Bertracer

Bertracer

1st clean lap and I'm only in the top 3000 or so... How many people run these events, does anyone know?

seadog777 likes this.
  27. seadog777

seadog777 Premium

Can't find it anywhere and really can't be bothered to flick through pages at 25 places per time.... it would take forever to reach where I am (which is just inside the top 2,500 for the Ferrari race :sick: ... pretty dismal I know but just can't get the hang of that car.... it's like it decides to spin now and again, for no apparent reason :lol:).

Bertracer likes this.
  28. aguia

aguia

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190926002447.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190926002502.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191003214236.jpg Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191003214313.jpg
    It is explicit which cars and tracks are most played. More for the cars I think, NSX without tuning and ZL1 with.
    I look forward to the introduction of Rally (yes, Gran Turismo has Rally) running the 3 nice tracks (yes it does, GT has more than ?20 rally tracks, or 200 with course maker) until, one day, PPIHC (Yes already had, GT2 has Pikes Peak in small point) fills the place reserved for it.
    I enjoyed seeing Rally in the new intro, in the previous one as well, but there are no weekly races yet.

29. Bertracer

Bertracer

I ran a few more laps and am at 1397th with a 1.35.556

Pretty sure I can do low 34s but no faster.... How are you doing now?

seadog777 likes this.
  30. Captaingreg

Captaingreg

Stuck on a 1:33.173 with the Ferrari which I can't seem to improve after many attempts so onto the tuned Camaro TT this morning instead. Far out that thing is a challenge to drive stock, went straight for Praiano's tune with the 4 gear mod and the car is waaay nicer. Managed a 1:11.504, feels like there is a little more time in it for me but I also get the feeling dipping into the 1:10's is going to be a serious stretch, likely a fantasy haha.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
    ThePotatoKing and seadog777 like this.