Time Trial Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 28, 2021.

1. xtrax

xtrax

Thanks for the share :cheers: I will test your modification.

2. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

Great update to this tune. :cheers:
    I could improve to 0:46,656s.

3. xtrax

xtrax

Thanks for modifications :cheers:, i immediately did again my personal record. Update, you did to the setup are excellent. :tup:

i try to determine which modification have bring more added value . For me , it seems the Rear swaybar set to 1. Car is more stable and I can accelerate more easily without loosing the rear. So i keep it and continue my tests.
    Finally i break the 46s barrier with this setup :gtpflag:and with @oooMaXimumooo gear box :tup:

upload_2021-2-2_23-43-0.png

v8_pursuit, Roweer1, sdi_03 and 2 others like this.
  4. oooMaXimumooo

oooMaXimumooo

@xtrax I used your chances and improved a few tenth. Also I changed my gear box a bit. More equally spread, lower gears have more pick up.

Attached Files:

5. Jeje6410

Jeje6410

6. xtrax

xtrax

well done :tup: , i will try your new gear box , Thanks :cheers:

7. koshmare

koshmare

My personal best, made with @xtrax setup

upload_2021-2-11_12-53-9.png

World records

J24681357, xtrax, Stewyripper and 4 others like this.
  8. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Watching that video makes me feel slightly sick. The speeds on that thing are just obscene, and cornering is out of this world!

9. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

The "real" driving simulator.... more like Mario Cart... :lol:

10. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Even Mario Cart feels more realistic than that madness. :D

xtrax and Stewyripper like this.
  11. tankuroded

tankuroded

Only one TT for current cycle:

upload_2021-2-11_17-25-44.png

Gr.1 Super Lap
    Track: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
    Car: Gr.1 – Garage Car
    Tires: Racing Medium
    BOP: Apply
    Power/Weight Limit: N/A
    Settings: Fixed

xtrax and Stewyripper like this.
  12. OJBrit

OJBrit

Decided to have a go at the Tomohawk TT last night. Nope, I'll just silently take the back exit. I can control this car, I have a sub minute time (57secs) at Brands in it and used it in several offline races. This track is just not made for it. Too bumpy. Any thought of power and she goes around. So after several attempts to get it over the line to just start a lap I spun it out of T1. Quit after that.

xtrax, MidnightRun85 and Stewyripper like this.
  13. 05XR8

05XR8

88th in the C9(fastest Group C car so far). Under 2 minutes. Guess I'm done.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    JEverettL, xtrax and Stewyripper like this.
  14. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Is it just Group C cars for this, or any Gr1??

JEverettL, xtrax and Stewyripper like this.
  15. NekoPufferPPP

NekoPufferPPP

The one thing I hate about Group C cars in time trials is how every user with a shifter i.e. a clutch gains a massive advantage from much shorter shift times. Quite literally pay-to-win lol.

Why can't we bind a clutch button to the controller or a button on the wheel?... Why can the default shift time for H-pattern racecars be avoided with the use of a clutch and shifter?...

v8_pursuit, xtrax and Stewyripper like this.
  16. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Stewyripper, HaydenFan69 and xtrax like this.
  17. compaqrat

compaqrat

But no use of clutch is daily races where it should be allowed.

Stewyripper likes this.
  18. 05XR8

05XR8

Any Gr.1 car. The Audi R18 is the one to use. I prefer the Group C cars.

Stewyripper and MidnightRun85 like this.
  19. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Thinking up 2 new combos every 2 weeks is too much work for PD it seems. I sure do hope this is not the trend going forwards.

The difference only matters if you're gunning for that #1 spot though. Let's say each shift gains you 0.01 second. In the daily race C a few weeks ago we had the same combo and I counted 19 upshifts, so it would only make ~0.2 second of a difference over a lap. With a Group C it would be less because it only has 5 gears, and you're more likely to hold a higher gear through a corner because the gears are so long anyway. Driving with the h-shifter is also a lot harder coordination wise (esp during downshifts). I know that if I use a shifter, I would actually end up slower than paddles because I lose more time during corner entry phase fumbling with the clutch/shifts, than I gain on acceleration.

If you're really that concerned though, lifting off the gas while upshifting does make the gear shift delay a bit shorter. Not as fast as using h-shifter, but definitely easier to do ;)

Stewyripper likes this.
  20. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I think what is happening here is that PD is putting more effort into GT7.

Stewyripper, xtrax and v8_pursuit like this.
  21. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Can't fault them for doing that, but surely they can spare one guy 10 minutes every 2 weeks thinking up and setting up the TT events? It's not the most time intensive effort but at least it gives something to the community. Or better still they can just write a script to randomise this. With the amount of cars and tracks in the game even if we have weekly TTs we still wouldn't run out of new combos for many many years...

337 cars x 76 layouts (excluding rally) = 25,612 combinations

If we have 2x time trials that changes every day, we would run out of combos in... *drum roll* ... 35 YEARS :lol:

But yeah, that's too hard for PD.

22. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

If PD spare one guy 10 minutes every 2 weeks for GT Sport TT events, then GT7 will get further delayed and we don't want that to happen.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  23. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

Highly unlikely in a company of their size. And the guy setting up the TT events, are unlikely to be involved in product planning and car/track modelling for GT7 (which would make up the bulk of GT7 development time). His or her main job is probably setting up the daily races, FIA races, TT and MiEx items list. So he doesn't really have anything to do with GT7 until it's released anyway.

24. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

All staff for GT7 and that I think is why we get 1 Time Trial every 2 weeks from now on, but I hope it's not the case mate for GT Sport.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  25. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

So, here's my two cents for the current TT to gain here or there some time. I'm about 4 seconds behind the top guys. This is what I fiddled out so far...

First: At the beginning of each try. Don't touch the throttle until the Start-Finish-Line. You will waste the electric power of the Audi.

Second: Eau Rouge goes full throttle. Even for a DS4-Player like me. This gained the most time for me.

Third: As always, slow in fast out.... easier said than done. That's my current problem to get it all together in a single lap....

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  26. xtrax

xtrax

Not completely sure but i think same happened in the past with gt6 , some months before GTsport, PD proposed only one tt event instead of two

27. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

I've been having a go at this without using the META, taking the Gr1 car that's been used least distance each time I have a go. So far I've used the Peugeot L750R, the Alpine VGT, and McLaren VGT.

Peugeot I managed a low 2:01:1XX but I think think more time I could easily knock 0.8-1.0s off that time. It feels planted and stable but didn't feel like it has the legs to challenge to top spots.

In the Alpine I only managed a 2:01:8XX and again I think I could knock some time out of that, but not a lot really. It's slow on the long straights, but it can break really late - need to learn the braking points in it and I think it could maybe slip under 2:01 in my hands.

Just had a bunch of laps in the McLaren this morning, half of which were shocking. Very unstable and difficult to control at times, but feels much quicker than the Peugeot. I got a time just under 2:01, but only just. I think with some more laps under my belt I could get that under 2:00 once I learn the throttle control and best lines for it.

In these three sessions I've learned a lot about the track, and particularly three sections of the track where I can make or lose a lot of time.

Firstly Eau Rouge. The line through here is so crucial and getting the first turning point spot on makes such a difference to your lap time.

Then Bruxelles and turn 11, where I've managed to find over 1s on a couple of laps.

Then finally Stavelot to set you up for the run to the final chicane. Just getting the right exit to get a good bit of speed out and into 16 makes a massive difference!

I'll keep working through my Gr1 cars each time I have a go. I'm never going to challenge the top of the leaderboard so it's just fun learning the circuit and different cars at the same time!

28. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I think they went from 2 weeks to 4 weeks and they where repeated Time Trials back then my friend.

Hi @v8_pursuit I like the R18, but I am way behind your good time at the moment, and my sore back is way better now. Now I can spend heaps more time playing GT Sport, than just spending a short time playing every day because of my back.

29. v8_pursuit

v8_pursuit

Keep going mate. You're usually a bit faster than me. Without the back-issues you should get me in a couple of days. :cheers:

Stewyripper, xtrax and fordlaser like this.
  30. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I will give it a go mate but some how I have lost some of my speed that I want, and I will see my physio soon and after that perhaps I may get some of my speed back I hope :).

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    v8_pursuit, Stewyripper and xtrax like this.