Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
Still only doing the Nurburgring race, have changed to the DBR9 GT1 10 from the V12 Vantage.

Now at 6:37.357 for #229.

Tried copying a Praiano tune (not for the DBR9) however couldn't manage to copy his gearbox settings. Then I found the tune (Japanese I think) which Roweer1 has posted, but again it isn't 100% as it is designed for a far more powerful car running Super soft tyres.

Still, it is helping me improve. The gearbox (again) is the problem and I have played around with it without really knowing what I am doing.
No matter, I can still get ahead of my ghost sometimes.

Surprised so few are doing this race here.

I´m still in there too cause I love this track. At first I tried many different cars, but only two seemed to match my driving style, so now I switch between the DBR9 GT1 10 and the Corvette. Currently my time is 6:45,867s in the Aston, but in the Corvette I´m only a tenth slower.

What I found out so far with my setups is that the Corvette handles better but the Aston is a little bit faster on the straights. My main problem is to stay focused. I had laps where I pushed and was 10 seconds ahead of my ghost about halftime, but when I tried to drive it home safely at 95% I lost my focus and messed it up.

I will post my setups for both cars later.

So yeah, the Aston is faster in my opinion, so only his setup. I tried to get him to handle better. I was 7s ahead of my ghost and messed it up in the last part of the track. :banghead:

@Roweer1, brilliant time my friend. :bowdown::cheers:

Here's my setup, currently a 6:44,484s:

BB - 1
50mm 105mm
3,35 3,10
7 9
52 54
83 82
3,2 3,1
toe out 0,30 toe out 0,10

375 700

Final gear to Max
Max speed to Min
Set gears to
Set final gear to 4,140

@fordlaser: I'm not so much into sweets mate. So I fired up my grill and had some meat and a few beers. Didn't help either. :D
Nevertheless I Improved to 0:55,595s with some time to gain in the Stratos TT. But your time is really great my friend. :cheers: Well done.

@lfm58: You're on top in both competitions my friend. Great lap times. Hard to reach for me. :cheers:

@xtrax: Try my setup for The Ring. With your talent it should be easy to get a good time my friend. :cheers:

@sdi_03: The same for you my friend. 👍

Last edited:
So yeah, the Aston is faster in my opinion, so only his setup. I tried to get him to handle better. I was 7s ahead of my ghost and messed it up in the last part of the track. :banghead:

BB - 1
50mm 105mm
3,35 3,10
7 9
52 54
83 82
3,2 3,1

375 700

Final gear to Max
Max speed to Min
Set gears to
Set final gear to 4,140

@fordlaser: I'm not so much into sweets mate. So I fired up my grill and had some meat and a few beers. Didn't help either. :D
Nevertheless I Improved to 0:55,595s with some time to gain in the Stratos TT. But your time is really great my friend. :cheers: Well done.

@lfm58: You're on top in both competitions my friend. Great lap times. Hard to reach for me. :cheers:

@xtrax: Try my setup for The Ring. With your talent it should be easy to get a good time my friend. :cheers:

This what happens when I suck on bit of dark chocolate while I race, and I go a bit faster with a time of 0:550.41 in the Stratos TT.
A few Beers while you race and that is :crazy: my friend, because I have tried that but I end up falling asleep in my rig.
I am going to rest until the next Time Trial now, because there is a bottle of Red wine and dark chocolate to enjoy while I take a break :cheers:.

BB - 1
50mm 105mm
3,35 3,10
7 9
52 54
83 82
3,2 3,1

375 700

Final gear to Max
Max speed to Min
Set gears to
Set final gear to 4,140
~~

Thanks for posting mate, I'll give it a try later.
I have been having a problem with my accelerator for a while now, it loses power, very noticeable on longer stretches like when you're well in front of your ghost but it flies past you all the same.

Looked online and found what appears to be a fix but it involves some tricky stuff I don't feel confident doing, settled for spraying the capacitor with CRC which one bloke reckoned helped him. Didn't help me.

The only thing which does help is to keep flipping the pedal (push down and let it spring back) a few times before each race, bit hard though when you follow on each lap.

No matter, good luck and thanks again for posting your tune.
~~
Had a few laps with your tune V8' and managed 6:38.705, which isn't that far off my best.

I have a slightly higher top speed than you, reaching 273/4kmh at the end of the long straight before the left turn but only reached 270/71kmh with yours. I also make 280/281kmh before having to brake whereas I only managed 276 with yours.

Of course my power problem may have hindered me slightly although I was very close to all my section time markers along the way.

Would certainly recommend your tune to anyone looking for one. Cheers.

Last edited:

BB - 1
50mm 105mm
3,35 3,10
7 9
52 54
83 82
3,2 3,1

375 700

Final gear to Max
Max speed to Min
Set gears to
Set final gear to 4,140

Yes Nürburring could be very frustrating because the lap is very long and a mistake can ruin it. after 10 seconds it's OK but when the error occurs after 6 min of intense effort argh ... :banghead:🤬 That's why I always hesitate to start TT on the ring, Too hard for my arms.

Thanks for the share my friend :cheers:1:36.636 with you setup with a lot of improvment possible. Nice setup 👍

Quick remark: compared to the replay of the P1, I notice that I'm not ableto take some corner with full throttle otherwise i'm OFF.

And also i gain time on straight line on P1 GHOST, probably that P1 have more downforce.

I will try to bring some modifications on your setup to see if I can improve this. If yes i will share my modification ;)

@Roweer1 well done for your time, impressive with DS4 👍

@lfm58 and @fordlaser nice team, you are near the sub 55 on STRATOS TT. I will try chocolate :D

Last edited:

BB - 1
50mm 105mm
3,35 3,10
7 9
52 54
83 82
3,2 3,1

375 700

Final gear to Max
Max speed to Min
Set gears to
Set final gear to 4,140

Thanks so much for this. Your setup helped me shave 4 seconds of my previous best and squeak into the 6:33s

BB - 1
50mm 105mm
3,35 3,10
7 9
52 54
83 82
3,2 3,1

375 700

Final gear to Max
Max speed to Min
Set gears to
Set final gear to 4,140

@v8_pursuit I update a little your excellent setup 👍 but not sure that improvement is due to the setting as i modify only two parameters.
But just in case of below the modifications.

- downforce 400 730
and
- camber 1,5 2.0

This what happens when I suck on bit of dark chocolate while I race, and I go a bit faster with a time of 0:550.41 in the Stratos TT.
A few Beers while you race and that is :crazy: my friend, because I have tried that but I end up falling asleep in my rig.
I am going to rest until the next Time Trial now, because there is a bottle of Red wine and dark chocolate to enjoy while I take a break :cheers:.

Seems to be a good idea mate. I hope to be a better contestant in the next TT. :cheers:

~~
Had a few laps with your tune V8' and managed 6:38.705, which isn't that far off my best.

I have a slightly higher top speed than you, reaching 273/4kmh at the end of the long straight before the left turn but only reached 270/71kmh with yours. I also make 280/281kmh before having to brake whereas I only managed 276 with yours.

Of course my power problem may have hindered me slightly although I was very close to all my section time markers along the way.

Would certainly recommend your tune to anyone looking for one. Cheers.

Thanks for your opinion on my tune. I appreciate that. 👍

Thanks so much for this. Your setup helped me shave 4 seconds of my previous best and squeak into the 6:33s

You're welcome. That's my intention, to help each other and to improve. :cheers:

@v8_pursuit I update a little your excellent setup 👍 but not sure that improvement is due to the setting as i modify only two parameters.
But just in case of below the modifications.

- downforce 400 730
and
- camber 1,5 2.0

Thanks for your feedback my friend. I tried your changes and improved about half a second. Well done. :cheers:
For me there is some better time left. I will try tomorrow.

I also had tunes from two very good tuners @praiano63 , @COLOMBIAMIGUE7 , on the M3 from the last time we did this TT.
Right now I'm using this tune from HSG Auttomotive on youtube. It put me into the 2:10.2's
It's for N200 but still works at N500.
The only changes I've made so far, I raised the ride hight to 3.86 inches F&R, and lowered the diff to 22/5/5.
I feel the transmission could be better, I havent fiddled with it yet.
Give it go, hope it helps.

Last edited:
They're even recycling TTs now. Yawn. PD really has no creativity it seems...

Anyway, I just used Colombia's tunes from last year (link provided by numbnuts above). I just changed all rear suspension values to match the front (except camber unchanged), zero F/R toe and LSD Accel 5. Makes it a bit better at putting power down on exits.

See you guys in 2 weeks...

Because of what I said here and PD may not have the resources anymore to makeup new Time Trials for GT Sport, but I hope I am wrong.

Yes and I've had this conversation with you before that making up 2 TTs every 2 weeks is a drop in the ocean in terms of time commitment and wouldn't affect GT7 development in any way. Especially now that GT7 is delayed, the least they could do is keep the game entertaining. But it's easier picking something from the past than a new combo from 25000 combinations :lol:

Anyway, it is what it is. More time for me to play AC I guess :P

upload_2021-3-25_14-43-5.png

Course
Tsukuba Circuit
Category
N100, N200, N300, N400, N500, N600, N700, N800, N900, N1000
Your Record
Rank/Qualifier Time
--th--'--.---
BoP: None
Settings: Open
Fuel Consumption: None
Tire Wear: None
Regulation
Category: N100, N200, N300, N400, N500, N600, N700, N800, N900, N1000
Car Type: Garage Car
Tire: Sports: Hard
DR Limit: None
Basic Race Info
Course Condition: Clear
No. of Cars: 1 Cars
Race Start Format: Final Corner Start

Tunes from @praiano63 , Thnx. :cheers:

upload_2021-3-25_14-43-47.png

Course
Sardegna - Road Track - C
Category
Gr.4
Your Record
Rank/Qualifier Time
--th--'--.---
BoP: Apply
Settings: Fixed
Fuel Consumption: None
Tire Wear: None
Regulation
Category: Gr.4
Car Type: Garage Car
Tire: Racing: Medium
DR Limit: None
Basic Race Info
Course Condition: Fine Weather
No. of Cars: 1 Cars
Race Start Format: Final Corner Start

Last edited:
I think these TTs would be great with 12 players on track.

Edit: Need more track day/track focused N-class cars.

Only cars with roll cages are:
F40, 993, 996, 997, 991, RE FD, Amuse S2000, Fugu Z, Vulcan.
Roll hoop cars are the Cobra, X-Bow and 356.

Track day road cars are Camaro, Diablo GT, GT-R NISMO, NSX.

Last edited:
Good to see you back @praiano63, hope all your health troubles are sorted now 👍

Also I see @COLOMBIAMIGUE7 is back on the leaderboard. All the big boys are back :D

My 15 minute setup is working pretty well already but I'll give prairano's tune a try later. Just need to get better rotation and earlier throttle on the 3rd hairpin, otherwise I'm pretty much thereabouts in other parts of the track.

Back