Time Trial Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Sep 26, 2019.

1. sdi_03

sdi_03

Getting faster with F1 :)
    1:31.093 BB0

How the heck can the fastest guy go on full throttle when driving over curbs??

Mr P, suprajef, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  2. Pigems

Pigems Premium

You can also use it for a second coming out of the hairpin, the straight after spoon and the front straight.

suprajef and praiano63 like this.
  3. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

For the last chicane , only the first right turn curb is dangerous . The one on the left turn before the finish / starting line is ok , you even can put the right tyres passing over it.
    For the rest i only have problems after turn 9 out just before and under the bridge , losing time here on the 1st position ghost , i have to find a solution there.

sirjim73, Gylfilleneuve, Mr P and 4 others like this.
  4. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

You can use DRS at any straight, as long as your wheel is <45 degree turned the DRS icon on your HUD will be light up and you can press the "overtake" button to activate it.

It used to be deployed automatically (like hybrid boost in LMP1) but this was changed in one of the recent updates so now we have to deploy it manually.

Mr P and Pigems like this.
  5. Glidelator

Glidelator

Very difficult chicane. :nervous:

lfm58, Gylfilleneuve, Saur and 6 others like this.
  6. suprajef

suprajef Premium

Nice improvement and you made it look easy.

Currently 11th using a hybrid of yours and @praiano63 's tune

7. Patclash

Patclash

Hi , I have try to reproduce your transmission setup , and I have found that the first setting of the final gear is 3,700 to match your setting ;)

praiano63 and Pigems like this.
  8. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Having another go at the F1 car now, I won’t miss a DRS opportunity today! :D :lol:
    8C0EE6CD-8342-444F-91F5-D95DE2F0898D.jpeg

Edit: Knocked .5 off to a 32.2 now, good for 109th right now. @suprajef you we’re right, she’s definitely loose now, but she also turns really nicely now too! :)

Edit 2: Shaved another .4 off for a total of .9 today. This is getting more fun by the lap. :)
    8BA03B18-952F-44DA-A444-7C9B91343DD1.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  9. Mr P

Mr P

Seeing how Pigems taped down the DRS button made me look for a similar fix for the G29 and sticky tape strapped around it just wasn't working for me on any button? But then I found that if you map the overtake to either the L3 or R3 buttons then you simply need to press the button in and whilst it's held in... there's a small groove that appears at the back of the button and you can just jam a little ball of tape or a matchstick in there and it does the job and DRS will be auto for the whole lap and all materials are totally hidden from sight! .. Just thought I'd share this also as a quick fix ;):tup:

suprajef and Pigems like this.
  10. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Nicely done man, glad I was able to be of some help. :cheers:

This is the tune I used today, she’s loose, but works really well once you get used to it. I really like the gearing too. :)
    720A0208-2AD9-4361-BBFC-8888BFDAE4B0.png
    23C11059-C200-49F5-80B2-F0D8C61080CB.png

Mr P, praiano63 and suprajef like this.
  11. suprajef

suprajef Premium

Yeah I like it too

12. TheDollarMan

TheDollarMan

So I have tried both TT... But only 4-5 laps each. In suzuka my best time is 1:34:6, and on BB Raceway my best lap is 40:1. I will try to improve both times if I have time :)

sirjim73, Mr P, suprajef and 2 others like this.
  13. Mr P

Mr P

With the DRS enabled full time I got it down to 1'30.151 but lost speed exiting degner 2.. I still have some another couple of tenths here and there :tup:

suprajef and Pigems like this.
  14. suprajef

suprajef Premium

Hey try my tune and lmk what you think. Also stop pulling away from me lol

15. Mr P

Mr P

Yes will do mate ;) and No won't do... for the last part :D:tup:

Pigems and suprajef like this.
  16. Pearl Jam

Pearl Jam

First ever time trial using a wheel after using a controller for gaming for the past 30+ years and oh my, it’s a revelation and i can’t believe I waited so long in making the switch, that McLaren around Suzuka is a absolute dream to drive..never going to be anywhere near the fast times but I’m just loving the sensation of chucking it into corners like a giddy schoolboy, I read that most people are a couple of seconds slower after initially making the switch so I’m happy with a 1:34.4xx so far..pretty sure there’s more room for improvement too as I made a few mistakes too:cheers:

17. Saur

Saur

Snuck into 4th with a 1:29.7 using @Glidelator setup (thank you!). Not sure if I’ll stay in the top 10 since I won’t get another chance at this, but I enjoyed this awesome combo regardless. :)

18. Mr P

Mr P

Damn! I was .3 up at 130R and absolutely stuffed the final chicane!! [​IMG]

I will try again tomorrow.. Great lap Saur :tup:

suprajef, Pigems and Pearl Jam like this.
  19. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

So is it possible to ride the barrier around the corner and slingshot it out without picking up a penalty?
    I’ve tried it with the lightest of brushes and lifting off as I ride it down the straight and then around but I get a 1.5 penalty,
    how that guy managed to whack it without anything :confused:

20. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

He still have his 2 left tyres on the red/white zone . This first moment of the chicane is very dangerous , much more than the second left out turn.
    In this first left , if puting the right tyres on the green zone , you have all the chances to spin.
    The only way to control this moment is to make the driving wheel or control input neutral during the fly over the curb. If not , you will induce a violent spin.
    This is not happening in the second part , don't know why.

Pigems likes this.
  21. Mr P

Mr P

Some more laps and knocked it down a smidgen into the 1'29 club for 8th place.. I can probably chip away another couple of tenths then I'm tapping out :p

22. MOPARbarrett5

MOPARbarrett5

Here is my best lap so far at BB Raceway of 38.741 which is currently ranked first in the US and 50th in the world.

I can do a turn by turn tutorial, but given that there is only one turn where slight braking is needed, I wouldn't have much to say.

sirjim73 and dimassa19 like this.
  23. Pearl Jam

Pearl Jam

Up to the giddy heights of 400th :lol: although I’m probably ranked #1 in my small village in north wales F0A87A93-4BC6-4BC2-80B0-2E7A90FD0354.jpeg

24. suprajef

suprajef Premium

Positive way to look at it!

Gylfilleneuve and dimassa19 like this.
  25. dimassa19

dimassa19

I remember exactly my transition: Time Trial with the Nissan 350z at Grand Valley East (GT4). It took me 400 kilometers to overcome my controller skill... :D

Gylfilleneuve likes this.
  26. linksracer

linksracer

Completed a few laps around Suzuka last night to gauge where I was at.
    After about an hour and a half of dirty laps and restarting I managed a 1:31.130 which was good enough for 50th position at the time, now down to 53rd which surprises me since I'm about 2 seconds down on the number 1 time.
    This time also puts me 5th in Australia which I did not expect.
    Set up was a hybrid of @praiano63's and my own adjustments. I was finding the car to be a bit too loose, probably since I use a pad.
    Definitely still some time to be gained, however putting it all together will be a real challenge.

dimassa19 likes this.
  27. Kevstah2004

Kevstah2004

- - -

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  28. ExplorerPhs

ExplorerPhs

1.30.865 and still time to be found. What a fantastic car is this AMG. Everything comes at you so fast at the beginning, but when you start to understand the car, it becomes a beast. Never thought an F1 has this unhuman limits. Wow.

sirjim73, sdi_03 and suprajef like this.
  29. Pearl Jam

Pearl Jam

How do you find out where you are ranked by country?

linksracer likes this.
  30. nowcontrol

nowcontrol

sirjim73, Pigems and linksracer like this.