Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 752 comments
Hey guys sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for advice and if it is please point me in the right direction.

I am trying to break into the 1:19s for the Gr.1 Super lap Interlaces time trial using the TS030 Hybrid '12 but I am really stuck in the 1:21s any track videos, tuning setups or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am very new so any good resources would be appreciated I tried YouTubing to find someone setting a faster time to maybe try and copy their setup but couldn't find anything, thanks.

Hey guys sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for advice and if it is please point me in the right direction.

I am trying to break into the 1:19s for the Gr.1 Super lap Interlaces time trial using the TS030 Hybrid '12 but I am really stuck in the 1:21s any track videos, tuning setups or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am very new so any good resources would be appreciated I tried YouTubing to find someone setting a faster time to maybe try and copy their setup but couldn't find anything, thanks.
Welcome mate :cheers: and you are posting in the right place, Unfortunately it's been very quiet on here and I think everybody is waiting for GT7. So sorry no one have not help you out as yet.

Welcome mate :cheers: and you are posting in the right place, Unfortunately it's been very quiet on here and I think everybody is waiting for GT7. So sorry no one have not help you out as yet.
No worries I think I have someone who might help in another thread I started just waiting for the mods to approve the post as it has YouTube links for my laps and setups.

Wow people are cheating the Tokyo loop so hard. They're linking the penalties from wall to wall, even tapping them on the straights so they never trigger until after the finish line. Crafty, but disgusting.

Driving normally is incredibly obnoxious though...a thousand horsepower on sport hard tires...hating it.

Wow people are cheating the Tokyo loop so hard. They're linking the penalties from wall to wall, even tapping them on the straights so they never trigger until after the finish line. Crafty, but disgusting.

Driving normally is incredibly obnoxious though...a thousand horsepower on sport hard tires...hating it.
To stop that from happening PD should bring back the invalid lap, as soon as you slightly hit the wall the lap does not count.

Happy New Year to everybody on here that do the Time Trials :cheers:, and I hope they are better in GT7 than GTS.

Can you explain how that works? I couldn't get around with less than (at least) 10 seconds of penalties in the powerful cars (as you noted, not easy on sports tyres!)!

My best laps done in a much less powerful Subaru WRX..... but that barely puts me in top half and way, way off the aliens at the top!

Can you explain how that works? I couldn't get around with less than (at least) 10 seconds of penalties in the powerful cars (as you noted, not easy on sports tyres!)!

My best laps done in a much less powerful Subaru WRX..... but that barely puts me in top half and way, way off the aliens at the top!
If you want to be near the top times regardless of wallgrinding, just watch the top time... I don't need to explain anything, you can just watch how they do it.

Took a completely standard Fiat 500 around Tokyo just for the fun of it. Scrolled all the way down the leaderboard and realized I actually beat a LaFerrari. Ha! :lol:

FIMi1MYXwAEyqck

Fun Fact: The current time at the bottom of the leaderboard is just under 22 minutes. I genuinely wonder what that guy was doing 🤔

FIMiTU2WYAcHl-i

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've been doing the Fuji TT for a couple of hours now, and I seem to be stuck. I was wondering if anyone had advice on what BB to use for the Huracan... I know I clocked a decent lap at -3 , and it all went downhill from there😟: changed settings, changed ctrl sensitivity, tcs on/off etc...Nothing worked. Hell, I even brought back the erratic Fuji racing line for a few laps😥 :lol: .

I dont mind changing brake balance from one sector to the other, if that can help. Last one being my weakest point, especially those last two turns. Thanks in advance!

Took a completely standard Fiat 500 around Tokyo just for the fun of it. Scrolled all the way down the leaderboard and realized I actually beat a LaFerrari. Ha! :lol:

FIMi1MYXwAEyqck

Fun Fact: The current time at the bottom of the leaderboard is just under 22 minutes. I genuinely wonder what that guy was doing 🤔

FIMiTU2WYAcHl-i
Well there seems to be a race for the slowest time now. Somebody else posted a time of 5 hours :eek: :lol:

I also tried bobsled mode after this for...ahem...science. First run I did, I wallrode the whole track and didn't get a penalty. Then from second run onwards, even the slightest touch on the wall triggers an instant penalty and lap invalidation (similar to the Supra Olympic TT). Even quitting the TT and re-entering doesn't work. So it seems that if you want to wallride, only your first lap counts. Might explain why the guy in 1st and 2nd looks to be a dupe account.

Attachments

• IMG_20220110_172753.jpg
    IMG_20220110_172753.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 19
I don't get why PD isn't making more out of these "Pick any car you like" kind of time trials. All they'd have to do is add a simple filtering option to the leaderboard where you can view the laptimes for each infividual car model. That would open up a ton of different categories for players to compete in. For example, there are 45 eligible vehicles for the current N100 event, so you would essentially create another 45 leaderboards where players could be fighting for the top spot. Small effort, huge benefit.

Last edited:
How are you supposed to detune the GR Yaris to N100? I’ve tried turning down the power and adding weight but can’t get it to the right category for the Time Trial. All the top times are in this car.

What have I missed?

Never mind. I did I found it🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
How are you supposed to detune the GR Yaris to N100? I’ve tried turning down the power and adding weight but can’t get it to the right category for the Time Trial. All the top times are in this car.

What have I missed?

Never. I did I found it🤦🏻‍♂️
I had trouble with that too!

Don't think I've ever seen so many racers in a Time Trial before. Wow!

TimeTrial.png

Last edited:
Holy smokes. I'm really looking forward to the #1 replay on this new time trial.

FKF2pKXWQAQGE1W

The second TT is just BOP'ed Group 4s around Brands Hatch Indy.

Edit: I just realized it's the exact same lineup as in the very first post. Talk about creativity, PD...

Last edited:
Holy smokes. I'm really looking forward to the #1 replay on this new time trial.

FKF2pKXWQAQGE1W

The second TT is just BOP'ed Group 4s around Brands Hatch Indy.

Edit: I just realized it's the exact same lineup as in the very first post. Talk about creativity, PD...
This is the second time a Time Trial combo have been repeated, too (the first one was the R8 Gordini/GT-R LMP1).

Coincidentally, both have rehashes of GT6-era events (Tomahawk X launch seasonal event and GT Academy 2015 final event respectively).

View attachment 1108352

View attachment 1108352

Since the TT beginning I started to do a slow lap, and if I like the event, I can do my fastest lap in another profile.
It's legit but it changes the statistics. It is no longer expected that two profiles of the same user do their best time. If everyone does, we are talking about half of the players.

In the event Jardins Yaris N100 I counted 5h from the end 30,295. In this one I didn't waste much time and I was in 565. In the Jaguar event that I loved, I almost gave my best, I was in 64, when the day before I was in 58, in a total of 5,997 and 5,806 the day before.

Today to my amazement the times do not appear, the events are not to my liking, the Dodge Nurb is repeated, but I will test Gr.4 and in two weeks, (which could be just 1), who knows, the times will appear.

The event with the Ford Mark Spa had less than 3,000 due to few having the car, normally there are 20,000 users, there were few events with more than 40,000, 45,000, the event "Contra os Pro - NSX Gr.3 Suzuka" had 50,000.

Global lockdown also changes the stats, but it's funny to see which events people play the most.
In fact, until the 4th of March I would still like to see the Rally Spa, the only rally track that has not yet had the primacy of entering in a TT, however it has already appeared in an FIA race, and it didn't even give points.
The rally events had strong adherence.

CBH
I hope PD are more creative for the Time Trials for GT7.
I also hope the same. There should be, not 2, or 3 or 4, but 5 TT events every week. The first two as in GT Sport (asphalt), one for Rally (PDI has a good library) the fourth event, exclusive Pikes Peack, old road, new road, asphalt, dirt, snow, 300 accessible cars, one per week.
The fifth event was already thinking that GT7 will come with a brutal circuit maker in which the most voted appear in the TT.
I only order the 4 events and a good circuit maker.

I also hope the same. There should be, not 2, or 3 or 4, but 5 TT events every week. The first two as in GT Sport (asphalt), one for Rally (PDI has a good library) the fourth event, exclusive Pikes Peack, old road, new road, asphalt, dirt, snow, 300 accessible cars, one per week.
The fifth event was already thinking that GT7 will come with a brutal circuit maker in which the most voted appear in the TT.
I only order the 4 events and a good circuit maker.
5 events sounds good :cheers:.

Back