Tom Clancy's The Division

@doblocruiser here's a supposed mined data leak. http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...s-the-games-total-mission-count/#56e7d57a7716

Seems to have 26 missions in the main game. I imagine it will be Destiny like where you can replay those missions on harder difficulty for better loot. So I'd guess you'd still get plenty of entertainment out of playing solo, if you like the loot grind type of games?

I read that a Survival mode is due this summer so that should be pretty cool to!

Ordered :D

Forgot to switch out my old CC details with my new one, so I wont get it from Amazon until Thursday. :ouch:

Just started up and watched the intro. I am pumped to go in :bowdown:

* Edit...

I have just done the introduction and oh boy is it a beautiful place to be in. Character creation is a bit dull and the controls I really need to get used to because I am not familiar with the genre.

Game seems to run very stable so far 👍

The stunning world (PS4)

Tom Clancy's The Division™_20160308182007

Tom Clancy's The Division™_20160308180655

Tom Clancy's The Division™_20160308180402

Tom Clancy's The Division™_20160308175857

Last edited:
While the game is eventually going to be a grindfest....I think? What I have played so far, solo, has been fantastic. I have been playing for about 6 hours now and am level 10 in non-DZ zone. There is MUCH more to do than just main missions but that is expected in open-world RPG games.

Never have I been so excited when I open a dresser in an abandoned apartment to find a new pair of business casual slacks! Awesome so far.

I haven't followed this game at all since I saw à trailer in 2014. 2 weeks ago I was at the local cinéma and they showed a trailer just before the main film. It pretty much got me excited. Then I found out I could play alone and the missions seemed enough to expérience this game.

With the inventory and playstyle I found it very much Mass Effect - like.

Anyone else is also under the impression to not really playing a shooter shooter ?

Last edited:
Anybody here have trouble getting their pre-order or other rewards in game? I redeemed the codes in UPlay, and they show as activated, but nothing in game. :(

Game can be very pretty though (PC). :cheers:

25502354142_bd3c954607_o.jpg

25528320041_e86ca3e8cd_o.jpg

25528320331_d5d8d4b992_o.jpg

My preorder items were Hazmat gear and National Guard....they were available in the Base of Operations. Have you looked there?

Yes, and nothing there. Apparently I'm not the only one and Ubi is already looking into it. Guess they will pop up later.

Anybody here have trouble getting their pre-order or other rewards in game? I redeemed the codes in UPlay, and they show as activated, but nothing in game. :(

Game can be very pretty though (PC). :cheers:

25502354142_bd3c954607_o.jpg

25528320041_e86ca3e8cd_o.jpg

25528320331_d5d8d4b992_o.jpg
Really liking that Christmas theme. Game does look very nice. Even the beta looked good (X1).
Haven't had to many battles but I started with light snow and then it turned to heavy snowfall and reduced visabillity just before getting to the first assignment in Manhattan.
Sounds like the weather is scripted depending on area. The night day cycle is probably dynamic.
Yes, and nothing there. Apparently I'm not the only one and Ubi is already looking into it. Guess they will pop up later.
Day 1 so it will probably have issues for sure. Especially tonight and likely worse over the weekend. If it makes it over the weekend with minimal problems, that is a good sign.

Rainbow Six Siege is still having issues to this day (I just played again last night). Lets hope The Division is a smoother ride. ;)

Oh also I am guessing The Division is on Dedicated servers? Rainbow SIx Siege is not and that is another reason why Siege is having so many issues. Hosts with poor connection lead to very bad results. Along with the game ending instantly if the host leaves.

The update's about 30 minutes away from completion. Can't wait to play it, although I hope I don't run in to any of the issues that I've seen thrown around today.

I'd say if you liked those two games, this will be something you will like. It has good RPG elements, cover system, shooting mechanics are 3rd person (typical) and the level design does a good job to make you feel like s*** has hit the fan in New York....

It does remind me of Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell in terms of shooting while up against a wall etc.

I remember seeing this first announced and I was interested but then my interest died out. Now I am glad I gave the Beta a go and now the final game.

Never have I been so excited when I open a dresser in an abandoned apartment to find a new pair of business casual slacks! Awesome so far.

How does one open a dresser? I was unable to do this before the helicopter took me somewhere else. What did I miss ?

How does one open a dresser? I was unable to do this before the helicopter took me somewhere else. What did I miss ?
Not all of them are lootable, only highlighted ones.

On a side note, a few small, attention to details that I found pretty cool.

-When firing some guns a while, the barrel gets red
-If its snowing, snow collects on your hats and coat
-Shooting electrical panels if an enemy is near will electrify them, causing damage.

And I feel like some of these missions are 'Nightfall-ish'' for you Destiny players. All I can say is WOW!

Question: is it possible to play the game solo, or do you need a squad? And do you need a constant internet connection to play, or is offline an option?

Question: is it possible to play the game solo, or do you need a squad? And do you need a constant internet connection to play, or is offline an option?

Yes you can play the game completely solo. No need to team up but an internet connection is required at all times. Your profile is stored on the UBI servers.

Offline is currently not possible!

Hmmmm. It might have to wait a while, then. I only have a prepaid mobile broadband device while I wait for a dedicated connection to become available and I have no idea how long that will be.

I'll think I'll restart with another character. I played for 2 hours and got a bit of feeling for it but I regret putting the sunglasses on..lol....:lol: and I made some upgrade errors because I had no clue of what I was doing... :scared:

I am having a blast :bowdown:

So much fun to walk around and the side mission seem to pay well. Finally got some clothing for my lady and I craftet my first upgrade :)

Next to Driveclub a very welcome addition for my ps4.

I just hope UBI will make it possible to play offline. Probably wishful thinking...oh and yes...this games screams PHOTOMODE!!!!

Back