Update arriving next week.

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 399 comments
A quick look at 1.36 (posted in the wrong thread)

KERS/DRS/OVERTAKE button only works in races and it is not set as default.

F1 cars have DRS, the Kers is automatic.
GR1 cars have Automatic KERS with a Battery indicator.
Super Formula cars doesn't seem to harvest energy back?

It seems to sound much louder/ distorted compared to the Honda version.
I wonder if this is also the case IRL..

So I've had a quick sample of the Super Formula, albeit on my brother's profile with the incorrect steering sensitivity. But apart from that little problem, the car felt very fast, especially in the corners. The steering is very direct and will react to your movements instantly. It's more enjoyable than the Mercedes F1 which doesn't feel as rewarding, nor as forgiving. Easily the best open wheeler in the game.

Can someone explain what this new "overtake" button actually does? Is it just like a mariokart boost thing that you can use 1 time per race? I assume only applicable to the cars mentioned ( Dallaras, specified VGT models, W08 F1, P1 GTR)?

Does the clutch change mean that the clutch in GTS is closer to being a real clutch? or is it still just an on/off button that only works with stock gearboxes?

Are you sure you have enough space?
My GT is now over 100GB, so I suggest you have 200GB free.
Check: Settings > Storage
Are you sure your connection is fine?
Check: Settings > Network > Test

If all good, try a power cycle (power down, switch off at wall socket, wait 5 minutes, power up) of your network equipment and PS4.
If still no luck, fully power down the console (not rest mode) and then run Rebuild Database (option 5) in Safemode.
I just checked my connection it just gone exhausted so I reseted it now it downloading,will be buying a Stratos in 30 mins.

No track. :lol:

Anyway, in other news, Circuit Experience should have been the SF19. However, I do enjoy the RC F. 👍

Edit: About an SF19 race at AUtopolis. At least we can have a 20 car grid in Custom Race, with better Ai over GT League. :cheers:

That's it. It is a lot more fun to race in Arcade Mode or Custom Race. GT League is just meeeh... :D

New "Overtake" option in controller settings.
View attachment 810098

👍

View attachment 810110
Both the w08 and p1 have user controlled drs now

Yes!! The battery charge iconic hybrid cars is back!! Thank you PD! I mention this a while ago!

Lmp1's hybrid bar is now on the HUD as well View attachment 810114 View attachment 810115

Thank you very much for your pictures! I'm really excited to test the implemented DRS/KERS/Overtake for myself. Clutch system wasn't too bad imo. It lacked some proper sound feedback but if you stepped away too fast from the pedal while you accelerate from 0 to X the engine of low powered cars switched off. Nevertheless it is good that they did something.

Next they should add some ERS modes for the Mercedes W08. Do the LMP1 cars have some selectable ERS modes in real life? I don't know it to be honest.

Actually this is quite an interesting update. GT:S definitely needed this.

upload_2019-3-28_5-34-45.gif

The power boost is a Push to Pass system. It's limited in time so it can't be used during the whole race. You have to decide when the best time to use it is. But once you run out, you can't use it for the remainder of the race.
To build onto this, I posted this in another thread;

Did a quick test.
With overtake usage set to default in race settings, the Super Formula has 100 seconds of push to pass.
With the " Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier" setting, you can increase this to as high as 1000 seconds, or as low as 10 seconds.

So if you're setting up a league or a race, whatever multiplier you choose, multiply it by 100 and that's how many seconds of P2P you will be able to use for the duration of the race.

Last edited:
Back