Update is available!

  • Thread starter Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 239 comments
  • 21,557 views
:grumpy:I'm at work and just logged on to find that the update is available. :grumpy:

I would not of bothered to come. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:grumpy:
Oh well here is to watching the clock all day.
 
From the official site:

Spec III Update Notification Oct 03, 2008

The free online update of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III has begun.

The main contents of this update are as follows:

Additional Cars
- The following 3 cars have been added, for a total of 74 cars.
- Citroën / GT by Citroën
- Ferrari / Ferrari California
- Lotus / Evora

Events
- The amount of all event prizes have been increased.
- The difficulties of all events have been readjusted.

Controllability
- Improved controllability using the wireless controller.
- Added key assignments for Player 2 in "Device"

Time Trial
- Speed limitation due to penalties have been removed, and changed to invalidate laptimes.

Drift Trial
- Changed to a rolling start.

Other
- Corrected a problem where the steering controller moves while at a standstill.
- Improved sound volume balance for sound effects.
- Manual updated

Caution:
- Please make sure to read the contents of the “Please read before the Update” news entry before proceeding with the update.

Little disappointed :indiff:
 
Last edited:
i think the physics have become even easier, just had a quick go with the nsx on suzuka, the places where im careful because go in too hard and you spin out, well now i can go in hard and guess what i dont spin out. i was trying it on a few bends, one bend i went in at a guaranteed go in the kitty litter speed before this update, well i stay on the road now. this games just getting easier and easier.

lol and the citroen gt. dont bother turning your asm/tcs off because even if you do the its like the car has still got them on anyway. its a very fast beast but i never spun it once, dont think i even wheel spinned. interior view is like a spacehip, the speedo glass would be a perfect crosshair sight, line it up with the car infront and let rip with some rockets wipeout style. the car certainly looks like it can fire rockets
 
Are we still limited to 2,000,000 credits?
Are we still limited to the same number of cars in the garage?
 
I think they removed the rubber band effect from Pro online events. I seem to be getting consistent lap times now. In one race I even got a 31 second lead without losing grip.
 
I think they removed the rubber band effect from Pro online events.

If true, this is the most important part of the update so far, together with old-physics 👍
 
Ok, I guess I have to find out for myself about the physics... Removing the RBE sounds excellent!
 
Can somebody explian me what is better with old physics,i can't remember it??
 
I`d rather 1 circuit than 3 cars. But I will not complain for 3 new cars.
 
If true, this is the most important part of the update so far, together with old-physics 👍

what old physics?

have you played the game yet mate? i dont think they are the old physics, i think they are new even easier physics.
 
Can somebody explian me what is better with old physics,i can't remember it??

I'll try :D

Before August update, physics on PRO was more demanding in terms of car behaviour on all tyre compounds - especially on S2 and S3.
Understeer and oversteer were more likelly to happen, while tyres were offereing a lower resistance to lateral movement.

In short, after August update, physics on comppunds higher than S1 were "dumbed-down". You could drive cars in almost same manner as in GT4 respectfully, on particular compounds.

If this news is true, it is great news for all PRO drivers.

what old physics?
have you played the game yet mate? i dont think they are the old physics, i think they are new even easier physics.

I didn't update yet, but some preliminary reports from members here stated that physics is back to pre-August level. If not, that's not funny at all than. Awaiting further reports.
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure what is more 'real', but it was a lot more FUN for me before Aug1 update.. :)
 
what old physics?

have you played the game yet mate? i dont think they are the old physics, i think they are new even easier physics.

I don't think the car physics has changed at all: using G25 w/o aids except for ABS, my lap times at Suzuka East (great test track) are pretty much the same as it was prior to the update. I doubt that it's been made easier. If anything, check your setting because the update resets all the previous setting (car and game options).
 
`If an error occurs during download, please try downloading again.`
Did PD expect download attempts to fail... like what kind of game has problems with its own updates.

Anyone got more than 10 failures because I`m more or less past the 20 mark :indiff:
 
The online play feels smoother and more refined than any of the other updates or initial physics were.

I still miss the realistic feel of GT4 and I just wish they would give that a try with these graphics. But compared to the other GT5P physics this updates feel better. Also the penalties seem to be unchanged from the latest update. They are adequate albeit still a little frustrating when someone blind cuts you off in a turn and you get a penalty. But I will take a more sensitive penalty setting over the bumper cars festival any day.

Also the update took me like a minute and half and was complete on the first try.

Overall Outstanding update!!!

-Nate
 
Last edited:
Before august the Ford GT was all but undrivable on R3's and needed R2's or, preferrably R1's. Problem was the grip limit didn't as much fall off but just snap. If it has gone back to pre aug physics I'll know straight away because I'll need to change my tyres and my laptimes will shoot up by 2-3 secs. Making me too uncompetitive and I'll have to use the lm spec :grumpy:

Please PD, don't force me to drive the kiddies-GT
weary.gif
 
I'll try :D

Before August update, physics on PRO was more demanding in terms of car behaviour on all tyre compounds - especially on S2 and S3.
Understeer and oversteer were more likelly to happen, while tyres were offereing a lower resistance to lateral movement.

In short, after August update, physics on comppunds higher than S1 were "dumbed-down". You could drive cars in almost same manner as in GT4 respectfully, on particular compounds.

If this news is true, it is great news for all PRO drivers.



I didn't update yet, but some preliminary reports from members here stated that physics is back to pre-August level. If not, that's not funny at all than. Awaiting further reports.


Thx m8, so we get more fun, juhuuuuuuuuuu
 
Heh what black 86 said is true.. updated the game took the NSX to fuji speed way pro phys all aids off accept abs with S2 tyres and guess what... I can push the car harder than usual and don't have any kind of oversteer... have yet to try the online. and they still haven't fix the stupid no clean shift no change gear with the clutch activated on G25.
 
After driving some more, I think RBE has been simply turned down, not removed outright.

Was getting 2:09s on Suzuka in Free Run, 2:12s in the lead of one race, 2:06s in 2nd place in another race. Oops.

But that said, I didn't notice any loss of grip in the lead. Once the first corner scramble is finished, for the better drivers it really is a case of "Goodbye Mr. Bond".
 
So have the events been changed or are we still stuck with just suzuka for 750pp?
 
I don't think the car physics has changed at all: using G25 w/o aids except for ABS, my lap times at Suzuka East (great test track) are pretty much the same as it was prior to the update. I doubt that it's been made easier. If anything, check your setting because the update resets all the previous setting (car and game options).

settings are all off.

i know what you mean tho, in the previous update they said they did not touch the n1 tires yet i still found a definite difference in n1 tires(easier) however it was weird, i could feel the difference in the n1 tires yet it did not reflect in my lap times, then again i only did about 5 laps on eiger.

i know there is a definite difference in physics with this update. my best time on suzuka was made recently with the nsx time trial mode did about 30-35 laps, it was 1:17.9xx. now i will spend some time on suzuka and see if i can beat or get close in a short amount of time
 
I just tried the Evora, and while it was really good to drive, almost FR-like, the FPS dropped noticeably from the usual smoothness.. has anyone else noticed or experienced this?
 
Can somebody post the Citroen specs like weight and HP? :)
 
It says "The free online update of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III has begun".

Does this mean more updates are to come shortly or this a little optimistic? I'm waiting for damage.
 
Surely a simple way to test the physics differences would be for people to retry the GTP_Registry qualifier, run 10 laps and see if you get a majorly different time?

From the sounds of the news, this is the start of the update, so there's more to come :)

EDIT:

It did mention in the news before the update that the a free online update will be beginning at the start of October?

Surely by now PD can afford a decent translator...?
 
It says "The free online update of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III has begun".

Does this mean more updates are to come shortly or this a little optimistic? I'm waiting for damage.

That's how I read it, personally I think there is more to come, hopefully soon but what that will include (ie damage) only Pd knows..
 
Surely a simple way to test the physics differences would be for people to retry the GTP_Registry qualifier, run 10 laps and see if you get a majorly different time?

From the sounds of the news, this is the start of the update, so there's more to come :)

EDIT:

It did mention in the news before the update that the a free online update will be beginning at the start of October?

Surely by now PD can afford a decent translator...?

Perhaps their translation is fine. Maybe they decide to spread the server load by rolling it out in small chunks.

[/optimism]
 
This alone is pretty small for a new spec update. The upgrade to spec II added a lot more cars and a new track plus a lot more. Hopefully more is to come - I thought we would see damage in the new spec update.
 
To expand a bit, I'm of the opinion that those news articles are carefully planned / considered advertising slots.

I don't think it's just someone at PD slinging together a little blog post of what's going on, they're meticulously planned (maybe not in all cases), with the intention of boosting speculation and raising interest from the fans.

I think it's no coincidence anything that appears in those news articles, I mean, given the attention to detail PD put into everything, I'd say if it's in there, it's meant to be in there.
 
Back