Update is available!

  • Thread starter Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 239 comments
  • 21,552 views
Perhaps their translation is fine. Maybe they decide to spread the server load by rolling it out in small chunks.

[/optimism]
Unfortunately im not going to be able to download this update till later. However after reading the thread im slightly disappointed there isn't private rooms, extra track.

Having said this I agree we could see further updates and this could be too spread the server load. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another 2 or even 3 more updates over the next several weeks. There might even be another update next friday!
 
hey theres a new background download as well. intro movie shows all three new cars coming out of the trucks, then you current car is placed in the middle of them. so does this mean the audi movie cannot be seen anymore
 
But why can't PD tell us now what updates are going to be coming - I'm really thankful to PD for providing these updates but I am a little annoyed at the lack of info coming our way.
 
It says "The free online update of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue to Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec III has begun".

Does this mean more updates are to come shortly or this a little optimistic? I'm waiting for damage.

hehe indeed cant wait for TGS and this months great the fall update would be awesome to come out on the 20th my birthday present! XD
 
I just tried the Evora, and while it was really good to drive, almost FR-like, the FPS dropped noticeably from the usual smoothness.. has anyone else noticed or experienced this?

I noticed that too, running Evora at HSR.. Maybe that was my eyes playing tricks on me?

:grumpy:I'm at work and just logged on to find that the update is available. :grumpy:

I would not of bothered to come. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:grumpy:
Oh well here is to watching the clock all day.

I couldn't seat in the office any longer.
I spent my lunch hour to get home and update (I was pushing my car very fast, though I live only 5 minutes down the street). It took about 30 minutes to download with a dozen of errors breaks.
Unfortunately I had a chance only to drive Evora a couple of laps at HSR. S2 tyres, Pro physics, all off.. The car was very stable, no over- understeer.... Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was easy.

Thereafter I decided to test Ferrari F40 at Daytona Road Course (I have been running our local TT there this week) and noticed the following:
Overall handling is about the same, however, taking a few fast corners I noticed that F40 tends to understeer more than usual (I mean post 1st August update). I didn't compare my best lap times, but it seems a bit slower.
If you ask me about the physics I would say - this current update gives some 10% less grip than before.
Anyways this issue needs further deep investigation from our "physics specialists"
 
Last edited:
Nope, I tested it with GT-R.. same thing.. frame rate actually gets so low in the corners that it get's notchy.. and almost made me feel like throwing up. :sick: I don't know what they did but it seriously messed up the arcade mode..
 
Nope, I tested it with GT-R.. same thing.. frame rate actually gets so low in the corners that it get's notchy.. and almost made me feel like throwing up. :sick: I don't know what they did but it seriously messed up the arcade mode..
that's sad..
new feature - sick sack with a GT logo 💡
 
Spec II update was released in two parts over two weeks - so I am confident that there is more to come shortly.
 
well, I hope they fix this annoying little graphics issue.. well, online is as smooth as ever.
 
what old physics?

have you played the game yet mate? i dont think they are the old physics, i think they are new even easier physics.

And that's how it should be 👍
Physics didn't change the slightest after 1 Aug. btw :)

I think some people here are dreaming ...
it says improved controllability, nothing more
 
I'm at work so I haven't downloaded this yet. I've read that Suzuka West was on the list of online events. If that is true then there is an extra track because Suzuka West hasn't been available up to know. Can anyone confirm it or that it's a typo.
 
Other
- Corrected a problem where the steering controller moves while at a standstill.
- Improved sound volume balance for sound effects.
- Manual updated

i havne't had the chance to download yet. how is everyones opinon on this soudn balance? is it noticeable?
 
settings are all off.

i know what you mean tho, in the previous update they said they did not touch the n1 tires yet i still found a definite difference in n1 tires(easier) however it was weird, i could feel the difference in the n1 tires yet it did not reflect in my lap times, then again i only did about 5 laps on eiger.

i know there is a definite difference in physics with this update. my best time on suzuka was made recently with the nsx time trial mode did about 30-35 laps, it was 1:17.9xx. now i will spend some time on suzuka and see if i can beat or get close in a short amount of time

The thing is I have both versions on my PS3- the NA version which is updated to Spec III and the JPN version (still spec II, updated to Aug 1 update). The only difference I can feel is that with the NSX, there's a weird FF notch happening when you're turning the car. Using the recommended S1 tires on the '02 NSX, I can't sense any difference in the physics. On Suzuka East, after the sharp turn leading to the Start/Finish line, you can easily lose traction and spin out if you don't keep our speed and gearing in check- on both versions, the car would easily spin out at the same speed. Another good spot is the first turn into the "S'. This is when you shift down from 5th or 4th all the way down to 2nd gear- if taken too fast and your shifting is too slow, the car would lose traction and you end up in the sand pit: again, I tried the two versions (this time using Nissan Z) and both exhibit the same result.
Another thing to check if you're using FF wheel is that with the update your setting is reset to default setting- if you're using DFGT or G25 the only thing is that the FF strength is set back to 5 (I usually have it at 7 or 8).
 
the sound is amazing now, while watching my replay of my lexus isf on suzuka, basicly it was like watch a eppisode of top gear, pd nailed the car/track sound, as in car aproaching, car exiting camera, car passing by from far away, track echo. etc, as for physic's all i can say is thank god, there back to square1 if not better, but way way way better then that august 1st atempt, i think in this update it's all about throttle control, imediately you notice when going into a corner with a rear wheel drive/mid rear drive car, if you feather the throttle in, and coast through the turn, then slam on the gas the car break's traction.....I LOVE IT.
 
I'm just looking at the update now. Amazing stuff! The GT Concept car looks very, very sexy... and many colours to choose from ( I was just expecting white). Time for some racing so I can save up for it :crazy:
 
i got the download in 1 try, took less than 5 minutes !
 
I'm just looking at the update now. Amazing stuff! The GT Concept car looks very, very sexy... and many colours to choose from ( I was just expecting white). Time for some racing so I can save up for it :crazy:

i noticed theres many colours to choose from but also noticed the colours dont have names?
 
full.jpg
 
Last edited:
I absolutely hate the so called "improved controllability" changes they made for pad users. It feels so damn overly sensitive. The slightest touch of the analog stick and I'm heading for the barrier. I could probably get used to it eventually, but I just don't see why it was changed in the first place. It was smooth and progressive before, now it's ultra sharp.

As for the rest of the update, it's quite good. I like the Ferrari California a lot.
 
Last edited:
If it's a regional issue re: downloading the update, it can't be: I got it done in 10 mins.

And I live in Australia.
 
If it's a regional issue re: downloading the update, it can't be: I got it done in 10 mins.

And I live in Australia.



Mine downloaded without a hitch at full speed also, unlike the last update....
 
Yep, no problems downloading the update for me.

Nevertheless, the update, though small, comprises much value that primarily includes the aforementioned three extra cars. The GT, which no doubt will be mostly everybody's favourite, is a force to be reckoned with. Place the best tyres, least weight and maximum power output and thing makes its way around any track at an incredible pace. The problem is when racing it in the 800pp events, N3 tyres are necessary for atleast one axle (recommended is the front to avoid oversteer). This causes problems and leaves the futuristic monogear automobile very uncompetitive on all tracks bar Daytona Speedway, where its power is decidedly unmatched.

A note also, has anybody gone into reverse-cockpit view with the GT to find that it sounds exactly like a jetfighter taking off from the runway?
 
Last edited:
Havent I ever notice that, when looking Fuji racing-intro, there is no that 'mayhem-chicane'. (curve 6)

I have never watch those before, but that hard chicane is open there...?
 
includes the aforementioned three extra cars. The GT, which no doubt will be everybody's favourite

Certainly not my favorite, I am a production car type guy, I am not into concepts much. Out of the three the California is my favorite.
 
I absolutely hate the so called "improved controllability" changes they made for pad users. It feels so damn overly sensitive. The slightest touch of the analog stick and I'm heading for the barrier.
Seems you don't use the analog stick correct then. You have to be more gentle. ;)

I think the change is in the right direction. Feels really good!
 
As I felt the sixaxis-sensitivy change too, it`s more of a visual difference Patrik.
Before the update you gently moved the analog stick and went smooth your few millimeters to the side.
Now it`s more like, push them gently and nearly instant you`re those millimeters to the side. This is what feels like you`re driving a train on rails, not a car.

It`s irritating and killing concentration.
But well ... time to getting used to this behavior
 
Just finished the download. Got it first try which is good considering how previous updates took many goes to finish. Will jump on soon to have a drive
 
Here are a "few" screens.
HD videos incoming. I'll post them later for those interested...

 
Back