Update is available!

  • Thread starter Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 239 comments
  • 21,552 views
Seems you don't use the analog stick correct then. You have to be more gentle. ;)

I think the change is in the right direction. Feels really good!

Before the update, I was able to take any corner in the game with one smooth movement of the analog stick, so I don't think I have a problem being gentle. I just think it's gone too far.

How mFloor describes it, is pretty much how I feel too. But I'm not overly worried, I think I will buy a DFGT tomorrow and move away from the controller.
 
I think I will buy a DFGT tomorrow and move away from the controller.


If you do remember there is a new learning curve to tackle so don't get put-off if it is difficult or unfamiliar at first.
 
Even more reason to get excited for the Fall Update, Im not to bothered about new tracks for the moment. New cars will keep me busy and new online events! XD

Maybe this is the fall update already ?
 
Welp. It feels like the old physics from before August 1st is back.

Oh, man, now you've got my hopes up! I haven't had time to try it yet, but I'm one of those people who will be very, very happy if pro mode is close to the original physics model.
 
downloading now...shame my broadband has just been capped to a download of 100kbps :lol: what's the new lotus like...i wanted atleast one more track just for now. oh well.
 
what's the new lotus like...


Gearing is much longer than I expected it to be, I did a test run on Eiger with it and it was too long.
 
Gearing is much longer than I expected it to be, I did a test run on Eiger with it and it was too long.

ahh, i hate long ratio box's unless it has the power to go up it.

out if interest what track is the ferrari challenge on?

on my 4th attempt downloading now...just got the seconds remaining bit now at the bottom of the screen. i think i can see the finish....
 
Nice surprise with the three cars... also intrigued that Spec III has begun and that there should be more... roll on TGS (9th Oct).

The only ****ter is that PP800 HSR has gone... man, I loved that race! Only HSR appears to be the Intermediate Impreza vs Lancer, according to reports.

----------

EDIT: Info on the update on the PS Blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...e-update-available-now-and-includes-new-cars/. I had to ask about Spec III and if there is more to come (post #55). We'll see if we get an answer...!
 
Last edited:
The only ****ter is that PP800 HSR has gone... man, I loved that race! Only HSR appears to be the Intermediate Impreza vs Lancer, according to reports.

If there still was a pp800 HSR race, It'll now only be inhabited by the Citroen GT. I tried a few races with it online at FUGI, and it was a complete dog around corners (after de-tuning it down to 800), but destroyed everyone on the straights. Good fun to drive though... even if it doesn't come in Manual Transmission.
 
I'm so much desiring the Nurburgring :(
Anyway i'm still happy the updates comes, but now when for the next one??
 
but now when for the next one??

I am sure we will find out at the Tokyo game show next week. It appears this is only the beginning of Spec III.
 
there is frame rate issue with Lotus Evora at Suzuka Arcade Time Trial..in the chicane and on the main straight..

EDIT: Does anyone know how I can get "Expansion Data" showcase view (I mean new or old parking lot) on my page after the download? It's always only one time and never again?! It's the same with those extra intro's (I can only view them one and only ONE time!!)

EDIT2 : I'm sorry,I made mistake,there is no HSR PRO 800pp , now it's fuji..
 
Last edited:
Make yourself heard by PD by visiting this latest US blog post from Taku Imasaki, producer, SCEA: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008...e-update-available-now-and-includes-new-cars/. Historically, Imasaki-san has replied to sensible posts regarding GT, although the answers have been a little vague. Hopefully it's time for them to let us know a bit more. After all, it was stated that he would keep us posted regarding private rooms on the blog back in March.
 
ok, i've done about 2-3 laps in all three cars on HSR...to be honest none that have really wowed me. the physics are very different to say the least :lol: it's going to take a bit of time to feel as comfortable with this model as i did with the previous physics model.

the biggest changes are that the drifting is completely different, past a cetain points its unsaveable with the throttle fully down. trail braking is now PROPERLY here, too hard on the brakes entering a corner and you can really feel the back step out...although not enough yet to fully turn spin out like it would in real life in some cars, i've only tested about 4 cars with the new physics though so it could be here but i doubt it. i also noticed that the steering is much more quicker/direct at high speeds.

overall i think it's probably more realistic, i just need to learn how to control this drifting to pull out some fast times.
 
Last edited:
EDIT: Does anyone know how I can get "Expansion Data" showcase view (I mean new or old parking lot) on my page after the download? It's always only one time and never again?! It's the same with those extra intro's (I can only view them one and only ONE time!!)

I have the same problem, never saw the audi intro in full :indiff:
 
This update downloaded first go for me. I like the way the controller is more sensitive. The controller was a bit slow to react before. Ive also noticed that the Ferrari F430 understeers a bit more than before and some of the other cars over steer a bit more too.
 
To be honest, using analogue sticks now seems overly sensitive and I don't see why this change has been made. I'm trying to get used to it but the slightest movement has a big impact on steering. I can't see why PD don't put in an option to adjust the sensitivity of the analogue sticks using sliders. To compensate, I have lowered the steering angle but now the car struggles to make it around twisty corners!
 
Here are some showroom/gameplay/replay videos (playable with your Playstation 3 or your XBOX 360)

I've also uploaded them on Youtube for low-bandwidth users...

gtbycitroen_showroom.jpg
gtbycitroen_gameplay.jpg
gtbycitroen_replay.jpg

Showroom - GT by Citroen, 720p 30fps (70.7 MB)
Gameplay - GT by Citroen on Fujispeedway, 720p 60fps (184 MB)
Replay - GT by Citroen on Fujispeedway, 720p 30fps (87.5MB)


california_showroom.jpg
california_gameplay.jpg
california_replay.jpg

Showroom - Ferrari California, 720p 30fps (29.5 MB)
Gameplay - Ferrari California on Suzuka, 720p 60fps (238.2 MB)
Replay - Ferrari California on Suzuka, 720p 30fps (118.6 MB)


evora_showroom.jpg
evora_gameplay.jpg
evora_replay.jpg

Showroom - Lotus Evora, 720p 30fps (50.6 MB)
Gameplay - Lotus Evora on High Speed Ring Reverse, 720p 60fps (156.2 MB)
Replay - Lotus Evora on High Speed Ring Reverse, 720p 30fps (76.1 MB)

Note : As this is the first time we (taxigamer.com) publish videos, please PM me if you have feedback about playback, compatibility, quality... anything but my driving skills :D
 
Last edited:
You keep talking about the fall update. This is fall. We got the update. I have to say I'm a little disappointed too, and maybe we'll get something after TGS, I still think there's hope, but you can't know for sure anymore.
 
I believe there will be more this month - I'm keeping the faith!
 
There has to be... At least more tracks, I'm beginning to get bored on the tracks we have.
 
I hope there will come an extra update too.
I'd love to have some extra tracks (although just the Ring would do too xD)

But considering the fact that this update comes with 3 new cars that are being shown at the Paris auto show this week, may aswell mean that it's just an update for the cars.

Let's just hope that they'll give us private rooms and some tracks (and maybe even damage!) in the next update!
 
You're welcome ;-)
 
Hi all, I have big problems downloading this update because it's so slow... I've the Japanese versions, with a WiFi (and UPnP enabled) router: what's the best network settings for the game?
 
it's a nice update but indeed it could be just for the cars and that they will have something else for us in the near future*hopes so on a few tracks*
 
Can somebody post the Citroen specs like weight and HP? :)

Posted on page 2:

s2k2k3
Citroen GT

PP 721-943 but... You have to use N1 tires to get to 721. You can't go lower than 818 with S1 tires.

PWR 779 WT 1400 both fixed

Aero has wide adjustments

R/R torque is adjustable

Normal suspension adjustments

Tranny is one gear only non-adjustable
 
so i got to play it a little...

- the california is fun to drive
- the sound i actually dont like. is it me or now you CAN BARELY hear the other cars drive by?
- physics... not sure. maybe im just not used to it but i tried drifting in a z06 as usual around suzuka and the front end felt real unresponsive, especially when making transitions.
 
now it's easier to shift (H shifter) with the G25 and BOV sounds lower.
 
Back