vision gt speedboat

• Thread starter ferrari f1
  • 122 comments
Kaz has put us in that position now where we crave even little bits of information like this.

:nervous:

I understand that and in many ways this forum thrives on it. Everyone should ask themselves when a news item is mentioned, to confirm it is from a credible source and it is an official release of info. Anything other than that is conjecture. Fans are not at fault for prematurely getting excited but it is an interesting social observation.

This is another boat that was built by Cigarette Racing but is inspired by SLS AMG.

(Traducted from Google Translator)

Cigarette_Racing_boat_inspired_by_AMG_SLS_front.jpg

Cigarette_Racing_boat_inspired_by_AMG_SLS_side_2.jpg

Cigarette Racing 46' Rider Inspired by AMG SLS
Source:
http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclope.../boats/Cigarette_Racing_46_Rider_AMG_SLS.html

To be honest. That's what makes this franchise interesting. It's fustrating here and there, but gets you excited in others whenever news pops. Is that wrong?

Don't take this post of some sort of "negative" towards you. Just letting you know.

It may not be wrong for you but I don't look at it that way. I get excited about tangible, official news. The conjecture is not interesting for me, I prefer the real deal.

^ ^ Now if only people could take the time to think and realize this. Their boats are awesome, nonetheless. I'm still wondering what prompted PD's partnership, though. Maybe it has to do with similar ties with Mercedes-Benz?

I don't think PD is involved. Their relationship lies with Mercedes on the car only and how it has been integrated into the game. The boat is a marketing arrangement between Mercedes and the boat manufacturer.

To be honest, I don't give two ***** about the VGTs. It's not like they are even real life concept cars, just digital fantasy cars. I'd much rather see some new real life cars from PD e.g. Jaguar F Type R etc.

The Vision GT Mercedes is a real car, a concept car. It debuted at last year's LA auto show.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I don't give two ***** about the VGTs. It's not like they are even real life concept cars, just digital fantasy cars. I'd much rather see some new real life cars from PD e.g. Jaguar F Type R etc.
mercedes-benz-amg-vision-gran-turismo-concept-photo-556063-s-1280x782.jpg

This is not a fantasy digital car. Many websites consider this car as a REAL car.

2013 Mercedes-Benz Vision Gran Turismo Concept
http://www.netcarshow.com/mercedes-benz/2013-vision_gran_turismo_concept/
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/5711/Mercedes-Benz-AMG-Vision-Gran-Turismo.html

I was hoping some of the GT6 car DLC would be like every other game's, with normal real life cars people actually want. Watch this space, at the end of GT6's life cycle we will still not have the E30 M3, premium Supra or LaFerrari.

Isn't there a lake or some body of water in Zahara Dela Sierra (next DLC)? Maybe it will usable there. I hope the Swim Wagon can also be used there.

Pretty sure that's not going in the game. Yes we have the Patent Motor Wagen and the Moon buggy, but notice those are Wheeled vehicles. This Boat has no wheels so therefore its not happening and is only a marketing tie-in as stated. You can put the torch and pitchfolks down people, the game is not going to be affected by this.

I swear If I could actually get payed to rile people up, this forum would make me a millionaire with how badly people react and even better, nobody ever learns.

But what if we get to drive some kind of badass trailer with the boat on it , with modification big enough to put the VGT engine on it and thus , being able to drive the boat per se on the road?

** Hears Peter Gunn theme in his head, imagines playing spy hunter with third person view **

Maybe Kaz took a cruise ship from Japan to Brazil and decided "we're gonna need a bigger boat"??

Or maybe this is the new
toy-boat-a vision concept :lol:

Anyway, it's a great looking speedboat. And I would think the kind of people who buy top of the range Mercs are the kind of people who buy speedboats as well. So probably an excellent marketing piece by Mercedes, having absolutely nothing to do with PD.

I would guess that for all the Vision GT Concepts the "brand" will be co-owned by PD and the car manufacturer.

Anyway, we were "promised" that new track in February dont forget so hopefully everyone will have forgotten about all this within 10 days and have something actually in GT6 to talk about.

I think it would be like the non-drivable cars for the main Career Mode in GT4, if it would be in the game.

I was fortunate to go and see the Vision GT Speed Boat and the Vision GT Benz. Here are some pictures that I had taken.
IMG_1761.JPG
IMG_1769.JPG
Heres a picture that I had taken that shows whats underneath the Vision GT Benz. It seems to have two extra wheels that are hidden under the car.
IMG_1746.JPG

Screw that, I for one am BEYOND DOWN to go drive the speedboat at Trial Mountain and catch that Loch-ness monster! It'd be like a time trial race =P

Inspired by? What a non-sensical concept. It's the same colour as the VGT AMG and other than that pretty much identical to all thier other boats.

What made me smirk is that the boat has a interior, whereas the car doesnt.

I was fortunate to go and see the Vision GT Speed Boat and the Vision GT Benz. Here are some pictures that I had taken. View attachment 116618View attachment 116619Heres a picture that I had taken that shows whats underneath the Vision GT Benz. It seems to have two extra wheels that are hidden under the car. View attachment 116623
Thats because its still just a box, its probably just a little motor block to move it around. Has no engine as of yet, which is why theres no spec or numbers.

Latest Posts

Back