What do you think PD will show at TGS?

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 579 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly just look at the marketing and openess of the GTA5 promotional material - and look at the week one sales. I rest my case.
PD are just too secretive, they're trying to hide something IMO

This tells me GT6 is nowhere near complete.... and will likely be a shambles at launch, and not review well...

GTA 5 back in July

In August

Last edited:
Also, I guess many simply can't comprehend that without major push to mainstream and casual, there would be no real commercial success for GT series. And without that, sales would plummet. And there will be no more Gran Turismo. And with death of Gran Turismo, driving genre would quickly come back where it was before Gran Turismo. But I guess many here are not old enough to remember that times.

Don't agree. I remember those times.

GT1 and GT2 didn't need this huge mainstream push to be a success, so I don't see why it needs it now all of a sudden. The game/franchise now has the momentum of a 100ft snowball at this point. So much so that I think a GT spin-off could release tomorrow and sell 5-million within two years with little more than word of mouth and social media.

Honestly just look at the marketing and openess of the GTA5 promotional material - and look at the week one sales. I rest my case.

This tells me GT6 is nowhere near complete.... and will likely be a shambles at launch, and not review well...

GTA 5 back in July

Are you really comparing two completely different games for two completely different audiences? Of course Rockstar are gonna be more open, they've pretty much make nothing but controversial games so they kinda have no choice.

Are you really comparing two completely different games for two completely different audiences? Of course Rockstar are gonna be more open, they've pretty much make nothing but controversial games so they kinda have no choice.

Not really IMO, The video obviously tells everything there is to know, regarding how GTA5 will play and how it all works. Features, new things and do, and others of that ilk. Sure you vaguely know GTA will be an open world sandbox game with a main story quest line, but the devils is in the details. Rockstar did exactly that, you know it's not going to be like GTA4.

So with GT6 we know there will be cars, and tracks, and some sort of course maker.
But tell me about the how career mode will go, will the weather system be improved and how will it work, which tracks will have it, show me the new features of the course maker and how it works, detail the tuning and the 7 post suspension system from KW Automotive. If there is a livery system, show it working - it is a major selling point after all. Go on about online multiplayer and community features which is supposed to be a point of emphasis for PD. etc etc

Last edited:

Max Payne and Midnight club are controversial games? Not even sure what being controversial has to do with it tbh

Midnight Club II is my all time favorite racing game in forever and I want to buy it off of the PSN, problem is that Amazon doesn't sell 10$ PSN card codes for some stupid reason. That game was made by rockstar and isn't controversial, it was glorious (And hard :ouch:). The only games that rockstar makes that have amounted to controversy are Bully and GTA, maybe Red Dead.

What he's saying is that rockstar ran-down the basics of the gameplay from GTA V with one simple video. PD should do something similar before release as there is a lack of very important information that differentiates the game from GT5 beyond physics, tracks, UI, lighting, cars and the number 6 on the cover.

Last edited:
Won't remember it by that time, but sure. There's absolutely no way GT6 will sell 5m copies in one year. Maybe it could reach that point in three with the massive discounts that GT5 saw, not in one.

Will enjoy that pink chrome deltawing so much.

I'll remember it. I have a couple of bets already and I have the links in a separate file:sly: So game on or no?

...great wall of great text...

Kind of what I've been trying to say, but not nearly as eloquently as you. Well done. 👍👍

One can only be secretive until the day of release so just wait until then and see what happens. All you are risking are the pre-order bonuses of a few cars and maybe some credits.

One can only be secretive until the day of release so just wait until then and see what happens. All you are risking are the pre-order bonuses of a few cars and maybe some credits.

Well, I'd like to preorder, and I'm sure Sony wants us all to as well.
So give me a reason to do so!

But dem blue cars :sly:

HNNNNNNNG :sly: :lol: :P

I'll eventually buy GT6 when I get the chance, it's still better than GT5 atleast and I can still have fun with the old racing series from GTP with GT6 as most will eventually transition into GT6.

Also, Dat Ford GT40, Stratos, Daytona Coupe, Huayra and Viper :drool:

Well, I'd like to preorder, and I'm sure Sony wants us all to as well.
So give me a reason to do so!

It's not just the pre order,it's a reason to hold on to my 7 year old console with wishful thinking that a game developer that isn't talking much about game features will somehow provide me with a game that will blow my mind.

You never know guys, maybe they are being secretive for 2 reasons.
1) The werent secretive with gt5, telling us tonnes of different planed features. when it came out, basically none of them where in the game. maybe they are just trying not to break tonnes of promises by not giving any.
2) maybe they have a massive surprise install for us, and they want us to find ot for ourselves!

Max Payne and Midnight club are controversial games? Not even sure what being controversial has to do with it tbh

Let me rephrase that: As of late (to my knowledge anyway), Rockstar have produced mostly controversial games from Manhunt to GTA V.

As for what being controversial has to do with anything, I bring that up because it repeatidly put the spotlight on them so by default they have far more attention on them.

sparkytooth
Midnight Club II is my all time favorite racing game in forever and I want to buy it off of the PSN, problem is that Amazon doesn't sell 10$ PSN card codes for some stupid reason. That game was made by rockstar and isn't controversial, it was glorious (And hard :ouch:). The only games that rockstar makes that have amounted to controversy are Bully and GTA, maybe Red Dead.

What he's saying is that rockstar ran-down the BASICS OF GAMEPLAY from GTA V with one simple video. PD should do something similar before release as there is a lack of very important information that differentiates the game from GT5 beyond physics, tracks, UI, lighting, cars and the number 6 on the cover.

Arent physics, tracks, UI, graphics, cars,etc. The basics of gameplay? For a racing game at least. Grand theft also has characters, storyline, etc. to showcase, but those have to be ruled out when comparing.

Theres about 2 months before black friday. Plenty of time for more info before the major buying season. Whats the rush?

Arent physics, tracks, UI, graphics, cars,etc. The basics of gameplay? For a racing game at least. Grand theft also has characters, storyline, etc. to showcase, but those have to be ruled out when comparing.
Don't forget progression and stuff like the Coca Cola formula Livery Editor and Course Maker, the GPS thingy that has rarely been talked about and the scope of the Online Community, they're supposed to be improvements over GT5 as well as the Cars, physics, UI and tracks.

We roughly know that the XP system was eliminated.

Last edited:
To me, it's not about knowing every detail of the game possible, it's about Kaz giving straight answers and confidence. It's worrying that 3 years after GT5, some of the main flaws from that game are still carrying on to GT6 and all we get for an answer is "maybe".

First of all, this whole "GT6 on PS3" is a pretty bizarre strategy and Sony/PD were confident enough to do it this way, but as time passes by you start to realize that it's not a great idea, (from a bussiness perspective, it is so good for Sony) and it seems that Kaz knows this but he just can't face reality, he avoids it and to be honest he just doesn't seem excited for his game anymore.

You watch Dan and T10 interviews and they look happy and excited for their game, it's like they want to show it to you and see your reaction. Kind of like when you ask a friend to come over to show him/her the amazing new game that you just bought.

I don't know. Maybe I am too old to understand some complaining, but sometimes I think many do not understand how modern marketing and gaming-industry works.

Also, I guess many simply can't comprehend that without major push to mainstream and casual, there would be no real commercial success for GT series. And without that, sales would plummet. And there will be no more Gran Turismo. And with death of Gran Turismo, driving genre would quickly come back where it was before Gran Turismo. But I guess many here are not old enough to remember that times.

Of all companies and people I think Kaz is not interested in the marketing/gaming industry, commercial success targets. Other than those that enable him to make the kind of game he would like to make.
But If his budget collapsed to that of a small indy developer, it would still make the best racing game on the Playstation. It would drive as a simulator, but just have cheap, low intensive graphics, and I think he would still be happy to have GT fans buying and enjoying the game.

If he left Polyphony Digital. Invested $200,000 into a PSN driving sim. I guess it would be extremely popular.

80% of all statistics are made up, and I think I know which group that one falls into...:rolleyes:
Liberals. ;) Seriously.

You watch Dan and T10 interviews and they look happy and excited for their game, it's like they want to show it to you and see your reaction. Kind of like when you ask a friend to come over to show him/her the amazing new game that you just bought.
Dude, they have to be enthusiastic and make it sound like if you don't buy Forza 5 with The ONE that you're the Loser of All Time missing out on Heaven in a racing game. They know that the XBone is looking about as popular as the GameCube right now, and what's going to push sales of it are the diehard fans of their exclusives; Halo, GEARS! and Forza. Sure, some casuals will buy the black shiny new box, but MS is really nervous about the numbers in the first few months. Gaming enthusiasm has swung decisively in SONY's direction, at least for now.

But Kaz not enthused about GT6? Sure, Dr Phibes, if you say so.

In my estimation, they very much are. First, they're locked in a cold war with Turn 10/MS. Second, they're probably still skirting deadlines, working like mad to get certain crucial features working on the master version they send to the Blu-Ray pressing plants, as well as those ready for the Day One mega-download. PD has been seeing a massive grouch campaign among a well defined group here and other places around the nets. Announcing some massive feature that might slip would just give ammunition to the spitemongers. They don't need that.

Yes, these are all in my opinion, but I think we've had enough experience stumbling around the napalm posts scattered everywhere here to see how likely this is to be true.

I will have to add that I'm just not getting all the hysterectomies over not knowing a lot of details about a game just a bit more than two months from release. Maybe I'm the weirdo who avoids trailers for movies and video games - other than Gran Turismo - so that I can be surprised by everything in the game or movie. Except that this time it is Gran Turismo, though not by my choice.

Still, I'm used to it from everything else, so I guess I'm just not that fussed about it. In fact, if I learn nothing before release, I'm sure I'll be even more thrilled than most of you by what I get to experience on Day One. For the thousands of grumpy gusses who aren't sure they'll buy GT6, I have feeling neither Kaz, PD or SONY will notice any difference.

And finally, I associate myself with remarks by amar212 made some moments ago.

Theres about 2 months before black friday. Plenty of time for more info before the major buying season. Whats the rush?

What does Black Friday have to do with the release of GT6:confused: It's an American phenomenon to begin with, and it happens before the release of GT6 anyway, so it can't be sold on that day.

What does Black Friday have to do with the release of GT6:confused: It's an American phenomenon to begin with, and it happens before the release of GT6 anyway, so it can't be sold on that day.

Pre-orders happen on black friday bud. Its the largest shopping day in the North America, which is the biggest market for the PS3.

Speaking of pre-ordering, if I want to get the 15th Anniversary Edition, is there a final date for that?

I'd like to know, because I'd like to know more about the game before pre-ordering.

Pre-orders happen on black friday bud. Its the largest shopping day in the North America, which is the biggest market for the PS3.

GT6 is not PS3 my friend, and N. America is not even close to the biggest market for GT6.

Speaking of pre-ordering, if I want to get the 15th Anniversary Edition, is there a final date for that?

I'd like to know, because I'd like to know more about the game before pre-ordering.

Probably just going to be whenever the preorder allotment runs out.

I'm still baffled. I mean, this is their gaming convention and nothing was revealed? It's a little scary, to be honest.

Maybe they're behind and playing another game of catch up. Regardless, nobody saw this coming.

I'm still baffled. I mean, this is their gaming convention and nothing was revealed? It's a little scary, to be honest. Maybe they're behind and playing another game of catch up. Regardless, nobody saw this coming.

I fear this big day one patch is to prevent a delay. People who do not have internet, for whatever reason they may have, are SCREWED!

Well The cars are nice, and is one reason I would want to preorder the Special version, but I need more info as to wether GT6 is worth paying more money up front, on the day of release, or wait till the price drop a few months later - ie when it hits spec 2 or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back