Two new rounds of time trials have just been unlocked in the free GT Academy 2012 mini-game, just as participants log nearly 50 million miles driven in the simulator. Here’s a closer look at the new challenges:
Round 5 – Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (GT Academy) ’02
- High-Speed S Curves with Steep Elevation
- Continuous Hairpin Corners with Steep Elevation
- Spa-Francorchamps, ‘Pouhon’
- Suzuka Circuit, ‘Degner Curve’
- Series of Corners at Dusk, Low Visibility
Round 6 – GT-R Black edition (GT Academy) ’12
- Nürburgring, ‘Pflanzgarten’
- Sections with Rapid Elevation Changes
- Top Gear Test Track, ‘Hammerhead’
- Downhill S Curve
- Sarthe at Night, ‘Hunaudieres’
Round 7 and the all-important Round 8 (whose final time-trial challenge will determine which participants move on to their respective national finals) will be available on June 10. Round 8 is also, of course, expected to reveal Polyphony Digital’s latest rendition of the Twin Ring Motegi circuit.
As previously announced, prizes awarded in the GT Academy mini-game will be made available in Gran Turismo 5 on July 4.
For now, visit our GT Academy 2012 Forum for more analysis and discussion with your fellow competitors!
GT5 Photomode image by Des Foley.