2014 Fantasy Formula 1: A Champion Is Crowned

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 746 comments
Confusing I had 3 CPs then used 2, then 1 (none left); Am I missing out on using a cp for Russia GP :dunce:

I can't remember if I picked the winner for Sochi?

With no CPs for a double points race in Abu Dabi why should I bother picking the last race? :irked:

I have not had a good year in fantasy F1 2014 :crazy:

Kind of a 'Sebastien Vettel' year :mischievous:

Here is how the constructor finishing position will be determined using the Brazil results as an example.​

I think I should have one CP left with picking Hamilton in the race before as well.

Confusing I had 3 CPs then used 2, then 1 (none left); Am I missing out on using a cp for Russia GP :dunce:

With no CPs for a double points race in Abu Dabi why should I bother picking the last race? :irked:

We don't get an additional CP for picking race winners, and I don't believe we'll get double points for Abu Dhabi.

You think you've had a bad year? :P

@Justin how does second place still have 2 CP? They had two after the U.S. GP though they selected Hamilton as one of their choices and still have 2 after selecting Hamilton in Brazil...

EDIT: And now I see they themselves were honest about it too and said the same thing as I have.

I have a feeling everyone will pick the same, CP's permitting.
@Justin If this format is how you want to do next year, maybe keep the 3 drivers and just add the constructor pick? I assume constructor picks would be limited by the CP rule?

I have a feeling everyone will pick the same, CP's permitting.
@Justin If this format is how you want to do next year, maybe keep the 3 drivers and just add the constructor pick? I assume constructor picks would be limited by the CP rule?

Consecutive Picks will cease to exist after Abu Dhabi.:sly:

Is there a pick form for Abu Dhabi this weekend?

CP's be darned! My picks are Hamilton to win, Nico to finish 2nd and the Finn, Bottas to finish 3rd :)

Congratulations to @LMSCorvetteGT2 for taking home the title for the (Condensed) 2014 season!

Finale!!!.JPG

Constructor finishing order:
FinaleTeams.JPG

Now for some more information on how 2015 will be ran:

• As has already been announced, next year will be the same format that was used for the Abu Dhabi round, using 2 drivers and 1 constructor. A major part of the new format will debut with the new season and that is only being able to select one driver that finished on the podium at the previous round. You may select any constructor you like though.
  • Another part is the removing of Consecutive Picks, these will be replaced by "Extra Podium Selections" which will do exactly what they sound like, allow you to pick 2 drivers that finished on the podium at the last race. I'm not sure how many I will give everyone, however I'm leaning towards 4-6 with opportunities to earn more at the triple-crown races.
  • Bonus points for selecting prior to practice and qualifying sessions will return.

I would also like to thank all those that participated in the shortened season.​

Thanks for managing to climb out of the black hole you got sucked into to come back. Looking forward to next year 👍

After some thought and internal arguing I have decided that I will not be running this competition in 2015. This is mostly because I just can't get excited about F1 anymore no matter how hard I try.

I'm making this announcement now in case someone else would like to take it over.

After some thought and internal arguing I have decided that I will not be running this competition in 2015. This is mostly because I just can't get excited about F1 anymore no matter how hard I try.

I'm making this announcement now in case someone else would like to take it over.

I'll take it over...if the people will play by my rules :sly:

I'm actually serious too.:grumpy:

EDIT:
So I'm guessing with the likes I'm getting that people want me to do it?

Last edited:
Only just realised that myself, I've been wondering who he was too. :lol: :dunce:

Anyway, glad to see that Fantasy F1 will back for this year. @LMSCorvetteGT2 Count me in, looking forward it. 👍

I follow the Daily Justin Blog (joking), but anyways yeah I'm just following a few things since we still don't know the manor driver(s) or if VGD will be racing for Sauber...already a crazy start to the F1 Circus.

Back