2014 Fantasy Formula 1: A Champion Is Crowned

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 746 comments
Awards:
  • In the event of a tie for a trophy, the highest person will receive the award.
12944247454_9325969e6e_o.jpg

Juan Manuel Fangio Trophy

Awarded to the season points champion.
Prize:
1 Year :gtplanet: Premium Membership
6 Consecutive Picks towards 2015
Previous Winners:
- Magpie1997
2012 - Furinkazen
2011 - Stiggy
2010 - ROAD_DOGG33J

12943844595_c6391f721f_o.jpg

Ayrton Senna Trophy

Awarded to the participant that scores the most points over the final five races.
Prize:
4 Consecutive Picks Towards 2015
Previous Winners:
- NissanSkylineN1
2012 - Furinkazen
2011 - ROAD_DOGG33J
2010 - Stiggy

12944248004_0e20f32e61_o.jpg

Graham Hill Trophy

Awarded to the participant that succesfully completes the Triple Crown.
Prize:
1 year :gtplanet: Premium Membership
Previous Winners:
- Furinkazen

12944247544_ea1b6b1693_o.jpg

Alberto Ascari Trophy

Awarded to the participant that selected the most winners in a season.
Prize:
2 Consecutive Picks twowards 2015
Previous Winners:
- Justin (19)
2012 - ROAD_DOGG33J (18)
2011 - That90sGuy, Touring Mars (13)
2010 - Ian Poole (12)

12943844845_58da863192_o.jpg

Schumacher Trophy
2014 Standings
Awarded to the participant who had the most rounds with the most points in a season.
Prize:
2 Consecutive Picks towards 2015
Previous Winners:
- DK (3)
2012 - Akmuq, Beeblebrox237, ROAD_DOGG33J, Tom. (5)
2011 - Justin (4)
2010 - Peterram430 (5)

Most Selected Driver:
2013 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull-Renault)
2012 - Lewis Hamilton (McLaren-Mercedes)
2011 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull-Renault)
2010 - Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull-Renault)

Most Selected Constructor
- Red Bull-Renault
2012 - McLaren-Mercedes
2011 - Red Bull-Renault
2010 - Red Bull-Renault

Links:
2014 FIA Formula 1 Schedule
Fantasy Formula 1 Stats
Constructor Selection Stats
Driver Selection Stats
2013 Fantasy Formula 1
2012 Fantasy Formula 1
2011 Fantasy Formula 1
2010 Fantasy Formula 1

Last edited:
I'm back in this time. Alonso and the Mercs are my choices.

Would it be possible to organise the choices in team order, not numbers, as it is pretty confusing at the moment.
Also will you be awarding double points for Abu Dhabi, or are you taking the non-stupid stance and not bothering?

Would it be possible to organise the choices in team order, not numbers, as it is pretty confusing at the moment.

Done.👍

Also will you be awarding double points for Abu Dhabi, or are you taking the non-stupid stance and not bothering?

The only thing being doubled this year are CP's during triple crown races.:cheers:

1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Nico Rosberg
3. Fernando Alonzo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I like this tread not only because of the Fantasy, but it's also a place were a handful of us can talk F1 in general. The F1 tread moves too quickly to keep up with it, plus it's a new tread every race. :kickingrocks:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways going to look around for some good 2014 F1 YouTube Tapes that I've seen that are worth watching :sly:👍

Last edited:
I had awards? :eek:

Just this once I am waiting until Quali in Melbourne. I think it's foolish to pick otherwise though I think a Mclaren and Williams will figure in mine.

I had awards? :eek:

Just this once I am waiting until Quali in Melbourne. I think it's foolish to pick otherwise though I think a Mclaren and Williams will figure in mine.
Well only Mercedes and Williams went as fast as 33's or 32's so that help my early picks out a bit, The Ferrari where next in line with a pace of 1 or 2 seconds off the Mercedes & Williams pace and Kimi had more problems than Alonzo so that eliminates him in my book. With that being said this 1st round pick was easy because the Renaults my not even last and I have a hard time believing even with race winning pace that Williams is going to come in round 1 and take a win. The hardest pick was Kimi vs Alonzo only because Kimi doesn't wreck, but Alonzo also doesn't wreck a lot either. I will say this 1st round based off Winter Testing looks like a deck of cards this time around I honestly have no idea what going to happen this opening round other than Mercedes should take off without looking back, and Williams fighting thru or fighting off competitors for a podium if not a Top 5 finish.

-This is just my guess at this point in time,.

I'm in again, looking to defend my top 10 position from last year. Picking will be more of a lottery this year with mechanical failures potentially causing chaos. Should be an interesting year.

On a personal note, I'm hoping to have a much better first half than last year, with my second half form I could have been fighting the top 5 instead of sneaking into the top 10.

I'm in again, looking to defend my top 10 position from last year. Picking will be more of a lottery this year with mechanical failures potentially causing chaos. Should be an interesting year.

On a personal note, I'm hoping to have a much better first half than last year, with my second half form I could have been fighting the top 5 instead of sneaking into the top 10.
Good point with the breakdowns, that's 1 thing that can change up F1's finishing order!

Whoa, I had no idea I won the Schumacher Trophy last season.

My picks are Rosberg, Button and Hulkenberg.

To all you guys waiting until Q3, remember that you can change. Make a pick now, and change it if you want. If you make a decision and find you don't want to swap it, then you'll get a few more points.

I'm in this season with the possibility of it being more open and fun to watch.
Last season was boring even by F1 standards.
Should be good this time though.
Button,Hamilton,Alonso before Quali for me.

My pre-practice selections.

6- Nico Rosberg
22- Jenson Button
44- Lewis Hamilton

I was tempted to go for Vettel, but don't see it being worth the risk until they show they can last a whole race.

My pre-practice selections.

6- Nico Rosberg
22- Jenson Button
44- Lewis Hamilton

I was tempted to go for Vettel, but don't see it being worth the risk until they show they can last a whole race.

That's how I feel about Massa & Team Williams F1. Need to see some results 1st, but I hope the hype is real. Need all the good looking cars to the front anyways, and the ugly ones to the back. I believe Caterham is the ugliest 1 on track I've seen at the moment!

To all you guys waiting until Q3, remember that you can change. Make a pick now, and change it if you want. If you make a decision and find you don't want to swap it, then you'll get a few more points.

You have a point. Button, Hamilton, Alonso.

This one is hard to tell

Going for Hamilton, Rosberg and Button :)

"Three shall be the number of drivers selected and the number of selected drivers shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out."

I laughed for a minute because of that :lol:

The extended forecast for race day is:
  • W 32 km/h
  • Gusts: 76 km/h
A thick cloud cover, windy and cooler with showers

My picks are pretty good rain meisters :cool::sly:

Which Team Principal knows how to pit strategy the best for changing conditions which Albert park demands? The scariest thing about Albert Park imo is when it rains hard and they have to drive on the parallel white lines at +150mph in the draw out S section,.

Last edited:
The extended forecast for race day is:
  • W 32 km/h
  • Gusts: 76 km/h
A thick cloud cover, windy and cooler with showers

My picks are pretty good rain meisters :cool::sly:
So we're not going to find out who's fastest till next GP? But Malaysia is also a wet one.:sly:

It is pretty hard considering how even almost all the teams did in the pre-season testing: Mercedes, Williams, McLaren, Ferrari, Force India and Sauber

guys its totally gonna be hamilton, rosberg, bottas
I know Bottas hasn't had a good ride yet, but he is one of the drivers I didn't get to follow coming up the ranks so I'm still skeptical about his potential pace. Massa on the other hand is used to running up front and I expect him to deliver for Williams if the pace is real. Williams & Mercedes does sound way better than William's & Cosworth or Williams & Toyota, etc,..

Back