2019 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

• Thread starter Veinz
  • 156 comments
Gut wrenching for Leclerc!!! It was a solid weekend for him until the engine problem. But it's as the saying goes in racing, in order to win, you have to finish and to finish you have to have a good car.

With that being said, class act from Lewis, he shows yet again why he is a 5 time world champion. Consistency and making sure he's at the right place, right time and making all the right moves. Meanwhile, Vettel buckled under the pressure yet again...he's going to make that "spin" a trademark move if he keeps it up.

My honest opinion in this championship is that it’ll be a 3 way fight between the Mercs and LeClerc. Vettel always starts well and ends poorly and with a slow start like this, I don’t see him as a threat

I actually felt sickened and pissed of with F1 when i heard Lecrec on the radio. All my sports and teams i follow in the last few years something always a goes wrong. Its been tough watching F1 over the last decade, i was getting annoyed every time i saw DRS deployed especially watching it on replay thinking its just a let me passed button. Then that happens with Lecrec. I have never actually been this pissed off with an incident in F1. Feel like i just wasted 4 hours of my life.

It's becoming his signature move.

"I will try spinning that's a good trick"-Sebastian Vettel

I actually felt sickened and pissed of with F1 when i heard Lecrec on the radio. All my sports and teams i follow in the last few years something always a goes wrong. Its been tough watching F1 over the last decade, i was getting annoyed every time i saw DRS deployed especially watching it on replay thinking its just a let me passed button. Then that happens with Lecrec. I have never actually been this pissed off with an incident in F1. Feel like i just wasted 4 hours of my life.

When that team radio came on i was in shock,it all sounded like a mercedes fanfiction but it happened,so frustrating for LeClerc but im sure he will have other chances.What im worried right now is what will happen with renault.

"I will try spinning that's a good trick"-Sebastian Vettel

When that team radio came on i was in shock,it all sounded like a mercedes fanfiction but it happened,so frustrating for LeClerc but im sure he will have other chances.What im worried right now is what will happen with renault.

F1 really needs a title winner by a car not called Mercedes (at least i do anyway). Vettel's stock has gone down so so much in the last year. I reckon Ferrari will ofload at the end of the season if he doesnt show any character.
Neat.

D2__9UjW0AA4xNl.jpg:large
This is what 88MPH in real life looks like.

Ok then.

Vettel. You got owned by someone with less than half the experience all weekend. That's not even including your stupid error.
Hamilton, Verstappen and Bottas. Meh, nothing great, nothing awful.
Leclerc. You deserved that win, fate is so cruel. Bottled the start but made up for it.
Grosjean out as usual.. Why do they still hire him?
Gasly.... Seriously your driving is embarrassingly slow. What's wrong with you? If he is't replaced by Spain then it's only because they have no one else.

Vettel is a complete shell of his former self. It's like he's taken Raikkonen's spot in the team or even had Maldonado invade his body. He has a lot of work to do to even just return to form. Hamilton will absolutely destroy him in this current state, let alone his teammate in the same car.

Am I the only one who find Rosberg extremely annoying as a character on the "side line"??

F1 really needs a title winner by a car not called Mercedes (at least i do anyway). Vettel's stock has gone down so so much in the last year. I reckon Ferrari will ofload at the end of the season if he doesnt show any character.

I disagree with that statement. I can't speak for the whole of F1 but I have absolutely no problem seeing Mercedes in front because they haven't been in the sport that long as a work team. I don't find it fair for them to be be disliked or hated because they've done a much better job than everyone else and are consistently winning races. Challenging the likes of Ferrari who you could say practically OWNS F1 since they've been there from the start is interesting for me to watch. Even with their pedigree, they just keep coming up short and badly underperforming seasons after seasons regardless if it is their driver's fault, reliability issues or bad strategic calls.

As for Vettel, I highly doubt they would replace him regardless of where he finishes the season. He might no longer be their #1 driver but they will not replace him. And even if they did, I can't think of any other driver they would go after besides Hamilton and I don't see that happening either.

Am I the only one who find Rosberg extremely annoying as a character on the "side line"??

I disagree with that statement. I can't speak for the whole of F1 but I have absolutely no problem seeing Mercedes in front because they haven't been in the sport that long as a work team. I don't find it fair for them to be be disliked or hated because they've done a much better job than everyone else and are consistently winning races. Challenging the likes of Ferrari who you could say practically OWNS F1 since they've been there from the start is interesting for me to watch. Even with their pedigree, they just keep coming up short and badly underperforming seasons after seasons regardless if it is their driver's fault, reliability issues or bad strategic calls.
The same team winning year after year is not good for any sport. Last season at least was competitive for most of the season, though one team was best all weekend then the other team was best all weekend the next round, rather than being close all weekend. As the season goes on (especially over the last 8 years) i lose interest in watching the live race and just watch the start of the races then flick over every now and then or just catch highlights. Some times i just think ah **** it cant be bothered to turn the TV and i will do something else. That's not good if a long time die hard F1 fan is doing that. I dont want to feel like i'm watching the same movie over and over again. I really really detest DRS too.
As for Vettel, I highly doubt they would replace him regardless of where he finishes the season. He might no longer be their #1 driver but they will not replace him. And even if they did, I can't think of any other driver they would go after besides Hamilton and I don't see that happening either.
This is why imo Daniel Ricciardo decided to leave Redbull and take a big step down. I reckon he was hoping a seat will open up at Ferrari in a year. We shall see. I will say though if Vettel cannot pull himself together and show what steel he's made of then that wont be good for the team to have someone who cant raise their spirits.

Was there any mention of the cause of simultaneous failures for Renault or if they were related?
I would post the Renault press statement, but it would breach the AUP.

-

Delighted to see Norris doing so well - encouraging signs that McLaren are finally on their way back.

Needless to say, today has been a total disaster for Ferrari - they simply cannot afford to throw away what should have been a solid 1-2 and end up handing the race to Mercedes. However, their pace this weekend is really impressive and I just hope they can keep the whole act together to present Mercedes with a challenge - it's already well beyond time that F1 became more than a two-horse/one-team race. Unfortunately, outside of Ferrari, the competition is still looking pretty weak.

The same team winning year after year is not good for any sport. Last season at least was competitive for most of the season, though one team was best all weekend then the other team was best all weekend the next round, rather than being close all weekend. As the season goes on (especially over the last 8 years) i lose interest in watching the live race and just watch the start of the races then flick over every now and then or just catch highlights. Some times i just think ah **** it cant be bothered to turn the TV and i will do something else. That's not good if a long time die hard F1 fan is doing that. I dont want to feel like i'm watching the same movie over and over again. I really really detest DRS too.

That, I will not disagree with. Having the same team winning over and over is not good for the the sport. While I haven't been a fan of F1 that long as I started to really get into at the end of 2011 season, I felt that way watching Vettel and Red Bull winning races after races leaving everyone else in the dust. Then I looked at the history of the sport and it seems like it's been the case every time there's been a major overhaul in the regulations and one team always benefits until the said regulations change again. From my perspective, I think racing in more places like Bahrain where drivers can overtake with or without DRS and a more leveled playfield where budget is not such a big factor and the drivers are what truly makes the difference are what the sport needs.

This is why imo Daniel Ricciardo decided to leave Redbull and take a big step down. I reckon he was hoping a seat will open up at Ferrari in a year. We shall see. I will say though if Vettel cannot pull himself together and show what steel he's made of then that wont be good for the team to have someone who cant raise their spirits.

I'm a bit on the fence about Vettel. It's already been said on this thread, he's looking more and more like a shell of his former self from his Red Bull glory days so I don't know. I still think he is an impressive driver and I have a lot of respect for his skills but maybe he needs a bit of that "Rosberg & Bottas soul searching" :lol:. As for the Ricciardo, only time will tell. I'd like to see him his move pay off with Renault because he is one of my favorite drivers...so we'll see.

Man, i feel terrible for Leclerc! It's not fair. Dominating quality and the race like that to have a battery fail 10 laps from the end its heartbreaking but he definitely proved he has huge talent, he'll be happy soon.

Ok then.

Vettel. You got owned by someone with less than half the experience all weekend. That's not even including your stupid error.
Hamilton, Verstappen and Bottas. Meh, nothing great, nothing awful.
Leclerc. You deserved that win, fate is so cruel. Bottled the start but made up for it.
Grosjean out as usual.. Why do they still hire him?
Gasly.... Seriously your driving is embarrassingly slow. What's wrong with you? If he is't replaced by Spain then it's only because they have no one else.
I kept an eye on Gasly from start to finish and he made a solid race with good pace, full of overtakes, despite a weird strategy (RBR let him out on worn tires for way too long) and a failed pit stop that costed him two places at that moment. I'm yet to be convinced by him over the previous years, but don't be unfair.
Hamilton did only good stuff on this race...
Also, Grosjean doesn't control Stroll's hands.

Back