2019 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by MikeV27, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Dotini

Dotini Premium

That was a very interesting and dramatic race for a welcome change. Indeed too bad about Ferrari's reliability trouble both under the bonnet and in the seat.

I was pleased to see real power from the Renault units, particularly from the McLaren. Very puzzling the simultaneous retirement of the Renault factory the cars.

Red Bull seems gelded with one car stuck at the head of the midfield with the other buried within it.

Edit: Mind-boggling pass of Norris over Gasly.

Okay, it's linked here:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    mustafur and EDK like this.
  2. GroupB

GroupB Premium

Quakebass, Spitfire77 and axletramp like this.
  3. HenrySwanson

HenrySwanson

What a race!

And the Saturday f2 one wasn't bad either. Interested to see what happened with Mick Schumacher on Sunday so will have to hunt for highlights

4. Spitfire77

Spitfire77

I hope Ferrari backs Leclerc after this race and starts telling Vettel to let him pass. Until shown otherwise, Leclerc is the faster and more reliable driver for this season. It is in the best interest of Ferrari to let him lead. (stating this not personally knowing of any behind the scene business)

Not to mention, how could you not just like Charles? I know it is all a show but from what I have seen so far, he is generally a better face for the team.

5. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

I think there are plenty of times when we see a driver's true character, particularly in times of stress. I'd say Leclerc has had a few of those times already and he carries himself very well. Mostly a show, sure, but not always (imo).

Spitfire77 likes this.
  6. Betty blue

Betty blue

Nonsense. There has been only two rounds, and each round one of them was faster. You don't know what set ups both were having and whether the other car got it wrong or not. Also, Hamilton was almost 20sec behind Bottas in the first race, and now it's the other way around.

I actually blame the "hate" campaigns against Sebastian led by the British media .

MikeV27, PeterJB and Turbotwin01 like this.
  7. Spitfire77

Spitfire77

I don't hate Seb but I do agree Sky sports pushes who they like often, but its UK media right? Sorry for my ignorance I am from the states.

Hamilton's car was damaged, at least that was the report. I do not think Botas is better than Hamilton, if I was making the comment for Merc I would say most often tell Botas to let Hami by.

Ok yeah maybe I have a bit of bias for Charles but w/e its all in good sport. I generally never like a team to tell the faster driver to hang back. If it was the other way around and Charles was holding up Seb, I would want them to tell Charles to let Seb by. Seb is obviously amazing at what he does, but didn't Ferrari also tell Charles to hang back in the first race? I don't actually think Seb was faster in Australia.