2021 Formula 1 Calendar threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 364 comments
I'm not counting on seeing the Friday on Zandvoort live. There's no chance in hell that they'll allow 100000+ people each day onto the circuit.
A lot of these races are going to be TBA. Azerbaijan, Monaco, China and Singapore would surprise me if they occur at all.

I am very happy for two reasons:

1) the race in Vietnam is taken out.
2) The Castellet (Paul Ricard) race in France is happening in late June, the perfect ideal condition there... And hopefully I can also make it there...

Spoke with the COTA staff while there this weekend about buying tickets; not officially on sale yet due to the current climate & F1 calendar, but expecting a sell-out. Lots of 2020 holders never refunded, so they'll get first access to "re-purchase" their tickets. After that, if you place a non-refundable deposit, you'll get next dibs on tickets before full public access.

Ended up doing that since the deposit goes towards the ticket price anyway, & I'm betting GA will sell out fast. Deposit is also a safe-guard; should something manage to cancel the race, the deposit carries over to 2022 & your admission remains.

Last edited:
Spoke with the COTA staff while there this weekend about buying tickets; not officially on sale yet due to the current climate & F1 calendar, but expecting a sell-out. Lots of 2020 holders never refunded, so they'll get first access to "re-purchase" their tickets. After that, if you place a non-refundable deposit, you'll get next dibs on tickets before full public access.

Ended up doing that since the deposit goes towards the ticket price anyway, & I'm betting GA will sell out fast. Deposit is also a safe-guard; should something manage to cancel the race, the deposit carries over to 2022 & your admission remains.

Are tickets reasonable? Austin isn't too far of a drive from Kansas City

Are tickets reasonable? Austin isn't too far of a drive from Kansas City
A single-day GA is probably pretty reasonable, 3-day GA is likely around $100-120. In 2019, I paid around $150 for the Haas Experience which was just a 3-day GA ticket with extra access to the Haas section (grassy hill by Turn 19) with a quick autograph session with the drivers & a couple souvenirs.

However, the deposit was a minimum $150 up so you could pick & purchase a seat before the public. If GA & sitting in the grass is okay with you (which it is for basically everywhere but Turn 1), I wouldn't place a deposit; you're likely going to only be given the option of putting your $150 towards the bleachers/grand stands.

I would also advise you start putting in your search for hotels or lodging. All the hotel chains in Austin have either already placed their F1 tax on the October dates, or will when those dates become available. Prepare to shell out $300/night minimum at a main hotel chain. The hotel I stayed at the airport this past weekend was under $200/2 nights; it will run me $800 during Formula 1. If you're willing to travel 45-60 minutes out, you can find much cheaper accommodations.

Last edited:
A single-day GA is probably pretty reasonable, 3-day GA is likely around $100-120. In 2019, I paid around $150 for the Haas Experience which was just a 3-day GA ticket with extra access to the Haas section (grassy hill by Turn 19) with a quick autograph session with the drivers & a couple souvenirs.

However, the deposit was a minimum $150 up so you could pick & purchase a seat before the public. If GA & sitting in the grass is okay with you (which it is for basically everywhere but Turn 1), I wouldn't place a deposit; you're likely going to only be given the option of putting your $150 towards the bleachers/grand stands.

I would also advise you start putting in your search for hotels or lodging. All the hotel chains in Austin have either already placed their F1 tax on the October dates, or will when those dates become available. Prepare to shell out $300/night minimum at a main hotel chain. The hotel I stayed at the airport this past weekend was under $200/2 nights; it will run me $800 during Formula 1. If you're willing to travel 45-60 minutes out, you can find much cheaper accommodations.

That's good information. Thanks man!

It looks like Portugal is going to be confirmed as round 3 of the 2021 calendar tomorrow. Portimao will be back on the calendar.

Good choice, it's a fantastic track and it showed that there can be epic racing on it. It's basically what Barcelona wishes it was. All they need to do to that track is shorten the DRS zone on the front straight by maybe 50m and add one between turns 4 and 5

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/portugal-vacant-slot-2021-f1-calendar/5373891/

It looks like Portugal is going to be confirmed as round 3 of the 2021 calendar tomorrow. Portimao will be back on the calendar.

Good choice, it's a fantastic track and it showed that there can be epic racing on it. It's basically what Barcelona wishes it was. All they need to do to that track is shorten the DRS zone on the front straight by maybe 50m and add one between turns 4 and 5

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/portugal-vacant-slot-2021-f1-calendar/5373891/

Now confirmed. Great news, hope it becomes a regular.

With a shortened DRS, Portimão will be a fantastic race. The elevation and camber is exactly what F1 fans have been crying out for. It's ridiculous that it has taken these extraordinary circumstances to give an actually good track a chance instead of Dictatorland white elephants.

Can Interlagos go back to being the Brazilian GP now that Rio isn't going to happen?

The modifications to Albert Park have been revealed
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/albert-park-layout-2021-australian-gp/5416110/
image006-1.jpg

The whole track is being resurfaced, a few corner entries are being widened and cambers changed, but the main "headline" change is that the Turns 9/10 chicane is being removed, and the cars will instead follow the sweeping main road to the inside. It'll make the entry into T11/12 a lot faster.

Removal of the chicane is good news. I'm actually surprised that they've allowed it.

Removal of the chicane is good news. I'm actually surprised that they've allowed it.
It's going to look really strange when we see it for the first time.

Last edited:
What sports ground is inside Albert Park? There's one at turns 3-4. Don't think I've ever noticed it in 26 years...

What sports ground is inside Albert Park? There's one at turns 3-4. Don't think I've ever noticed it in 26 years...
That's South Melbourne Soccer Club, there is also Golf, Squash, Basketball, Bowls Futsal to name a few along with community ovals.

That’s been there the whole time Albert Park has hosted the Australian Grand Prix. Either way, you got me looking at the track on Google Maps and what’s even crazier to me is that in the off season the Turn 1 gravel trap is an Aussie Rules oval/cricket pitch.

I think the FIA will have to seriously think about hosting the Saudi Arabian GP after this incident

The missile was apparently headed for the podium ceremony at the 2nd round of the Diriyah Eprix.

I think the FIA will have to seriously think about hosting the Saudi Arabian GP after this incident

The missile was apparently headed for the podium ceremony at the 2nd round of the Diriyah Eprix.

They won't act until drivers are killed. Also, money >>>>> any ethics or morals.

Back in what you might consider the bad old days, Formula One wouldn't upgrade circuits until drivers died; Spa, Nürburgring, Hockenheimring, Jarama and countless others.

Now they're entertaining the idea of shuffling their feet on hosting races where a Grand Prix has a not-unrealistic chance of being subject of a horrific terrorist attack.

Back in what you might consider the bad old days, Formula One wouldn't upgrade circuits until drivers died; Spa, Nürburgring, Hockenheimring, Jarama and countless others.

Now they're entertaining the idea of shuffling their feet on hosting races where a Grand Prix has a not-unrealistic chance of being subject of a horrific terrorist attack.
Right. We want the right crowd, and no crowding. I say bring back Brooklands.

Back