2021 Formula 1 Calendar threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 364 comments
Bolsonaro thinks he can get a GP in Rio so that will become the Brasilian GP but... it seems unlikely.

Nice to see Interlagos staying though.

Last edited:
Good that the Brazil GP situation has been cleared up until 2025, it seemed to make no sense to go through the proposed plans for Rio but perhaps this will given F1 and the authorities there time to devise a different plan if they do want to move the GP location.

A new promoter has taken over the running of the race from Tamas Rohonyi, who has close ties to Formula 1’s former CEO Bernie Ecclestone. Brasil Motorsport, ultimately controlled by Abu Dhabi investment firm Mubadala, has taken charge and given Alan Adler the job of promoting the event.
More Abu Dhabi money coming into F1, you say? *shocked_pikachu.jpg*

If it keeps Interlagos from going bust, I'm not against it though.

It seems that the FIA are reducing the maximum race length to 3 hours. I haven't heard much mention of this before now, is it a new thing?

Seems a bit crap. In the event of conditions or an incident that cause a long red flag we'd be likely to see truncated races, wouldn't we?

EDIT: It seems that only a handful of races in the last ten years have run over 3 hours, maybe this isn't such a big deal.

Last edited:
It seems that the FIA are reducing the maximum race length to 3 hours. I haven't heard much mention of this before now, is it a new thing?

Seems a bit crap. In the event of conditions or an incident that cause a long red flag we'd be likely to see truncated races, wouldn't we?

EDIT: It seems that only a handful of races in the last ten years have run over 3 hours, maybe this isn't such a big deal.

Yeah, a delay of over an hour after lights out is actually pretty uncommon. Even Bahrain this year just squeezed under 3 hours. Brazil 2016 is the only one that would get cut since Canada 2011 I believe, and even then only one lap at most.

Last edited:
Barcelona circuit to use new Turn 10 layout after safety changes | F1 News | Autosport

Looks like next years Spanish GP will see even less overtaking. Even in other series T10 is one of the better overtaking spots and it looks like its changing to one of those Sochi style radius 90 degree corners, just too fast to out brake someone.

760342845b7827e96fa5166eff627eeb.jpg

Last edited:
Nobody overtakes into turn 10 anyway in F1. Nobody overtakes anywhere on that track to be honest, but the real problem at Barcelona is the last 4 corners, all of which are both awful to drive and impossible to follow through. Remove the chicane and make the final corner much tighter - 4th Gear at most - and then finally we might see overtaking actually happen at this race test track.

Barcelona sucks these days. It provides boring races and no overtaking. Its just a train. Might as well get rid of it honestly and we can just run Mugello again. I also hate driving through the last 4 corners, they suuuuuuuck.

Cataluña was pretty boring before they chopped the last corner but when they did that they stopped pretending even wanting an exciting race.

That last section kills any momentum a following car has going into the obvious last sweeper onto the long home straight.

Last edited:
Why is Bahrain 1 week after Melbourne yet there's a week off between Bahrain and China?

Definitely won't be the last either, vaccination rollout isn't going to be fast enough. 23 races was certainly more an ambitious hopeful than cast iron guaranteed.
Yeah it's a pretty optimistic target to be honest.

Good, australia is a boring race to watch anyway. Cancel it and bring in mugello or the alternate bahrain layout!
:grumpy:
Spare a thought for us Aussies mate, we don't want it cancelled.

Last edited:
Latest rumors of Motorsport Magazin are that China + Vietnam (that one already is) will be cancelled soon and replaced by imola and portimao.

Australien moves to 21st November and Brazil gets moved a week forward for a triple header with USA and Mexico. Saudi and Abu Dhabi will move to one week later.

I guess thats far from the final calender...

Last edited:
Correct decision moving Australia later in the year. Not worth risking an entire countries health for a sporting event. Probably inevitable considering the lead time it takes to construct the circuit anyway.

I doubt the teams would agree to the current quarantine arrangements, and I doubt Liberty Media would foot the bill for a quarantine program like Tennis Australia has done ahead of this month's Australian Open.

Last edited:
Can't see how Monaco or Azerbaijan will go ahead for similar reasons. Vaccine rollout isn't going to be anywhere near sufficient by then.

Last edited:
I'm not counting on seeing the Friday on Zandvoort live. There's no chance in hell that they'll allow 100000+ people each day onto the circuit.

Back