2021 Formula 1 Calendar threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 364 comments
Can’t wait

Hopefully, that Miami date sticks. Good time to visit my family, in Miami, on my birthday.

Last edited:
You know all these talk about sustainability are just marketing BS when they keep criscrossing the globe instead of doing the races continent by continent.

There's also been talks of teams having 2 groups of on track staff to reduce burnout, which goes against the whole cost cap idea.
Meanwhile, the cost cap will decrease while the number of races increases. Hey guys, we've got some ways you can decrease costs and add some financial stability for the teams.

Last edited:
skysports-f1-miami-circuit_5346668.jpg

I find it interesting that all the pushback to prevent this race seems to have just evaporated over the last few weeks, last I heard it was still pretty unpopular with the locals. Guess they finally lined enough pockets to get it forced through. Presumably they're still aiming for Indycar and NASCAR dates too, though I imagine Homestead is going to have something to say about that.

skysports-f1-miami-circuit_5346668.jpg

I find it interesting that all the pushback to prevent this race seems to have just evaporated over the last few weeks, last I heard it was still pretty unpopular with the locals. Guess they finally lined enough pockets to get it forced through. Presumably they're still aiming for Indycar and NASCAR dates too, though I imagine Homestead is going to have something to say about that.
IndyCar? That one is doable.

NASCAR? In my eyes they should be focusing on somehow getting the Daytona Road Course layout again on the schedule over going to Miami.

Dress code for Jeddah GP. Looking forward to seeing what Lewis and Seb will wear.
In the words of Kevin Keegan, I will love it if Hamilton, Vettel and other drivers intentionally violate the dress code, love it. See if they really have the balls to ban drivers from the event, thus jeopardising the race.

At its most extreme if all 20+ drivers, including test drivers, got banned from the event or expelled from the country, what're the organisers going to do? Kill Michael Marsi and Stefano Domenicali in the Turkish consulate? That'll really show how good their sportwashing is.

Last edited:
Not gonna happen. If they had any mentionable balls, they would have spoken out against that ******** as soon as it was mentioned.

Not gonna happen. If they had any mentionable balls, they would have spoken out against that ******** as soon as it was mentioned.
Indeed. They're all receiveing Saudi money, either directly or indirectly, the teams are going to all go along with it.

What gets me is they could have just as easily presented that from a practical standpoint to make it seem less of an enforcement, since having exposed skin in the glaring desert sun is not a good idea anyway.
NASCAR? In my eyes they should be focusing on somehow getting the Daytona Road Course layout again on the schedule over going to Miami.
I could see Miami maaaaaaybe getting on the Xfinity schedule in a few years. But at the same time I doubt they want to load up too many Florida dates, and certainly none of the existing races at Daytona and Homestead are ever getting cut.

What gets me is they could have just as easily presented that from a practical standpoint to make it seem less of an enforcement, since having exposed skin in the glaring desert sun is not a good idea anyway.
It's a night race lol

Meanwhile, the cost cap will decrease while the number of races increases. Hey guys, we've got some ways you can decrease costs and some financial stability for the teams.
The baseline cost cap is adjusted based on number of races. As I understand it, the base cost cap is currently based around a 21 race calendar, so with a 23 race calendar there will be a set increase per extra race of I believe $1.25 million. As the Concorde agreement that’s in place allows up to 25 races and the cost cap was designed at the time of a 21 race calendar.

Never driven a Formula 1 car but ok. When Wired look at motorsport movies for their Technique Critique series they got Patrick to review the F1 films and Ricciardo to review the NASCAR and IndyCar films.

So despite it being terrible, Sprint is un$urpri$ingly going to be kept, and extended to at least 7 events.

I mean we all knew the "It's a trial, we'll decide whether to keep it after that" was hokum but I expected them to be a little less transparent.

No Stefano, it has not.
In yet another shocking surprise, wider fan reception has now been published and it's not positive.

Over 167,000 fans responded to the Global F1 Fan Survey, details of which were published today. Just 6.7% agreed that the “introduction of sprint race has improved the show”.
Dominicali and Brawn keep claiming that the younger fans love it but failed to present any data.

Also this from someone who works for F1.

They'll probably get it done because we all know how loose they are with labour laws and rights there, but it's probably going to be like the first race in South Korea where there are unfinished buildings, shoddy finishing work and wet paint signs everywhere.

They'll probably get it done because we all know how loose they are with labour laws and rights there, but it's probably going to be like the first race in South Korea where there are unfinished buildings, shoddy finishing work and wet paint signs everywhere.

I saw some comments about how the track surface could affect the race because the tarmac won't be cured.

it's probably going to be like the first race in South Korea where there are unfinished buildings, shoddy finishing work and wet paint signs everywhere.
yup

yeo.jpg

that was 7 weeks before the first GP

Last edited:

If it does go ahead, it will be a complete farce. The track surface will break up, tyres will be ripped to shreds after 5 laps, the walls won't be safe enough and the pit buildings would barely pass the minimum standard. I am very concerned.

I saw some comments about how the track surface could affect the race because the tarmac won't be cured.
Yup, it's not going to be ideal. You really want the tarmac laid two months ahead. It shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as Turkey though, because the temps will be massively higher and no rain.

Back