A new update is coming 2018/09/26

I'm getting worried. I find myself using the 996 GT3 more than my beloved NSXR. The 996 is so awesome with my Cup spec. Sounds good, shifts good, brakes good, looks good in replays. The centre dash and MOMO, are heaven in the NSXR. The 996, has that virtual feel of a Porsche Cup car. It's addicting.
I feel exactly the same except the car is 997. I know it is a much newer car but it drives like heaven. I turned down the acc. LSD to 8 I think and put on Sport Softs... I don't know why but it reminds of those crazy fast Touge cars from Best Motoring, it just drives like no road car does in the game.

It happened to me too. I did two custom endurance events at Fuji GT and the ai started going real slow. It didn’t look like they took tyres or fuel in their pit stops when I had a look at a few of them in the replay. Unfortunately it looks like this latest update has broken custom endurance races. I have commented about this in the bug thread as have a few others. :(
I have some faith that will be corrected in October with that usual patch they launch everytime "post-big-update". Meanwhile everyone can troll with GR1 cars with a N100, it's the only thing positive that occurs me...

Really? I found the 2001 996 to be sluggish. Not very good at braking and understeers compared to more modern Porsches. I dont blame it though since its one of the old model.

997 has dramatically improved handling so it's very manageable. 998 slightly improves it.
It might be because I'm slower when I arrive on the corners. I also break earlier with the 996 because it brakes less, but once in the corner, I like better the way it handles, more fun :) at least for my short experience on Fuji, I might change my mind next time I test :)

I havent had a huge deal of wheel time in the 996 and the 997... obviously a HEAP in the current 992...

The 997 to me feels closer to the 992... the same unburstable solid crushing performance. Its almost boring how competant it is. Its a race winner, probably as far as N600 to be honest, given upgrades.

The 996 is much more complex... you have to manage so much more. It feels like it shifts so much more, its more alive really. You have to work it much harder and be more precise, more smoother to win.

I actually really like it over the 997/992 - there's just more for me to think about when driving.

The real 996 only has ABS I believe and I'm pretty sure it still has the cable throttle. Its analog. There's no PASM or rear active steer nonsense.

Its really a great car. It does have the 'issue' of sorts where you are in a hard race and you're managing the car and the race and your opponnents.

In the 997/992 I almost feel like the car is almost managing itself too well.

Oh the NSX... err... I love this car. Its super drifty, god knows why. I used it to campaign the Japanese sports series.

So 394hp and SS tyres.

Again, super analog, nothing but ABS and its so fun to manage the oversteer. I had a great time on Kyoto long.

So worth $97,000. On a few corners you can chain drift it easily. It doesnt feel at all planted as almost 400hp in an MR rwd 1,200kg platform means its lively. It feels almost like a big MR2, another fantastic car, although the MR2 never felt this driveable on the throttle.

Last edited by a moderator:
After spending the last 5 hours driving the 996 and making new liveries, I jump back in the NSX and it's as if I never left it. Fantastic stock. Fantastic with just a suspension tune. Fantastic with maximum weight drop/tuned suspension and stock power.
It's fantastic.

It happened to me too. I did two custom endurance events at Fuji GT and the ai started going real slow. It didn’t look like they took tyres or fuel in their pit stops when I had a look at a few of them in the replay. Unfortunately it looks like this latest update has broken custom endurance races. I have commented about this in the bug thread as have a few others. :(
I was streaming live on one of the new endurance races, everything was going fine when I assumed one of the AI had a spin and was recovering, then another car, then another and so on, must have been quite boring to watch the next 40mins as I passed and lapped every car about 10 times. Some bugs are fun though, but roll on for the October patch. GT Sport still Rocks

How best to exploit the bug for making money, and how much do you get for say a 10min race with N100 vs Gr1 with max fuel depletion? Doubt it is as much as in the Nostalgic or BMB, but might try for fun, just once. I enjoy bugs like when the F1 car ran out of fuel and sped up. I just don't enjoy ones where you lose stuff.

I'm pretty sure they fixed that bug. You used to do the MX5 vs. Group 1 LMPs on max fuel usage (10x?) on the Ring.

They would run out of fuel at the 2/3rd mark.

Max fuel use is now only 2x.

How best to exploit the bug for making money, and how much do you get for say a 10min race with N100 vs Gr1 with max fuel depletion? Doubt it is as much as in the Nostalgic or BMB, but might try for fun, just once. I enjoy bugs like when the F1 car ran out of fuel and sped up. I just don't enjoy ones where you lose stuff.
I've tried for a good challenge: 4h Nür with a Peugeot 208, N200, against GR1 cars and 1x depletion for fuel and gained 2M and 20k exp
Won the race with one more lap than 2nd place

Well, I for one am hoping that October sees a little something extra on top of the usual monthly updates. After all it will be the 1 year anniversary for the games release. C'mon Kaz, give us a proper birthday treat.

One thing I did notice in the new update (may have been mentioned here already, sorry if it has, I didn't search). When qualifying in the Sport Mode FIA races, if the 10 minute clock runs down but you have started a lap, you get to finish it now (like in real life qualifying) and don't have the game start the race session and cut off your run mid-lap.

I'm pretty sure they fixed that bug. You used to do the MX5 vs. Group 1 LMPs on max fuel usage (10x?) on the Ring.

They would run out of fuel at the 2/3rd mark.

Max fuel use is now only 2x.
I had it on 8x

I purchased the Alfa Romeo. Sadly all circuits for the Nostalgic race are not ideal for it (except for monza if you want to throw away your clean race by cutting everything of course), it needs a track with lots of turns and less straight.
Still, it's a beauty!:drool:
6052925933351863304_0.jpg

I purchased the Alfa Romeo. Sadly all circuits for the Nostalgic race are not ideal for it (except for monza if you want to throw away your clean race by cutting everything of course), it needs a track with lots of turns and less straight.
Still, it's a beauty!:drool:
6052925933351863304_0.jpg

It's a great car and handles awesome even when changing out those Race Tires for Sport Tires and I'm very happy I bought it. With all these great vintage cars stuck in the Gr.x class the opportunity GTS gives us to use them is almost nonexistent.
GT6 would allow you to use all the cars in many different ways and races so I just don't get why GTS makes these cars almost useless. It's a shame.

It's a great car and handles awesome even when changing out those Race Tires for Sport Tires and I'm very happy I bought it. With all these great vintage cars stuck in the Gr.x class the opportunity GTS gives us to use them is almost nonexistent.
GT6 would allow you to use all the cars in many different ways and races so I just don't get why GTS makes these cars almost useless. It's a shame.
I'm happy as well! It's a fun car to use in the end, wished i could use it against other cars.

One thing I did notice in the new update (may have been metioned here already, sorry if it has, I didn't search). When qualifying in the Sport Mode FIA races, if the 10 minute clock runs down but you have started a lap, you get to finish it now (like in real life qualifying) and don't have the game start the race session and cut off your run mid-lap.

*GASP* Really! I can't count how many times my last lap would have been my best time had the time not expired seconds before I cross the line.

Because it is a concept car, but PD did put it under Normal class like the RX500 did put under similar class.

I still don't get how PD categorizes some cars between normal and X. A GT40 Mk.1 is normal class but a 250 GTO is in X.

alp
I still don't get how PD categorizes some cars between normal and X. A GT40 Mk.1 is normal class but a 250 GTO is in X.
Really good question , why not put those classic GR-X cars in a normal category, the GRx only works with those useless VGT spaceships and the pace cars.

I think these cars are classed this way largely due to traditon.

The 250gto has always been 20 mil. and always been in that "race car 500pp" - I remember in GT5/6 that I wanted to take it up against 500pp classic road cars and was never able to.

My feeling is that whenever I see any of the 20 mil. cars I feel like they could be better used in the N300-600 classes up against any car of any era.

I get that they were Le Mans race cars in the 60's but time has moved on and their performance is comparable to many cars we already have in the N category.

It feels like a waste to cordon these cars off into their own high roller league when you could better use them every day up against normal N road cars.

You would probably get your ass handed to you by modern cars but so what... a part of the fun of GT Sport is that sort of race challenge with very different cars.

I feel exactly the same except the car is 997. I know it is a much newer car but it drives like heaven. I turned down the acc. LSD to 8 I think and put on Sport Softs... I don't know why but it reminds of those crazy fast Touge cars from Best Motoring, it just drives like no road car does in the game.
This just happened.
DoOZLmDU4AICy8e

Tuned it to 2008 Carrera Cup spec. Unbelievable! Used it in the premium Sports race. It's overkill with RM tyres. Yet, feels like the races I've watched on YouTube. Such an incredible package with spec gearing and suspension. Weight can only be lowered to 1195kg. Still, a great car.

The banshee whine of the 787B is much better in this update, but there's a problem with the midrange buzz. It's fine at lower speeds, but in the real car the frequency pitch of it goes up so that at high speed it blends into the whine. But in the game it doesn't, it's always a midrange buzz even doing the high speeds of Le Mans.

how it should sound:

Back