- 1,562

- United States
It is possible and I will try to explain it the best I can.help needed here :-)
how can I create a track configuration where the texture of this object (black tyre wall, tyre01.dds) is always overriden with my custom DDS texture file even when no track skin is selected by user, is that possible?
You can assign a texture to any material with an entry in the track's ext_config file using the code below. You will need to know the name of the material so hopefully you know how to use the object inspector app to get the name. First, place the texture you want to use in the extension folder.
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION = Put whatever you want here
MATERIALS = The material name you want to assign the texture to
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_FILE_0 = The_name_of_your_texture.dds
For good housekeeping, I always prefer to make a folder in the extension folder named 'textures' and place any textures I want to assign in that folder. If you do that, then the code would look like this:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
DESCRIPTION = Put whatever you want here
MATERIALS = The material name you want to assign the texture to
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_FILE_0 = textures\The_name_of_your_texture.dds
One thing to note, I gave an example of how to change a material's Diffuse texture. If the texture you want to assign is for another variable, like the mask texture, you will need to change the resource name and number to match that texture. Once again, you can get that information from the object inspector app.
EDIT: @RMi_wood beat me to it and his way is easier. I always forget about that way of doing it.
Last edited: