Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,796 comments
I cannot get enough of this car. Enjoy a lap or two at Daytona RC.

Great job to everyone involved both car (Tommy78), track (Reboot team), and those glorious cameras to capture it all ;) @safi hellie

The Mustang is a much better drive than the Opel Omega or as I know it the Vauxhall Carlton and the quality is better in the cockpit too but yeah you're right about the sounds being a bit under par. I'm sure I can find a replacement sound in CM somewhere.

Ignorant noob question: How does a new config file help make a mod track better?

Track config files add things like lighting and often various moving objects like wind-turbines, balloons, planes and helicopters (though the graphic assets themselves are still part of the original track files - or added later with updates). The config can also add instructions for improved textures and grass.

If I remember correctly, the Kunos Alfa 155 was a 1993 model (UI said 1996 but it's wrong). Some private teams used the Mercedes 190E Evo II and BMW M3 E30 which are also Kunos. So what we're missing here are the Mercedes 190E Class 1 and Ford Mustang 1992 variant.
There currently is a free model for the V8 which is in here right now but I have never found the omega or the astra. The calibra is released too but it's in a different year spec closest you can get is the simdream 1994 spec.
The 1994 dtm mod is alright for a grid filler to add to the 1993 season since it has the Mustang, the 3 series and the calibra but it has the C180 and not the 190E Class 1 spec, which I haven't found at all

If anyone is a member of this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/403042269883364/files/ they have a 1990 DTM pack on there with these cars featured. I've grabbed it but no idea if it's any different to what's already out there. Can never have too many DTM cars though lol

96156080_10217253448823454_8869706592702955520_o.jpg

Totally off topic and I'm sorry but I'm properly excited - I just saw the Falcon 9 rocket in the sky :D

Totally off topic, but... I was lucky enough to see a rocket launch up close at the Tanegashima Space Center (which is on an island around 40 kilometres south of Kyushu, Japan ) while making a documentary for Discovery Channel back in 2005 on the Japanese Aerospace Exploration Agency. Also got to climb all over the launch pad, see the rockets being built and even climb around the Japanese module for the International Space Station, which is now in orbit.

This is the actual launch I witnessed. It made the wildest sound I've ever heard and felt in my life!

JSF_0017.jpg

Last edited:
That DTM 91 mod looks nice. Wish there was a public DTM 93 mod around, found some 93 cars but they're all private. Shame.
This is the simdream Mustang I am working on. Is it still worth it? I mean seeing as I owned this car in street form I'll still keep it but with Tommy's, I don't know. Tommy's still has the street body though although the model quality is nothing special on this.
preview.jpg

This is the simdream Mustang I am working on. Is it still worth it? I mean seeing as I owned this car in street form I'll still keep it but with Tommy's, I don't know. Tommy's still has the street body though although the model quality is nothing special on this.View attachment 925687

That's the skin I was gonna do for Tommy's but my CM keeps crashing when I try to create the AO. As far as Simdream go I wouldn't touch them with my very long barge pole (errrr) but anyways the Tommy78 one feels great to drive and looks really good too...just needs more skin variety

That's the skin I was gonna do for Tommy's but my CM keeps crashing when I try to create the AO. As far as Simdream go I wouldn't touch them with my very long barge pole (errrr) but anyways the Tommy78 one feels great to drive and looks really good too...just needs more skin variety
Well, it doesn't drive like simdream any more. Got most of the boogers out of the upholstery. :D

@Sylana82 I just went to install that DTM 90 pack I found and the Sierra and the Alfa are pretty much the same except the DATA is different. I'll hold off installing those until I can do some comparisons tomorrow.

The Mustang is a much better drive than the Opel Omega or as I know it the Vauxhall Carlton and the quality is better in the cockpit too but yeah you're right about the sounds being a bit under par. I'm sure I can find a replacement sound in CM somewhere.

yeah i messaged Tommy about the popping noises when the car is sitting, he's trying to figure it out. For what it's worth, he's doing a better job than i could with Fmod so there's that haha.

Tell you what is needed though is some more skins for the Mustang

I'll have a go at doing this when I get some time spare

Buffalo_ford_mustangMartin%20Berrang.jpg

i also asked tommy about a template. No response yet, but, agreed. I've got some skins to make, including the one that i run on my own racecar haha.

Well, it doesn't drive like simdream any more. Got most of the boogers out of the upholstery. :D
Haha, I had a feeling you might have taken out all SD niggles but I gotta agree with @Sylana82 about the front end looking wrong. Those headlights look way too big. Might just be odd camera angle but i'm not so sure lol

yeah i messaged Tommy about the popping noises when the car is sitting, he's trying to figure it out. For what it's worth, he's doing a better job than i could with Fmod so there's that haha.

i also asked tommy about a template. No response yet, but, agreed. I've got some skins to make, including the one that i run on my own racecar haha.
Sounds good to me. I gave up trying to make an AO cause it just freezes up my CM so i'll just stick to the standard skins till it gets fixed. I did change the sound to the Kunos GT40 for now - i know it's not correct but it sounds better for now :lol:

EDIT: I managed to get a 2k AO map so will make a PSD and send it your way in a mo

Haha, I had a feeling you might have taken out all SD niggles but I gotta agree with @Sylana82 about the front end looking wrong. Those headlights look way too big. Might just be odd camera angle but i'm not so sure lol

nah i have that mod as well. granted the fox is boxy... it looks playstation 1, tomb raider, laura croft polygony haha

Sounds good to me. I gave up trying to make an AO cause it just freezes up my CM so i'll just stick to the standard skins till it gets fixed. I did change the sound to the Kunos GT40 for now - i know it's not correct but it sounds better for now :lol:

EDIT: I managed to get a 2k AO map so will make a PSD and send it your way in a mo

what did you pull the AO map from? i'm looking at it and it's missing the hood, rear bumper, the cheese graters (taillight covers) etc. haha

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back