Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,766 comments
Hello guy hawe a big problem
I am organizing a le mans online with the track sx_lemans and with 32 cars on track but I get a notice occupancy at 99% there is a fix to remedy this problem ? What can be done to resolve this unpleasant inconvenience?
Thank you for your kind cooperation

I wanted to thank all the community members who responded to my request for help, this is called being united

I've been searching for ages for a UK track called Lydden Hill. Searched through this forum as well and although I understand it's not very good I'd like to try to improve it. Has anyone got any information where I might track it down?

Didn't work. Nothing does ahah. File is the same as the 'stock' car and yet it crashes... I'm stumped. Never encountered this before.

Edit l I give up. This ****** car doesn't work. Hope someone with more patience will work on it cause it deserves a better look than that riced-out **** look from F&F.

Link from Assettoland if anyones
interested. https://mega.nz/file/4JczSSyT#zNfIz_CHEqhHroVdmpPAAflIawxeSzTeYkTvQpny-xs

Mine is working fine.
5u0a.png

4vmt.png

I have mine since 24 January. Do you want my file? Maybe the file age has something different, don't know. Wanna try?

Cheers

This time I got a request for my son (well actually for myself and you understand after my explanation).
Please search in your car library and dust the old Hyundai Coupe (around) 2004. Does that one exist for AC?
I already have a 2013 model which needs some TLC/update. Works for now but a 2004 model would be awesome

My son bought his own first car last Friday. Guess what? Too easy: a silver Hyundai Coupe 2004 2.0i model. Dad had to do it with a Kadett B type back in the late 80's...times have changed.

For those with a good memory know his best friend has a Peugeot RCZ and now they can 'race' together. Concerning dad want them to race on Assetto Corsa in stead of the real roads...yeah yeah I also have been 18 and did a lot of bangerbang races but that's different. We all understand that (besides my son).

Thanks for searching and who knows a Hyundai Coupe pops up?

Any one of these?
laj3.png

vign.png

Cheers

I wanted to thank all the community members who responded to my request for help, this is called being united
I think this is because nobody can really help you with that. It has been mentioned a couple of times. I suffer from it sometimes (on other tracks), which is why I never use more than 20 cars.
If I do, my PC will also trigger that 99% CPU occupancy sometimes.
The only thing I can think is upgrade some PC parts, or drive with less cars.

Sorry dude, this thread moves so fast that sometimes a post gets lost. Maybe this could help you in some way. This really does work. Reduce the number of cars being "drawn" by the game. It can seriously help. I went down to 14 i think, cause you never really see more than than. Read my post here, and the ones i quoted in my quoted post:

Ok this works and works well. like Bherm said, all is correct.

A little additional info. first three lines are for cars infront of you when you drive and the mirror for the ones behind. It's not like RF2, where 12 means 12 closest around you. Moving on, the numbers are reversed. What that means: last number shows total amount of cars shown (28 in this case), third number means: of those 28, 16 are quality lod c or better, second number means: of those 16, 8 are lod B or better, and the first means: of those 8, 3 are lod A. So by default we see 3 lod A, 5 lod B, 8 lod C and 12 lod D cars in front of us.

Maybe an example. I want to see max 14 cars in front of me and max 3 in the mirror. Of those i want 3 to be lod A quality, the rest can be lod D, so the wors quality. I will put in the first line: 3,3,3,14. Behind me, all 3 can be lod D, so i put: 0,0,0,3.

Same story for shadows. If a car is not drawn, you can still see a black shadow of it on the road.

Ok, did a test. Took 30 Guerilla GT4s, as they seem to be the ones that take up most resources. Did this:

MAIN=3, 6, 9, 14
GBUFFER=3, 6, 9, 14
SHADOWS=3, 6, 9, 14
SPECTATING_MAIN=6, 20, 40, 200
SPECTATING_GBUFFER=3, 12, 24, 24
SPECTATING_SHADOWS=3, 12, 12, 24
MIRROR=2, 2, 6, 7

And yes there is a difference. It's like chosing to drive with 21 cars for example, even a little better, cause i reduced the quality of some of them. This is nice, i would before get an additional stutter here and there with 24 Gerilla gt4's, but now none with 30 of them.

And now i finally understand why mirrors are such frame killers. If they are off, AC draws only cars in front of you, if they are on, AC draws all cars in the field. Resolution, quality ,... not as important, the amount of cars behind you determins the difference in fps with mirrors on or off. Untill today that is. Now we can easily do 3 or 4 cars in the mirror, and all those in lod D, and we can see massive gains in fps. Especially if you are high in the rankings in a race.

I think this is because nobody can really help you with that. It has been mentioned a couple of times. I suffer from it sometimes (on other tracks), which is why I never use more than 20 cars.
If I do, my PC will also trigger that 99% CPU occupancy sometimes.
The only thing I can think is upgrade some PC parts, or drive with less cars.
@Luca959
I made some investigation on that, i got a potato computer, and what i have found is that skin weight matter a lot for the grid.
For example, with the ford mk1 rs1600, on phoenix oval, i can make a grid of 9 cars max, or i loose too much fps.
I rework all my skins for the rs1600 just to try, so i got some skin around 40Mo, and average around 20Mo, now, all my skins are around 5Mo, on a 32 inch screen, it is not a problem at all.
Now i can run a race with 28 cars...
On my computer, it the weight of the skin that weight the most in my fps.

Same with track, some track got the papers in the office trash that got textures, nobody will ever see them, i doubt about it.
The texture are around 2048x2048 for paper in a trash bin!
It weights a lot, so i change this and other things like that, this for me are really details that i will never ever see and i win fps by a great amount too, now those kind of track can be run in max settings unsteed of high, i prefer to have a lot of peoples, cars, camping car around the track and small texture for trash bin hidden in an office 2 km from the road of the track, it's a personal choice.

Last things to mention, the loading f the cars and track, it's really, really fast now, so i got more detail around the track, more 3d objects, more cars, fastest loading screen and more fps, what's else?

Edit: for the car's texture, it's important to select what you change, what do you see during a race?
You see the exterior of the others cars and their tyres, so keep good size texture for that.
On the other hand, i play in first person without wheels and pilot, so do i need a 4096x4096 for the gloves of all the drivers?
no, so i change them for 512x512, wich is still big for something i almost never look at, do i got the time in race to look at the gloves of the others drivers?

Hi all

I introduce myself, I am the modder amater "Unprofessional"of the youtube channel xray mods, at no time have I tried to sell anyone's mod, I only made a video because I liked the car and I put the link of the author, never with any other intention, I have removed the link of the video and I will not advertise any mod!

As you can see I do not speak English, I am from Andorra in the Pyrenees, I speak other languages but I do not speak English, I have to translate in Google, sorry!

If you want to ask me a question about it, I will gladly answer!

I apologize to you. We worked out that it was a translation error. I am sorry. I stand corrected.

I have a version of Crystal Palace, but I don't know where from! Can be expanded!
https://we.tl/t-k7zwOG0tYi

GPLEA was a modding group for (surprise!) GPL. They're the only one who has made Crystal Palace AFAIK. A great little track, perfect for F2, F3 and under-1500cc s***-boxes. I wish somebody would do it as a fake retro track with the real Crystal Palace in the background (only the arches and the two water towers survived a catastrophic fire in 1936) :

Crystal Palace.jpg

hi guys someone to tell me what is the best version of the BMW m1 procar
pitone bazza mod or drm revival pack please.
thxs
For me the Bazza one is a masterpiece driving wise. The only problem is it only has 1 LOD, so it's a bit of strain on the FPS if you put a lot of them on a track.

how about the acc coverted cars is there any news or new releases? the cars I have is the Ferrari, Lexus.mclaren, honda and the bmw

but there are more cars like the Audi evo the lambos astons etc

GPLEA was a modding group for (surprise!) GPL. They're the only one who has made Crystal Palace AFAIK. A great little track, perfect for F2, F3 and under-1500cc s***-boxes. I wish somebody would do it as a fake retro track with the real Crystal Palace in the background (only the arches and the two water towers survived a catastrophic fire in 1936) :

View attachment 928369
I see you posted the "drift" roundabout in that pic ;).
But yeah the whole track needs some serious love and if we all ask @norms really nicely he might start working on it again :D :bowdown:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back