Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments
for this splendid track phoenix 91, did anyone create a new cam and new AI?

I think the AI is not the problem. Be aware that this track has the sidelines in the wrong directory. They should be in "data" but they are in "ai". I did find them after making my own ones, so I never tried the original ones. But I think they will solve the problem of the AI crashing into the walls.

I think the AI is not the problem. Be aware that this track has the sidelines in the wrong directory. They should be in "data" but they are in "ai". I did find them after making my own ones, so I never tried the original ones. But I think they will solve the problem of the AI crashing into the walls.
In my version they are (were) in both ai and data, the same sideline files.

OK so love this track, from what i can see no grass fx for it...so here it is...

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/new-jersey-motorsports-park-lightning.14212/

View attachment 944544 View attachment 944545

has a really nice bit where its a bit dry and used too.

View attachment 944546
I like your config better. I just don't like those roses in the grass. It doesn't look realistic to me. I can't remember ever seeing roses around the track when I watched a race irl. It's true I was never looking at the grass, but anyway. I would imagine that before a big race the groundsman goes around the track with his lawnmower and cuts the grass and consequently all the roses if they are maybe there. That's why I use grass fx on low or medium, also feels more realistic to me.

Guys, my configurations on discord are ultra old, there are better versions made by other users: Knockhill for example and also other tracks. Look for the most recent ones on the CSP channel.
Your old one from 2019 is the latest version for New Jersey or at least it's all that comes up when I do a search. But Knockhill has had a few updates so thanks.

I like your config better. I just don't like those roses in the grass. It doesn't look realistic to me. I can't remember ever seeing roses around the track when I watched a race irl. It's true I was never looking at the grass, but anyway. I would imagine that before a big race the groundsman goes around the track with his lawnmower and cuts the grass and consequently all the roses if they are maybe there. That's why I use grass fx on low or medium, also feels more realistic to me.

Then you should learn to modify your ext_config.ini to have the grass of your taste, once you know to wich mesh or shader to attribute the grass, there are a tons of options to generate various kind of grass, including white, blue, yellow flowers, no flowers.

this guy is crazy, he even implented code to have your grass to be trimed on a specific day of the week, let's say your drive it on monday you will have tall grass and on sunday short grass... so every day your track will be subtely different.

all is in here:

https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Tracks-–-Grass-FX

he's a genious.:bowdown:

Then you should learn to modify your ext_config.ini to have the grass of your taste, once you know to wich mesh or shader to attribute the grass, there are a tons of options to generate various kind of grass, including white, blue, yellow flowers, no flowers.

this guy is crazy, he even implented code to have your grass to be trimed on a specific day of the week, let's say your drive it on monday you will have tall grass and on sunday short grass... so every day your track will be subtely different.

all is in here:

https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Tracks-–-Grass-FX

he's a genious.:bowdown:
That he is. Thanks, but no, not going down that road, I spend far to much time tinkering and far to little time actually driving AC as is. :lol:

Reworked:
Enders and Rainmaker / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
Detroit Belle Isle 2017 v1.1
Update shaders
Add 3dgrass and water
Add VAO
Update outline, map and preview
https://sharemods.com/go4jxzdjm271/detroit2017.7z.html
preview.png
Thanks for your work, but rushing leads to problems. Of course we will point you to them and try to fix them. Here's one of the challenges in Detroid 2017.
Assetto Corsa Screenshot 2020.07.28 - 19.59.03.98.png
[/QUOTE]

That he is. Thanks, but no, not going down that road, I spend far to much time tinkering and far to little time actually driving AC as is. :lol:

hahaha, i understand,

but driving around in a track next to a field you just planted with beautiful little blue flowers
just enough to give you a feeling of speed as you go 153km/h past them
matching your beautiful big bad blue M1 roarring
let me tell you it is quite satisfying.

you can even get nice pictures.

Hello all - since yesterday i have problems with some cars, for example with KS Porsche 911 GT3-R and URD venom (and maybe more):
"error cannot find lods.ini for car xxx". :confused: :boggled: :banghead: :odd:
I use the current versions for CM (full), CSP1.61 and SOL. Accordingly, the cars can`t be loaded to the track (but showromm still works).

I haven't made any changes in CM or CSP, so where do such problems come from in the short time for multiple cars at once?
Of course i reinstalled CSP and the car configs several times and googled for the load.ini error, but in my case that doesn't help either.

Thank you for any advice or help!!!... :bowdown: 💡 :gtpflag:

Hello all - since yesterday i have problems with some cars, for example with KS Porsche 911 GT3-R and URD venom (and maybe more):
"error cannot find lods.ini for car xxx". :confused: :boggled: :banghead: :odd:
I use the current versions for CM (full), CSP1.61 and SOL. Accordingly, the cars can`t be loaded to the track (but showromm still works).

I haven't made any changes in CM or CSP, so where do such problems come from in the short time for multiple cars at once?
Of course i reinstalled CSP and the car configs several times and googled for the load.ini error, but in my case that doesn't help either.

Thank you for any advice or help!!!... :bowdown: 💡 :gtpflag:

I believe I have sometimes the same problem ans like you I did not modify anything ... And I have also other problems since several days

I just discovered a strange thing - all the PP filters except the one that I use in DSP 1.6.1 turned very blue ...
Has anyone encountered this?

Does this remind only me of a user with the nickname Pitch?
Remember, not very long ago he made a flood of links to all the mods that he found on the Internet ...
It drove everyone crazy.

Hi @Turnup That is kind of before my time here on the forum, but thank you for the information

take care

(hello sorry to beg again)
is this mod free? i saw the author of this mod here in the thread so i thought id ask, if so can you show me the way to download it?

(that link is down)

upload_2020-7-28_15-30-1.png

So 'flying' over New Jersey MP I noticed that there is like a test / kart track in the middle, with no way of accessing it!

Anyone know how i could make it usable?

View attachment 944548

The only way you could get onto that kart track if fences or walls prevent you to get to it, is someone would have to go into the KN5 file and move the pit stall box over onto that karting track section.

The only way you could get onto that kart track if fences or walls prevent you to get to it, is someone would have to go into the KN5 file and move the pit stall box over onto that karting track section.

Oh I see. Its a shame as it looks to be perfectly functional, on RD the author says that only the main track was available almost like the kart track would be at some point, but that was years ago..

I will explore further.

@gutbomb makes a very good point here.
@__EASY__ why not release your updates as new tracks so they don't overwrite the originals? That way people can compare them side-by-side and determine which one they prefer without potentially losing the one they DO prefer because it's already been overwritten by your updates.

I guess not everyone knows you just change the name of the main KN5 file name and the folder name to something a little different than original. Then inside the Models folder, change any main KN5 names to the same as in previous sentence. That is if you want to do compares, otherwise I just save original.

I guess not everyone knows you just change the name of the main KN5 file name and the folder name to something a little different than original. Then inside the Models folder, change any main KN5 names to the same as in previous sentence. That is if you want to do compares, otherwise I just save original.
I know this and know how easy it is, that's why it beggars belief that it's not done by the updater to avoid tracks being overwritten. If he did it it would need doing once per track and be a safe installation for everyone. If he doesn't do it then everybody who downloads the track and already has a version of it has to do it. Do it once at source or force it to be done hundreds of times by the downloaders.
Maybe it's all part of this latest trend of making people perform tasks and jump through hoops before being "rewarded" with the mod.

And again, backing up track files doesn't let you load them without performing the tasks you outline above, so flipping between the original and the update isn't easy. It would be an absolute breeze if the updated track installed as a new one, but it seems these updates are just churned out as fast as possible without even being checked...

I've decided the safest thing to do is just ignore them completely. The updater isn't listening to reason despite several people offering much better solutions.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back