Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,719 comments
I already explained why I use sharemods before, but I guess my ad blockers are good because I don't ever get ads or clickbait there, and I certainly don't get paid for uploading there, I use it for things I can't put on RD specifically because I don't have to sign up for an account. I'll try to find something else, because I don't want to inundate people with ads.

Some of the reworks I did to that track couldn't just be done with a skin, which is why I initially made it a new track with a new name. It came with a new shader, so that's not just something that can be packaged in a skin or done with an INI alone. Maybe it's overkill for what it is (it's a map so you can set only part of a texture as emissive instead of the whole thing) but there'd be no way to release it as just an ini or a skin.

Unfortunately I still have the transparent grass problem there. I downloaded the version of the track from that post, the skin, and that fix. I deleted both 2018 and 2019 tracks, I deleted all configs for both 2018 and that independently released 2019 from config/tracks and config/tracks/loaded. I manually installed 2018, manually installed the skin, manually put the fixed config in config/tracks and config/tracks/loaded (to prevent CM from downloading the one from github) but still no grass :( My confusion continues.

Maybe it's because the grass has the ksgrass shader. This is not good with grassfx, it makes the textures transparent.

I already explained why I use sharemods before, but I guess my ad blockers are good because I don't ever get ads or clickbait there, and I certainly don't get paid for uploading there, I use it for things I can't put on RD specifically because I don't have to sign up for an account. I'll try to find something else, because I don't want to inundate people with ads.

Some of the reworks I did to that track couldn't just be done with a skin, which is why I initially made it a new track with a new name. It came with a new shader, so that's not just something that can be packaged in a skin or done with an INI alone. Maybe it's overkill for what it is (it's a map so you can set only part of a texture as emissive instead of the whole thing) but there'd be no way to release it as just an ini or a skin.

Unfortunately I still have the transparent grass problem there. I downloaded the version of the track from that post, the skin, and that fix. I deleted both 2018 and 2019 tracks, I deleted all configs for both 2018 and that independently released 2019 from config/tracks and config/tracks/loaded. I manually installed 2018, manually installed the skin, manually put the fixed config in config/tracks and config/tracks/loaded (to prevent CM from downloading the one from github) but still no grass :( My confusion continues.
Can't help you then. Not at the computer anymore today, so can't check. But I have no problems with that track. I can pack it up tomorrow and upload it for you.

Dude made an update to that update that broke it, but the changes he made that DIDN'T break things seemed somewhat worthwhile, so I uploaded a new one that incorporated his changes, and fixed what he broke while making those changes. It wasn't some little "one-upsmanship" or "getting the last word" it was putting out a final product that incorporated both of our fixes that didn't actually break anything.

Excellent, I'm not confused anymore! Thanks!

Not directed at you but this is just what I was describing above. Now, mix in different versions, creators, fixers and dates of changes of versions and on and on..... This same thing goes for cars. So would anyone mind if I or someone else came back and made changes to the 3rd changes and fixes because I didn't like it, then post it (*if you liked the 2nd fixes of the other fixes, don't install. But you can, folder names are different.... :D) When its all said and done theres so many versions of fixes on fixes nobody knows what unless they read every post only here on this forum.

This is why I think there's 6 versions of Laguna.
Dunno, like when Slider fixes something, I d/l it, then don't touch it again (because he's one thats damn good at it). Because you may not even know for a month that the new fixer made some changes to Sliders fixes that I liked, or broke something that Slider created.

Now - imagine someone new(er) coming to AC or here:eek: You thought CM was a lot to digest, you haven't even eaten yet.:lol:

And we're only talking about one track.

Maybe it's because the grass has the ksgrass shader. This is not good with grassfx, it makes the textures transparent.

or sometimes completely black.

@gutbomb, can you pm me the track you're having grassfx issues with? I could use a mind break.

wait, is it the grass/ground that is completely transparent or just the grassfx that is transparent. If it is the grass/ground, I had that issue recently on a track I was working on. Trying to remember how I fixed it.... hmmm. Send me the track anyway if youcan.

Last edited:
Unfortunately that's not it, I turned off GrassFX to test that and it's still transparent.
424327ab3de0d8d4e0e19d6547b5feb1.gif

Right now I'm confused

@__EASY__

I noticed on some of your track updates you've increased the number of grid slots/pit boxes, do you think there's any chance you could incorporate this kind of improvement into more of your track updates? Most of these older tracks you're rejuvenating have 20-24 pit boxes, I don't think I'd be alone in saying that if these could be increased to 30+ or as close to as practical, then that would very gratefully received. @Foxeway was doing a good job of this earlier in the year but seems to have finished working on it a while ago.

Thanks either way for your contributions :cheers:

Done for Magny-Cours v1.33 :)

424327ab3de0d8d4e0e19d6547b5feb1.gif

Right now I'm confused

[EDIT] disregard my notes below. I was being dumb :P
@VheEth It was as we were thinking. I sent him a corrected KN5.
@gutbomb, the material shader needs to actually be switched to something like ksperpixel. You won't see a change in the issue via turning off grassfx in the config. :)

Well I started screwing around and added this:

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = mel_infield?
PROP_... = boh, 0

And the grass came back. Object inspector shows boh as 1 by default.

I didn't even think of replacing the material in the config... I'm a derp. That is cool. I fixed the shader selection in the kn5 directly. So your config fix is working for you? You didn't need the updated KN5 I sent?

[EDIT] my meds have me confused. sorry @gutbomb

Last edited:
@VheEth It was as we were thinking. I sent him a corrected KN5.
@gutbomb, the material shader needs to actually be switched to something like ksperpixel. You won't see a change in the issue via turning off grassfx in the config. :)

I didn't even think of replacing the material in the config... I'm a derp. That is cool. I fixed the shader selection in the kn5 directly. So your config fix is working for you? You didn't need the updated KN5 I sent?

[EDIT] my meds have me confused. sorry @gutbomb

I answered in a PM but no that wasn't it. ksPerPixel maps the textures differently than ksGrass so it looks way wrong with ksPerPixel.

I answered in a PM but no that wasn't it. ksPerPixel maps the textures differently than ksGrass so it looks way wrong with ksPerPixel.

You rock, man. I'm glad you figured it out. It made me realize that I should not be doing technical stuff after my meds kick in. Thanks for letting me try. I've been feeling a little bit useless lately... brain can't finish things.

AI for Singapore 2020

https://mega.nz/file/HhoxXbjb#iaBkzZdAqzgMsh0PykYdzvpTepBf1y9BS3WmzJ_-hMA

or at RD:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-for-singapore-2020.34895/

I think this is the last version that @jk0011 released. One of the more amazing light configs out there, IMO. Cool helicopter and billboard animations, too.

I just tried to redo the ai to keep the cars off the walls, and get to the finish line. Lap times could be a hair slower, but more consistent through the field. YMMV. Back up your files, like someone else says, just in case.

I should have some more tracks coming shortly, as well.

Have fun,
Kevin

Reworked:
Okayama 1994 v1.2
Update textures
Create Pitlane with Blender
Add AI Line
Add 3dgrass
Add VAO
Update map and outline
Update 12 to 32 pits
https://sharemods.com/l3evp7nredkc/okayama94.7z.html
preview.png

This is maybe what I'm not understanding, what textures needed fixing and what textures were changed? Okaya already has an AI line, 3d grass, vao , track skins and 35 pit spots.

n4iq.png

This is maybe what I'm not understanding, what textures needed fixing and what textures were changed? Okaya already has an AI line, 3d grass, vao , track skins and 35 pit spots.

n4iq.png

Probably not the same version, the one I modified and the 1994 version and has only 12 original pits.

It just goes on and on. He is just hijacking every track.
He is very happy with the likes he gets, but he finds it impossible to comprehend that other modders like some appreciation for their work too.
That seems to be totally beyond his imagination.
Any real effort that is released here nowadays, gets 'reworked' within 15 minutes
New preview, new outline... and 'shaders'.
He just doesn't understand that other people like to have fun, downloads and likes too.
And I apologize for being 'aggressive' :)

__EASY___ do what you want with the tracks you find. But if someone else releases work: respect it, and give them a chance to get some likes, or critism, and a chance to improve their track THEMSELVES if necessary.
Why should anybody else still put effort in serious modding if you claim every track that's published? Is that really so hard to understand that other people also want a chance?
Really?
Is no-one else allowed to have a release to his account?

Last edited:
I wanted to drop a dev version of the Radical SR8-RX so everyone can pitch in to help the mod... however I am still working on the physics.
One step forward, two steps back... trying to match and implement actual values, actual adjustment ranges, actual feeling of setup changes as they should for a particular setting, actual performance and other actual "real stuff".

No ABS, No TC, *430HP Prototype! (*an S1 version will feature 520hp as a few were delivered to customers)
lots of drive testing is ongoing... lots of notepad edits... its lots of fun to drive when its "on", and that is the feeling I want to deliver.

Areas this community can volunteer once I am happy with a Beta V1 physics release:
Skins - real, new and clean up old ones
Interior - Motec recalibration / replacement (its a 9k redline motec)
Shaders - where needed
Misc - modelling, textures where needed
Presentation - packaging*

*I have gathered pdf:
Vehicle Order Form with Price/Options
Owners Manual
Mechanics Manual (full setups and specs)

cheers!

Every day you surprise me more and more. You're ACs own car museum ! Always a car I haven't seen anywhere else ahah.

Well, do you need something different? Something odd? Something? Something you had lost hope to find?
Just PM Paulo and he might have it, might...

Just please don't come to me (not you):), with the 'oh, this have these flaws and fails and whatever'. I'm not a modder!
Just a simple guy that has a few mods in his possession. Delete the damn mod and carry on. It was free anyway. :lol:

Mercedes E500: https://we.tl/t-XnnSzqdIVP

... Anybody have any suggestions?

So the car is all wrong, unless the liveries and the right brand. You asked for it, so, it goes nothing. Worth what it worth.
Why don't stop to feed some mods that are not accurated? Some modders only seems to be focused (nowadays), on the beauty side.
Nice shots and a good filter and the track/car will sell for itself.

Maybe because of SOLs amd CSPs and alikes. Makes me remember the old; ' Beautifull outside, ugly inside.'
For your words, you got a car that not fits anywhere. Unless to much time spend to BOP it. And even so, it doesn't feel right.:ouch:
And again (not the first time I read), people buy a mod that is below expectations.

Many free content out there with good quality. I'm happy with my two free Audi V8 Quattro DTM. ;)

Sorry Ales, I like a lot your Touring cars history skills and knowledge. You are an encyclopedia.
Forgive me then, for these words. :cheers:

Pardon me for asking, as i have looked on race department, here (on the sacred spread sheet), and other locations but I have failed to find a (semi-driveable) Callaway C7 GT3 or Ferrari 458 GT3 mod. I have been messing around with multi-class gt track days with modded current GT3's (720S, R8 LMS Evo, 488, etc), older GT3's (ks and mods), and Guerilla GT4's. The best i found was a poor C7 GT3 from a place and it was too far gone for CM to fix, if someone can point me in the right direction, that'd be awesome!

Secondly, besides here and RaceDepartment, is there a good Dodge Dart mod? (I drive a 2014 Dodge dart and would secretly love to find one and track day around in sim, i'd mod one myself, but i'd need an Assetto modding for dummies book before i'd make one)

Do you have this one?
m1vu.png

And this one?
jvfq.png

Note: Sorry, just a reminder. Excuse me for my english, quite basic and some sentences may look strange.:odd:

Cheers

Last edited:
Carrera4 and Rainmaker / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
Montreal 1988 v1.6
Update shaders
Add 3dgrass
Add VAO
28 to 32 pits
Update outline, map and preview
https://sharemods.com/ef29ngab2l9q/montreal1988.7z.html
preview.png

All of that was already done. What did you fix that isn't listed? Four more pit boxes?

Features:
-replay cameras
-working track map
-support for hot lap mode
-support for time attack mode
-competitive AI
-28 pit boxes with working pit lane

v1.5
-new road mesh thanks to Ricardo Rey
-complete new ai
-new previews and UI data
-fixed missing circuit tag (for Content Manager user)
-reduced number of wallkeys for more fps
-fixed sticky walls

v1.43
-improvement of the shadows, especially round objects looking better now, example http://s20.postimg.org/3sxx8t1rx/Enna_v1_01.jpg
-harder curbs
-added link to the mediafire public files section in the read me, so you can always look for a update on the correct place
-purged unused objects -> smaller file size

v1.31
-fixed a bug caused by AC v1.35 that showed lines over some treelines and backgrounds

v1.3
BIG UPDATE of all tracks for AC v1.3!

general improvements to all tracks:
-fixed some double keys (like pit/wall or pit/road)
-fixed and edited cams
-made reverb optional (if track had one)
-added support for time attack mode (if track did not had it already)
-further optimized ai for some tracks
-checked all tracks for the correct fuel consumption
-changed shader and normals for the spectators
-smaller changes of materials, shaders and objects
-added new start cameras

v1.2
-skipped version number 1.1 to show that the track has the same level as Imola and Monza v1.2
-rebuild AI for AC v1.1
-new grass shader
-changed shader and normals for the spectators
-reorganized starting grid to avoid slow start procedures
-changed shader for transparent materials and trees
-new: support for time attack mode
-new preview picture
-new trackmap
-some more shader and double sided objects issues fixed
-fixed wrong direction sign at race start

Well, do you need something different? Something odd? Something? Something you had lost hope to find?
Just PM Paulo and he might have it, might...

Just please don't come to me (not you):), with the 'oh, this have these flaws and fails and whatever'. I'm not a modder!
Just a simple guy that has a few mods in his possession. Delete the damn mod and carry on. It was free anyway. :lol:

Mercedes E500: https://we.tl/t-XnnSzqdIVP

So the car is all wrong, unless the liveries and the right brand. You asked for it, so, it goes nothing. Worth what it worth.
Why don't stop to feed some mods that are not accurated? Some modders only seems to be focused (nowadays), on the beauty side.
Nice shots and a good filter and the track/car will sell for itself.

Maybe because of SOLs amd CSPs and alikes. Makes me remember the old; ' Beautifull outside, ugly inside.'
For your words, you got a car that not fits anywhere. Unless to much time spend to BOP it. And even so, it doesn't feel right.:ouch:
And again (not the first time I read), people buy a mod that is below expectations.

Many free content out there with good quality. I'm happy with my two free Audi V8 Quattro DTM. ;)

Sorry Ales, I like a lot your Touring cars history skills and knowledge. You are an encyclopedia.
Forgive me then, for these words. :cheers:

Do you have this one?
m1vu.png

And this one?
jvfq.png

Note: Sorry, just a reminder. Excuse me for my english, quite basic and some sentences may look strange.:odd:

Cheers

Thanks for your suggestions, the version i had found for the Callaway C7 was from AssettoLand, and was not even up to a V10 tire. I'll have to try that Dart to satisfy my nostalgia, though i was hoping for the modern dart produced from 2013-2016

Since Detroit has been brought up again I thought I'd revisit the NAGP version vs latest BelleIsle_2017 before __Easy__ updates. I wanted the bumpy track of NAGP but the graphics of the regular version. I know nothing of modding AC so i figured I'd take a stab at the easiest way and compare the 2 track folders. So i copied the pb.kn5 and the phy.kn5 from the NAGP version into the detroit2017 folder and updated the models.ini to reflect this and the bumpy road surface is now in my detroit2017 version. I"m not sure what the pb.kn5 is or if needed but guessed the phy.kn5 might stand for physics (road). got lucky and am glad it was easy for a newb like me.

I’m not Italian...can someone translate the what the webpage says about it?

Have you done a search and used the google translator: here you go:

The 'Ferrari Hublot Esports Series' championship heats up the engines for the start in September with the aim of finding new talent in sim racing. There are two competitive categories, AM Series and PRO Series. The fastest of all will have the chance to be selected to join the 'Ferrari Driver Academy Hublot Esports Team' in 2021. Registrations from 7 August in the AM category open to all adults residing in Europe.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back