Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,757 comments
@RMi_wood @Opperslang

Would it not be better for you guys to just collab on this Jag rather then keep working on it separately and releasing versions and updates left right and centre. Just a suggestion but it's getting mighty confusing :confused:

Sorry, not wanting to step on toes at all and you are both doing good work trying to update and make this Jag worthy but yeah maybe work on it together and release a final finished version at the end of it.

No no no.....the point is that very talented kid (i really like Lando and follow his twitch) were his Dad not extremely rich and mates with Zak, be sat at home playing sims only....

Says far far more about F1 than Lando...... how many Lando's are sat at home but don't have the wealth to get there?
Hundreds of thousands....
There are thousands that we know who are good enough but run out of money.....LOADS of them...

If only talent got you in an F1 car it would be great...but F1 and motorsport would collapse...

The Hamilton myth doesn't help, that he was born into a ghetto and lived off crumbs....utter rubbish...

But believe what you want.

Some 'common people' got their chance but it's oh so rare (Ocon, Gasly and Vandoorne are the only one I can think of from the last 3 years). Going back, who wasn't born rich ? Alonso, Vettel, Raikkonen ? Though this lot were / are insanely talented ahah.

Here's the first volume of my Assetto Corsa Track Duplicate Overview Project Extended or ACT DOPE. (This isn't the real name)

A

Adria Raceway
Testing Car: Mazda RX-8 Renesis 13b

Folder Name: adria
Author: Mitja Bonca
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/adria-raceway.3465/
This was converted from an old track by Slider916 and CodeF1. I don't know if it's something about my PC's configuration or what, but this track is extremely bright. I tried disabling CSP and Sol, but it's still way bright. Trackside objects are nice and detailed and it's a fun track to drive, but it's just so hard to see. I also notice some pink artifacts on things that are supposed to be transparent. I only play in VR so these problems may be exclusive to that. I imagine all of these problems can be addressed with an INI file, but when we have 13x's great version I haven't bothered.

Folder Name: aa_AdriaRaceway
Author: 13x (@damone13x)
Download: https://mega.nz/file/LXoGTaiJ#kgWPUIlufFnamoTwAOlemw7sky3l8eiM0lEShu1MSUM
This is a really great rendition of this track. The only comment I have on it at all is that it's bumpier than Mitja's version but maybe it's supposed to be bumpy? No graphical artifacts, it's not super bright, and it's a joy to drive on. I give this version the edge.

Ahvenisto
Testing Car: Porsche 964 3.8 RS

Folder Name: ahvenisto
Author: AnssiH
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ahvenisto.10846/
This one is pretty good with no glaring problems other than the absence of a map, but Content Manager cleared that right up. The variety in the trees is good so they don't seem repetetive. There are a lot of trackside objects that just aren't there though.

Folder Name: ahvenisto_rc
Author: Jaasu
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ahvenisto-race-circuit.16490/
This version has really nice grass, it looks great, as well as trackside buildings and objects that really make it feel like a real place. The trees are not quite as varied as the other version but it still looks good. I tried it at night and unfortunately the trackside lights didn't actually light up but this might just be an ini file away from working. This is the version for me.

Update: I put together a lighting package for this so now the lights work at night:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lights-for-ahvenisto-race-circuit.34874/

Albert Park
Testing Car: RSS Formula Hybrid 2020

Folder Name: albertpark
Author: tomj
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/melbourne-grand-prix-circuit.2498/
This one is bright and video-gamey. A lot of the trackside objects are pretty low-poly but that's not to say it looks bad, it's just not super detailed.

Folder Name: albert-park
Author: ACU
Download: https://sharemods.com/katb25vylxp9/albert-park.7z.html
I Believe this is a conversion from one of the Codemasters F1 games and it's pretty high quality. The version I downloaded has DRS zones included and blasting the 2019 Formula Hybrid around this track is awesome.

Algarve
Testing Car: Lada Riva 1.5E Catalyst

Folder Name: algarve_international_circuit
Author: Tiago Lima
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/algarve-international-circuit.2874/
There are no glaring flaws with this version, but it definitely looks older and slightly less detailed than the Reboot version, but that's not to say it's not good, it is really good. It feels slightly bumpier and only a little bit less refined.

Folder Name: algarve
Author: AC Track Reboot
Download: https://sharemods.com/fjev0y8jas6m/algarve.7z.html
This version looks more detailed and it seems to have been smoothened a little bit, but not too much. There are still bumps in the road and that's a good thing. Lighting and detail are just a little bit better than Tiago Lima's version. It's definitely good.

Auto24Ring
Testing Car: Formula Renault 3.5 2014 HDF

Folder Name:
auto24ring
Author: mcarno
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/auto24ring-estonia.20491/
This track is really fun to drive on in the right car. A Pagani Huayra was the car I used for testing here at first and it was definitely not the right car. (I usually let CM pick a random car for me for these tests and only switch it if it seems wildly inappropriate). Once I switched to the Formula Renault I had a much better time. Nothing bad about the way it looks other than some grass growing where it probably shouldn't.

Folder Name: zw_auto24ring
Author: Zwiss
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bcqy4..._v1.5_by_mcarno_and_updated_by_ZWISS.rar/file
This is a rework of the other version and it is mostly optimization and AI changes. It also fixes the grass. It makes an already good track into a great one. Grab this one!

Autodrom Most
Testing Car: Porsche 901 1964

Folder Name: autodrom_most/autodrom_most_no_chicane
Author: CidJc
Download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/autodrom-most-chicane-and-no-chicane.14426/
This one is pretty bumpy. It looks really nice, but I feel like the road surface could just be a bit smoother. It does have one advantage of having a no-chicane variant included.

Folder Name: tmm_autodrom_most
Author: TM Modding
Download: https://tm-modding.eu/download/autodrom-most/
I don't know for sure but I highly suspect that this is a rework of the one above. I suspect that because the hotlap start is in the exact same spot on the track at the same jaunty angle and dropping my car from the same distance in the air. It would be quite the coincidence if it wasn't. At any rate they've done a good job of making things look a little nicer and smoothing out those bumps.

Autopolis Oita
Testing Car: Honda NSX NA1

Folder Name:
autopolis_oita
Author: Omukun
Download:
This track is definitely old looking, but it's still pretty good. Main problems I have with it are that the trees are a bit ugly and yellow, and there's a lot of flickering in them. Not sure what the deal is with that. Trackside objects look fine, the signs look good, and it's overall a pretty cool rendition. The transitions from sand to grass are a bit harsh and there's some pretty bad 3d grass going on. With some modern attention this could really be improved...

Folder Name: zw_autopolis
Author: Zwiss
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9g5hvh8mxflyesu/Autopolis_NFS_by_Zwiss_v2.0.zip/file
...Which is exactly what Zwiss has done here. The improvements are so numerous that it's hard to believe it's the same track. He's eliminated the harsh angular white road lines, replaced the trees with something that looks nice. Made the trackside look much less busy, added grassfx, and all kinds of little touches that make it more realistic. This is DEFINITELY the version to get.

Zwiss tracks links doesn't work anymore((

ey guys, with de 961 I´ve got an the indicator of engine damage constantly ON, and engine breakdown.... <what happens?l>

I´ve got the last update

Jaguar SE Project8 - Stage1 Trackday

RMi v1.06
- S1 added
SVO upgrade by TWR:
- smaller supercharger pully (mo' pow'a baby!)
- exhaust catalyst delete
- heavy duty clutch plates (also reduces shift time by a few ms)

- 3-way adjustable coil-over springs (stiffer)
- adjustable rollbars f/r (firmer)
- adjustable rear wing (up/down)
- adjustable ride height (lowering)

Increase power output to deliver the original crankshaft power to the rear wheels:
BHP: 750 = RW-hp: 600 HP
BTQ: 870 = RW-tq: 700 NM

note: Suspension is stock, until YOU tune it on the track!

Install: copy folder to .\content\cars
Parent: Jaguar SE Project8

rw_jaguarxe_project8_s1_-_RMi_v1.0.7z
Size: 30.7 MB

Hello mate, ai file need update for AI car part, thx for the awesome work !

@RMi_wood @Opperslang

Would it not be better for you guys to just collab on this Jag rather then keep working on it separately and releasing versions and updates left right and centre. Just a suggestion but it's getting mighty confusing :confused:

Sorry, not wanting to step on toes at all and you are both doing good work trying to update and make this Jag worthy but yeah maybe work on it together and release a final finished version at the end of it.

its being consolidated.
AFIK, @Opperslang has all of my final edits in his 1.1 release.

Last edited:
Some 'common people' got their chance but it's oh so rare (Ocon, Gasly and Vandoorne are the only one I can think of from the last 3 years). Going back, who wasn't born rich ? Alonso, Vettel, Raikkonen ? Though this lot were / are insanely talented ahah.

There has always been pay drivers, and in fact motor racing began because rich blokes wanted to race their cars.

Without going over all of that, my point was just that it is funny how Lando still is a simmer even whilst he is in F1.... clearly he'd be doing it if he never made it to F1 and we'd never of known that he could of put that McLaren in places it probably didn't belong.

Stick Lando in Botta's Merc and he'd be giving Lewis a harder time of it...

Lando isn't a pay driver, but he himself (he is a lovely down to earth boy) has said as much about how lucky he is.

(Unlike Lewis Hamilton who has had dozens of opportunities to say something about the plight of Aboriginals or modern day slavery at Australian GP and Bahrain GP...yet not said a word....

Yet apparently now BLM.....)

Sorry, i'll say no more on this...

...Lando isn't a pay driver, but he himself (he is a lovely down to earth boy) has said as much about how lucky he is.

(Unlike Lewis Hamilton who has had dozens of opportunities to say something about the plight of Aboriginals or modern day slavery at Australian GP and Bahrain GP...yet not said a word....

I'm not quite sure how someone talking about how lucky they are for the opportunity to go motor racing, is equivalent to someone else not talking about select political issues.

Well..
someone has beat the Project8 official ring time by 1sec, in a car with 20% more power than stock. Seems the standard release will fall within the 7:21-7:18 then.

Here comes the modding secret... I did not test the car beyond 1 lap at Autosport Speedway (but about 5 half laps and one high speed run).

I DID however, study the specs, the power, the ratios, the tires and matched those as close as possible to real specs... and BINGO, you get basically real performance. Handling characteristics are another thing, but those specs sure help put you in the right direction.

its being consolidated.
AFIK, @Opperslang has all of my final edits (v1.04) for his 1.1 release.

the S1 (v1.06) can be run standalone if you unlink it in CM. It has all of the latest edits from us both (but doesn't include the base car), @Opperslang will likely add the S1 into whatever he releases.

you are basically getting special dev previews, arent you?

@Don123456789 maybe @Opperslang will fix that Ai, or someone can help a new one and pass it to him.

@Hotnuma the tires on it are from the ks_lamborghini_gallardo_sl properly resized.
Perhaps the S1 needs those Hypertires?

note: I have NOT even tested 1 version of the 661, even that I have all the releases... and I will wait until there is a definitive version (waiting on interior and bug fixes), as bad as I want to drive it. Sometimes... its better to wait :)
Bud, the proj8 s1 is insane! sounds amazing too. There is some issue with the dirt texture when going off track though. Thought id share.
p8 tex.jpg

If anyone is so inclined during all these updates the Project 8 could use a new hi-res font for the gear indicator and this seating on the display (it floats in front atm). The speed/tacho needles are sticking up like sundials too (I know, I know, first world VR problems...)

Recently moved to PC from console. I'm not computery at all but have managed to install the content manager, dropped a donation for the full version. A Sol mod I have been hearing about and a few tracks with the BTCC mod.
It is glorious. Cant believe I waited this long to switch. Amazed by the talent of all you folk that put the time and effort into the content. Hat off.

I am struggling to just get teh 14km from Waterfall entrance to bald hill. I doubt AC will handle the full shebang all the way to the end. I think the 14km I am attempting is the most "fun" bit as it were. some really old video on my 09.

Call out for any additional support if required on your nashos venture - as you already know heavy condensation overnight with early morning dew - have a good ride

There has always been pay drivers, and in fact motor racing began because rich blokes wanted to race their cars.

Without going over all of that, my point was just that it is funny how Lando still is a simmer even whilst he is in F1.... clearly he'd be doing it if he never made it to F1 and we'd never of known that he could of put that McLaren in places it probably didn't belong.

Stick Lando in Botta's Merc and he'd be giving Lewis a harder time of it...

Lando isn't a pay driver, but he himself (he is a lovely down to earth boy) has said as much about how lucky he is.

I hope it’s ok to continue this off-topic chat a bit. The attached pages show how it was possible to get into F1 in the 50s and indeed in the 60s. Jim Clark came from a reasonably well-to-do farming family, but he wasn’t rich, and he drove himself to races from his Paris flat in his own Mini. Surtees came from humble stock and Nigel Mansell wasn’t well off either. I knew James Hunt’s family as I worked with his dad Wallis, and although he was a public school boy he wasn’t well off in the Stroll mode for example. It’s a shame that it’s become almost exclusively for the super-rich now. There were always rich playboys in F1 and Sports Cars but ordinary talent could make it much more often than now.

Well..
someone has beat the Project8 official ring time by 1sec, in a car with 20% more power than stock. Seems the standard release will fall within the 7:21-7:18 then.

I think an alien would do the lap record with the standard car. :-P Also, the tyres of the Gallardo seems to have too much grip and the semislicks not enought for Pilot Cup 2 R. I'll try other tyre experiments with semislicks. :-P

@RMi_wood @Opperslang

This can also be applied to the Porsche 961 LM. I've binned the previous version that I installed... because now I know it's not the best version. Have not bothered downloading the various updates here and there for the 961. Just waiting for TonyBarracuda to release final version with all updates included.

Thanks for this, I love me some NSXes.
Nice car but good lord, that steering wheel is even bigger than the one on aphidgod's Impreza.
And if someone could please de-tint the windscreen I'd be eternally grateful.
:)

:cheers: I was just about to write or someone willing to lighten the windows because you can't see anything .... :lol::lol::lol:

Done. :)

atof.png

OMG, I'm a modder. I am a modder!
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I'm currently working on a plugin for RTB to import lidar data directly. I'm still bug fixing, but it works pretty well so far. For now it only works for UK data because I have all the info necessary for converting lat longs to UK grid references. I don't know how data for Australia might work, but if anyone knows, I could help out. The plan is to make a 50cm resolution version of the Isle of Man TT circuit using it
will message you about this, what language are the plugins written in, i am excellent at c#, so so at python.

There was no good evo x lancer,only a few bad versions,so I took all 4 versions I had and put together one good one,or at least I think so....
(physics,tyres,shaders my own).I have included myself as an author because of my pioneering project ;)

View media item 67603
Version 1.0 shows a completed model, completed physics, painting and shader, although I don't rule out newer versions, so if you want to download the base model and have fun improving it :cheers:

evo_x_fq400.rar - 75.5 MB

Have Fun This Night :gtpflag:

Thanks for sharing, great job, only we need some lods for these cars or the new nvidia series to play with them

TED-EDiTS: Zolder 67 (ted_zolder67_reworked) v09022020

Internal track TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Replaced ugly surrounding mountains object ● Removed and added tree objects ● Repositioned floating trees ● Replaced 2D bullhorns/poles with actual 3D models* ● Fixed bad texture mapping in grandstand area ● Replaced unauthentic signage ● Added GrassFx to config ● Added VAO patches ● Created 3 skin packages

Additional Credits and Thanks:
● New AI, track limits & UI-outlines, resized preview, geo tags by LiquidSkyMan
● Classic Balloons provided by Mascot
● Track logo, WaterFx, and Sections provided by Fanapryde
● Cameras by DaBaeda
● 3D bullhorns/poles by my son, Brandon

I'm trying MediaFire for a change: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4sr5t1y1ohumesr/ted_zolder67_reworked_v09022020.rar/file

Capturetz.JPG
Screenshot_f2_matra_ted_zolder67_reworked_2-8-120-15-52-18.jpg
Screenshot_f2_matra_ted_zolder67_reworked_2-8-120-15-52-41.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back