Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,692 comments
Here.

users [your name] >AppData>...............................................................

Don't forget to remove the '.txt' sufix.

ktv7.png
thank you !

* * * U P D A T E D 05/09/2020 * * * N E W L I N K B E L O W

Assettopedia did a great overall job on their little-known Abarth 124 Spider but they seem to have been dormant for about 18 months on their website, forums and FB page.
Because I love driving this car so much in VR I've updated it a little and put it out as a new car to preserve the original. If you're still around, AP - hope you don't mind, and thanks for the original car.

124s.PNG

Changelog:
Original car by AssettoPedia, v1.1 update by M 09/2020

- Windscreen tint removed, dust layer added
- Quarterlight transparency fixed, glass shaders replaced
- Navigator splash screen changed to Abarth 124 Spider logo
- Various shader tweaks
- Driver suits added
- UI updated, description in English
- Date changed to year of launch (2016)

Some more work is needed if anyone wants to improve it further (eg a small amendment to the bonnet is needed, you can just see under it into the engine bay from the cockpit at certain angles), but it's a great car already and in pretty good shape.
Wipers work and full LoDs are included for spec races too.
edit: link edited 5/9/2020, I just realised that the LoDs were pointless, they were all the same kn5, just renamed, but the first LoD had a noticeable change due to a diffuse change I made to the rear numberplate. LoDs therefore removed and the link below link updated.

Edit: NEW LINK http://www.mediafire.com/file/6wam1vn3bsnapgp/file

Last edited:
Wanted to give you guys a heads up made an update to the XJ220S I've updated the original link too.
- The windows shouldn't be jaggy now managed to smooth them.
- Better lods left the original lights and backlight so it doesn't look wonky or bad.
Keep in mind that i'm still experimenting with stuff like LODS for now so don't think that they will be the best thing out there.

94668718_539389116766778_4387399788498154680_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Guys, Probably a stupid question, but is there a way to auto load car setups? or change the default setups? want to change the gear ratios and tyres on the v8 scorsa cars without having to load setup files every time. Cheers

Not a stupid question at all, but... I don't think it's possible. I was searching for a solution to this some time ago and never found any way to do it. You can edit the original files to change the default settings of course, but that would make the cars unusuable in online races.

RMi Overhaul for F1 1993 by Sim*ream v0.BETA.1

This is an overhaul mod for F1 1993 by Sim*ream.
https://www.assettocorsamods.org/product-tag/f1-1993-mod/

*This overhaul update does not include original models or sound banks*
To enjoy the graphics overhaul you must have CSP installed.

What is included?

base:
- historic engine curves / power per car (extensive research and testing, hand edited)
- much tweaking of each car for distinct feel (too much to list)
- adjusted steering lock per car (was 180deg and could not take the Monza 1st chicane)

misc:
- new UI logos
- new info in UI
- new previews w/new reflections (made by .kn5 edit)
- new UI engine map curves

CSP:
- new car reflections (old cars had none)
- new exhaust
- new sparks
- new shadows (please check)

todo:
- remove F1-1993 prefix from car listing
- final BoP'ing
- someone should do a sound mod :)

Install:
a. Copy over original files
b. Copy original .kn5 and .bank files to this mods folders

:: DOWNLOAD ::

comments welcome, fixes and additions please PM
Thank you! This was much needed! If you're interested in more Nineties F1, there is this 1996 pack shared by Marc_13000.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-752#post-12993380

After all the talk if vr lately I thought I'd give mine another go. The feeling of being in the car is amazing but after a few laps I just end up with headache not sure if its my headset a wmr or if I'm just not suited to vr
Can you check if you get enough frames?
I play on a PSVR and depending on how many fps I have, it I get tired sooner.
More Hz and FPS, will be much easier for your eyes

Hey Shane....regarding reverbs...go to the track folder and inside the data folder there is a ini file called audio sources...if you reduce this setting for each reverb you should get what you want (MAXDISTANCE=150) reduce this until you get your desired effect...beware though this may invalidate the track for online use....anybody else here on the forum able to confirm this???

Thanks, will try this on the RT Daytona track, I find the strength of the reverb on this track a bit too strong also, overpowers all the other sounds including the other cars. For Bathurst I'll be racing this online so will wait and hope for an update ;)

It's a cool effect. The first time I drove your Daytona I thought, whoa cool, but after a few laps it becomes too overpowering when you're racing close with other cars as you can't hear them around you very clearly.

By the way, absolutely love Daytona, another of my favorite tracks. Would be right up there on my wish list to race IRL.

CT86 Blackwood Reloaded 2020 v1.0 by GrandSurf Updated by CrisT86 for AC 1.16.3

Is far from being perfect like the tracks provided us by RT, LilSki, FatAlfie and so on, but for the moment is the best i can do, as knowledge and time i have to dedicate it.

All the credits goes to who made it first, then ported to AC and updated last time till i put my hands on it

Changelog:

- New folder name, so no overwrite for older version
- Added no chicane layout
- GrassFX
- RainFX
- LightFX
- New AI
- New replay cameras 3 set (same camera placement, different FOVS)

https://sharemods.com/3tqwy8yv9w7f/...urf_Updated_by_CrisT86_for_AC_1.16.3.rar.html

Hope you like it

View attachment 953544 View attachment 953545 View attachment 953546 View attachment 953547 View attachment 953548 View attachment 953549

I like the track very much, but, from the 3 versions I have, this one kills FPS about 30%, related to the other 2.
Tested with same cars ofcourse. Didn't have been optimized along with the updates?
Just as a comparation, Bathurst runs fine with the same cars and more FPS.

My question is if someone else, experienced the same as me, with this version.

Cheers

Hey Everyone, I just noticed something strange with the mirrors of my opponents cars. You can see in the pic they aren't showing as mirrors, the texture seems wrong, however my cars mirrors are fine. i just noticed this, was there something changed in CM to cause this or did I mess this up somehow?
I get similar effects with GT4 mod, but not all cars, other series I've tried so far seem to be ok.

mirrors.png

Kurt woods, I'm getting that too.
I thought it was a CSP setting that I messed up with (like showing low-res car interiors for opponents) but I'm not so sure now, not after I've looked for it without any luck and after seeing you are having the same outcome.
Suppouse we'll have to wait for Ilja to iron out that bug.

Hey guys, question, added 5 more tree types to the track, but, hating this shadow I get on the Y and X type trees, anyway to get rid of it (I already tried castshadow=0 but that only gets rid of the shadow on the ground. TIA
upload_2020-9-5_14-19-37.png

Thank you! This was much needed! If you're interested in more Nineties F1, there is this 1996 pack shared by Marc_13000.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-752#post-12993380

Thank you. I will need to be careful if I mod that pack...
there is a mix of SD and ASR "paid" content (of freely ripped models) in regards to models/textures/sound.

Mostly my overhauls happen while I am review testing, and the last 2 F1 overhauls took quite alot of time to test 10+ cars to release in 1 pack (actually research and dyno curve tweaking are the most tedious).

lets see what I will do next ;)

Last edited:
I have been working on another track and I am just about ready to release it but I need someone better than me to tackle the AI. There are 6 layouts which need AI and I just can't get it right. Is anyone willing to do this for me? I'd appreciate it very much.

Hey guys, question, added 5 more tree types to the track, but, hating this shadow I get on the Y and X type trees, anyway to get rid of it (I already tried castshadow=0 but that only gets rid of the shadow on the ground. TIA View attachment 955345

You can try setting ksDiffuse to 0. If that makes it too dark you can try to compensate by increasing ksAmbient.

Circuito dos Cristais - Curvelo
ERL ex AMS

Warning, WILL overwrite your original erl track if you have it.
Uses CSP for shader fixing, GrassFX, RainFX, will probably look quite crap without CSP.

DOWNLOAD

Second update, added three more tree types, so 4 in total now of the 8 in original track. All original materials used, just fix to duplicate the normals backwards and build some new Y/X/Star type tree constructs.

Last edited:
I was wondering if someone can show some grass FX love or love in general to this track

https://acdriftingpro.com/file/424-serres-racing-circuit/

Or to guide me in which settings I have to put on which file in order to achieve a decent grass fx layout. I am not a modder neither have the tools so I am referring to ini files if possible

Track is not mine neither am I the author of this track.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
This time I will try to not sound like a prick... LMAO Thanks for the update, looks much better, walls look perfect 👍👍👍👍👍

But if there's another update planned, the grass textures should really get some treatment.
GT Sport quality road (looks great by the way) next to something extremely low resolution areas:
View attachment 955079

and these still happening:
View attachment 955080

Potential to be a great conversion, looks awesome in ACC, can look just as good in ol' AC

Great post! - All efforts taken with the reformed approach are appreciated - it all makes somewhat interesting reading and productive feedback.

I was wondering if someone can show some grass FX love or love in general to this track

https://acdriftingpro.com/file/424-serres-racing-circuit/

Or to guide me in which settings I have to put on which file in order to achieve a decent grass fx layout. I am not a modder neither have the tools so I am referring to ini files if possible

Track is not mine neither am I the author of this track.

Thanks in advance
that track needs more love than CSP can give, the tree models are bust like the ones i just looked after in Curvelo and a big jerk in the mesh at the track join near the pits etc, can be fixed in other software though no doubt.. but, fwiw here is some rain and grass. make a folder called extension in the track folder, copy this file to it and rename the extension from .txt to .ini

upload_2020-9-5_16-58-37.png

Attachments

• ext_config.txt
    360 bytes · Views: 25
Assettopedia did a great overall job on their little-known Abarth 124 Spider but they seem to have been dormant for about 18 months on their website, forums and FB page.
Because I love driving this car so much in VR I've updated it a little and put it out as a new car to preserve the original. If you're still around, AP - hope you don't mind, and thanks for the original car.

View attachment 955278

Changelog:
Original car by AssettoPedia, v1.1 update by M 09/2020

- Windscreen tint removed, dust layer added
- Quarterlight transparency fixed, glass shaders replaced
- Navigator splash screen changed to Abarth 124 Spider logo
- Various shader tweaks
- Driver suits added
- UI updated, description in English
- Date changed to year of launch (2016)

Some more work is needed if anyone wants to improve it further (eg a small amendment to the bonnet is needed, you can just see under it into the engine bay from the cockpit at certain angles), but it's a great car already and in pretty good shape.
Wipers work and full LoDs are included for spec races too.
edit: link edited 5/9/2020, I just realised that the LoDs were pointless, they were all the same kn5, just renamed, but the first LoD had a noticeable change due to a diffuse change I made to the rear numberplate. LoDs therefore removed and the link below link updated.

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6wam1vn3bsnapgp/file
Link edited 5/9/2020. I just realised that the LoDs were pointless, they were all the same kn5, just renamed, but the first LoD had a noticeable change due to a diffuse change I made to the rear numberplate. LoDs therefore removed and the link below link updated.
Please download the car again using the link below - sorry!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6wam1vn3bsnapgp/file

Not a stupid question at all, but... I don't think it's possible. I was searching for a solution to this some time ago and never found any way to do it. You can edit the original files to change the default settings of course, but that would make the cars unusuable in online races.
Thanks for the reply...which files do you need to change?

Thanks for the reply...which files do you need to change?

You have to unpack the car files in CM and edit whatever it is you'd like to change! Depends on whether it's suspension, engine, or whatever. What you'd be doing is tuning the car to your liking and just running that as the default setup.

Circuito dos Cristais - Curvelo
ERL ex AMS

Warning, WILL overwrite your original erl track if you have it.
Uses CSP for shader fixing, GrassFX, RainFX, will probably look quite crap without CSP.

DOWNLOAD

Second update, added three more tree types, so 4 in total now of the 8 in original track. All original materials used, just fix to duplicate the normals backwards and build some new Y/X/Star type tree constructs.

Thanks RCB. That looks much better than the first pass. :)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back