Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,772 comments
Amazing work! BTW, are you still working on the ELMS? I think you can transfer some ELMS skins to LeMans skins by just changing the numberplate:lol:
yeah, but most need some more little stickers and such.
but i will do a few new ones.

Btw am i the only one with performance issues at the new le mans?

Having just upgraded my CPU, I have noticed that with AC now if you use CSP and SOL there are so many variables.

So my new CPU means i can now play ACC with 15 AI on pretty much max settings, its improved pretty much all games, where some were running well its even better now, so DiRT was fine in single rally, but bogged down in rally cross, now its perfect...

AC though, with kunos cars i can push up to like 23 AI from 15 odd on test so far.
But then some mods cars just kill it.

There is so much that you can change that I am not even sure if there is stuff i have clicked on that is borking stuff somewhere.

I find with AC now that it can change in performance over 30 mins and i have to close it down and start again, or ever so often i clean out SOL and CSP and start again.

Basically the new stuff is great, but its a bit huge and has so many variables its impossible to say any of us are running the same game as the settings are so myriad and bloated.

If i go vanillia i can run huge fields of AI.

But i like the candy..

I glad for you, I run bigger races in VR in ACC without issue with my present CPU.

My post is about mod cars versus Kunos car. I can run big grid in AC with Kunos car, but with mod cars it is not working well, my fps drops. Again I am fine with Kunos cars and optimized mods.
So, again, specially when tying to offer complete series grid, like some of us have been offering recently, if the mod are not optimized, it is useless, as the not optimized mods are too hard on the systems.
So in resume, same numbers of cars same track, Kunos car all good, badly optimized mods not good.

Last edited:
Any of them? What 2, starlet and the stock car?
(Anything else you have seen is already available.)

Yes, once they are finished for sure.

Cool, Your Stock car-midget looking car is very good with all the additional grills. Look forward to when ever
you release them.

take care.

Hi guys,

Ok, so a question. I tried hunting for something rare....and didn't succeed :)
I was looking for a Dacia car, the Romanian national treasure :P, especially older model pre 1990 like the Dacia 1300
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_Dacia
but i found absolutely nothing, really there is not a single Dacia car out there ?
The closest I've found is the Group T1 Dakar-Spec Renault-Badged Dacia Duster by Assettogarage and reworked by Assettorallygrb - and that car was a conversion from the Gravel videogame.

just got done 1 more thing for the 9 car and numbers/logos for the number 10 car then the two final mclaren skin are complete

GvOKUrD.jpg

Bought the Bayro, but its a grid filler for me, I cannot handle the sound it makes, like a wheezing ashmatic at a bbq. Not sure if the real thing sounds like that, but if it does, poor owners..

You be the judge:

If you don't like the current sounds for the Bayro GTM, you can always take some YT samples Like the videos here and learn how to mix a new soundbank with FMOD.

I glad for you, I run bigger races in VR in ACC without issue with my present CPU.

My post is about mod cars versus Kunos car. I can run big grid in AC with Kunos car, but with mod cars it is not working well, my fps drops. Again I am fine with Kunos cars and optimized mods.
So, again, specially when tying to offer complete series grid, like some of us have been offering recently, if the mod are not optimized, it is useless, as the not optimized mods are too hard on the systems.
So in resume, same numbers of cars same track, Kunos car all good, badly optimized mods not good.

Well yeah, thats is my point. If they are mods cars they can have no lods etc.
I don't think someone making a grid preset should have to cater for anyones systems but their own though.
You can edit the presets and rid it of the worst offending cars or drop the AI number.

Like i said, the variables are so much now with CSP and SOL its impossible to say who is playing with the EXACT same settings in game..

At no point was i saying anything about inability in yours system so not sure why you had to knee jerk into going on about how great it is.

Clearly there are people running huge grids with mod cars on mod tracks and you are not.

The point about ACC was merely to say that game doesn't have mod cars or tracks muddying the water let alone a whole weather mod and CSP....

If someone says they are running 40 AI with mod cars who knows they aren't on the barest of settings?

If the presets don't work for you, either bin them, fiddle with them, or just use kunos cars.... not sure why the person who makes them should worry.

Still absolute rubbish. Can't even call it a GT63S, because no AMG has this type of wheel (9 spokes instead of 7):

and this is not the instrument cluster that the real car has, nor does it have this ugly needle:

However there's another GT 63 S and with a little luck it won't be private and he'll fix the MBUX so that it has the real car's:

As far as I know the one in the video is going to be free! He's also working on other models like the CLA. I think I read somewhere the eta is about 3 weeks for the GT63S

When nothing is working as you want it.. slightly change the color or base look of the texture you want to plant the grassfx on.

I hit the texture in gimp and played with red saturation then green saturation brush over specific areas, and a heavy blur filter on the brush, I think I am finally getting to something i can be happy with, bit more green saturation maybe,
upload_2020-9-21_7-13-32.png

I hit the texture in gimp and played with red saturation then green saturation brush over specific areas, and a heavy blur filter on the brush, I think I am finally getting to something i can be happy with, bit more green saturation maybe,
View attachment 959223

Do you know which setting allows me to tone down the exposure setting? Your current track is way too overexposed; I used to tone it down with the ta exposure setting in SOL config (page 21, sol 2.0) but it seems it is some kind of hardcoded and moving the slider does not cause any alteration?!

Do you know which setting allows me to tone down the exposure setting? Your current track is way too overexposed; I used to tone it down with the ta exposure setting in SOL config (page 21, sol 2.0) but it seems it is some kind of hardcoded and moving the slider does not cause any alteration?!

I have been having this issue with a few tracks now, I think its the csp. in game change weather away to a different weather and back and it kind of resets, in my case its odder, race starts out to dark, and gets progressively brighter and brighter,or vice versa, starts out to bright and then gets darker, but the sky stays the same, initially thought it might be cloud cover shadow setting, but, it happens on clear weather as well.

You can adjust any post processing filter exposure as well, open it in game and drag exposure to your liking. (sometimes need to change away to a different pp filter and change back.

note clip, same weather al the time, massively different exposure settings, so sometimes i just hit it a few times in sol weather till i find what i like,.

Last edited:
Having just upgraded my CPU, I have noticed that with AC now if you use CSP and SOL there are so many variables.

So my new CPU means i can now play ACC with 15 AI on pretty much max settings, its improved pretty much all games, where some were running well its even better now, so DiRT was fine in single rally, but bogged down in rally cross, now its perfect...

AC though, with kunos cars i can push up to like 23 AI from 15 odd on test so far.
But then some mods cars just kill it.

There is so much that you can change that I am not even sure if there is stuff i have clicked on that is borking stuff somewhere.

I find with AC now that it can change in performance over 30 mins and i have to close it down and start again, or ever so often i clean out SOL and CSP and start again.

Basically the new stuff is great, but its a bit huge and has so many variables its impossible to say any of us are running the same game as the settings are so myriad and bloated.

If i go vanillia i can run huge fields of AI.

But i like the candy..

I also just upgraded my PC with new CPU, mobo and ram. What did you upgrade to?

I went to a i9 10900k, MSI z490 board and 32gb ram. It's mostly to help improve the performance of the new Microsoft Flight Sim but has bumped up my AC / ACC fps quite a bit too.

Another from-scratch track I'm doing that's in the Philippines. I'm going to be releasing a version 0.95 of it in the next few days. I've been having a lot of fun working on my own tracks. I will most likely not go back to doing edits any time soon after finishing the last few edits in my swim-lane.

preview_promo.png

Zolder 2009 by RMi v1.01

Welcome to Zolder, Belgium 2009 for the first to play live from behind their PC’s directly against professional drivers who, at that very same moment, will be driving real GT cars on a real race track.

Source: Realtime Racing by Simbin
Conversion: RMi_wood
Tools: 3dSimed, paint.net, notepad (thats all)

Converted directly from RTR source for Assetto Corsa (I was a beta tester)
This is my first official conversion of a track to AC

Features:
- textures for most windows opened up for transparency*
- shadow casting and receiving for all TSO
- pits*
- custom surfaces*
- more shadows
- GrassFX*
- Lights/FX*
- did I mention all the shadows?

Caveats:
- AI**, Cameras**, Pits**, Timers** used from Zolder 2017 by Reboot Team

Screenshot_asr_1982_ferrari_126c2_rmi_zolder09_20-9-120-23-57-23.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1982_ferrari_126c2_rmi_zolder09_20-9-120-23-57-18.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1982_ferrari_126c2_rmi_zolder09_20-9-120-23-57-14.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1982_ferrari_126c2_rmi_zolder09_20-9-120-23-56-54.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1982_ferrari_126c2_rmi_zolder09_20-9-120-23-56-51.jpg

:: DOWNLOAD ::
- enjoy
*** easter-egg included

note: Post updated to v1.01

Last edited:
I also just upgraded my PC with new CPU, mobo and ram. What did you upgrade to?

I went to a i9 10900k, MSI z490 board and 32gb ram. It's mostly to help improve the performance of the new Microsoft Flight Sim but has bumped up my AC / ACC fps quite a bit too.

Nothing wildly special.
i7 4790
gtx 1060

Not just the map but its cars too, there's like an Alfa Romeo 159, Dodge Neon, Cadillac DTS, Dodge Gran Caravan and few more great mundane cars! :lol:
Cars can be ported the map on the other hand not so much I'm not sure if it was even ripped.

Yes, it's a ridiculous difference. Here my first few laps against ASR cars, I looked like Senna in the rain against the ASR AI. Without setup, first time running the car :lol: :

The '91 cars are improved from their previous versions, but they're still a bit too heavy by default.
To get them handling much more realistically in and out of the corners, change the ‘total mass’ value within each car’s ‘car.ini’ file from ‘totalmass=580’ to TOTALMASS=420.
This lowers the car’s weight enough, so that they now have even more realistic looking(and feeling) response and car handling, instead of the relatively sluggish cornering they had previously. The a.i are now much more competitive a result, when set to 100%, as they begin to utilise their drivetrains much more efficiently.

I'm not a car maker for AC, so I don't know if AC automatically adds the driver's weight on top of what's already in the car.ini or not. If it does auto-add it, then it definitely shouldn't be 580, as those cars hovered just above 500 KG(the enforced limit back then), in which case 505KG should work also.

Last edited:
Silver Queen Raceway, based inside Silver Queen Mine is now up on my Patreon feed.

I do feel a bit of pressure to keep putting out new content on Patreon, and therefore am building up a hefty backlog of tracks that are about 90% done. I think I need to take a month or two off from making new ideas and requests, and just finish a lot of the ones that are very close to crossing the finish line.

If I may say (as one of your Patrons)... that would be a great idea. I'd love to see more of what you've already started fully finished before other new tracks. Many of your track layouts are really good, but the lack of optimisation and final polishing limits their use in actual racing.

:cheers:

The '91 cars are improved from their previous versions, but they're still a bit too heavy by default.
To get them handling much more realistically in and out of the corners, change the ‘total mass’ value within each car’s ‘car.ini’ file from ‘totalmass=580’ to TOTALMASS=420.
This lowers the car’s weight enough, so that they now have even more realistic looking(and feeling) response and car handling, instead of the relatively sluggish cornering they had previously. The a.i are now much more competitive a result, when set to 100%, as they begin to utilise their drivetrains much more efficiently.

That's... Quite a steep drop in total mass. Would setting it to 505kg make the cars still too heavy to keep up with the new RSS?

Hi Safi. Have a look at this post. You may well find your slowdowns are caused by the assettocorsa.exe getting logged as 'faulty' in Windows due to various bugs that have made it crash too often and added a flag that slow it down. So, if you add 'assettocorsa.exe' and 'Content Manager.exe' to the 'fault tolerant heap' exclusion list in the registry editor, things may well improve.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1585#post-13210036

This youtube video shows how to add a program to the exclusion list. If you follow the steps shown and just add the AC and CSP apps to the exlusion list instead of the app that added in the video, that's all there is to it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back