Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,821 comments
FYI...

Fujimi Kaido Update

You should see the "hamburger bars" at the top right of Content Manager glowing green, where you can drop down and install the update. It is downloaded from Google Drive, so there may be download limits imposed every few hours.

Download link (not sure if it's updated) in the description.

Is it showing as Version 1.1 for you? That's the latest update I can find.

Has anyone else had any weird experiences at Mills Metropark recently? Like some really stretched textures that go across the track when CSP is active.

I tried to take a screenshot but the textures seem to reset when it's rendering and then stretch again once the photo is taken.
RSS cars? Issue with "force low Res cockpits" on graphics adjustments page of csp

Hi Guys.
I have a problem with Custom Shader Patch: when i try to launch the game i have this error.
Immagine 2020-12-21 083142.png

Immagine 2020-12-21 083126.png

The game starts well without Custom Shader Patch anyway... how i can fix? :-)

Thank you! :-)

Interiors are darker in Kunos cars because many new VAO patches were recently uploaded on almost all of kunos cars that were missing them. Many old Kunos cars weren't made properly and some of them didn't even have AO on interiors so VAO tries to patch that a bit, in some cases making them too dark
Thanks.
Is there anything I can do to put back to normal. Many thanks.

Hey guys. So I bought Assetto Corsa on Steam a long time ago and haven't been updating it or playing it at all. Recently it hit me that I could use it as a platform to do something I enjoy in real life, bombing up and down canyon/mountain roads. So I thought about updating the game and looking for some mods to do just that. Anyone have any recommendations?

slightly OT but the last update to BeamNG really hit the spot for some mountain/beach bombing of a different sort if its your thing. Really wish we could get these tracks into AC.

131472139_1571169159739012_2768362944559866907_o.jpg

131669039_1571168963072365_2165130638043429081_o.jpg

Last edited:
I cant say .. but seems Content Manager does not like being run from the desktop and cannot find the files it needs.

The game starts well without Custom Shader Patch anyway... how i can fix? :-)

do you mean to say "Content Manager", or "Custom Shaders Patch" ?
These are 2 different things (that are usually installed together) and are separate issues to troubleshoot your problem

I cant say .. but seems Content Manager does not like being run from the desktop and cannot find the files it needs.

do you mean to say "Content Manager", or "Custom Shaders Patch" ?
These are 2 different things (that are usually installed together) and are separate issues to troubleshoot your problem

Without Custom Shaders Patch. Sorry for my mistake.
When i remove Custom Shaders Patch, the game starts without any problem.

No ideas, sorry. I have never once had an issue with CSP.
I used to install it before I had Content Manager, without issues using JSGME.
I used to install it separate from Content Manager, without issues using jSGME.
Now I use Content Manager to install it, without issues.

Is your AC install legitimate? Newer versions of Custom Shaders Patch will not work with cracked/fake Assetto Corsa.

No ideas, sorry. I have never once had an issue with CSP.
I used to install it before I had Content Manager, without issues using JSGME.
I used to install it separate from Content Manager, without issues using jSGME.
Now I use Content Manager to install it, without issues.

Is your AC install legitimate? Newer versions of Custom Shaders Patch will not work with cracked/fake Assetto Corsa.

My Assetto Corsa Copy it's legal, buyed from Stream some months ago.
Well.. thanks anyway :-)
I hope i can fix this problem :(

Another find on Fecebook...

Steve Stirpe
shared a post.

oJUaDQAiBQe.png

Admin
· 1h ·

Porsche 718 PFAFF1 HP500
Last version for this Boxster engine. Has some neat stuff Nav, everything is adjustable, colors, etc. There was quite a bit of time spent on this version. Physics might be adjusted later in another update.

Porsche 718 PFAFF1 HP500
https://mega.nz/file/ep1zGCpT...

View attachment 979387

I'm really enjoying this little beastie. Does anyone know where there are any more Pfaff1 mods?

EDIT: Ah. Seems it's from that 'Assetto Corsa Tuned Mods & 4k Photos' Facebook Group that was mentioned a few pages back, which sucks if you don't (and won't) do Facebook. :guilty:

EDIT2: Note to Steve Stirpe and Darren Donnellan: Please share your mods here and make more people more happy.:dopey:

Last edited:
its it me, or are most of the latest raved about mods mostly about "looks" as opposed to "driving"?
seems all the "big features" relate to lights, shaders, paint, etc... and not much about how it feels / drives. All screens are beauty shots.

If the car cant drive... I could care less about looks.

maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:
its it me, or are most of the latest raved about mods mostly about "looks" as opposed to "driving"?
seems all the "big features" relate to lights, shaders, paint, etc... and not much about how it feels / drives. All screens are beauty shots.

maybe I'm wrong.

You may well be right, but for me, the best mods tick both the 'drives well' and 'looks good' boxes.

Last edited:
You may well be right, but for me, the best mods tick both the 'drives well' and 'looks good' boxes.

100%, immersion to me has to be 2 fold. feel is, obviously, most important, but it kinda ruins it if it looks totally out of place compared to it's surroundings

maybe I'm wrong.
Not gonna lie, I spend just as much time in photo mode as I do racing a car.

RSS cars? Issue with "force low Res cockpits" on graphics adjustments page of csp

I saw "1.4" as it was updating via CM, but it's still showing "1.1" in the track's description. Likely the json file wasn't updated in the ui folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few more cars and drivers edited from the 24 Hours of Le Mans. In this case, Aston Martin DR1.300 (I just changed the name of the car). Good oil marks on the drivers' helmet and face. I used the (DRIVER_open_face), but as you don't have the glasses, pinned over the face file, it's worth the fun.

where can I get these? I am gathering mods to put into a Le Mans 66, much of them I want to improve with better skins (dirty) and certainly better driver skins. These are great!

I really appreciate a mod that looks good, especially a high-quality interior as I use VR. However, it's probably the biggest disappointment of all for my sim-racing when a great-looking car has physics that feel like something from ten years ago, or it's obvious they just cut and pasted the physics from something else. Some mods even feel like they're "rotating" on an invisible center wheel.

The "modders" most notorious for this are those that charge $30-60 for their mods (as reported by others). They "pop" out a popular car mod, make them look really good (most of the time), and this entices, or dupes some people into buying them. However, the buyer gets the mod, find it drives like crap, sends a message to these "modders" to improve the mod, and they're ignored. They got their $$$. They don't care about "perfecting" their mods.

Fortunately, there's a lot more "legitimate" modders that have a great passion for what they're doing. They want feedback and will make updates until their mod is perfect, both in physics and appearance. And that's what keeps this community going strong, and continually pumping life into AC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be a wrong usage of lights.ini to set OFF_COLOR. I'll wait to know which cars are specifically affected. I tried the Alfa 33 and the Miura and they work fine for me
I can't seem to replicate it today after a PC restart and fresh load of CM, so hopefully something was hanging with configs or whatnot. If it happens again I'll post which cars are affected. Thanks again for the offer of help.
I've seen the same problem mentioned a few times recently in a few places so it seems to be a general (if fairly rare) issue, and someone's even started a thread about it here at GTP:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...lighting-up-the-headlights-backlights.397297/

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back