Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,806 comments
@Viola Seven

Hi ! :)

I’m excited to test it.
I often wrote on the VRC forum (I bought the car in his first beta version) about a "sawmill sound" in the back of the acoustic spectrum which dislikes me, even if the global sound is obviously good.

Unfortunately, I have to work, go back home but no doubt, I will post my feeling in a constructive way later.

Cheers ! :cheers:

Last edited:
slightly OT but the last update to BeamNG really hit the spot for some mountain/beach bombing of a different sort if its your thing. Really wish we could get these tracks into AC.

131472139_1571169159739012_2768362944559866907_o.jpg

131669039_1571168963072365_2165130638043429081_o.jpg

Not to the right, not to the right... Not to the left too, not to the left too ! XD

Mid-Ohio RainFX config. This is for the Zwiss/Terra21 version, which can be found here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1505#post-13191947

Mid-Ohio has long been a favourite track of mine, with its elevation changes and great flow. I hope you enjoy.

Please note: the config doesn't have fancier details with stream point/stream edge values (for water streaming off buildings, etc). But when I learn how that works, I'll go back and update any configs I release without it.

View attachment 979376

sorry, doesn't work for me? i have the right version and i also tried to copy the raintext in the extension file in the main trackfolder, but all i get is wet surface in the pit and wet sidelines. the track itsself remain dry. any idea what i do wrong?
thank you!

In light on a few comment on mod car quality or lack off, I recently read in this pages, One perfect example of the "perfect" mod is highlighted in an other great video from @SimRacing604
A mod car mentioned from @Aphidgod shows how hard work, passion and talent can bring exceptional content to AC, showing how great a SIM AC can be, but also demonstrate how many mods we encounter fall short, both in graphic accuracy and physic, but mostly physic. I am, and we should all be, grateful we have access to those lesser mods, but at the same time not forget, the myriads of outstanding mods we have available to us trough the years.
Now might be a good time, in those pages, to nominated our AC mod car and track of the year, maybe enabling all of us to retry (or even try) some outstanding mods we have had the privilege to encounter this year.

Last edited:
Anyone has a 458 Speciale, where the materials aren't dog****?
I have a version where there's no MAP or Normals for the wheels. Unfortunately I can't seem to fix it with 3dsimed.

Zolder 2009 v1.21

Zolder was laserscanned in 2009 by Simbin/RaceRoom for Real Time Racing, a free game that featured special events with virtual vs live race cars.
This title is now abandonware

Screenshot_asr_1982_ferrari_126c2_rmi_zolder09_20-9-120-23-57-14.jpg

Converted by RMi for Assetto Corsa + CSP

Features:
- textures for most windows opened up for transparency
  • shadow casting and receiving for all TSO
  • custom surfaces
  • GrassFX, Lights/FX

Caveats:
- AI*, Cameras*, Pits*, Timers* used from Zolder 2017 by Reboot Team
changelog v1.11:
- physical mesh by @frankalexandre

Changelog v1.01:
  • pit area fixed by @damone13x
  • hole in grass turn 2 fixed

:: DOWNLOAD ::
note: I cannot upload this to RD, thus... GTP is the home for this track

Zolder 2009 v1.21 (final update)

Changelog v1.21
  • physical road mesh by @pugsang
  • new AI
  • new cameras
  • more CSP features...
  • extensive lights update
  • RainFX (beta)

Changelog v1.11:
- physical mesh by @frankalexandre added

:: DOWNLOAD v1.11 ::
:: DOWNLOAD v1.21 ::

Last edited:

Attachments

• LagunaSeca_RainFX.txt
    930 bytes · Views: 101
sorry, doesn't work for me? i have the right version and i also tried to copy the raintext in the extension file in the main trackfolder, but all i get is wet surface in the pit and wet sidelines. the track itsself remain dry. any idea what i do wrong?
thank you!

You said you copied the text into the main track folder; it needs to go into the config located into the AC\Extension folder.. did you try that?
I'll double-check the config on my end as well; thanks!

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying this little beastie. Does anyone know where there are any more Pfaff1 mods?

EDIT: Ah. Seems it's from that 'Assetto Corsa Tuned Mods & 4k Photos' Facebook Group that was mentioned a few pages back, which sucks if you don't (and won't) do Facebook. :guilty:

EDIT2: Note to Steve Stirpe and Darren Donnellan: Please share your mods here and make more people more happy.:dopey:

Fortunately, Santa just started his long journey. Check your chimney(PM).

its it me, or are most of the latest raved about mods mostly about "looks" as opposed to "driving"?
seems all the "big features" relate to lights, shaders, paint, etc... and not much about how it feels / drives. All screens are beauty shots.

If the car cant drive... I could care less about looks.

maybe I'm wrong.

Another curious statment.

I am saying this for months! Checking my posts, anyone can see that many months ago, I started pointing this. As usual nobody had comment.
Good luck. You might get more feedback than me. AC is walking from paradise to hell.

Presently, if a car work on a CSP 'X', the track I want only work on CSP 'Z'.
Next car I want to drive only work on CSP 'Y'. But wait, some AI cars to work need CSP 'W'
Next chosed car don't work well on the prvious CSP, here I go try a different CSP, try one, two, three different CSP. Wait, finally I hit the right CSP.
This time it is again the CSP 'Y'......... BS!!!

Just because a moving switch and more redundant details. All this in a racing game. Where it is supposed to drive at high speed, focused in avoiding to hit opponent cars at the same time we try to drive hard enough, to achieve the best position on track.

Note: I am not saying that I don't like or want some features! It is just the unbalanced balance, at this game is going to.

In light on a few comment on mod car quality or lack off, I recently read in this pages, One perfect example of the "perfect" mod is highlighted in an other great video from @SimRacing604
A mod car mentioned from @Aphidgod shows how hard work, passion and talent can bring exceptional content to AC, showing how great a SIM AC can be, but also demonstrate how many mods we encounter fall short, both in graphic accuracy and physic, but mostly physic. I am, and we should all be, grateful we have access to those lesser mods, but at the same time not forget, the myriads of outstanding mods we have available to us trough the years.
Now might be a good time, in those pages, to nominated our AC mod car and track of the year, maybe enabling all of us to retry (or even try) some outstanding mods we have had the privilege to encounter this year.

yup, wow Mike hit this video on the head for best car track combo of 2020..

The 488 gte in rf2 is the BOMB, easily the best car Ive ever driven in a sim in the combo on Portland! Been my goto combo for a few weeks now.
My next favorite this year has been the Opala 86 on Historic Kyalami in AMS2. Sucha good combo!
For AC my combo has been the Geroda Porshe 356/A on Fat Alphies Deutschlandring

I cant understand why having all the hard work with a nice convertion and leaving it with such poor resolution road layer. It makes the game physics so poor and notchy.

several tracks with several members are worked on here all at once, its usually a combination effort, one guy really good at converting assets, another good at AI , I try help with tree plane conversion and a bit of CSP configging, another good at camera etc etc. Put you hand up to work with track convertor crews to assist in the conversions?

(there is a lack of 3d editting guys available though, and the few are spread a bit thin because they mostly working on cars not tracks, maybe list your software skills and what you can add and you may get invited into a few of the dozens of chats happening in the background on the forum, typically i have 20X more PM's than there are notifications on this forum! ;) )

Last edited:
High resolution mesh for vhe Santa Cruz. I cant understand why having all the hard work with a nice convertion and leaving it with such poor resolution road layer. It makes the game physics so poor and notchy feel because we are driving over a low poly surface. Force-feedback become so bad. Well...

Some of us either don't 3d model, or cant (in my case). The most I can do is separate a mesh and cut a few faces in 3dSimed.
To do this I MUST use a TOE to press the CTL key and my ONE and ONLY hand to move the mouse.

Sorry I cant meet this standard for you, but I do thank you for your contributions.

Last edited:
Some of us either don't 3d model, or cant (in my case). The most I can do is separate a mesh and cut a few faces in 3dSimed.
To do this I MUST use a TOE to press the CTL key and my ONE and ONLY hand to move the mouse.

Sorry I cant meet this standard for you, but I do thank you for your contributions.

Yo dude, pass the Crash Bandicoot track to @frankalexandre that track still on my todo list to get the meshes subdivided and smoothed. Otherwise I will try get to it after i add value tothe Ibarra track with Vheeth over the xmas break.

(I am adding the NL V3 motion to my rig soon and I think this track might actually throw me out of my rig!! But its such a winner for looks though! ;) )

Last edited:
Didn't somebody already post this? If not, why not? It makes LA Canyons look like the Soapbox Derby.

Maybe cause this might be a SimTraxx made track. Allot of SimTraxx tracks are you have to purchase some of them and paid tracks are not posted on Gtplanet. Being a member of SimTraxx, I havent followed this track for a while. So whether another person made their own free version of the track or SimTraxx made it free to get, I am not sure. Just answering your question why not?

take care.

Yo dude, pass the Crash Bandicoot track to @frankalexandre that track still on my todo list to get the meshes subdivided and smoothed. Otherwise I will try get to it after i add value tothe Ibarra track with Vheeth over the xmas break.
heh... he might not want to do arcade tracks (for the children of GTP for Christmas), or does he?

Toad Circuit is smoothed and ready (need to add a few pit/start)
Screenshot_vrc_2007_mclaren_mp4-22_rmi_toadcircuit_21-12-120-21-22-52.jpg Screenshot_vrc_2007_mclaren_mp4-22_rmi_toadcircuit_21-12-120-21-22-24.jpg

SherbetLand could use some help and the CrashB track needs a smooth, I dont know the status of these since I sent them out.
Screenshot_ks_alfa_33_stradale_rmi_sherbertland_19-10-120-22-14-27.jpg

Crash B.
Screenshot_ks_alfa_33_stradale_rmi_cttrfairy2_19-10-120-22-4-45.jpg

Volcano Circuit isn't bad, but has some serious "jumps" on elevation changes.
(animated lava flows and glowing magma would be cool)
Screenshot_vrc_2007_mclaren_mp4-22_rmi_volcanocircuit_21-12-120-21-11-48.jpg

:)

Hi everyone!

Silverstone 1999 and AbuDhabi as a little pre-Christmas present ;) ;)

Silverstone: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dtv9egec7lj6zey/silverstone_1999_v05.rar/file
preview_silverstone99.jpg

- Based on a quite bad version from RD
- Visually overhauled
- New Racesurface
- GrassFX, RainFX, Seasons, etc.

AbuDhabi: https://www.mediafire.com/file/c3p8w6rb614mqpt/yasmarina_2020.rar/file
preview_yasmarina2020.jpg

-Based on ACU version 1.05
- GrassFX, RainFX
- Lights done with CustomEmissives, so maybe not fully compatible with other skins.
- New AI

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I've done a Bentley 2018 conversion from ACC. Visually nice, Interior not fully finished.
Don't know if it should be released here, let me know. Also help with Physics and Interior (Dash) recommend.
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay Safe and Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Maybe cause this might be a SimTraxx made track. Allot of SimTraxx tracks are you have to purchase some of them and paid tracks are not posted on Gtplanet. Being a member of SimTraxx, I havent followed this track for a while. So whether another person made their own free version of the track or SimTraxx made it free to get, I am not sure. Just answering your question why not?

take care.

Just to let you know that the last version of the Targa Florio is in sale on Simtraxx website ... for free. I don't know how much time it will be, so I suggest you to go and grab it, It is worth a try and quite fun (at least for the challenge to perform a lap without error with an old car from those years, as the 911 RSR that won in 73... ) During last covid lockdown, it was like having a real trip by car.

(I had the membership to Simtraxx quite long ago, especially to get this track, because I already had a lot of fun on it on a GTR2 former conversion, and like this layout so much ! ),

Maybe I should also get the Patreon membership for the other version that is currently being built...somebody here have already compared those 2 versions ?

It makes LA Canyons look like the Soapbox Derby

The day that we have a version of Targa that looks even remotely as good as the amazing LA Canyon mod we will be able to compare. For now I will exchange 20 version of any Targa Florio out there for one version of LA Canyon.
@Phoenix77 did a fantastic job with LA Canyon and we are very fortunate to have it in AC.

Last edited:
thank you!

Ivan.. I did check my file, and it indeed works okay for me. Please double check that you placed it in the correct config; the directions are in the text file as well.
I hope this helps!

Hi everyone!

Silverstone 1999 and AbuDhabi as a little pre-Christmas present ;) ;)

Silverstone: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dtv9egec7lj6zey/silverstone_1999_v05.rar/file
View attachment 979721
- Based on a quite bad version from RD
- Visually overhauled
- New Racesurface
- GrassFX, RainFX, Seasons, etc.

AbuDhabi: https://www.mediafire.com/file/c3p8w6rb614mqpt/yasmarina_2020.rar/file
View attachment 979722

-Based on ACU version 1.05
- GrassFX, RainFX
- Lights done with CustomEmissives, so maybe not fully compatible with other skins.
- New AI

;---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also I've done a Bentley 2018 conversion from ACC. Visually nice, Interior not fully finished.
Don't know if it should be released here, let me know. Also help with Physics and Interior (Dash) recommend.
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay Safe and Merry Christmas!

Omg thank you!!.. and yes please release the bentley too, we've been waiting for one for centuries i think xD

I cant say .. but seems Content Manager does not like being run from the desktop and cannot find the files it needs.

odd thing is it always worked on my desktop, and I used it like that for ages , BUT, I then copied it into the root of AC install and put a shortcut to desktop instead, cannot say why or how but everything just got better, FPS and FFB. I think there are some files it struggles to find if not in the root of AC.

odd thing is it always worked on my desktop, and I used it like that for ages , BUT, I then copied it into the root of AC install and put a shortcut to desktop instead, cannot say why or how but everything just got better, FPS and FFB. I think there are some files it struggles to find if not in the root of AC.

Hi, so in the file where the CSP dwrite.dl thing is?
steamapps/common/assettocorsa

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back