Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,743 comments
Fair enough. I like that all of your tracks are very small in size, and still managed to look rather decent (for a mobile game conversion, relatively speaking).

Looking forward to your WMMT conversions đź‘Ť Will it just be garage scenes or will you convert the big highway tracks as well?
So far we have already done: Mt Taikan, C1, Belt Line, Wangan, Yokohane, Minato Mirai, Shibuya, Ikebukuro and Hakone.
Still missing: Yaesu, Hanshin (Osaka), Nagoya, Fukuoka, Kobe and Hiroshima.
https://wanganmaxi-official.com/wanganmaxi6/en/system/course/

For mobile games, would be interesting to see if tracks from NFS No Limits can be ripped? All the tracks in the original game are actually connected to form a freeroam area, but you can't drive them like this in game due to hardware limitations.
zhufcgfer23y.jpg

Subsequent game updates added lots of other environments as well (Desert, Coast, Mountain, Erwick and Airport), but most of them are just short point to point tracks <1 minute in length so probably not worth it.
I gotta say, having races in WMMT tracks feels awesome when racing against rivals or cruise with your fellow drivers at night.
They put a lot of effort on porting those maps to AC so i can just have fun driving a F1 machine...although it may be dangerous to drive one of these in the highway in real life.

As for the NFS mobile game, there isn't any users who managed to rip the tracks from that game. So we'll expect to see this in AC.

From FB: Porsche Beck 904 by Mac Ten

View attachment 990033

Mac Ten
After a long wait it is finally here...
Chuck Beck is renowned among Porsche enthusiasts for his 550 Spyder replicas. They began producing replicas of this famous car in 1998. Since that time, Beck also jointly-developed the Shogun concept car, and produced a competitive race car with his replica of the Lister.
Chuck's latest production car is the Beck 904 replica. This replica is based upon the car that was originally produced by Porsche as a dual-purpose street/race car and marketed under the name Carrera GTS beginning in 1963. Porsche only produced about 100 of these cars in order to satisfy the GT homologation requirements for racing.
This car was unique for Porsche since it was their first car which utilized a body fabricated wholly from fiberglass. This resulted in a very lightweight and aerodynamic body, which in combination with its powerful mid-chassis mounted engine, produced a highly-successful race car. The beauty of the Carrera GTS body, its racing heritage, extreme power to weight ratio, and the fact that it was the only dual purpose street/race car produced by Porsche, makes it highly desirable.
In reverence to the original, Chuck Beck has designed, built and is now producing his replica of the 904. Based upon his long history of racing and experience in building and modifying cars, Chuck has created a replica with improvements that the designers could only dream about in 1963.
This version of the Beck 904 is equipped with a 1974 911 RSR spec flat six engine. With 400 hp at 8,000 rpm, thanks to dual ignition and larger valves and cylinders and, open headers. The chassis uses adjustable coil over shocks and, Porsche 917 brakes.
A Special thanks to my fellow test driver and, actual Porsche 911 owner and race driver form the land of Oz Tony D'Andrea. For the hours of testing that went into this. Much appreciated brother !

Download
https://mega.nz/file/1DBH1aLJ#fUKlyCh_P5qvdCb1-tg5Elb0PvEqV6ztvy8siqoBJHU
Extra tire textures
https://mega.nz/file/0CZlkABR#OJhDUODCJu7OxuEumnsG2jC6JctYCxA2viCDg0I8SwQ
Template
https://mega.nz/file/Fb4kwBYI#-KI3i-bFayO4ANUrHZI_77fqiNIC-7OoblK8fv3Xhuc
Not a bad car this but it does have a few issues. There's chatter about a fixed/updated 1.4 version doing the rounds. Anyone have it?

Thanks.
A tip: better change the folder name to mazda_furai_tweaked (not Tweaked). With the capital letter T, CM will not record speed and driven distance.

Thank you for telling me.

This is an excellent update. Content Manager reports that it's using v3 Tires. Though it seems to drive well as is, setting it up with newer v7 tires would improve it, as the newer tire model provides more detail and flex. However, you may have to adjust the car's handling. If I generate new-version tires for it, this seems to affect the handling.

I will have to look at or create better tyres for this. Since this is a concept finding data can be quite difficult. I believe LMP1/LMP2 tyres from around 2007/2008 would fit well. Since the chassis of this car is based on a Courage C65 and this concept was unveiled on 27 December 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
These entries in driver3d.ini, need to match the names the driver model uses.

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

Further to @GzeroD's tip, if some idiot encrypts the mod with the face and helmet still visible and you're therefore blocked from editing the data file, put this in an extension/ext_config.ini

;to hide driver face/helmet on encrypted mods
[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_1]

(thanks to AlleyViper for the tip)

I've tried these fixes on the two mods below, from Uncle M, that have this issue--apparently I can't figure out the correct setting for the driver3d.ini, and the ext_config.ini quickfix doesn't seem to work. If we can figure out how to fix this, I'll pass it back to Uncle M. While most of his mods don't have this issue, he seems interested in a fix, but can't test fixes because he doesn't have VR.

Dodge Stealth -- I know the tuned version has this issue, haven't tested the other.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8xagfg26nbn2vrx/Dodge_Stealth_1996_by_UNCLE_M.rar/file

Chevrolet Camaro SS 2002
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rya132pdp09rje8/Chevrolet_Camaro_SS_2002_by_Uncle_M.rar/file

Yes, these aren't the most desirable cars, but all the "rich kids" had them while I was in college.

Here's Uncle M's Youtube channel (in case anyone missed the previous post about it)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn_H5tuLB2nvSw1kUTMQanQ/featured

Last edited:
here:
https://we.tl/t-zinU1wecOu

v1.4 update by Sally Slurper

all credits goes to @sally Slurper

edit: and Mac Ten as project author
Great - thanks. Sounds like quite a few improvements from the UI notes:

Porsche Beck 904 by MAC TEN Updated v1.4 by Sally Slurper
driver model swap; steer/shift animation fixed; instrument lights fixed; flames moved/duplicated/fixed; skins added; rear light brightness changed; cabin shader values changed; config added for glossier paint

Not a bad car this but it does have a few issues. There's chatter about a fixed/updated 1.4 version doing the rounds. Anyone have it?

here:
https://we.tl/t-zinU1wecOu

v1.4 update by Sally Slurper

all credits goes to @sally Slurper

edit: and Mac Ten as project author

The 3D model is just beautiful. However, physics-wise, it's too "floaty" and the steering seems to be overly sensitive. It also tends to pull to one side under hard braking. It's just not a "fun" and rewarding car to drive--start to push it, and it quickly goes beyond it's unrealistic limits. It reminds me of iRacing physics, which are good until you reach edge of grip--and that's where their physics model ends. I was trained to win races and set record lap times by going "beyond" grip when necessary, and as circumstances allow, in a controlled fashion to get an advantage. That's why I can't stand iRacing (as most real-world experienced drivers do), and that's what is "ruining" this mod in it's current state. It should be fun to drive, you can "thrash" it a little, and rely on it's mid-engine layout to "plant" the rear tires and propel the car out of turns and down the exit line. Such a shame, because it's such a nice looking car, inside and out. So physics-masters, see what you can do.

I've tried these fixes on the two mods below, from Uncle M, that have this issue--apparently I can't figure out the correct setting for the driver3d.ini, and the ext_config.ini quickfix doesn't seem to work

replace:
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975_SUB0
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975_SUB3
[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975_SUB1
[HIDE_OBJECT_3]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET_1975_SUB2
[HIDE_OBJECT_4]
NAME=DRIVER:Driver_Body_SUB0

by
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]

in
driver3d.ini

just tested it, works fine.
make sure you are not using data.acd
the cars are not encrypted

Last edited:
replace:
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
[HIDE_OBJECT_3]
[HIDE_OBJECT_4]

by
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]

in
driver3d.ini

Yeah, was just about to say the naming of the meshes he's trying to hide in the config was all effed up.
If in doubt, use Objects Inspector to get the mesh names.
@imported_ApexVGear if you are going to contact Uncle M about this can you PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ask him to get the wheel and hands in synch during the steering animation. It's almost always wrong on his cars and it's a pain in the ass changing it every time.
He makes the same mistake a lot of modders seem to make which is setting this based on the steering lock of the car, so he tends to use 450 degrees. This is invariably wrong. In 99% of cases it should be 360 with extremely rare exceptions.

[MODEL]
NAME=2016_Driver
POSITION=-0.0,0.0,0.0
[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

I'm sure he can check these things without having VR, eg the visible face/helmet should be viewable by moving the driver's eye position backwards, even in 2D. I'm guessing he uses chase cam or bonnet cam?

Last edited:
@Masscot , while I also set 99% wheel degrees to 360, would you say the idea behind it is to emulate a nervous steering wheel behaviour, as seen in comparison videos between AC and real life? (Which makes more sense in rally cars, btw)

Last edited:
@Masscot , while I also set 99% wheel degrees to 360, would you say the idea behind it is to emulate a nervous steering wheel behaviour, as seen in comparison videos between AC and real life?
You mean where the driver's hands are so slick with sweat that he can't grip the wheel properly and it slips through his fingers like it's covered in butter?
:lol:

(in case you were being serious, check all Kunos cars - the hands grip the wheel and it never slips. I think it's just some modders not understanding - or caring - what the numbers mean)

Last edited:
Are the URD T5 2018 mod AI cars damn slow for everybody else or is that just me?
I raced around kunos Spa with kunos AI at 90% strength, and - I'm by no means the fastest driver, especially not with my xbox xontroller - at the end of a 20 lap race I was 62 seconds ahead of the first AI car. Normally at 90% strength I'm second to last or somewhere about that.
Particularly on the Kemmel straight they seemed to be at least 10 kph slower than me with both on default setup.
I don't know what's causing this, but it's quite annoying to be honest

replace:
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
[HIDE_OBJECT_3]
[HIDE_OBJECT_4]

by
[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
[HIDE_OBJECT_1]

in
driver3d.ini

Yeah, was just about to say the naming of the meshes he's trying to hide in the config was all effed up.
If in doubt, use Objects Inspector to get the mesh names.
@imported_ApexVGear if you are going to contact Uncle M about this can you PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ask him to get the wheel and hands in synch during the steering animation. It's almost always wrong on his cars and it's a pain in the ass changing it every time.
He makes the same mistake a lot of modders seem to make which is setting this based on the steering lock of the car, so he tends to use 450 degrees. This is invariably wrong. In 99% of cases it should be 360 with extremely rare exceptions.

[MODEL]
NAME=2016_Driver
POSITION=-0.0,0.0,0.0
[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

I'm sure he can check these things without having VR, eg the visible face/helmet should be viewable by moving the driver's eye position backwards, even in 2D. I'm guessing he uses chase cam or bonnet cam?

Yep, that fixed it. I've forwarded this information to Uncle M about fixing the visible helmet/face issue, and making corrections to the steering animation. Hopefully he'll understand that we like his mods, and just want to help him improve them.

Ema
Circuito de la Comunidad Valenciana Ricardo Tormo
v1.1

- Updated tracklimits by Zombieboy
- Fixed barriers collision by CrisT86
- Alternative AI by KevinK2 (see in /ai subfolder)
- Alternative camera_facing.ini, with less spectators to improve framerate (see in /data subfolder)

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...unidad-valenciana-ricardo-tormo.39527/updates

flou-valencia.png Pasflou-barca.png

Hello, I have a problem with this track, the edges and the white lines on the edge of the track are blurry. I don't know what to do to improve this. On Kunos circuits, same car and same settings, I don't have this problem. Do you have a solution ?

Hello, I have a problem with this track, the edges and the white lines on the edge of the track are blurry. I don't know what to do to improve this. On Kunos circuits, same car and same settings, I don't have this problem. Do you have a solution ?

In Content Manager, go to Settings > Assetto Corsa > Video and under Quality, increase the Anisotropic Filtering. I have mine set at 16x. This helps with most tracks, especially where the lines are modeled separately from the road surface. However, if the lines are part of the material for the road surface (some conversions and older tracks), increasing this setting may not improve those.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back