Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,766 comments
You can use "Ningbo", just not "Ningbo International Circuit"

because = "Ningbo is a city in Zhejiang province"

The more important question... who's Copyright jurisdiction?
China's? USA? UK? Italy? Zimbabwe?
(which actually comes into play only WHERE the actual file is stored)

note:: Unless it is a game rip. Example, I converted a track publicly available from GTR2, which was converted from TOCA3. I kept the original name "Loch Rannoch", to which Codemasters searched and found on RD and asked for removal. Had I renamed the track 'Lost Loch" (example), it would likely still be on RD (I should try to re-upload with different name)

Last edited:
hello, how do you rate the Velos mods ??
I would like to download:
Mercedes 300SL W198 (Race)
Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato 1960-1963 (Version 1.2.0)
JAGUAR 'E' TYPE LIGHTWEIGHT

Last edited:
Reworked ACU Sepang Track.
Added Cams and GrassFX.
ACU Sepang.jpg

Excuse my abhorrent Lateness to replying to this comment, but you do realize every Ferrari GT2 and E were all around 7000 RPM and below right? Heck, the 458 GTE in 2014 despite being a screamer had been one of the lowest in the 6000 RPM rev range. The reason the C8.R doesn't scream is purely the way the exhaust header/system is shaped. The sound doesn't bounce in a way to make a scream, rather you get the gruff sound you here irl. If you saw in some of it's early test videos, specifically the one at sebring, it was much closer to a Ferrari scream than it was now, cause back then GM had a different exhaust header/system they were testing with.

The difference in sound is attributable to the C8.R's flat-plane crankshaft (which yields more torque at the expense of more vibration) vs. a normal cruciform (or cross-plane) crank. It also yields a truly nasty exhaust 'note'.

Hi,
Do you know this fictional track for Assetto Corsa? if yes do you know if there is a grass fx ..The flow seems not bad

Thanks

When was the last time Mars was that close to Earth?

Last edited:
The difference in sound is attributable to the C8.R's flat-plane crankshaft (which yields more torque at the expense of more vibration) vs. a normal cruciform (or cross-plane) crank. It's also yields a truly nasty exhaust 'note'.

You act as if I didn't factor that in. It's why I was comparing the C8.R to other flatplane cars only. The original poster was making it out to seem as if RPM is the only determining factor that makes a car a screamer, and I was correcting him bytelling him it was in fact the way the exhaust header/system is set up that makes the sound of a car, and that not all screamers have high RPM by saying that most of the Ferrari GT2/Es were all screamers at, or even below the RPM that the C8.R currently sits at.

Thanks again @Zin5ki!

Anyone know how to remove the shading left behind by the logo.dds file that i didn't use. Didn't show the issue in CM but came up in-game.

View attachment 992435 View attachment 992436 View attachment 992437

If no one has answered you yet - sorry if they have - I'll take a quick look for you.

Quickest way is to keep the LOGO.DDS file in your skins folder but just delete the logos on it (so it's blank) and save it.

Ok weirdly enough this doesn't work - the shading appears at certain angles in the replay etc, but they aren't obvious until you pan the camera round

Last edited:
Reworked ACU Estoril 90´.
Removed ugly grass and bushes, added GrassFX.
View attachment 992336
Download:

thanks for your work!
but why did you remove so many details on this wonderful track?
i instantly checked this, because it is one of my favorites of the past. i think i just changed some shader settings on the bushes on my version.. i have to check.
then it looked really nice.
but removing all of this makes no sense to me. sorry. :confused::confused:
or did i miss some other update files?

Last edited:
I doubt that this car weighs 1900kg(TOTALMASS=1900), rather somewhere 750kg its real weight
probably the author used LBS and not KG...

The 1937 Auto Union Type C Streamliner → ...
The early versions of the cars were equipped with supercharged V16 engines. The first version - the Type A - competed in 1934. It's V16 was a 4.4 liter engine that produced just under 300 hp, and weighed in at just over 1800 pounds (818kg). It was capable of 174 mph

will needs lots-o-torque

Last edited:
If no one has answered you yet - sorry if they have - I'll take a quick look for you.

Quickest way is to keep the LOGO.DDS file in your skins folder but just delete the logos on it (so it's blank) and save it.

Ok weirdly enough this doesn't work - the shading appears at certain angles in the replay etc, but they aren't obvious until you pan the camera round

Thanks for checking! I can definitely live with it as it's only at certain angles, just a bummer that it's showing at all :(

Thanks for checking! I can definitely live with it as it's only at certain angles, just a bummer that it's showing at all :(

Yeah it's a weird one as usually a blank logo.dds file would do the trick - i even tried with a new AO and added that to your skin but the shading is still there. I presume you used the template from zinski which may be why the shading is present on your skins.
If you have the paint layer as a separate I can send you a new AO without the logo shading and you can see if that helps.

Is there a way to make the skins fit the Velo-reworked @Beezer215 car ?
Here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1124#post-13097429

The skins do fit but there is an issue with the spot where the rear number plate is:

original skin:
View attachment 992494

your skins:
View attachment 992495

I can't see what problem you are having. Care to add a red circle to indicate where the issue is

Last edited by a moderator:
You can use "Ningbo", just not "Ningbo International Circuit"

because = "Ningbo is a city in Zhejiang province"

The more important question... who's Copyright jurisdiction?
China's? USA? UK? Italy? Zimbabwe?
(which actually comes into play only WHERE the actual file is stored)

note:: Unless it is a game rip. Example, I converted a track publicly available from GTR2, which was converted from TOCA3. I kept the original name "Loch Rannoch", to which Codemasters searched and found on RD and asked for removal. Had I renamed the track 'Lost Loch" (example), it would likely still be on RD (I should try to re-upload with different name)

Ningbo, Yongcheng or Tahiti circuit :lol::lol::lol::lol: the important thing is that we respected the layout of Ningbo International full layout and full with chicane ..... after people can very well change the name in their game,
I don't want to bother with Chinese, US, or aliens copyright :lol::lol::lol::lol:
It's Yongcheng International 2020 the end point :lol:;)
:gtpflag:

Hi guys sorry for my post I had asked for help to improve the Opel 1900 GT that I posted a few pages ago, but no one has deigned to give me an answer (even negative) I think there is a good spirit of cooperation between all of us here, and at least I would have appreciated an answer.
Thank you for your attention .

and where, and how to indicate in the auto files that the weight will be calculated in LBS and not in KG?
all figures in AC are metric, based on 1.0=1meter, 1.0=1kg

the only figure in non-metric units that I am aware of is HP

Last edited:
Hi guys sorry for my post I had asked for help to improve the Opel 1900 GT that I posted a few pages ago, but no one has deigned to give me an answer (even negative) I think there is a good spirit of cooperation between all of us here, and at least I would have appreciated an answer.
Thank you for your attention .

Hi Luca, could you explain what needs to be fixed please ? ;)

Last edited:
Yeah it's a weird one as usually a blank logo.dds file would do the trick - i even tried with a new AO and added that to your skin but the shading is still there. I presume you used the template from zinski which may be why the shading is present on your skins.
If you have the paint layer as a separate I can send you a new AO without the logo shading and you can see if that helps.

I've got the .psd for it :) give me a little bit and I'll get it uploaded and sent over. Thanks!

Portugal with two fantastic tracks is deserving of a skin... if you have time! Awesome job on these and thanks for sharing:cheers:
Here you Go @abtdubz - Plus updates to South Africa and Wales - Zip Files below
Link to the original post and GDrive downloads: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2242#post-13354041

Driver_name is now the 3 letter code for the country so that it displays the country rather than the driver in the leaderboard - It can easily be changed around in the skin ui_skin.json file if you want the driver name to display
{
"skinname": "RTW_PRT_07",
"country": "Portugal",
"team": "Casimiro de Oliveira",
"drivername": "PRT",
"number": "07"
}

__custom_showroom_1613669769.jpg
__custom_showroom_1613606676.jpg
__custom_showroom_1613606639.jpg

Attachments

• WLS_skins.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 29
  • ZAF_skins.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 28
  • RTW_POR_07.zip
    4 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:
The artefact could also be affected by the txMap if it is included in there too. Just caught tail end of conversation so not sure what car you 2 are on about, but check the maps.

@Fanapryde

Ok so the skins from TimLotus are using a number plate that is drawn on and not an actual plate_D etc.

It's the reworked Jag TCL from Beezer using skins meant for the Velo model

Ok i'm giving up as this one is confusing me. Can't add or draw a plate without it vanishing underneath the layer. This is beyond my skills or i'm just being dumb lol

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back