Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,987 comments
If you have a YouTube channel, no matter how small, share the message, stand with Mike @SimRacing604

Scaff, is this topic worthy of a new dedicated thread? We can continue to make visitors and new users aware of what they would purchase from Simdream. I understand this topic is still a mod discussion, but it may fall off the radar as we discuss other mods. Just a thought. If people are upset at Simdream’s campaign against simracing604, then the good people need to unite.
:gtpflag:

Hi all! Too many kind messages to respond to here, but I did want to pop in and say a huge thank you for all of the support and kind words. I lurk the GTP forums many times each day, enjoying work from so many of you, so if I have any part in taking down SDD I hope that helps repay what all of you genius modders have done for me.

And as much as my channel’s name has become associated with this incident, I hope people know I never wanted this to be about me. I wanted to stand up for the talented modders who’ve had their hard work stolen. So even though I’d be miserable if my channel is forever gone, I hope the message echoes.

And lastly, some technical notes: I only have two strikes, so I believe I can still post content. But I’m keeping a low profile until I can get the 8 flagged videos out of dispute. I’m convinced any new content would attract SDD and get me my third and final strike.

Thanks again for all of the kind messages! I love this GTP community! Have a great day

Last edited:
Hi all! Too many kind messages to respond to here, but I did want to pop in and say a huge thank you for all of the support and kind words. I lurk the GTP forums many times each day, enjoying work from so many of you, so if I have any part in taking down SDD I hope that helps repay what all of you genius modders have done for me.

And as much as my channel’s name has become associated with this incident, I hope people know I never wanted this to be about me. I wanted to stand up for the talented modders who’ve had their hard work stolen. So even though I’d be miserable if my channel is forever gone, I hope the message echoes.

And lastly, some technical notes: I only have two strikes, so I believe I can still post content. But I’m keeping a low profile until I can get the 8 flagged videos out of dispute. I’m convinced any new content would attract SDD and get me my third and final strike.

Thanks again for all of the kind messages! I love this GTP community! Have a great day

Much love mate!

What videos did they Strike?
You arent using their mods in any video i think

One thing could be done for Sim Dream stuff. Send the files of their "mods" and the original files that they "picked" from to the Developers/Studios of the original content. And wait for them to take action.

We-you as modding community can't do anything because we-you're not an organisation to make an official complaint. This is kind of a shield to us and them.

You are and never will be alone man.

Last edited by a moderator:
same issue here, I fixed it by reverting to the latest recommended version of CSP
That is off course a possibility, but I'm a bit reluctant to do that. (Almost) everything works fine and this way I'm able to test cars/tracks in development, this where I could not do that for all add-ons.
So, if it's indeed CSP related, I guess the issue will be taken care of sooner or later (like the disappearing fonts in the Motec display in some car/track combinations).
As it is now, the blue/red mirrors of AI cars and all cars in replays are a bit disturbing, but I can still use my own without issue.

I wish you the best of luck! I absolutely love your channel. If there's anything we can do for you, just let us know. I'm sure there will be a lot of people wanting to help you (including me)! If, in the worst case scenario, your channel happens to be shut down. We can help you get running again by promoting your new channel everywhere we know (I have a IG car account with some simracing stuff and 10K followers where I can promote your new channel). But for now let's just focus on keeping your current channel up and running!
Again, best of luck and you have my full support <3

Last edited:
Racedepartment have had their day. They are destroying more mods than cherishing these days. I understand the legality criteria of mods has changed for 2021 and the modderators/creators have to keep it real as they face the legal actions. Some Modders have been forced to go down the YouTube links option so all sorts of crap is turning up on there. GTPlanet is the place to be right now.

If F1 is so agressively protective of its brand (as seen with reiza) how come simdream gets away with all those f1 seasons?

Because Simdream is relatively minuscular compared to the grander of things. Unless Simdream is doing something that is costing F1 millions of dollar. F1 will most likely ignore it.

Just made a fantasy skin for the Mclaren F1 GTR in British Racing Green.

Grab it from RD here https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/british-racing-green-mclaren-f1-gtr.40478/
Includes a huge amount of improvements over the standard Kunos mod including PBR, new textures for the head and tail lights, rims and paint. Just extract the files into your AC folder and enjoy

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_f1_gtr_ks_silverstone_6-2-121-19-24-58.jpg

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_f1_gtr_ks_silverstone_6-2-121-19-17-54.jpg

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_f1_gtr_ks_silverstone_6-2-121-19-27-9.jpg

I've updated the Ueno Clinic livery to include the new stuff as well so while your over at RD grab that one.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ueno-clinic-mclaren-f1-gtr-livery.39308/

Last edited:
could you let me know if the taped headlights are improved with the new version I just posted (same link)? thanks
Sorry for the late answer. I just checked the previous pages (twice) and probably overlooked the new version ?
At least the original post still has the same link, right ?

Last edited:
hey guys ,
new to AC on pc though I've been at it on ps4 since release
I got content manager and enjoy how it works. I tried to get the full version but Paypal wanted to send the money to a fella in Russia. I just want to check that its safe
TIA

hey guys ,
I got content manager and enjoy how it works. I tried to get the full version but Paypal wanted to send the money to a fella in Russia. I just want to check that its safe
TIA
Yes, Ilja is a Russian guy I believe.

Just here to say I support Mike from Simracing604. I'll be posting a video tomorrow which proves undeniably in a way they can't combat that they used my sounds without permission. I delve into the files etc. BTW not been here in a long time. How's everyone doing? Any new requests do let me know!

Last edited:
hey guys ,
TIA

Yep, its safe. Assetto Corsa with Content Manager is a peerless sim driving experience. A petrolhead in lockdown essential. Tonight racing GT3 ACC cars at Gran Turismo Midfield. 70's Monaco with 80's hot hatches. DRM cars at Rouen....

Last edited:
RaceDepartment has lend support to Mike. Will GT Planet follow behind? I would love to see 2 popular sim racing sites get behind Mike.

RD-Mike.png

It seems to me that SimDreams's attack on 604 only started a movement to support 604 and to spread the ugly truth about the SimDream. Well played. :D
That's what I'm hoping. If you cannot reconvert mods from original source, then there is option #2.
It´s not the best way; RMI already gave the best way: Reconvert from the original source and spread the news thru word of mouth

Going against SD directly is not a winning game, just a fools errand

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back