Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,699 comments
Geroda has (IMHO) better taste in cars than the average AC player. I'm tired of seeing so many different variations of the Nissan R34. He does classic cars and other obscure stuff basically no one cares about, and that's what I like about him. The few free mods he released are pretty good. If money wasn't a problem I would support him.

Doesn't excuse his behaviour, the fact that he sells Forza rips for a premium and all that. He's as bad as SimDream, GTSupreme, RTM, AssettoDrive and the others.
Like how his followers got a collective orgasm when he released the Forza Horizon 4 Jarama... As if he had modelled it himself.

For me, 50 euro is not a lot to show some support.

50€ is more than AC itself and on top of that you're paying for Forza cars lmao.
But everyone is entitled to their opinion and you're free to to do whatever you want with your money - it's just isn't a good investment.

Last edited:
50€ is more than AC itself and on top of that you're paying for Forza cars lmao.
I would much rather drive those Forza models in AC. I like Forza's general car choices, but I hate its child-oriented simplistic physics. Plus Geroda puts a lot of effort in the physics, precisely. It's not 100% scratch-made content, but AC's modding scene would be so boring and limited if we only had sctrach-made stuff. Some of my favourite AC mods are conversions, but I said this in RaceDepartment and got pelted. Not everyone has talent, time or dedication to create truly great mods.

I would much rather drive those Forza models in AC. I like Forza's general car choices, but I hate its child-oriented simplistic physics. Plus Geroda puts a lot of effort in the physics, precisely. It's not 100% scratch-made content, but AC's modding scene would be so boring and limited if we only had sctrach-made stuff. Some of my favourite AC mods are conversions, but I said this in RaceDepartment and got pelted. Not everyone has talent, time or dedication to create truly great mods.

Oh that doesn't bother me, what bothers me is his attitude and his hard paywall.

The idea of a road legal Group C car is equally insane and fantastic.

The Schuppan 962CR was a sports car built from 1992-1994 by Australian racecar driver Vern Schuppan. It was built as a tribute to Schuppan's 1983 24 Hours of Le Mans victory and 1983 All Japan Sports Prototype Championship title (Schuppan won both driving a Porsche 956).

iu

In my country, the equivalent of 50 euros buys you food and groceries for a week. Not exactly a small amount for our impoverished pockets and razed-to-the-ground currency, especially in pandemic times. But that is responsibility of our pathetic, selfish politicians.

a handjob from a dodgy hooker in old town Vicenza costs 50EU as well. Interesting take on how we choose to spend our dough? Value is determined by the highest amount any buyer is willing to pay I guess?

a handjob from a dodgy hooker in old town Vicenza costs 50EU as well. Interesting take on how we choose to spend our dough? Value is determined by the highest amount any buyer is willing to pay I guess?

I would think it would be the median price, not the highest price (which would define the most reckless/least cautious, um, john/mark/sucker), and probably not the average price, which could be skewed one way or t'other by some Big Spenders and/or Tight, er, Wads.

Last edited:
I hear what you're saying, but surely he's entitled to some sort of compensation for the excellent work he's doing. His mods are simply some of the absolute best-driving cars in all of AC, and all of them have scratch-made custom physics. I place him just below the incomparable Bazza in terms of overall driving excellence, and I'm happy to help out with a donation (which is how he sees it) so that he has the spare time to keep creating these cars. He doesn't have a commercial site, just a bunch of Facebook friends who support him with a one-time donation. Once you join his Gold club, you get to be part of his community and enjoy his creations.

He certainly doesn't deserve to be compared to ScamDream IMHO. He does have quite a few free cars (I highly recommend his 909 Bergspyder) to try out beforehand. Personally, I feel it was the best 50 euros I've ever spent.

Great, well you need to understand that th many people that have spent money with SD feel the same way, wrongly IMO.
Their car packs are only £7.99, yes it's all crap.

This selective ire towards some but not others, i just don't get it.

It simply seems to be that people feel geroda74 is doing good physics and RTM / SD are not.

When really the issue should be simply selling ripped cars from other games...

As soon as SD follow RTM to patreon then i am sure they will be welcomed back and using forums to market their ripped wares no questions asked...

Last edited:
In my country, the equivalent of 50 euros buys you food and groceries for a week. Not exactly a small amount for our impoverished pockets and razed-to-the-ground currency, especially in pandemic times. But that is responsibility of our pathetic, selfish politicians.

That is unfortunate, sim racing has never been a cheap hobby. There are also a huge amount of hobbyist sim racers that runs sim racing equipment that cost more than a sports car. GPU cost hundreds to thousands.

There are people that values more of their time than money. If you have more time than money, please consider learning how to mod and you will get limitless amount of mods for free.

Great, well you need to understand that th many people that have spent money with SD feel the same way, wrongly IMO.
Their car packs are only £7.99, yes it's all crap.

This selective ire towards some but not others, i just don't get it.

It simply seems to be that people feel geroda74 is doing good physics and RTM / SD are not.

When really the issue should be simply selling ripped cars from other games...

As soon as SD follow RTM to patreon then i am sure they will be welcomed back and using forums to market their ripped wares no questions asked...

RTM were sketchy, the biggest hate they receive is charging outrageous amount for a poorly made mod. ripped or not, 3D Models do not automatically become a mod. If it were that simple, nobody would be opening patreon or selling mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone has their own personal line to draw - mine is taking work from modders, who have released for free something of their own time and effort, which SD are then selling, without permission from the original author. The way they are taking GTL mods, converting and then selling them is way past my line. The claim that the work is theirs and top quality is also not acceptable to me.

People selling rips from other games... I completely understand if that's over your line; for me that's about where the line is, I'm very uncomfortable with it but it doesn't feel like it's going to have a negative impact on Turn10 or Polyphony or the modellers who work for them.

But those lines are personal; I hope folk can discuss theirs without coming to blows.

That is unfortunate, sim racing has never been a cheap hobby. There are also a huge amount of hobbyist sim racers that runs sim racing equipment that cost more than a sports car. GPU cost hundreds to thousands.

There are people that values more of their time than money. If you have more time than money, please consider learning how to mod and you will get limitless amount of mods for free.

But then you suggest that because something costs money it automatically has some sort of value.
Sim Dream proves otherwise...

Geroda74 is clever, with his Gold thing it makes people feel elite spending £50, when if you have even a passing interest in flight sims you'd think that was some sort of joke....

£50 isn't even getting you half way to a track day... either.

Anyway of the geroda74 mods i have (all free)... many of these fantastic scratch made physics are.... (the rest are to be fair clean of KUNOS, i have pretty much all his stuff)

911 KUNOS merc slr suspension
lambo e gear KUNOS r8 suspension rear lambo gallardo
ferrari 348 KUNOS countach suspension
austin healey KUNOS mx 5 front alfa gta rear suspension
maser MC KUNOS suspension lotus evora
ferrari spider KUNOS lambo countach suspension
1956 maser 450 KUNOS shelby cobra suspensions.

But well done you...... your wining.... GOLD!!!!!!

To add, i have no issue with using kunos physics...but selling them?
Thats ripped cars with ripped kunos physics...sound familiar?

Last edited:
RTM were sketchy, the biggest hate they receive is charging outrageous amount for a poorly made mod. ripped or not, 3D Models do not automatically become a mod. If it were that simple, nobody would be opening patreon or selling mods.

Funny this cause mods were free.. Mostly. Now, with AC, everyone wanna be paid. They're in it for the money, not for the community - and that balance has shifted when AC became the de facto sim to own (with CSP and SOL enhancing it).

But then you suggest that because something costs money it automatically has some sort of value.
Sim Dream proves otherwise...

Geroda74 is clever, with his Gold thing it makes people feel elite spending £50, when if you have even a passing interest in flight sims you'd think that was some sort of joke....

£50 isn't even getting you half way to a track day... either.

Anyway of the geroda74 mods i have (all free)... many of these fantastic scratch made physics are.... (the rest are to be fair clean of KUNOS, i have pretty much all his stuff)

911 KUNOS merc slr suspension
lambo e gear KUNOS r8 suspension rear lambo gallardo
ferrari 348 KUNOS countach suspension
austin healey KUNOS mx 5 front alfa gta rear suspension
maser MC KUNOS suspension lotus evora
ferrari spider KUNOS lambo countach suspension
1956 maser 450 KUNOS shelby cobra suspensions.

But well done you...... your wining....

To add, i have no issue with using kunos physics...but selling them?
Thats ripped cars with ripped kunos physics...sound familiar?

Considering the amount of work needed to convert the model. Instead of doing all that myself, which would cost me I don't know how many months of work for a one stop payment of gratitude of 50 euro is a pretty good deal to me. Its not even about the money or what I get in return. Its about appreciating the work they have done.

I guess everyone has their own reasons for investing money or not. I must say I see a big difference between Geroda and SimDream in the aggressive and outrageous way SD have dealt with people like Bazza, having the cheek to accuse him of breach of copyright when in fact they ripped him off. As far as I know Geroda has never done anything like that.

I made the €50 donation at the beginning of the scheme as he was about to release 6 Ferraris all missing from the game and including two I really really wanted. And in two years there has been no hint of asking for any more. I have 42 cars from him, including 18 Gold cars. So the majority of his work was released for free, and the very interesting set of 18 have cost less than €3 each. And there are more to come, perhaps a lot more. For me that’s good value. I get more fun and use out of his cars than I do from ASR formula beta cars, which I also like and have bought a few.

of course it’s great that so many mods are free, and I really appreciate that. But if Geroda has made a couple of thou in three years it’s hardly the riches of Croesus. I am slightly less enamoured of his cars since I’ve switched to VR - I am considering asking him to revamp some of his interiors which aren’t up to scratch.

Rain FX Asia tour:

https://mega.nz/file/zoxx3SIS#ndWgN1YD8IdC-a8gMzfq-mispaXjziPI-J9G8qXLYeY

So I kind of went a little nuclear on the stream edges/points, especially at Macau, but I was interested in seeing what is possible. However, I think this kind of work is going to give me carpal tunnel syndrome, so I'm not sure if I'll do anymore, lol. You won't see 99% of it anyway until you get out of the car and have a look around.

Included are:
autopolis_katsuo (added on to the config that @shi and @CrisT86 put together, original is also included if you hate it).
india (Buddh International Circuit)
korea
macau
(using textures by ClimaxF1 at RD),
yongin (Everland, which I posted previously).
ddm_gts_tsukuba (added streams and more material from beeemo's config posted on Discord)
acf_tokyo246
china_2019_fab (streams and more materials added to config by @shi)

I created extension folders for the track folders, so it doesn't mess with other configs.

I'm thinking about uploading this pack to RD, so any feedback would be great. Adding all the streams did cost a few fps, but only a couple in the few tests that I did. YMMV.

Enjoy

Rain FX Tour of Asia continues. Original post updated. Added two tracks:

acf_tokyo246
china_2019_fab

Most of these should work on multiple variants of the tracks. For example, india (Circuit Buddh) works well with latest version by @DaBaeda. Just cut out rain fx with text editor and paste into your tracks ext_config.ini file, found in either the track's extension folder or assettocorsa/extension/config/tracks/loaded. YMMV

https://mega.nz/file/zoxx3SIS#ndWgN1YD8IdC-a8gMzfq-mispaXjziPI-J9G8qXLYeY
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tour-of-asia-rain-fx.39101/updates

Take care everyone.

PS fingers crossed for @SimRacing604, we're with you man.

hey mates quick questions
i want to rework (hp, torque , weight ) some cars .. is it enough just to change these values in content manager or do i need to edit some data files too?

Sorry, those are just text. You'll need to unpack the data file with CM and tweak the various physics files - there's not a huge amount of documentation regarding physics, but you'll find three files relating to the engine and the weight is in car.ini IIRC.

Can anyone tell me if I edit textures in CM by changing shader values, does that bugger up the checksum on the .kn5 and cause problems online? Or is it just the data.acd that gets checked?

Last edited:
Considering the amount of work needed to convert the model. Instead of doing all that myself, which would cost me I don't know how many months of work for a one stop payment of gratitude of 50 euro is a pretty good deal to me. Its not even about the money or what I get in return. Its about appreciating the work they have done.

Which is exactly how Sim Dream have been able to make money.
If geroda74 deserves reward for his rips, then why don't you think the same of SD and RTM?

I don't want to sound like i am defending SD, far from it, but i don't pick and chose who to chastise for ripping and copy pasting kunos physics for profit.

Same with GTsupreme.
A lot are jumping on the bandwagon, yet giving others their money and a free pass, for doing the same thing.

Last edited:
If geroda74 deserves reward for his rips, then why don't you think the same of SD and RTM?

I don't want to sound like i am defending SD, far from it, but i don't pick and chose who to chastise for ripping and copy pasting kunos physics for profit.

Same with GTsupreme.
A lot are jumping on the bandwagon, yet giving others their money and a free pass, for doing the same thing.

absolutly true ! some weeks ago i posted about gtsupreme , thats the same thing as SD and RTM but here on gtplanet people seem to support these kind of theft.

Do it now: TAKE ACTION and Stand with SimRacing604.

From RaceDepartment and Twitter...

Mike himself has asked to flag their channel for harassment to help him out
You can find the flag on the about section of the channels main page (under stats on the right).

Their About page on YT
https://t.co/N2jUSeSrkc?amp=1 (or click the image below)

Mike's Twitter post.
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1369018519640141826

Click on the image to load their YT page, click the flag on the bottom right, select Report User and click the first option, Harassment and cyberbullying. Skip the next page where you select specific videos, then write what you can about their practices (that have been proven) and mention their blatant misuse of YT's Copyright reporting system to harass SimRacing604 after he uploaded a video to inform the modding community. If you need to know more before writing your comment, search YT for SimRacing604 (with and without spaces) and watch all videos you find from various channels on this subject. Note that there is a 300-count character limit when writing your submission.
Thanks for the tip

Same with GTsupreme.
I agree with much of what you've been saying Safi, but (ignoring SD and RTM for a moment) the way I see it is that Geroda74 is likely to be well used to the money by now so probably wouldn't be making any these cars if people weren't paying him to do so. I assume he's happy, Patreons are obviously happy otherwise they'd keep their wallets shut, and everyone else is happy because the cars will inevitably leak in the same way that every other mod ever hidden behind a paywall inevitably leaks, so they can eventually have them all for free anyway. His fans are basically funding the cars for everyone else and seem happy to do so. Personally I don't rate a lot of what he makes because they're obviously not made with VR considerations but there's the occasional one that's worth having a play with, if only for a short while. Would I ever pay for rips, especially ones that fall well below OEM content? Never in a month of Sundays. But I'm glad other people do because those cars wouldn't otherwise exist, even if I do find it more than a little weird the way money is freely asked for and willingly given in the context of a hobby, especially when far better content is produced in abundance and shared for free.

Last edited:
Anyways folks other than my 962 i '''Sorta''' started modeling started out with the lines i will later to the rest. It will probably take 500 years the interior will probably take another 1000 years but anyways here's how it looks like. The car in question is a 456 GT Venice
2021.03.09-23.26.png

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back