Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,753 comments
As there is still no Matra 620-BRM from Le Mans 1966, I am making adaptations to fill the Grid (I used the 1966 Ford GT40 MkII). When installing 3dsimed (free for 20 days) again, I intend to change the wheels. Of the main Le Mans cars of the 60s, it will be missing: Ferrari 365P2, 330TR, Dino 206, 275 GTB (does it exist?), Howmet TX (does not have), Chaparral 2F (does not have), Alpine 210 and Alpine M63 / M64 (adapt some car), Peugeot CD SP 66 (adapt some car) ...

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1617390844.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1617390844.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 41
  • __custom_showroom_1617390868.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1617390868.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 36
  • __custom_showroom_1617390887.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1617390887.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 37
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 31
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 30
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 35
so. I have been getting into the F1 thing a bit lately. does anyone have the seasons and cars in a pack (the way the lemans pack by NielB was done, one download with all the cm presets with all the years and grids and cars and skins (free ones of course and happy to buy the rest, presumably the RSS offering most of which I already have)

As I'm playing in VR, the performance of cars and tracks is very important for me and so I never understood why the "Guerilla GT4 Mod" cars and the "WTCR 2018 v3.0 by Maki123 & Delpinsky Mod" cars had a so poor performance even as they have 4 LODs with a normal number of triangles. It was impossible for me to use a field of 20 of those cars but a field of 30 stock Kunos GT3 cars is no problem at all.

But then @MeltFire made new LODs for these mods with a as far as possible reduced number of objects and these mods work much better for me now. It's not as good as stock Kunos cars or well optimized mod cars, but much better than before. The LOD D in the Kunos cars have about 3-5 objects and not 100. For example the LOD D in the Kunos Porsche 911 RSR 2017 has 2 objects, in the update of this car from URD to the Porsche 911 RSR 2018 the LOD D has 133 objects. When I'm using GTE fields with 30 cars including 9 of the 2018 version of the Porsche, this costs me about 10 fps at Le Mans or Daytona compared to the Kunos 2017 version. That's no good at all.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1966#post-13293423
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1972#post-13294790

Thanks for this info! I was wondering why I get bad fps on my good system (Full Grid) with some GT3´s Mods with LOD´s.

one for the reboot team. Suzuka. AI cannot make it past this corner. 15 starts, 15 crashes so far. Looks like that LHS kerb is killing them.

Car is the RSS V6 2020 but I just tested the RSS Hybrid as well, same issue.

Any pointers?

upload_2021-4-3_7-39-41.png

Last edited:
I paid for Sergio's Watkins Glen - nice track, but as a follow on to yesterdays release of @slider666's version, I'm still glad I have both! Using the exact same car set that I used testing Slider's version yesterday (IMSA 80's) the AI cars all crash on exiting the pits - on both variations. I'm sure this will get fixed in the future, but for now, Slider's version is still tops with me! :)

one for the reboot team. Suzuka. AI cannot make it past this corner. 15 starts, 15 crashes so far. Looks like that LHS kerb is killing them.

Car is the RSS V6 2020 but I just tested the RSS Hybrid as well, same issue.
Dozens of starts with GT3 and very few problems.

How on earth are you making LODS in 10 mins? Do you think you could maybe do a thread about it?

My understanding is that it's the number of objects that's more important than the number of polys, but that's very rudimentary and would love to know more.

Impressive test results there... Another modding-process that I need to get my head around (LODs)...

Have made some progress thus far with the GTS skins, and looking jolly-good... Lots of headaches in the process too... Some pics to follow..

I'm planning on making a tutorial series at some point in the future but the basic strategy I used for making the LOD's for today's test was as follows:
For LOD B select the whole model in blender and then use a combination of the functions 'tris to quads', 'un-subdivide', 'merge mesh by distance' and 'degenerate dissolve' to get LOD B. This ends up typically about 40% of the triangle count of LOD A with the same materials. Then for LOD C, divide everything visible on the exterior of the car into three categories, paint, glass or black, overwrite the materials for all the exterior objects with one of those three options (choose best fitting from existing materials so body_paint/ext_glass/black_plastic for example). Then join all these objects of the 3 materials together, clear the parent (while keeping transformation) and then delete all other items. You then end up with an external shell of only 3 objects which you can then use the LOD B methods to further reduce in triangle count. Of course all of that probably looks like a foreign language if you're not familiar with Blender. It would be relatively straight forward to adapt the method to add a third LOD for particularly unoptimised cars.

Results from left to right: LOD A = 191k Tri & 105 obj. LOD B = 75k Tri & 105 Obj. LOD C = 18k Tri & 3 Obj.
168003516_10104196105814108_3247089129594399385_n.jpg

As I'm playing in VR, the performance of cars and tracks is very important for me and so I never understood why the "Guerilla GT4 Mod" cars and the "WTCR 2018 v3.0 by Maki123 & Delpinsky Mod" cars had a so poor performance even as they have 4 LODs with a normal number of triangles. It was impossible for me to use a field of 20 of those cars but a field of 30 stock Kunos GT3 cars is no problem at all.

But then @MeltFire made new LODs for these mods with a as far as possible reduced number of objects and these mods work much better for me now. It's not as good as stock Kunos cars or well optimized mod cars, but much better than before. The LOD D in the Kunos cars have about 3-5 objects and not 100. For example the LOD D in the Kunos Porsche 911 RSR 2017 has 2 objects, in the update of this car from URD to the Porsche 911 RSR 2018 the LOD D has 133 objects. When I'm using GTE fields with 30 cars including 9 of the 2018 version of the Porsche, this costs me about 10 fps at Le Mans or Daytona compared to the Kunos 2017 version. That's no good at all.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1966#post-13293423
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1972#post-13294790

Yes it seems indeed like the object count is critical, particularly in the longer distance renders. My testing today would suggest that there's a small strain on the system for swapping the LODs in and out as well, this is the only thing I can think of anyway as to why in some instances the game runs better with no LODs than with the LOD generator results.

From Fecebook. This is not my mod. Yes, it's another BMW.

Nizar Razzouk
MNBA Assetto Modding Group

Admin
------------------------->MNBA RELEASES<---------------------------
BMW M3 F80 FULL PACK
-BMW M3 F80 & MANUAL
-BMW M3 F80 COMPETITION & MANUAL
-BMW M3 F80 CS (UPDATE)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--->PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION AND DONT MISS-OUT<---
Encryption: YES
Thanks to all My Buddies For the Help For Making All These Versions Available in our Community of Assetto Corsa
Thanks to
Buja Gili
Miguel Silva
Adriaan Suy
For all the help guys!!!! much appreciated for all the collaboration
1f609.png

Thanks to
Max Reusch
For the Sound and LCI Headlights
-->PLEASE DELETE THE PREVIOUS VERSION OF THE BMW M3 CS and Download With Clean Installation<--
SOON THERE WILL BE A BMW M3 F81 TOURING
1f609.png
(I PROMISE)
Spare Me a coffee
1f609.png
: https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=9B9F3M8R4CR9C

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR ALL THE PACK: https://mega.nz/file/hPhjBaQb#jMI8yGuCZYr5WR_LJBsYPr_SLqrXTV3K_G7RZoenfOg

preview.jpg

I'm planning on making a tutorial series at some point in the future but the basic strategy I used for making the LOD's for today's test was as follows:
For LOD B select the whole model in blender and then use a combination of the functions 'tris to quads', 'un-subdivide', 'merge mesh by distance' and 'degenerate dissolve' to get LOD B. This ends up typically about 40% of the triangle count of LOD A with the same materials. Then for LOD C, divide everything visible on the exterior of the car into three categories, paint, glass or black, overwrite the materials for all the exterior objects with one of those three options (choose best fitting from existing materials so body_paint/ext_glass/black_plastic for example). Then join all these objects of the 3 materials together, clear the parent (while keeping transformation) and then delete all other items. You then end up with an external shell of only 3 objects which you can then use the LOD B methods to further reduce in triangle count. Of course all of that probably looks like a foreign language if you're not familiar with Blender. It would be relatively straight forward to adapt the method to add a third LOD for particularly unoptimised cars.

Results from left to right: LOD A = 191k Tri & 105 obj. LOD B = 75k Tri & 105 Obj. LOD C = 18k Tri & 3 Obj.
168003516_10104196105814108_3247089129594399385_n.jpg

Yes it seems indeed like the object count is critical, particularly in the longer distance renders. My testing today would suggest that there's a small strain on the system for swapping the LODs in and out as well, this is the only thing I can think of anyway as to why in some instances the game runs better with no LODs than with the LOD generator results.
Try this as well, it works pretty well as a quick method. Not as good as hand-built LODs of course, but pretty effective nevertheless.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/making-car-lods-simple-quick-and-clean.182755/

e

Yeaeeeeeh
I can put the Robin in passenger if you want
Just need to edit the car with 3dsmax and add Robin (if you have the fbx file)
This is the link to the original file
the robin I have is just the current driver model with a skin I created and I used the driver no helmet mod. So what do I need to do? And how could you help? I can compensate you for your time. The car now has been upscaled to 8k and I've done a lot of paintwork upgrades from what the original mod looked like.

Last edited:

I did a little test with the URD Porsche 911 RSR 2018. I just took the LOD D from the Kunos Porsche 911 RSR 2017, that has only 2 objects, for this car. This works without a problem, as the URD version is just an improvement of the Kunos one. The performance of the car is now much better and ingame you can't see a difference at all.

ChampCar 2007-2008 mod

v0.2 Change log:
-added all 2007 and 2008 skins
-added showroom previews
-improved AI behaviour
-added livery icons
-added non-red sidewall tire textures to some cars. This could be changed in the future so they can be changed in-game
-fixed rim textures on appropriate cars
-improved shader values on the cars
Credits: Original mod by iDT Simulations, conversion to AC by unknown

2007b.png

2007a.png

**Disclaimer** I had nothing to do with the 3d model, physics, or sounds on this, so please direct any complaints elsewhere. Also I do not plan on continuing work on this mod so if anyone is interested they are welcome to improve upon this version.

https://mega.nz/file/DWZFQApL#Cd6idwte_lqJP694DBSmsr9DHSwtdbj2otiAblCGQuA

Last edited:
Hello. Today I found this wonderful Porsche RSR 2018 edited by the URD (maybe a little late :dopey:):

But unfortunately the central rearview camera looks like this:

IzDQHi.jpg

Is there any correction or any way to fix it? Thanks.

with the shaders patch mirrors App, there you have to select the C (central Mirror) by klicking the > and than you click on the small m, after that the thrid Mirror is a Monitor-mirror

new skins pic.png

scirocco_gc10_v6 skins

So I've updated some of the previous skins I had posted earlier for this mod and created some more, for a total of 20 now.
You can see some of them in the photo thread recently.
Some are based on real liveries from various series' adapted to this model and some are purely fictional and created just for fun.
You may want to delete previous versions to avoid duplicates as all the skins are included in this zip.
Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/file/v0hE2BaB#hcA3JGeLeoaR1o2Krf-6jcLk2FOA7nu_LQG9x-1zQRE

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to convert car mods from Rfactor to AC? I want to use a mod on AC for private use of course. If there's a video or a tutorial on how to that would be great.
Cheers.

I’m having a weird issue with the physics of one of my cars where when you shift, sometimes the car will redline despite the car having gone into gear. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Done some testing today with VR disconnected. All replay cams work fine on all tracks with in game menu and using F3. For some reason in VR it does not work the same. Iwonder if anybody has any ideas of how to fix this. Many thanks.

If you're using content manager you can switch this a bit more easily without unplugging all of your VR by switching the rendering method from "OpenVR" (or Oculus Rift) to "Single Screen" in the video settings. You can even save a preset as "Replay" to make it easier to switch. The reason why you lose controls when changing cameras in VR is because for whatever reason in replays it keeps the controls as if you're in cockpit view, so it's not easy to control in VR.

If you're using content manager you can switch this a bit more easily without unplugging all of your VR by switching the rendering method from "OpenVR" (or Oculus Rift) to "Single Screen" in the video settings. You can even save a preset as "Replay" to make it easier to switch. The reason why you lose controls when changing cameras in VR is because for whatever reason in replays it keeps the controls as if you're in cockpit view, so it's not easy to control in VR.

Hi . Thanks for that. I think I understand. I will test later.

I did a little test with the URD Porsche 911 RSR 2018. I just took the LOD D from the Kunos Porsche 911 RSR 2017, that has only 2 objects, for this car. This works without a problem, as the URD version is just an improvement of the Kunos one. The performance of the car is now much better and ingame you can't see a difference at all.

Yes, it seems from my testing that LOD B isn't actually that important other than the start of the race, it's LOD D that's crucial as in most trackday/race scenarios with big grids, the cars spread out quite quickly. You can see why object count is so important, if the URD car has 133 objects in LOD D then the minimum objects being accounted for in game with 30 cars on track is 3,990, if LOD D has 2 objects then it's only 60 in total being accounted for, so a 98.5% improvement...

I think I will develop a process for creating a LOD C that cuts in at about 60-75m distance with maybe 15-20 objects. Then I'll have a few options for different mods, low poly models will be fine with only a LOD D, mid poly with LOD C and D and then high poly models can have the full selection. I expect this will give the biggest gains for the majority of cars whilst still being able save as much time as possible.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back