Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,744 comments
Are you planning to optimize the LODs of the cars? I can't use your GT4 cars in VR at the moment, because they are so poorly optimized.
The numbers of the triangles are OK, but the numbers of objects are ridiculous high especially for the so important LOD C and LOD D.
During a race most of the cars are more than 200 m away from your car and you only see the LOD D of those cars.
Then the game has to render 2700 objects for a field of 20 of your GT4 cars and only 80 objects for a field of 20 Kunos GT4 cars. Do you see the difference?

Just an example:

Your BMW M4 GT4:
LOD A: 243314 Triangles, 307 Objects (no low res. cockpit)
LOD B: 54324 Triangles, 257 Objects
LOD C: 13479 Triangles, 205 Objects
LOD D: 4186 Triangles, 135 Objects

Kunos Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport:
LOD A: 271994 Triangles, 198 Objects (with high res. cockpit)
LOD A: 141623 Triangles, 97 Objects (with low res. cockpit)
LOD B: 30286 Triangles, 79 Objects
LOD C: 9807 Triangles, 37 Objects
LOD D: 3083 Triangles, 4 Objects

Further news and infos about our work or updates and progress are only in our forum or FB page for now.

Question, I know there was an LMP pack on the old excel sheet for the forum. I know at some point there was an updated physics to the pack. I have a question and request please. The question is, did that make the LMP2's relatively good to drive and/or relatively equal to the pace of the P2's of the era? (I'm wanting when I get my pc back and can do some AC do some track day things with the AI with the VRC P1's, rollovers P2's, old P2's from the pack, GTE's for a pro, and then GT3's to satisfy my multiclass desires). Secondly, if anyone could link me to the updated physics for the pack it would be extremely appreciated, thank you in advance!

let's just say a group of people in here are doing a full rework of a mega pack with the data that is out to the public right now ;)

currently, i'm reworking the Lola engines from 2006 - 2013 both LMP1 and LMP2 which is pretty much early alpha since it's only the engine side of things done for now on these Lola's.

Hey Hydra! Here's a logo avatar matching GTPlanet's background color:

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Me, so that's the only number needed to show 'NOBODY' to be an inaccurate statement, however I'm sure I'm not alone.

I support a number of people and groups on Patreon with no expectation of anything in return, as such a blanket 'nobody' is inaccurate. Even those I do get content and early access from I support each and every month, rather that just sign up for the content and then cancel once I have it.

You seem to be trying to project your own view onto everyone and that is never going to be an accurate basis to a point.

Well I'll just say this then, It's people like you who are contributing to bringing down the modding community. What happened to modding strictly for the passion and hobby? It's all about the money now for some modders and your an enabler. But go ahead and give up your money if it makes you feel good.

Many thanks to those who continue to mod for for the community such as Legion and many, many others :cheers: The BEST mods are free (Race Department), the shady ones are not...hmmm how about that.

Well I'll just say this then, It's people like you who are contributing to bringing down the modding community. What happened to modding strictly for the passion and hobby? It's all about the money now for some modders and your an enabler. But go ahead and give up your money if it makes you feel good.

Many thanks to those who continue to mod for for the community such as Legion and many, many others :cheers: The BEST mods are free (Race Department), the shady ones are not...hmmm how about that.
First, I don’t support Guerilla’s Patreon practice. If I need to pay an entrance fee to get the mod, then it’s a pay mod. Just be upfront about it.

Second, Scaff makes a fair point about your blanket statements. Since you asked (“hmmm how about that”)... there are plenty of shady mods that are free, and RSS pay mods (which include contributions from one of the well known modders on RD) are one of the highest quality mods for AC.

On my system trees are very dark, even if I change exposure to the point the tracks is too bright.
I also wonder what happened to that mountainside at the end of the main straight ? It doesn't look very good. (second picture is how the 'old' version was):

View attachment 1004387

View attachment 1004384

And I now get a very strange shadow from overhanging power lines (there was no shadow at all in the old version, but this one...:scared: )

View attachment 1004385

thought id cheat and compile it with 3dsimed, should have known better, outside of using that program to rip stuff its pretty thin.. ill go longhand in kseditor and recompile from a known good ini.

A quick glance through that list and I can see a dozen or more tracks that exist for AC, some good, some versions too bad to keep.
I'd suggest trying to use google search, which can do wonders in some cases...

Thanks for your answer ... I'm speaking about the tracklist of 500 that i've written... because i don't find them (I imagine i have to search better!)
If you have a little free time could you make a simple "X" near the tracks that you think there is a conversion? or write same link ;)
Have a good day!

I saw many nice-looking formula hybrid liveries on RD (like a Earth Dreams remaster of some sort) but they are all for later iterations of the car.

how can i convert them to fit the formula hybrid 2018?
You'd have completely redo them to fit the FH2018. It will take a very long time.

The Audi R8 GT2 is a loooooong way from being scratch made.
Well I'm not paying my money for this
analyze-png.464830

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
If Guerrilla's mod had the same quality of the mods you quoted, then maybe. Their way of presenting it would still be shady.

There's nothing wrong with paymods, but they're not even getting mapping or AO right and ripped physics in this case
Out of all Guerilla mods I've used, none of them were the same quality as let's say URD or RSS. They are grid fillers at best.

Last edited:
So inaccurate is embarrassing (not for me), you are aware that paid mods have always existed, long before AC was even a product.

As for me being an enabler of shady modding practices, I guess you must have missed the videos I did calling out Sim Dream Studios, and doing so even before Sim Racing 604 did. A world of difference exists between a team stealing peoples mods, issuing Copyright strikes against them, then selling that content and attempting to shut down anyone who calls them out for it, and on the other team who have relased every mod they have created (and it is thier work) for free, and have used Patreon for the beta on one mod.

I mean they must be raking it in if its 'all about the money', oh wait the Patreon brings them in a massive £49 a month, edited its now skyrocketed to £130!

Utterly untrue. Some free mods are amazing, some are crap. Some paid mods are amazing, some are crap.

Just look at the quality work on the collider on this free mod.

1967  Land Rover 109 Station Wagon (Series IIa) (FPS_ 72) 15_04_2021 12_30_59.png

However I do take it, given your hardline stance on this, that you don't use CM or CSP? after all Ilya's Patreon is bringing in more than £130 a month (and I have zero issues with that at all).

Oh wait, wants the word I’m looking for...

Ilja's Patreon is at over 6k. Do you think CSP will ever be finished? Which is fine to support him because i don't beleive there is any promise of finishing anything specific.

Oh and RD also links to and promotes paid mods, so I guess you will not be using them going forward? Particularly as if you don't pay RD then they cap how many of those free mods you can download!

Last edited:
Hi friends!

here it a full RFACTOR TRACKLIST >>> 1434 Circuit find on the followig forum link:
http://forum.virtualracinggroup.net...s-tutte-le-piste-circuiti-download-t2254.html

Hoping to not waste your time, here it is a sub-list of about 500/1434 tracks that i don't find in AC.

Anyone have a conversion for Assetto Corsa?
Anyone have a project or a WIP for Assetto Corsa?

my current W.i.P:
Cannonball Run USA
Funabashi
Keimola
Neuplanitz

extracted/1st-look potential W.i.P list from my working folder:
Autodromo de Rio Cuarto
Autodromo de San Luis*
Autodromo de San Nicolas*
Bowman_Gray
Chernobyl
DEUNACITY
Harbor_Stunning-Miami_Race
Livet_Glen
Mozukoshi Touge
ROC Gran Canaria
SpeedForce*
Hitchin*

ceSniper tracks w/permission
Mount Stenth
Shakedown
Town of Aretua
Town of Batisburg

* not on list

Vara & Vayline could also be on my list

There are a few listed that are converted, Essington for sure, mby Vanport (Portland). Several are supplanted by newer versions mesh of the same.
Thanks for the list.

Last edited:
The Audi R8 GT2 is a loooooong way from being scratch made.

Didn't know that. Still better than whatever TonyB's doing anyway !

If Guerrilla's mod had the same quality of the mods you quoted, then maybe. Their way of presenting it would still be shady.

There's nothing wrong with paymods, but they're not even getting mapping or AO right and ripped physics in this case

Glad I didn't buy it then ! Also I'd never put them on the same level as RSS. Just answered the other guy who said only paid more were bad.

New Cams for 6 tracks

ek_akina_lake
Since the direction of travel is wrong, delete the files in the ai folder of idas_uphill.
Put fast_lane.ai of real_uphill in the ai folder of idas_uphill.

ek_usui_circuit

IDAS8Tsuchisaka

The top 3 tracks can be downloaded from Touge Union's Discord.

wild_horse_pass_motorsports_park
Download Track : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/wild-horse-pass-motorsports-park-east-v1-0.40664/

las_vegas_infield
Download Track : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1801#post-13258566

motorfaqNFStokioshort
Download Track : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1167#post-13108080

Nothing removed, just moved or backup.
Have Fun.

Last edited:
I think the diveplanes on the front and the rear and I think some cockpit details were supposed to be the changes. Not sure if there are supposed to be any physics changes. He did say they have some additional feedback from Super GT drivers.

At anyrate if you don't have it its not bad to get either one. Not sure if you need both. Makes more sense if we know if there are any other GT500 cars coming, at which one I'd lean towards whichever one can have a grid racing...

There is a Toyota supposedly in development but I have not heard anything about it in a while. Both Nissans are good mods but there is very little difference in them and I agree with you that one or the other would be good enough. With the 2020 being the cheaper of the two, that would be my pick. Also, there are more skins for it.

Hi friends!

here it a full RFACTOR TRACKLIST >>> 1434 Circuit find on the followig forum link:
http://forum.virtualracinggroup.net...s-tutte-le-piste-circuiti-download-t2254.html

Hoping to not waste your time, here it is a sub-list of about 500/1434 tracks that i don't find in AC.

Anyone have a conversion for Assetto Corsa?
Anyone have a project or a WIP for Assetto Corsa?
If you want you can write next to the trackname and share

Aintree Club Circuit https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/aintree-2-0.20318/
Amaroo
Autodromo de Rosario
Autodromo Internacional De Taruma
Birmingham Motorplex (=Barber Motorsports Park)
Brooklands GPL https://perendinator.blogspot.com/search/label/Inter War
Bryce Canyon
Callejero Ciudad de Buenos Aires
Charade 1970
Circuit de Gedinne
Circuit du Laquais
Circuit Golden Valley
Circuito Central Park Mine Japan
Circuito de Navarra
Circuito de Vila Real
Circuito Vasco Sameiro
Clermont
Col De Turini
Dessauer Rennstrecke (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/dessauer-rennstrecke.17204/
Dijon (Prenois)
Eltsu (Sergio Loro F3 classics)
Essington
Fahruebungsplatz Zwickau
Falkenbergs Motorbana
HILLCLIMB Los Marteles
Juan Manuel Fangio Rosario (=autodromo de Rosario above)
Karting Parcmotor Castelloli
Kemora 1983
Kielce Poland
Marrakech Grand Prix
Miami Race (Bayside)
Miami Terminal
Miller https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/miller-motorsport-park-4-layouts.99375/
Montlhery
Mount Panorama 1967
Nivelles GP
Oldring
Pacific Raceways
Pergusa
Phoenix 1989
Pilotage Stadium Abbeville
Preluk
Prince George Circuit
QLD Raceway Ipswitch
Sydney
Sandown68 (only modern layout iirc)
South Carolina
St Jovite (=Mont Tremblant)
Streets of Houston
Streets of Long Beach
Streets of Vancouver
Sugo 1980s 1.20
Syracuse Mile
T2 Circuit (=TT circuit Assen ?)
Taruma
Teretonga
ThunderHill Raceway Park
Top Speed Area 30km
Vanport International Raceway
Vayline Motors Int. Raceway
Valence gokart
Weissach

All of the above 100% sure are available for AC. Some can be downloaded here, at Race Department or other sites. Most of them free, others are paymods.
You should be able to find all or at least most of them.

Last edited:

Guerilla mods were always mediocre conversions, the WTCR and GT4 original release were only playable but not at the levels of Kunos. Their recent stuff are getting better, but still far from modders that fully adhere to the pipeline.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back