Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,743 comments
I just made a wishlist of fictional tracks from various games that needs to be ported to AC:

10 tracks in total so don't get too frosty on that one lol.
Also sorry for the really big message.

10: Special Stage Route X - Gran Turismo 5/6/Sport
I know its just a longer version of the Test Course from the previous GT games, but the scenery looks cool & its built for high speed races for URD's Red Bull X2010. Theres also an alternate layout which is seen from the game files of GT5, but it wasn't playable. Though it would be possible to see that alternate layout in AC to see what it looks like.

[Skipped to 2:02:33]

9: Tokyo Route 246 - Gran Turismo 3/4/5/6
After ACF released this track & it was revealed to be sort of a lazy recreation, it would be nice to have a 100% port of this track from the game. No wonder why they wanted a actual port from the game over the ACF version.

[Skipped to 2:21:34]

8: Shooting Hoops: Los Angeles - Ridge Racer Type 4
What happens if you take the HSR track from GT & the scenery from SSR5, stuff it into a blender & then pass it over to Ridge Racer Type 4? You'll get this track. It looks visualy appealing though its quite short & it can make up for 5 or 10 lap races.

7: pod Race Track - Gran Turismo Concept
Uhhhh...this looks like it would belong in the kart racing category way before karts were in GT5...or maybe its designed for small cars in mind such as the Toyota pod which is why i have to put it here. This small track was only playable in the pod Race event in GTC & its the only event-exclusive track to not appear anywhere else. Hope someone would recreate this.

6: Metro City - Daytona Championship USA
It is clear why its here because theres a speedway track from this game that was ported to AC, but that wasn't enough so we wanted more tracks from this game ported to AC such as this city track shown here.

The remaining 5 will be listed soon if i had time.

Last edited:
Lamborghini Countach 25TH Anniversary 1.5V Cannonball Runners update:

V1.5 Changelog:
Smoothed parts less blockier
-Mirrors
-Interior Meshes
-Smoothed the exhausts they now look way better and more rounder.
-Fixed the floating Disegno Bertone square
-Smoothed some misc stuff like the front Lamborghini logo and the headlights to be more rounder.
-New Pop up mesh that should fit the car more
-Added more refraction
-Front lights now use internal meshes for light and refraction instead of just the headlight glass texture.
I also redone the lods because of the internal headlight meshes the car now has way more polys than before.

Things to do:
-Fix the rear box thing i need to add holes on it like on the real thing tried doing it with boolean in max but nothing for now
i might fix this in a hotfix once i find how to do it.
-For some odd reason when you are driving it in rain rain drops can pass trough the interior sometimes not sure what's causing this
even though i put every interior piece in the COCKPIT_HR dummy.
-Fix the shifter it still looks blocky i originally had a smoothed mesh but it broke the look of it a part was removed which would make it look
unrealistic compared to the real thing so i went with the original mesh for now.
I will come back to this car eventually.
And note!!!! after pasting the ext_config from the extension folder into both of the cars make sure that you click on the reflectionfx menu on the side developer menu!!! This fixes the black headlights when turned on. I have absolutely no clue what's causing this for now.
2021.06.15-20.20.png

Credits: Polyphony Digital 3D model
Dragster666 GT Sport to AC model conversion.

Screenshot_lamborghini_countach_25th_wing_ks_laguna_seca_13-5-121-21-10-32.png

Memories....

__custom_showroom_1623782286.png

Last edited:
Captura.png

It is coming out better and faster than I thought, recycling buildings has been the best idea, luckily most of them are double-sided and I can repeat them without anyone noticing.

In fact, if I clone two buildings and put them in a row ... this is how the streets are made in Spain, all the buildings on the streets are the same, I have more problems finding town houses that look like the ones in Alcañiz

I think (I'm not sure) that for advertising brands, I can put them in later using track skin. And (I think) that they would have more quality that way.

Attachments

• upload_2021-6-15_22-18-31.png
    upload_2021-6-15_22-18-31.png
    324 bytes · Views: 25
Got an error popping up in Content Manager, wonder if anyone can help?
Whilst cleaning up my library of cars I have got an error for the ACF1 Williams FW38 from the 2016 pack regarding the skin previews. I know how to fix that....normally. If I click the error message and click 'solve all similar errors' (as there is two for this car for each drivers skin) or try 'Generate new preview' or 'Setup and generate new preview' then I get the message:
Oops!
Can't update previews:
.Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Whats that about then? :lol:

Does anyone know how to convert a track from rFactor 2 to Assetto Corsa? I have 3DsimED but do I need anything else? Really want to learn how to make track conversions for personal use :)

google is your friend on user made tracks, heaps of info about, and several bugs fixed in latest 3dsimed 3.2a (actually it fixes a lot of bugs in a lot of places generally) regarding this. the DLC stuff is encrypted but NR method is publically documented in MANY places and the scripts are user made, so not as easily accesable, but adding aluigi to your google searches will deliver results.
unknown.png

Last edited:
Is there a way to run the new Reboot zolder on a vanilla AC install?

No, you need the features CSP affords in order to be able to run it. Unless your PC is really slow and old, CSP and Content Manager is pretty much universally required in order to use new mods for AC nowadays, so it's a good idea to be using it. It really transforms AC from a barebones simulator into one of the best ever made.

Last edited:
OK, I'll play along, though I wouldn't use the words 'needs to be ported'. I'd rather say I'd really like them to be ported...

From Gran Turismo 5 and 6:

Eiger Nordwand:

Circuito de la Sierra:

London City Circuit:

Rome City Circuit:

Madrid City Circuit:

Oh yessssssss Madrid pleaseeeeee :dopey:

OK, I'll play along, though I wouldn't use the words 'needs to be ported'. I'd rather say I'd really like them to be ported...

Madrid City Circuit:

I had no idea that there was an urban circuit in Madrid, (I'm from Madrid)

The buildings are very very well done, but in reality they are not sooo close to each other

I had no idea that there was an urban circuit in Madrid, (I'm from Madrid)

The buildings are very very well done, but in reality they are not sooo close to each other
And for example torres colón are not up to date anymore xD.. madrid city center the most awesome place in the world

I just made a wishlist of fictional tracks from various games that needs to be ported to AC:

10 tracks in total so don't get too frosty on that one lol.
Also sorry for the really big message.

10: Special Stage Route X - Gran Turismo 5/6/Sport
I know its just a longer version of the Test Course from the previous GT games, but the scenery looks cool & its built for high speed races for URD's Red Bull X2010. Theres also an alternate layout which is seen from the game files of GT5, but it wasn't playable. Though it would be possible to see that alternate layout in AC to see what it looks like.

[Skipped to 2:02:33]

9: Tokyo Route 246 - Gran Turismo 3/4/5/6
After ACF released this track & it was revealed to be sort of a lazy recreation, it would be nice to have a 100% port of this track from the game. No wonder why they wanted a actual port from the game over the ACF version.

[Skipped to 2:21:34]

8: Shooting Hoops: Los Angeles - Ridge Racer Type 4
What happens if you take the HSR track from GT & the scenery from SSR5, stuff it into a blender & then pass it over to Ridge Racer Type 4? You'll get this track. It looks visualy appealing though its quite short & it can make up for 5 or 10 lap races.

7: pod Race Track - Gran Turismo Concept
Uhhhh...this looks like it would belong in the kart racing category way before karts were in GT5...or maybe its designed for small cars in mind such as the Toyota pod which is why i have to put it here. This small track was only playable in the pod Race event in GTC & its the only event-exclusive track to not appear anywhere else. Hope someone would recreate this.

6: Metro City - Daytona Championship USA
It is clear why its here because theres a speedway track from this game that was ported to AC, but that wasn't enough so we wanted more tracks from this game ported to AC such as this city track shown here.

The remaining 5 will be listed soon if i had time.

I wonder if one of the maps from the new call of duty games would be possible lol

Porsche 919 Hybrid Evo 2018 - Alternate Grid Filler skins
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...-2018-alternate-grid-filler-skins-1-0c.43258/
This was a request from another community member for additional (fictional) skins using the original skin layout as a template for the Porsche 919 Hybrid Evo 2018 (requires CSP)
Car: https://mega.nz/file/1I9wmCyZ#L5Z_uRDvl2SX7QigDp9kCWCjFvfeqIOfT7yMxtdjn60
original post and alt colouring scheme on some cars can be found here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-2580#post-13430547
__custom_showroom_1623793014.jpg
__custom_showroom_1623793042.jpg
__custom_showroom_1623793068.jpg
__custom_showroom_1623794546.jpg

Last edited:
I am wanting to learn animating cars. I am planning to attempt to make functional wipers on cars that dont have them. I plan on using blender. Anyone got a good tutorial which would help me learn this? I know next to nothing about any of this so I am quite the rookie.

Does anybody have a BMW V12 LMR with working skins on their HDD? I have one from legion and one from god-knows-where without any credits, and the skins that came with the one I previously had (also without credits) work on neither of these cars, all skins show #15 from '99 Le Mans... Maybe there was an older mod with skins that I missed

Eiger Nordwand:

Circuito de la Sierra:

London City Circuit:

Rome City Circuit:

Madrid City Circuit:

That would be lovely.

Here's a puzzle I'm currently trying to solve...

In replays, the volume of opponent cars and surrounding ambience always seem to drown out your own car, even when it's up close and slap bang in the middle of the screen. I've read that this was a known issue with AC replays even years ago and that Kunos said they would fix it, but never did. So...

Has anyone ever discovered a way to change the volume of opponents on replays? (... which is independent of opponent volume during actual racing sessions.)

This is not controlled by either the opponent volume in the AC audio control app, or in the opponent volume audio adjustments in CM/CSP. Whatever sets these audio levels in replays is hidden, but I'd really like to find a way to adjust it, because it bugs the 'you-know-what' out of me. :odd:

EDIT: To be clear, I'm running 5.1 audio across HDMI and decoded with DTS surround.

Last edited:
Does anybody have a BMW V12 LMR with working skins on their HDD? I have one from legion and one from god-knows-where without any credits, and the skins that came with the one I previously had (also without credits) work on neither of these cars, all skins show #15 from '99 Le Mans... Maybe there was an older mod with skins that I missed

Looking through my library I seem to have one from RTM

:edit:

There is also one one AssettoLand - https://mega.nz/file/8VtlWR5I#0q56YFai3tzJcB_46lkUCldLSsCTpywcwcUlZkDpRnk that looks like it might be different to what I have. Here is the Assetto-DB link with rating - http://assetto-db.com/car/bmw_v12lmr

Last edited:

In replays, the volume of opponent cars and surrounding ambience always seem to drown out your own car, even when it's up close and slap bang in the middle of the screen. I've read that this was a known issue with AC replays even years ago and that Kunos said they would fix it, but never did. So...

Has anyone ever discovered a way to change the volume of opponents on replays? (... which is independent of opponent volume during actual racing sessions.)

This is not controlled by either the opponent volume in the AC audio control app, or in the opponent volume audio adjustments in CM/CSP. Whatever sets these audio levels in replays is hidden, but I'd really like to find a way to adjust it, because it bugs the 'you-know-what' out of me. :odd:

EDIT: To be clear, I'm running 5.1 audio across HDMI and decoded with DTS surround.
I know it's obvious, but did you try this one? It works for me (in first person view).

it would be great if you could fixup Helsinki :)

Have made a faster AI for this track - another update perhaps?

I tried it, but AC wont save the fast_lane candidate. Strange error.

Also have had similar AI issue with some tracks... Check and remove any file with 'bin' or 'payload', in the AI-folder, and just retain 'pit' and 'fast' AI files... These additional files are generated by CM in Settings/New AI Behavior - for those that work with AIs' best to leave these options unchecked...

upload_2021-6-16_11-38-29.png

Here's a few more areas within CM to look into and test...
- Settings/General Patch Settings/Audio - Opponents volume multiplier
- Settings/Track Adjustments/Audio - New sound volume

Last edited:
I know it's obvious, but did you try this one? It works for me (in first person view).

I don't understand what you're suggesting? I don't watch replays only in first person view. I watch with all the track & onboard cameras operating. That's what all those nice custom cameras files are for!

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back