Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,785 comments
I don't understand what you're suggesting? I don't watch replays only in first person view. I watch will all the track & onboard cameras operating. That's what all those nice custom cameras files are for!
I am sorry. I think I did not understand your post. You are right. When you watch a replay on external cameras, the levels of each type of sound (wind, brakes, motor, etc.) are at the same level. Only when you put a camera on board, you can tell the difference between, for example, putting the sound of the opponents at 10% than at 90%.

Here's a few more areas within CM to look into and test...
- Settings/General Patch Settings/Audio - Opponents volume multiplier
- Settings/Track Adjustments/Audio - New sound volume

Thanks for the suggestion Racealot. I've already tried both, but neither of those does the trick unfortunately.

The thing is, you can do whatever you like with the balance for sounds while driving on-track, but it's specifically and only replays I'm talking about. The audio balance for that doesn't seem to be related to the main audio controls. No matter what you set the regular audio settings to, you still get a over-the-top audio from the rear speakers from cars near to the cameras (but not visible on screen). Also, when you're racing among a few cars, they're all loud and clear in replays, but your own car sound like a muffled Dyson vacuum cleaner by comparison.

Thanks for the suggestion Racealot. I've already tried both, but neither of those does the trick unfortunately.

The thing is, you can do whatever you like with the balance for sounds while driving on-track, but it's specifically and only replays I'm talking about. The audio balance for that doesn't seem to be related to the main audio controls. No matter what you set the regular audio settings to, you still get a over-the-top audio from the rear speakers from cars near to the cameras (but not visible on screen). Also, when you're racing among a few cars, they're all loud and clear in replays, but your own car sound like a muffled Dyson vacuum cleaner by comparison.

Thought perhaps they may have been a global-audio setting... Either way, a muffled Dyson or fart is not the ideal sound to have in replays... There's a setting that you ought to try (unchecked). This may silence those cars not in frame a bit, it certainly deafens engine-noise when cam is near the pit-area...

upload_2021-6-16_14-35-56.png

Lateral thinking here... If the sound whilst ingame racing is OK, then it may be that the audio settings used are not the same in replays - which in turn should be raised with CM authors for a review/update - will pay closer attention and compare audio volume ingame vs replay... We live and learn...

Try the following example to see if volume levels are alike between ingame & replays... Take a track-day session with say dozen opponents (different car-mods), and instead of taking a drive as usual, press 'CTRL' + '1' or '3' to cycle to an AI car, then F3 to view live laps via track cameras... Selecting a variety of different mods will help the test. Now you could view all AIs to determine if there is a sound-anomaly... Save the track-day session - then review replay to compare...

I am sorry. I think I did not understand your post. You are right. When you watch a replay on external cameras, the levels of each type of sound (wind, brakes, motor, etc.) are at the same level. Only when you put a camera on board, you can tell the difference between, for example, putting the sound of the opponents at 10% than at 90%.

This is a fair point - the sound whilst ingame driving is somewhat different (cockpit) than the sound heard in replays (cameras)...

Last edited:
@racealot What I have just confirmed is that if you drive without AI on track, your own car volume is nice and loud in replays. Then if you do exactly the same session (with exactly the same audio settings), but with AI on track as well, your own car's external volume drops dramatically in replays.

It's as though the AI audio has priority in replays and your car gets relegated to the left over 'mini speakers'.

EDIT: This short thread on STEAM from 5 years ago is discussing exactly the same thing, though there's no working solution:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/617330406652906170/

EDIT 2: Just to make this puzzle even more perplexing, it seems the issue is not so bad (or not bad at all) with some grid combinations, but really noticeable when racing all the same car. :boggled:

Last edited:
That's my mistake. I confused your Koenigsegg with another version (probably from assettoland). I've tested your version, and there is no gap. However, I'm experiencing a glitch where the Black Red livery changes to white livery on track when the car gets dirty. I'm on CSP 1.73. Is there a CM/CSP setting that I missed?
it may be my mistake in the texture of the damage I have to check that

Last edited:
Hello first post here,
I saw earlier that some of you might be interested, so I put the link to an updated video of my mod for the Laquais race track (in the French Alps near Lyon). It is a video that compare ingame and real footage. It's far from perfect but it's getting there...

It is not laser scan and it is not a conversion.
It's build from scratch using satellite photo and inboard video as references and some altitude information from google (but they are not very precise)
I saw that there was speculation it would be patreon or paid mod.
It is not, it will be release for free on Race Departement next month (I hope but more like when it's ready).

It's 3km long and 10m wide. It seats between something like Magione and Vallelunga, It's a perfect track for track days with sports cars (from clio to ferraris) small open wheels (the tatuus is a blast on it) and smaller racing leagues like Seat leon, Clio cup, Minis etc... up to GT4.
GT3 and higher will feel a little too much for it.
I hope you guys will like it. :)

Hello first post here,
I saw earlier that some of you might be interested, so I put the link to an updated video of my mod for the Laquais race track (in the French Alps near Lyon). It is a video that compare ingame and real footage. It's far from perfect but it's getting there...

It's build from scratch using satellite photo and inboard video as references and some altitude information from google (but they are not very precise)
It is not, it will be release for free on Race Departement next month (I hope but more like when it's ready).

It's 3km long and 10m wide. It seats between something like Magione and Vallelunga, It's a perfect track for track days with sports cars (from clio to ferraris) small open wheels (the tatuus is a blast on it) and smaller racing leagues like Seat leon, Clio cup, Minis etc... up to GT4.

Looking forward to it - thanks!
It looks fantastic from the video. On my phone it was hard to tell which was the real footage at first.
Good to hear it'll be free as well, especially since @__EASY__ 's version is a paymod.

Edit:, ah didn't realise Toscana was one of your tracks. Good to see you still modding, I love Toscana.

Last edited:
Hello first post here,

I always liked the flow of the track, shame there is no decent version.
This one looks amazing, like Mascot stated in then post above, it was hard to tell which was which.
Thanks for making and sharing this, from the video it looks top notch.

Hello first post here,

Dude that looks sick! Great video too.

That´s impressive, did you eyeballed it or did you used some photogrammetry service of some sort?
Eyeballed it... BUT as I said horizontal X and Z are set accordingly to satellite map from google earth. So they are mostly right. As for elevation I eyeballed it but spent quite some time with onboard video as background. The slope down is still not quite right. but otherwise I think the video shows it's quite faithful. In any case, without licence and laserscan... It will not be perfect.
The tarmac has a high definition mesh and I tried to set the bumpiness accordingly to what I remember, analyzation of the shakiness of various onboard cameras I watched and sim driving it so it doesn't feels too much or not enough.
I also drove the track myself (many years ago... ^^).

Last edited:
Eyeballed it... BUT as I said horizontal X and Z are set accordingly to satellite map from google earth. So they are mostly right. As for elevation I eyeballed it but spent quite some time with onboard video as background. The slope down is still not quite right. but otherwise I think the video shows it's quite faithful. In any case, without licence and laserscan... It will not be perfect.
The tarmac has a high definition mesh and I tried to set the bumpiness accordingly to what I remember, analyzation of the shakiness of various onboard cameras I watched and sim driving it so it doesn't feels too much or not enough.
I also drove the track myself (many years ago... ^^).

Looks stunning! Well done so far. As you wrote far from perfect I thought about another Easy convert (sorry mate) but that looks most likely as one of the best looking tracks I´ve seen in a long while.

Last edited:
Hello first post here,

Holy Moly,
That looks really great. :eek: 👍
I'm waiting for the release ... :dopey:

But couldn't you have posted that a few days earlier?
I've screwed on the previously published version and as far as possible already fixed most of it, damn it. I could have saved myself. :lol:

@Masscot

Yeah, this is the only other version I know of. Such a nice, interesting track that would be a really good mod if it's updated. Hopefully we'll get a better version, one way or another.

Circuit du Laquais (v0.2) for AC
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2370b4v8ffio2k/laquais_v0.2.rar?dl=0
I mean this version shared from @ApexVGear.

Now that I've seen your new version, it makes no sense for me to improve the rest of it (mainly physical mesh) ... :cool:
Anyway, since I was almost done, I'll share this for the transitional period until you release yours. If you still need any help, just contact me ... :dopey:

https://sharemods.com/ntsvt6dvmbvu/laquais_v0.4.7z.html

@Blackcelica how is Paul Ricard coming along?
Very well indeed, @marc_13000 has done a fantastic job so far and has another update which I should receive from him on thursday, I've been driving it daily all this last week. Hopefully just a final race skin will be needed. I've got rid of the nasty pink curbs and tarmac, it's a rich red/white with the newly resurfaced look for track. It still has no official DRS zones and is fully DRS open. The AI can only apply the DRS in a couple of places anyway. Once it is out someone will drop an official DRS zone update i'm sure.

I updated the link
Changelog:
new dust texture

Thanks to @OooAhh Cantona for the feedback

Maybe I missed something, but some cars, like a Honda S2000, have a setting in the setup menu, to remove the roof. RSS has this to "ghost" the halo, and a few other mods have similar features.

Since the roof can be removed in the showroom, could this feature be added for this mod?

Last edited:
Guys, I gave up on editing the VRC California track, skin-wise. It is a mess. Most of the assets are placed around the track several times, so each advert is around 4-5 times. It´s like from the old Kunos days. Makes no sense to publish that without looking rubbish. I will stick to the DDM version so far. It has the most realistic ads around the track and even more track variant to choose from.

Btw, in the xxx_models.ini of each VRC track variant, there is a spelling error: the file should be used as walls.kn5 but in the folder the file is called wall.kn5 (without the "s"). I figured it out while extracting the .dds files.

I wanted to contribute in this community with something, so here is a skin of a forgotten livery.

1998 Nissan r390 GT1 - Nissan Motorsport #33

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1998-nissan-r390-gt1-nissan-motorsport-33.43266/

Screenshot_legion_nissan_r390_lemans_1989_16-5-121-13-7-43.jpg

Screenshot_legion_nissan_r390_lemans_1989_16-5-121-13-11-57.jpg

Yesterday I felt inspired (I wish I had the inspiration in the college exam 2 hours earlier I started this) so here it is. This skin is for Legion's r390. I'm still learning how to use Photoshop and everything in general, like how to do a proper preview and not the preview attempt I did.

If you have some advices, tips or something wrong you see in the skin, please tell me and I'll keep learning. Hope you like it (specially @GzeroD , thank you for this car) ;)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back