Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,769 comments
Hoping someone knows the answer to this one.
Since upgrading to the Patreon csp preview 63 there is no rain effect in any rear view mirrors and no water spray off the tyres in any view. I couldn't find any new option in settings that would affect this and was hoping the later versions would fix it. But 92 and 134 are the same. I tried disabling virtual and real mirrors but no difference. The rear view is like looking at the selected weather but dry as a bone!
I have tried searching here and gone through some of the posts on the patreon page but that is like wading through a swamp to find what you are looking for.

Did anyone bought anything from APVS? I tried to contact them for support with one of their tracks but I didn't get any replies from them.
I have their tracks and can recommend. These were created by Elias and Alejo and for my offline Turismo Carretera and Turismo National championships are a good fit. In emergency you can join them on discord but in general this is not RSS update policy where you receive email notifications. New revisions are issued for their online championships and sometimes this takes time. What is important is that if you buy from their shop on your account you will have updated newest versions available at any time.

Elias is really evolving in terms of technical aspects and tracks are continually updated. AI in general it`s not their focus as those are used mainly online. Still fast lanes are competitive for me (90-95%). Can`t comment for pit lanes as I race on 10 laps without pits.

My biggest gripe with their tracks are blinking trees. This was especially evident on Nueve de Julio. In latest versions however this is fixed. Road mesh is also not on gunnar, h22 quality though its ok for me. Elevations, cambers are well represented from comparisons I`ve made. Latest versions have extended track surroundings, animated crowds, reverb effects, etc. This is good for such level that now I prefer Elias Balcarce to h22 (who is a beast of a modder for me).

Regarding the different versions of COTA, IIRC the one that Marc 13000 worked on was based on the top one (acu_unitedstates 1.16). Does anyone know if that's the case with cota_euroracers also?
Also, I assume that the cota_euroracers contains this extension: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...mericas-extension-for-cota_euroracers.46116/?

ne2s0HH.png

Thanks for your continued work on this! Could I make one request: When I open your list in Google Docs the date (specifically the year) is mostly truncated as you can see from the table above. Would it be possible to make that column a bit wider?

Hi, is there a way I can possibly get the sound files for the SCG 003C?

Somehow mine just randomly dissapeared and didn't expect to race Teslas in my gt3 championships.

Regarding the different versions of COTA, IIRC the one that Marc 13000 worked on was based on the top one (acu_unitedstates 1.16). Does anyone know if that's the case with cota_euroracers also?
Also, I assume that the cota_euroracers contains this extension: https://www.racedepartment.com/down...mericas-extension-for-cota_euroracers.46116/?

ne2s0HH.png

Thanks for your continued work on this! Could I make one request: When I open your list in Google Docs the date (specifically the year) is mostly truncated as you can see from the table above. Would it be possible to make that column a bit wider?
You're welcome 😃

Very strange about the date because that's what I see on my internet link :
1634896673238.png

Attachments

• 1634896535911.png
    1634896535911.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 19
Yes, as you can read it on his RD post
Note: This is extension/patch for cota_euroracers ,If you however already downloaded updated cota_euroracers v1 track from EuroRacers discord server than you do not need to download this patch because it is already inserted in the base file.
How does euro racers stack up to other versions??

I greet all fans of asetta corsa and raceroom, please I have a little question, is there any mod, application for editing external and internal cameras for cars - I have not found anything on various forums for raceroom.
If you are looking for an application for AssetoCorsa, then the game has such, and if for Raceroom, then you are wrong with the forum!

And also, how does one get into EuroRacers?
Perhaps at their Discord?
I Googled "euroracers discord". Invite was the second link down.
Link is infested with Google-cruft, so not posting it here. Lifetime insta-ban, lolz.

Another word of thanks, for maintaining this r̶e̶s̶o̶u̶r̶c̶e̶ ... treasure trove. 👍

Thanks for the check. I tweaked it a bit if you want to try it yourself. If you know how to open the file in Notepad++ look for the lines around line 345 that look like this:

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION=autumn grass different, not so much
MATERIALS=?grass?, runoff?, VEG_Plant_Ivy_A_Leaf, Prototype_VEG?, ?eg?ush?
KEY_0=seasonAutumn
VALUE_0=0.05
OFF_VALUE_0=ORIGINAL
CONDITION=SEASON_AUTUMN

Change the VALUE_0=0.05 to 0.01. That seems to darken the grass to more a realistic level. Now that I learned how to do this, i've been altering some other tracks. I got Monza to not display the Autumn colors so early in September and I got rid of the burnt out look on Nords in the Summer months. Always hated those two things about those tracks.
Hi. Can't see a big difference here. Maybe it's a bit more saturated. I've changed the value to 0.2 and it looks a bit more green but I'm not sure. Here's a comparison. Left is 0.2 right 0.05

Attachments

• difference.jpg
    difference.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Essington Park v1.0.1
Converted from rFactor2.
Screenshot_toyota_supra_rz_essingtonpark_27-8-121-19-24-51.jpg

Fictional track in England.

-CSP required
-26 pit/start
-3 layout

Credits & Thanks;
・ISI, create rFactor version
・"IsR" Barabba e Mario Moraris, conversion to rFactor2 and Thank you for gave me permission ("IsR" Barabba)
@shi (shin956), Track convert
@RMi_wood , cooperation

Enjoy.

v1.0.1 changelog;
-Changed the rotation speed of the windmill. (Item of Animated windmill in ext_config)
@Masscot ,Thanks for the quick check and advice.

Last edited:
I found out that Hum3D made a model of that Honda Civic Type R TCR which might as well be the most accurate rendition I've ever seen, especially its headlights being the most accurate to the real deal surprisingly (for a team that usually nails proportions in a similar vein to Turn 10). So I'm considering to buy this model once I'll find a job since it's really expensive (€95), but I personally think it's really worth it since all the other models of it, between all the current ones for AC and RaceRoom, they happen to have the most unaccurate headlights which are wrong in different ways for each model. Even though it doesn't have any interiors (like majority of other car models in that store), I can hopefully adapt an interior from another model of it which has the most accurate interiors out of them all and since lots of liveries have been made for each models in the past years, I feel like we can recreate ALL liveries which ever existed for that one TCR on the Hum3D model in order to have the most definitive version of it ever made for a driving simulator so far.

https://hum3d.com/it/3d-models/honda-civic-tcr-hatchback-2018/

I always thought that TCR has been portrayed badly in driving simulators so far, to multiple renditions of a single TCR car made for AC, to models not really looking the real part in other games such as RaceRoom as well. This time I feel we can all change that starting with this Honda eventually.
Hmm wait, the interior is not HQ, is just basic, because if you want the detailed cockpit, you must pay 900€ 😅

shi
Essington Park v1.0
Converted from rFactor2.
View attachment 1088037
Fictional track in England.

-CSP required
-26 pit/start
-3 layout

Credits & Thanks;
・ISI, create rFactor version
・"IsR" Barabba e Mario Moraris, conversion to rFactor2 and Thank you for gave me permission ("IsR" Barabba)
@shi (shin956), Track convert
@RMi_wood , cooperation

Enjoy.
Great track - really nice surprise!
One thing I noticed when swapping weathers, the windmill blades can spool up unrealistically fast in strong winds, almost like an aeroplane propellor.
I had a quick play with the config and changed this line
WIND_SPEED_KMH_MAX = 4
which seems to limit their speed to what I'd expect for this kind of old windmill no matter how strong the wind is blowing.

edit:
change this line as well so that the blades keep moving even in the highest wind possible, but their speed will still be limited to realistic levels. With the default setting the blades would stop completely at any wind speed over 40km/h, this way they'll keep moving right up to 120km/h.
WIND_SPEED_KMH_STOP = 121

Not 100% sure if this is exactly the best way to control the speed, but it seems to work.

Last edited:

ne2s0HH.png

I believe, but have not checked, that Marc's track was based on a previous ACU version (vheEth?).

Also, neither is an official Reboot Team track, but worked on by some people who are also involved with the Reboot Team. Confusing, I know.

Hi Browser. I'm not near my rig at present so I can't post specific settings right now, but as I haven't used the standard SOL PP filters for some time, my settings probably wouldn't look good on your monitor either way. They're all tuned for my 32:9 monitor/RTX3070 GPU.

I'd recommend you try reinstalling the latest version of SOL (after having done the CSP update). I can't remember how old SOL 2.1.3 is, but the ones on the SOL Discord channel have progressed well beyond the latest on RaceDepartment if that's the version you're running. Reboot your PC before firing everything up to try it again too.
Will doo thank you.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back