Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,755 comments
It's not about paying for a mod for me. I would happily pay for a good mod.

But picture this; You decide to try your hand at modding, so you create some skins. It is your first mod so you want to do a good job and spend ages perfecting them. Then someone downloads your skins, integrates them into their 'improved' mod and doesn't credit you. Now nobody is downloading your skins because they are downloading that mod instead, and it already has your skins included.
Behaviour like this is killing modding and discouraging people from taking their first steps into the modding scene.
This is what is happening here and this is what people are enabling.
Very valid point. I agree, but he clearly doesn't care and seems to sort of get off on it all.
Probably from all those private chats with Ilija where he just can't stop laughing at getting 15k a month for a rainfx.....
Knowing what you can get away with will go to your head pretty quick and tends to lend itself to having
very little respect for those you take from.

Last edited:
it is the kn5 and the original animation of kunos, it is necessary to modify the 3D model and redo the animation

PS:
front
custom_showroom_1641691126.jpg

After
custom_showroom_1641691181.jpg

Last edited:
Got a small headache trying to figure this out. I'm making a custom IndyCar championship for personal use and ideally I'd like to use 25-30 cars. Problem is the championship editor refuses to let me add more than 18 cars as it keeps telling me the minimum pits available is 18. But if I go to the ROUNDS screen where you add the tracks the minimum pits is at Laguna Seca with 24 pits, which is fine and in the ballpark for how many cars I'd like. Anyway, thought I would drop my problem here with some pics to show in hopes maybe someone could help find out why content manager thinks there are only 18 pits available, which is not true. Kinda frustrating. Maybe it's very simple and I just don't see why. shrugs
cars.png
tracks.png

Do you know if the steering on this car is incredibly fast or is it possibly a problem on my end? Really like the cars but I only turn the wheel a few degrees and it steers almost full lock. Thanks
I set a low steer ratio for it, you can change it to 12~14 in data/car.ini/[control].

Last edited:
Got a small headache trying to figure this out. I'm making a custom IndyCar championship for personal use and ideally I'd like to use 25-30 cars. Problem is the championship editor refuses to let me add more than 18 cars as it keeps telling me the minimum pits available is 18. But if I go to the ROUNDS screen where you add the tracks the minimum pits is at Laguna Seca with 24 pits, which is fine and in the ballpark for how many cars I'd like. Anyway, thought I would drop my problem here with some pics to show in hopes maybe someone could help find out why content manager thinks there are only 18 pits available, which is not true. Kinda frustrating. Maybe it's very simple and I just don't see why. shrugs
View attachment 1104607View attachment 1104608
Cuz Content Manager is not so smart xD, just save the championship, exit Content Manager and launch it again :sly:

View attachment 1104607View attachment 1104608
It wants the same maximum number of cars for every round, so it cuts the maximum to the round with the least cars. Just take that round out.

(I was just editing championships yesterday, with 177p1, with no problems, btw)

Last edited:
Mou dieu you stole my modification on the car without asking me, I'm going to go dig a hole in the garden and kill myself :D
I really hope this was sarcasm .... twice
  • Model update, integrated latest CSP features
  • Added/ Only RL skins & drivers (+suits & helmets).

• Credits:
  • Pitone; initial conversion
  • GTP; Model Updates: Nuno, Mascot, Easy
  • AMAFmod: Sounds
  • Easy: lights, wipers, updated lods, damage integration
  • Bazza: physics, AI
  • skins (RD community):
Let me get this straight, you credit yourself for using the extension I've made from scratch, without fixing the errors which evolved due to changes by Easy, who gets credited for stuff he hasnt even done too?

I applaud you for that one.

And because of the complete ignorance of my work on this car the community here at GTPlanet can thank you.

They can thank you for the facts that someone else can repair the extension again, what isnt a biggy tho, and they can thank you that I wont release the already nearly done update anymore announced in this post.

Let me get this straight, you credit yourself for using the extension I've made from scratch, without fixing the errors which evolved due to changes by Easy, who gets credited for stuff he hasnt even done too?

And because of the complete ignorance of my work on this car the community here at GTPlanet can thank you.

They can thank you for the facts that someone else can repair the extension again, what isnt a biggy tho, and they can thank you that I wont release the already nearly done update anymore announced in this post.
of course it was sarcasm

I usually don’t post video links in this thread(because there’s a video thread already), but I wanted to draw some attention to this epic multi-year(in creation) one-man, ongoing project of the Phoenix F1 Grand Prix circuit, used in 1989, 1990 & 1991, by EKO SimRacing.

This track’s creator, EKO Sim-Racing, personally attended each of the three Formula One Grand Prix held at Phoenix back in 1989, 1990 and 1991, hence this level of passion and attention to the smallest details. This project isn’t a mere approximation of those tracks, it’s perhaps as accurate as it could be, using available LiDAR data for the existing road geography, painstaking analysis of the buildings, objects and track sponsors etc. He's even made sure to get the exact size & position of ALL the traffic lights and lamp posts correct - on every junction!
These tracks also dig deep into my own F1 nostalgia archives, having watched the races live on Eurosport each season, and driving the 1991 track in Geoff Crammond’s ‘F1GP’ game on the Atari ST, back in 1992/3.

There are planned bespoke sponsor & camera changes for each of the three tracks, as there were some big differences between all of them - most notably between 1990 and 1991, where the track layout itself also received a major revision.

Now, the tracks are FAR from finished - many primary, secondary & tertiary buildings, plus authentic cameras, horizon background, a faster ai line and misc objects such as the people in the pits around the track, marshals, plus the actual crowd in the stands still needing to be completed, to make this really feel like a bustling and alive track. Eric is fully aware of this of course, and the track is currently available right now for early backers, with many updates still to come!

I just need a few 1989 F1 cars to race on the 1989 layout!

Check out the EKO-Sim-Racing Discord to find out more.

Last edited:
I usually don’t post video links in this thread(because there’s a video thread already), but I wanted to draw some attention to this epic multi-year(in creation) one-man, ongoing project of the Phoenix F1 Grand Prix circuit, used in 1989, 1990 & 1991, by EKO SimRacing.

This track’s creator, EKO Sim-Racing, personally attended each of the three Formula One Grand Prix held at Phoenix back in 1989, 1990 and 1991, hence this level of passion and attention to the smallest details. This project isn’t a mere approximation of those tracks, it’s perhaps as accurate as it could be, using available LiDAR data for the existing road geography, painstaking analysis of the buildings, objects and track sponsors etc. He's even made sure to get the exact size & position of ALL the traffic lights and lamp posts correct - on every junction!
These tracks also dig deep into my own F1 nostalgia archives, having watched the races live on Eurosport each season, and driving the 1991 track in Geoff Crammond’s ‘F1GP’ game on the Atari ST, back in 1992/3.

There are planned bespoke sponsor & camera changes for each of the three tracks, as there were some big differences between all of them - most notably between 1990 and 1991, where the track layout itself also received a major revision.

Now, the tracks are FAR from finished - primary, secondary & tertiary buildings, plus authentic cameras, horizon background, a faster ai line and misc objects such as the people in the pits around the track, plus the actual crowd, are still needing to be completed, to make this really feel like a bustling and alive track. Eric is fully aware of this of course, and the track is currently available right now for early backers, with many updates still to come!

I just need a few 1989 F1 cars to race on the 1989 layout! :D

https://discord.gg/k3gaBGqA
:gtpflag:

This post IS the kind of content I signed up for. Ta.

I'm pretty sure when @_Bazza_ picks up on this he'll update the credits. If you look at a lot of the stuff he's released (with the ACL team); they all come with an extensive list of credits so if someone's been left off it it's no doubt an accidental oversight or mistake.

Don't get me wrong, you're completely founded in your point and there is too much of that around but I'm sure in this instance the accreditation can/will be rectified.

And my thanks for contributing to this excellent classic car.

Now, the tracks are FAR from finished - primary, secondary & tertiary buildings, plus authentic cameras, horizon background, a faster ai line and misc objects such as the people in the pits around the track, plus the actual crowd, are still needing to be completed, to make this really feel like a bustling and alive track. Eric is fully aware of this of course, and the track is currently available right now for early backers, with many updates still to come!

link not work for my

Discord invite is expired sadly.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure when @_Bazza_ picks up on this he'll update the credits. If you look at a lot of the stuff he's released (with the ACL team); they all come with an extensive list of credits so if someone's been left off it it's no doubt an accidental oversight or mistake.

Don't get me wrong, you're completely founded in your point and there is too much of that around but I'm sure in this instance the accreditation can/will be rectified.

And my thanks for contributing to this excellent classic car.
no problem for that, I was credited even if it wasn't done, I don't care about that, my sarcasm is only for the rageful who have nothing else to do with their lives
ps: I will not respond to any criticism from now on

Last edited:

Now, the tracks are FAR from finished - many primary, secondary & tertiary buildings, plus authentic cameras, horizon background, a faster ai line and misc objects such as the people in the pits around the track, plus the actual crowd, are still needing to be completed, to make this really feel like a bustling and alive track. Eric is fully aware of this of course, and the track is currently available right now for early backers, with many updates still to come!

€30 a month on Patreon for two "FAR from finished" tracks???

No need for Joy2Key, I think you can set it up in CM/Settings/Assetto Corsa/Controls/Buttons simply by assigning the paddle and the sequential inputs to the same function (gears up or down) at the same time.
Gated shifting can also be used at the same time if the car allows it (just tick the box), ie you only need one shifting profile to cover paddles, sequential and gated at the same time. There's never any need to change profiles depending on the car.
(make sure 'combine with keyboard' is ticked too)

View attachment 1102811
Ever since I use the above function, my Heusinkveld sequential shifter has a tendency to shift twice when I pull/push the lever and hold it for a fraction of a second longer/too long. I seem to sometimes do that 🤔 but it never resulted in double shifting before.
The paddles on the wheel don't show this behavior.
After I got a car engine damaged a couple of times, I started looking for a solution.
It turned out to be simple: deleting the extra shifter setting in CM/AC/controls, activating Joy2key again and gone is the double shift...

Last edited:
You update the car skin?Excellent~I convert it from AMS, but I thought there are few people will play it.
I just change the icons and previews but they linked to skin folder, so I kind of have to upload that way. Mod or skin isn't mine.

Btw, It needs the tyre skins. Only shows yellow Pirelli.

PedroBLR on last month end released interesting one his version of BMW M3 GTR, but without any skins, only one red, and some skins from RD doesn't fit. :(
Maybe someone could make some fixes / adoptations or have released works?
Btw, car also need some fixes on graphical issues, missing dash fonts etc.
Perhaps I will raise my request again, since I think that it simply did not notice him behind the whole current mod drama.

Hello All, Happy New Year! just been catching up all the discussions way back from November.

I would like to ask if there is any lighting for Seattle Circuit? Since from what I am having, it is pitch dark if I make it night time.
try the following post (found via 'search' function)...

Haa, this one looks good!!

I always love to drive pre-1991 Silverstone (pre-1987 even more, pre-1973 even even more :P), but those pesky low walls at the apexes that were there in the year Kunos modelled it always ruin the experience for me - like, pre-1991 is such a wide open race track that it would INVITE you to push very hard, but those pesky walls just make it a half-Monaco feeling, which is not nice.

I understand those walls were long gone by 1975.

Will you correct the incorrect Stowe corner geometry as well or is this just a skin?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back