Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,748 comments

Attachments

• cm1.JPG
    cm1.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Just found a track (Sandia Speedway) somebody was looking for on FB, link in the video description:

The mod could use some AI lines and lights, the 3d grass is not bad. Since I don't drift I removed MODEL_4 from models.ini to get rid of the cones standing in the middle of the track.

RainFX:
INI:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = road?, concre?, winnerc
SOAKING_MATERIALS = road?, concre?, winnerc
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = mshut, advs1, carteles
ROUGH_MATERIALS = curb?

Update: it seems the cones need to be hidden via ext config:
INI:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = Traffic_Cone_027, Traffic_Cone_028, Traffic_Cone_029
IS_ACTIVE = 1
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

I can't proceed in discord, after the 1st step. It says: "You don't have permission to send messages in this channel."

View attachment 1114441

Can't write the presentation.
you need to introduce yourself in either "Les pilotes > -présentez vous" or "Le coin modders > -présentez vous" depending on whether you consider yourself a racer or a modder.

Last edited:
It's a shame that they've destroyed it, but yeah... what has been done, has been done. Sadly we can only play it in a virtual world now
I've been away from the forum, so this is why I am replying just now. Yeah, I agree. The same happened to our beloved race track here in Curitiba (Pinhais, actually, near Curitiba), Brazil. It ill be replaced by a residencial place.
I began to love racing cars when I went there for the first time. I was so passioned by this world that I made a webasite dedicated to this and managed to access the events for free as a photographer. It is so nostalgic to remeber that place that now it is in ruins.

demolicao-autodromo-reproducao.jpg

796537346-aic.jpg

Goodbye old friend...
aic.jpg

Last edited:
I've been away from the forum, so this is why I am replying just now. Yeah, I agree. The same happened to our beloved race track here in Curitiba (Pinhais, actually, near Curitiba), Brazil. It ill be replaced by a residencial place.
I began to love racing cars when I went there for the first time. I was so passioned by this world that I made a webasite dedicated to this and managed to access the events for free as a photographer. It is so nostalgic to remeber that place that now it is in ruins.

796537346-aic.jpg

Goodbye old friend...
aic.jpg
Wait wait wait wait. They have destroyed Curitiba too?!??!?!

you need to introduce yourself in either "Les pilotes > -présentez vous" or "Le coin modders > -présentez vous" depending on whether you consider yourself a racer or a modder.
:odd: How can I present myself if I am not allowed to write? :)
Have you accepted the rules (reglement section) with a thumb-up?
Yes I did.
I made the 1st step - accepted the rules (reglement section) with a thumb-up - of 3 steps.
1st step is accepting the rules and press the thumb-up icon.

Edit: I left discord and rejoin. Now I can write.:eek::rolleyes::)

Thank you both.

Last edited:

796537346-aic.jpg

Goodbye old friend...
aic.jpg
This is Bolsonaro's Brazil.

F Long <fernando.longa17@gmail.com> Attachments 08:44 (9 hours ago) for ETc Hello...hello...Gabriel, once again asking for help. A small drawing is included to explain what is happening. Summing up. Hello friends, if anyone has a suggestion on how to solve this problem I would be grateful. 1-I took the Ferrari 156 Sharknose to use as a base (chassis) to put the body of the Lotus 18 from 1960/61 from Rfactor, practically the same size. 2- In 3dsimed I just deleted the Ferrari body (first I saved the textures) I added the Lotus body and adjusted. 3- As the Ferrari wheels are spoked, I exchanged them with the Cooper T51 ones, however in the exchange, I noticed that the proportions of the Cooper wheels got bigger, I had to adjust the right size in 3dsimed. 4. I saved everything, first in 3dfx format, then kn5, everything is fine. 5. I opened the showroom in Content Manager practically the same thing as Ferrari 6. I enter a track, the car loads normally, drives normally, but the position of the wheels is very different. 7. Front position became narrow (almost glued to the car body). 8. Rear position departs . 9. I'm not able to solve what it could be, I tried to change some parameters in the "suspensions" file inside the DATA...but it only changes the height of the suspension.

Attachments

• Ferrari156.Lotus18.png
    Ferrari156.Lotus18.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Lotus 18. track.png
    Lotus 18. track.png
    336.6 KB · Views: 25

796537346-aic.jpg

Goodbye old friend...
aic.jpg
It's so sad so see when a track 'dies.' Riverside, Continental Divide, old Hockenheim, old Kyalami, old Zandvoort... Oran Park. The list is endless.

And only sometimes of sometimes do the replacement projects make sense, even commercially. (Of the above, Kyalami is probably the only one I can understand, that hill seems a thriving place.)

I'm talking about factual, objective things, not subjective ones or artistic decisions. Opaque glass or windows with internal snowstorm reflections; AI cars that don't leave the starting grid; complete lack of shifting animations; a folder name that won't record mileage; headlights that don't work. The sort of thing that's objectively either right or wrong, or working or not.
You're right, those are objective faults. I should have been clear that I was referring to mods with, for example, "reworked physics". While Jim Clark's lotus had objective behavior (which probably changed from race to race), there's nobody alive qualified to judge whether a simulated version of that car is "realistic". So while we're dealing with facts, there is an element of subjectivity in how we judge a mod's behavior.

I still think it's better for people to be able to submit fixes to an original author for incorporation into the "canonical" instance of a mod, but at least people who do "reworks" and "enhancements" should throw in a text file explaining what they did, why, and how -- that fort of practice raises everybody's knowledge and skill set.

F Long <fernando.longa17@gmail.com> Attachments 08:44 (9 hours ago) for ETc Hello...hello...Gabriel, once again asking for help. A small drawing is included to explain what is happening. Summing up. Hello friends, if anyone has a suggestion on how to solve this problem I would be grateful. 1-I took the Ferrari 156 Sharknose to use as a base (chassis) to put the body of the Lotus 18 from 1960/61 from Rfactor, practically the same size. 2- In 3dsimed I just deleted the Ferrari body (first I saved the textures) I added the Lotus body and adjusted. 3- As the Ferrari wheels are spoked, I exchanged them with the Cooper T51 ones, however in the exchange, I noticed that the proportions of the Cooper wheels got bigger, I had to adjust the right size in 3dsimed. 4. I saved everything, first in 3dfx format, then kn5, everything is fine. 5. I opened the showroom in Content Manager practically the same thing as Ferrari 6. I enter a track, the car loads normally, drives normally, but the position of the wheels is very different. 7. Front position became narrow (almost glued to the car body). 8. Rear position departs . 9. I'm not able to solve what it could be, I tried to change some parameters in the "suspensions" file inside the DATA...but it only changes the height of the suspension.
So I discovered the problem. A Brazilian friend who is ( modder ) sent me a video explaining that this usually happens in 3dsimed when we change or move the original wheels of a car, as it is difficult to adjust later. And that's what happened, I changed all the wheels and tires of the Ferrari for all of the Cooper T51, as they contained the brake discs that theoretically would make it easier for me (and they are similar to those of the Lotus 18). Now it's a step back, that is, putting the complete set of the Ferrari and trying to change just the hub of the wheels.

sorry I use CM 0.8.2297.38573 (last version) and CSP 0.1.77 preview but I don't have CSP mirrors app .... I am alone ??? how to download this app to integrate it into the CM ?
All the apps are here on this github acc-extension-apps page Claudio:

Just put them in the python app folder, then turn them on in the CM settings/apps tab.

Kunos Mazda MX5 ND (right-hand drive conversion for civilised VR users).
Wipers are on the correct side... they just need animating by magic pixies or AC's version of Rumpelstiltskin.
  • Original car by Kunos
  • RHD conversion by Kaiser (whereabouts unknown)
  • LODs, driver swap, suits/helmets/gloves, shifting animation, paint jobs added by Momma Bongos (whereabouts unknown)
  • New LODs and more accurate shifting animation added by M (last seen in the Dog & Duck)

1644968227026.png

Nice one, buddy... one can never have enough Spa cams.
I use Spa the revised version (from RaceDept.), is there a chance to make it work on a different layout that is basically the same layout but renamed?
Hi my friend, thanks!
Would you share the link to the version you mentioned? I'll see if it's possible.

Just found a track (Sandia Speedway) somebody was looking for on FB, link in the video description:

The mod could use some AI lines and lights, the 3d grass is not bad. Since I don't drift I removed MODEL_4 from models.ini to get rid of the cones standing in the middle of the track.

In the ui author indication is Sergio Loro... :D

ery much looks like an old track

796537346-aic.jpg

Goodbye old friend...
aic.jpg
that's truly not great, the problem is everywhere too.

Hi my friend, thanks!
Would you share the link to the version you mentioned? I'll see if it's possible.
It is called Remastered but the layout's name is Revised. :banghead: Highly recommended add-on anyway.

I just renamed your file with the new layout name and it seems to works: spa_spa_revised-ATR.json
Your new Camtool and the discovery of this little tweak are a nice 45th birthday present. :D

It is called Remastered but the layout's name is Revised. :banghead: Highly recommended add-on anyway.

I just renamed your file with the new layout name and it seems to works: spa_spa_revised-ATR.json
Your new Camtool and the discovery of this little tweak are a nice 45th birthday present. :D
John's stuff is always good

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back