Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,822 comments
Cannot see any problem there..

Probably you have made edits with the AC_PIT and AC_START left on track so when exported these nodes lost their origins and axis rotation.

Remove all AC_? nodes from this save and use the ones from the original track if there were any

Edit: ninja'd by @El Locho :)
i tried adding some pit boxes for this autopolis version, by duplicating and renaming the existing AC_START_ and AC_PIT_ objects

Thank you. Would be an interesting build for sure, a car I've never seen on the roads here.

I should be able to fix the shift animation issue, the only one I think ill need to look into is the lights as they worked fine before and are still working in the showroom.
Lights work for me using these values:
INI:
[HEADER]
VERSION=3
FLASHING_BLINK_TIME=0.35
FLASHING_REPEAT=1
KERS_BLINKING=0
NO_LIGHT_SWITCH=0

Edit: Attached lights.ini with working lights and flashing (no clue what the correct flashing parameters should be, but I will probably use a blink time of 0.25 and 3 repetitions)

Attachments

• lights.ini
    903 bytes · Views: 19
Last edited:
any clue on why it does this after exporting the track from kseditor?
View attachment 1145868View attachment 1145869
This may be because you have exported the kn5 (with its original pitboxes) from the map, and the pitboxes are loaded through a models file, check how many .kn5 are in the track folder, if you have to load by models, the problem may be there.

A map can have pitboxes assigned wrong, but that is fixed by loading other pitboxes via model files.

Last edited:
1651578703785.png

Should have made it. I resetted all the pivot points and then orientated them as it should, though they already were correctly oreinatated. Thanks to everyone

Is a driving simulator, even there are some road cars, the purpose while i'm on track is to race (alone or against AI/Online) not to make the tour of some cities :D
That why I argued some weeks ago for the great effort they put on graphics instead of physics. Then they tried to burn me but I managed to escape 😂

That why I argued some weeks ago for the great effort they put on graphics instead of physics. Then they tried to burn me but I managed to escape 😂
Simulating physics is always a problem:

AC was designed to run on a big amount of different hardwares, for a different types of final client which, most of the time, are not real teams or drivers so they could not put every single effort and calculations on simulation but balance it on both side (Not every final cliente can handle a real physic of a car and most important not everyone can afford super wheels from Fanatec or Heusinkveld).

AC was designed to be enjoyed, not to be a nightmare for a normal user, that's why it has gained so much success.

Replicate 100% real life is impossibile without some compromises, that's why real teams uses low graphics and high simulations, because they don't need super result in terms of graphics but super result in terms of data collected.

Simulating physics is always a problem:

AC was designed to run on a big amount of different hardwares, for a different types of final client which, most of the time, are not real teams or drivers so they could not put every single effort and calculations on simulation but balance it on both side (Not every final cliente can handle a real physic of a car and most important not everyone can afford super wheels from Fanatec or Heusinkveld).

AC was designed to be enjoyed, not to be a nightmare for a normal user, that's why it has gained so much success.

Replicate 100% real life is impossibile without some compromises, that's why real teams uses low graphics and high simulations, because they don't need super result in terms of graphics but super result in terms of data collected.
I tried many professional simulators with AC installed with custom cars. They were amazing. I can agree with you on the fact that we community aren't so physics expert nor we have access to data for every single car but I can argue from the fact that a little less effort on graphics and little more on physics could have made this game less messy with TONS of good looking mods...

I tried many professional simulators with AC installed with custom cars. They were amazing. I can agree with you on the fact that we community aren't so physics expert nor we have access to data for every single car but I can argue from the fact that a little less effort on graphics and little more on physics could have made this game less messy with TONS of good looking mods...
Mods CAN'T HAVE real physics unless modder have access to real-life data from drivers or team, so at least only 1%, the others are completely random-closer-value but for sure not real 100%.

In order to be sell, AC needs at that time, to be better over rFactor which was extremely good on physics but not good on graphics. That was the fortune of AC.

Real car in game can't be handled by most of the casual sim-racer, that's why people loved so much AC because it was simulating, but also affordable and playable ;)

People can barely even get the basics with graphics right and you're saying they should be putting a little bit less effort lol

Mods CAN'T HAVE real physics unless modder have access to real-life data from drivers or team, so at least only 1%, the others are completely random-closer-value but for sure not real 100%.

In order to be sell, AC needs at that time, to be better over rFactor which was extremely good on physics but not good on graphics. That was the fortune of AC.

Real car in game can't be handled by most of the casual sim-racer, that's why people loved so much AC because it was simulating, but also affordable and playable ;)
Yes I agree, the purpose of assetto corsa is entertainment for sim players. Some kind of Gran Turismo but more realistic.

If I want hardcore physics then I will play iracing or rfactor 2 dlc

Assetto helps me to learn how to drive and challenge me with real life constraints. Thanks to it I can jump on rfactor 2, but I always go back to assetto just to drive for fun

Does someone know if there is any way to use it in VR?
Depends on the position of the display inside the car. If it is high enough to fit inside the monitor's viewport so that you can reach it with the mouse you should be able to click the icons with one eye closed.

Last edited:
AI for acf_Franciacorta:

Long and Short layouts revised. I think there are a few versions out there, but should work for all. Delete any .bin, payloads, and cache files in ai folders before use.

Have fun

Ok, so after several weeks of pain & troubleshooting, I've finally finished the first version of my first mod. Introducing:

The Elizalde Halcón Gran Sport!
View attachment 1145677

Looking good!

See, I play Arknights, & one day I asked myself: "What would motorsport look like in the Arknights world?". So after several iterations, I arrived at the GRID GT Series (yes, that's in reference to GRID by Codies). And this is the first car for it: a luxury coupe turned GT3- sorry, GGT race car, powered by a 4.5l NA V8 producing 585 bhp & 538 Nm of torque. I'll be doing one car for each Arknights country, with this one representing Iberia (because I'm a self-indulgent Spaniard).

Now for some details about the car's data:

• Model: Self-made & my first model in Blender.
  • Engine: Built it using Automation & translated that to AC.
  • EVERYTHING ELSE: Taken from either the Formula K (some car used as a base for mods, apparently) or the Bentley Continental GT3 '18 with some minor modifications.

I've already got some things to do for the next version of the Elizalde:
  • Make the wheels not look like cheese wheels.
  • Car needs more rear grip.
  • Get some actual materials on this car (help me, Blenderkit).

Tell me what you think!

View attachment 1145685

As long as you have fun making Mods...then it doesn't really matter what other people think. I'd say at least 85% ( including myself ) of the readers here don't know anything about mod making and judge just by how the mod looks. Like I said if it's fun for you.....that's all that matters. I've seen so many people showing off their first mod they ever made and people putting it down to the lowest, and most of the time they just give up.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back